CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK Black Series Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
CLK Black Series Steering Wheel

This is a factory CLK Black steering wheel that has been fitted with Carbon Fiber. It was commissioned because we thought the car needed a little more carbon fiber.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:31 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Nice. Any plans to do the other metal trim pieces in the door, glove box?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Very nice looking piece! Can you share pricing?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very nice!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Pricing

At this time for MBWORLD poeple we are offering this for 2495.00
Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by 110motoring
At this time for MBWORLD poeple we are offering this for 2495.00
LOL !!! Does that come with Vaseline??
Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
No but we sure know how to make you feel good about your purchase. If you are a TRUE CLK Black Series owner and wish to core exchange your factory wheel we are willing to make a deal.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
No but we sure know how to make you feel good about your purchase. If you are a TRUE CLK Black Series owner and wish to core exchange your factory wheel we are willing to make a deal.
I think I am interested, what's another couple grand at this point! What are we talking $$ with core exchange? Do you need my core before you can ship new one, or can you just charge me a core deposit and once you receive mine you can issue a credit? I just want to avoid a bunch of down time, this is prime sports car and track season. Do you have units available now for immediate shipping?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:26 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
We are talking about $1500.00 for MB World members plus a core charge of $1000.00. We will include shipping for free. Total charged to you until return of your wheel will be $2500.00.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One last thing, is the carbon fiber a good color and weave match to the factory carbon fiber? Looks good in a photo, but without seeing it up against the dash it's kind of hard to tell.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
This wheel was specifically matched to the carbon pattern weave and color of the CLK Black Series
Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 PM

W211
looks amazing!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

Not sure what you mean my "true" Black Series owner, Adam. I suggest you do your research before you open your pie hole...the TITLE to my Black Series has been posted in this forum per the request of another member.

Regards,

Luke
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by jrcart
I just want to avoid a bunch of down time, this is prime sports car and track season. Do you have units available now for immediate shipping?
Jim (and everyone else for that matter) - I suggest you stay away from doing any business with 110 Motoring. This is simply a suggestion from my personal experience with them and the owner, Jon Cohen. I have intimate knowledge of their business and have had very bad experiences with them as have many of my friends. If you would like more information please feel free to send me a PM. I cannot speak for others and their experience with 110 Motoring, this is simply my personal and professional opinion.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
As the site admin, I have been notified of this thread due to the last post.

I have spoken with LZH and his story appears credible.

This might be a good opportunity for 110 Motoring to reply.

We have never hid or deleted these types of threads (even when aimed at my own business - evosport). It is not fair to the enthusiasts on the site.

Thanks
Brad
Old 04-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by LZH
Jim (and everyone else for that matter) - I suggest you stay away from doing any business with 110 Motoring. This is simply a suggestion from my personal experience with them and the owner, Jon Cohen. I have intimate knowledge of their business and have had very bad experiences with them as have many of my friends. If you would like more information please feel free to send me a PM. I cannot speak for others and their experience with 110 Motoring, this is simply my personal and professional opinion.
Originally Posted by otoupalik

We have never hid or deleted these types of threads (even when aimed at my own business - evosport). It is not fair to the enthusiasts on the site.

Thanks
Brad
Luke,

Why not share it so members can learn from your experience? Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 AM
LZH
Banned

Thanks
Brad
Thanks Brad. I knew my comments would raise a few eyebrows, in fact, that was my intent and I applaud you for your integrity in running this site and not shutting this thread down.
More often than not, these sites are comprised of success stories, great tuning, amazing installs and lots of hard performance data to back it up. Which is what makes sites such as this an amazing wealth of information. But, what often times is lacking, are the stories we never want to hear. If I am not mistaken there was a large turmoil recently regarding a tuner. Many of the members commented that THESE are the types of things they wish they had been informed of while doing valuable research.
I do not wish to air out any dirty laundry here, nor will I be baited into it. What I will say is that I have nothing to gain from my comments regarding 110 Motoring. I am simply advising other members that I know things that would make your skin crawl.
If Adam or Jon would like to comment, or would like for me to elaborate, just say the word - Otherwise, I will leave it at that.

Last edited by LZH; 04-24-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks Brad. I knew my comments would raise a few eyebrows, ....
Definitely raised my eyebrows and I realize there are 2 sides to every story but I thank you for having the guts to put it out there. Whether it helps others or not will be determined by their own due diligence, but at least you made us aware. 110 has the chance to respond if they feel unfairly slighted.

A couple of months ago, someone finally outed a tuner that had allegedly damaged a few a few 55k engines with a bad tune. There were probably 5 or more people who held silent despite taking damage. Who benefitted from their silence? Not the guys who got a bad tune that's for sure.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Definitely raised my eyebrows and I realize there are 2 sides to every story but I thank you for having the guts to put it out there.
I find there are always actually 3 sides to every story Side A, Side B, and the truth.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to PM LZH for some additional info on his past experiences with 110 and then draw my own opinion of the situation.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 AM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Originally Posted by LZH
Not sure what you mean my "true" Black Series owner, Adam. I suggest you do your research before you open your pie hole...the TITLE to my Black Series has been posted in this forum per the request of another member.

Regards,

Luke
Someone actually wanted you to post your title on here to prove you owned a Black Series???? What is this world coming to? Besides, what is that going to prove? You probably just photoshopped the title of your Honda Civic to say Mercedes-Benz CLK63 Black Series, LOL, JUST KIDDING! But seriously, I'm suprised the person that wanted you to post it did not accuse you of printing out a fake title, with computers and printers these days anythings possible, Right? I can't believe some people, I was getting the same kind of crap, nobody believes that my CLS makes 573 hp without the bottle. I have had to post all of my mods SEVERAL times because of people not beleiving me, and if I ignor them, I am called a lier. I am starting to conclude that there are a lot of haters on this forum that just like to stir the pot. I was happy to see that admin dished out some penalties last week on another thread.

Thanks for the heads up on your experiences with 110 Motoring, this is the place to air out both the good and bad vendors, tuners and dealerships that are out there.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
$1500 with a core exchange is roughly 1.5-2X the price I have been quoted to have my wheel redone in carbon - sounds a little on the high side to me
Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 AM

W209

Thanks
Brad
If a sponsor is known to have shady business practices, then why keep them on as a sponsor on this site?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by ghettobird
If a sponsor is known to have shady business practices, then why keep them on as a sponsor on this site?
Well there is a big difference between "known" and "a credible report" - don't you think?

I certainly don't think it is right to just bash people and cut them off from the site based on reports. I have no factual evidence, nor was I involved. What I said was the story that I was told was credible. I am not going to go into why or how, it just was.

Further, Simon and I no longer own the site. We started and built it, but Internet Brands owns it. It is their decision to rescind sponsorships. However, they ARE contracts, with penalties for breach. Further, this IS a business. It takes a LOT of money to keep this forum alive, and each sponsor is critical to the growth and existence of the site. I would not endorse terminating sponsors unless proven facts were brought to light and there were laws violated.

Short of that, we are a community forum, and we will always allow people to discuss things.

For example, we (evosport) have had our share of being bashed on here. The vast majority were not accurate and as such, we explained and gave proof as to our explanation on the site. Without having that opportunity, "negative rumors" would have continued without being given the chance to tell BOTH sides of the story.

As Jim (JR Cart) stated, there are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle (even if skewed slightly or greatly to one side). However, with only one side of the story, it is hard for anyone to come to any conclusion except to accept the negative.

Thanks
brad
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
awe... the drama...
btw, that's 1 nice looking steering wheel!
Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Response to LZH!!!

I will admit that LZH and I have personal issues!!! Just because you and an old friend have issues why would you connect a personal issue with my company?

I was the one who took care of your CLK Black series. I even got you one of the first ones in LA at STICKER!!! We Serviced your car at ZERO cost to you!!! I didnt even charge you for the OIL after you decided to put your car on the track the first week you got it!

Hmmm should I go on...

I do not intend to even give a response to LZH... We were friends who have a completely different view on several situations! There are plenty of things that I can say; but what good would that do? Does mbworld need to know the personal life of a sponsor???

I know that there are many people out here that have been to 110Motoring and have had a great experience!

Whatever LZH wants to say go ahead but just remember he was a personal friend that has to prove himself and had nothing better to do then bash my company!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK Black Series Steering Wheel