CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Couple of questions from a newbie. Few minor upgrades...questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500, Ferrari 512TR, Lamborghini Diablo
Couple of questions from a newbie. Few minor upgrades...questions.

1. Can the AMG front fascia from a CLS500 AMG Sports edition fit directly on a non sports CLS500 body? It looks like it can be a direct fit. Also I take it the fog lights and grill is different too.

2. I was told by MB that if my car did not come with bluetooth from the factory that it would not be added on the car. Is this true? I hope not.

3 Ipod intergration...can this also be retrofitted on a CLS500 that didn't come with it? How simple is it to do this? Plug and play?

4. What's the best way to lower the car let's say 1"? If i do this do you think it would void my warranty? What kind of cost are we talking here?

Thanks all in advance.

Ps. What is up with the cheap faberic on the panels of the CLS500? It looks like it can get dirty real easy and also wear out fast if you rub up against it. Where my seat belt is, it looks like there is a little bit of wear from the seat belt hitting it. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by silvergts1998
1. Can the AMG front fascia from a CLS500 AMG Sports edition fit directly on a non sports CLS500 body? It looks like it can be a direct fit. Also I take it the fog lights and grill is different too.

2. I was told by MB that if my car did not come with bluetooth from the factory that it would not be added on the car. Is this true? I hope not.

3 Ipod intergration...can this also be retrofitted on a CLS500 that didn't come with it? How simple is it to do this? Plug and play?

4. What's the best way to lower the car let's say 1"? If i do this do you think it would void my warranty? What kind of cost are we talking here?

Thanks all in advance.

Ps. What is up with the cheap faberic on the panels of the CLS500? It looks like it can get dirty real easy and also wear out fast if you rub up against it. Where my seat belt is, it looks like there is a little bit of wear from the seat belt hitting it. Anyone else have this issue?
1. Note sure.
2. Yes there are aftermarket bluetooth modules. I'm not sure MB offers a bluetooth module that can be installed after the fact...but it is probably overpriced and the labor MB would charge would probably leave your yoohoo sore.
3. There is an ipod integration unit available from MB. Here is the thread w/ the part# (its on the box) when I sold mine. It'll work both in an E55 and CLS. I didn't get it from MB because they wanted about $350. I got mine from ebay and you could find one for around $175-$199.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....40&postcount=4

4. Get it lowered via Star Diagnostic program through MB or from a tuner that has one. You might have to slip some coinage to the SA or the tech to get this done in some dealerships, but it won't void the warranty.

Congrats and good luck...
Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
1. Note sure.
2. Yes there are aftermarket bluetooth modules. I'm not sure MB offers a bluetooth module that can be installed after the fact...but it is probably overpriced and the labor MB would charge would probably leave your yoohoo sore.
3. There is an ipod integration unit available from MB. Here is the thread w/ the part# (its on the box) when I sold mine. It'll work both in an E55 and CLS. I didn't get it from MB because they wanted about $350. I got mine from ebay and you could find one for around $175-$199.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....40&postcount=4

4. Get it lowered via Star Diagnostic program through MB or from a tuner that has one. You might have to slip some coinage to the SA or the tech to get this done in some dealerships, but it won't void the warranty.

Congrats and good luck...

Did you still want to sell your IPOD kit?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by silvergts1998
Did you still want to sell your IPOD kit?
Bro...it sold already...it took all of 2 minute from the time I posted it.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Bro...it sold already...it took all of 2 minute from the time I posted it.
LOL!...I'm such a newbie.

Ebay here I come!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C 250 (W205)
Sorry, posted in a wrong thread. Edited.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
The cheap, easy, and fast way to get Bluetooth is to plug into the aux in found in glove compartment and get $10 Bluetooth adapter.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz SL500
Sadly, I do not have a CLS anything, though I'm looking. However I do have an '07 CL600. I thought I was up the Bluetooth creek without a paddle, until I found "The Connector". In my car there was this (weird) connector in my glove box. It was an iPod interface that (apparently) MB installed in that generation of vehicles. I finally figured out it was for an iPod then proceeded to do some digging. I found a Bluetooth adapter that plugged into the iPod cable and am able to stream Pandora to my CL600. I only had to turn on Aux on the radio. The one I purchased appears to not be available currently, but I found this one that may work for you.

Amazon Amazon

Check your glove box or somewhere in or under your center console for the cable.

Good luck!

Mike