Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Amg gts
Help AMG GTS leak in boot

Hi all

i hope someone can help

i have started getting a lot of water into the boot of my gts, I’ve take all the plastic trim out and I’m suspecting that the middle drain under the spoiler has got a split in the pipe or is disconnected however I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get access to all the drain pipes seem to be behind the moulded boot metal

does anyone have any suggestions or experienced this in the past at all

thanks for your help
The following 2 users liked this post by Jameseuk:
iamnsxtc (06-10-2022), slantz_AMG_GTC (07-25-2022)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the GTS. There is a forum specific to your model, where you may get faster replies if you post the question there.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:49 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Welcome to MBworld!

Bob
Old 11-17-2019, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome picture of problem my help
Old 11-21-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG gts
Originally Posted by Jameseuk
Hi all

i hope someone can help

i have started getting a lot of water into the boot of my gts, I’ve take all the plastic trim out and I’m suspecting that the middle drain under the spoiler has got a split in the pipe or is disconnected however I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get access to all the drain pipes seem to be behind the moulded boot metal

thanks for your help
did you solve the problem?
if not send me your number and i will contact you through whatsapp to help
i had similar problem
Old 11-22-2019, 04:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Amg gts
hi thank you for the response.

i managed to take the boot insides apart and removed the spoiler ERC and indeed the rubber seals in the spoiler have deteriorated.

fortunately I managed to get Mercedes to replace it under warranty.

thanks again for coming back to me though much appreciated

Originally Posted by a7med606
did you solve the problem?
if not send me your number and i will contact you through whatsapp to help
i had similar problem
The following 2 users liked this post by Jameseuk:
chassis (11-22-2019), Surge (12-23-2020)
Old 11-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to GT forum...

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2020, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GTC
Hi! I had condensation issues inside the cockpit of my GTC. The main dealer said it might be air con, but it wasn't so they then said maybe it had been caused from damp carpets after valeting!! Which was a fair comment. So i took it home and put it back in my garage. A month or so later i left it parked outside for the first time in the rain. The car had filled with water from the boot to the foot wells!!! All the electrics are fried and the car is rendered useless at just over a year old with 3,000 miles on the clock. The garage spent 55 hrs stripping the car down to find the issue. A blocked drainage pipe ( apparently, as they won't give me any of the written reports outlining what has caused such a catastrophic failure to my car ). Customer services also don't want to talk to me and have said it isn't covered under warranty and the case is closed!! Disgusting! I also believe there is a problem with water ingress coming through the pop up fin in the boot, so get that checked out as well. GOOD LUCK. Miss Furia.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Furia
Hi! I had condensation issues inside the cockpit of my GTC. The main dealer said it might be air con, but it wasn't so they then said maybe it had been caused from damp carpets after valeting!! Which was a fair comment. So i took it home and put it back in my garage. A month or so later i left it parked outside for the first time in the rain. The car had filled with water from the boot to the foot wells!!! All the electrics are fried and the car is rendered useless at just over a year old with 3,000 miles on the clock. The garage spent 55 hrs stripping the car down to find the issue. A blocked drainage pipe ( apparently, as they won't give me any of the written reports outlining what has caused such a catastrophic failure to my car ). Customer services also don't want to talk to me and have said it isn't covered under warranty and the case is closed!! Disgusting! I also believe there is a problem with water ingress coming through the pop up fin in the boot, so get that checked out as well. GOOD LUCK. Miss Furia.
1: you need to find a solicitor ASAP;

2: your car insurance should total the car for you IF you cannot force MB UK to step up and admit the manufacturer was at fault. There is no way this should happen to a brand new car regardless of how long it was left out in the rain!
The following users liked this post:
Wolfman (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 11:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GTC
Exactly. I am still trying to get some common sence and appropriate customer service from Mercedes, this coming week. However, the stress this has caused and the time it is taking is dreadful. Miss Furia
Old 12-22-2020, 08:46 AM

Amg gt c
Exactly. I am still trying to get some common sence and appropriate customer service from Mercedes, this coming week. However, the stress this has caused and the time it is taking is dreadful. Miss Furia
Hi Miss Furia. Did you ever resolve your dilemma. A friend also bough the gt c and exactly the same issue. Drainage pipes apparently blocked and water ingress and severe elecrical faults. As you say, Mercedes will not cover under warranty and the insurance do not want to know. The vehicle has now been sat for nearly a year with no further resolution. Absolutely disgusting... Please get in touch to discuss. Paul Rodrigues.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
@Furia is neglecting to mention her(?) car is a convertible and it was parked outside while she was away. The roof could have opened remotely, possibly from someone with the key? Anyway, she refuses to accept this as a possibility, even though literally no one else has had their GT cabrio flooded!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drainage channels are the responsibility of the owner to check and keep clean.

My friend’s Porsche Boxster had blocked drainage channels and was only 1 year old. Water completely flooded the interior and did major damage. It was not covered under warranty by Porsche.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Surge
@Furia is neglecting to mention her(?) car is a convertible and it was parked outside while she was away. The roof could have opened remotely, possibly from someone with the key? Anyway, she refuses to accept this as a possibility, even though literally no one else has had their GT cabrio flooded!
Good ole Surge, always there to come into a thread to make up scenarios to lay blame on the owner.
The following users liked this post:
BucsFan (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Good ole Surge, always there to come into a thread to make up scenarios to lay blame on the owner.
Right, because it’s normal for the car to fill up with water. According to the lead AMG tech at my dealership, the only guy I trust to work on my cars, even a clogged drain channel would NOT do this on a GT. I asked him, to try to help out @Furia. So my comments are based on facts, and I try to call out BS when I see it.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:54 PM

gtc 2018
Originally Posted by Jameseuk
Hi all

i hope someone can help

thanks for your help
similar issue as it seems to be the trend. luckily mine is a lease. did anyone figure out the long term solution for this problem as it has already happened 3 x
Old 06-10-2022, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 876 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by apilip
similar issue as it seems to be the trend. luckily mine is a lease. did anyone figure out the long term solution for this problem as it has already happened 3 x
This might be a little help for you...post #10.

https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...ml#post8275051

All the Best,
Acta
Old 04-04-2024, 05:16 PM

2018 AMG GT
Did you ever hear figure this out? This same thing just happened to my GT Convertible