Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any better recommendations Than The Renntech EVM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 03:54 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by jcopello
Sold! Super helpful thank you very much, just ordered.

Did you install yours yourself or have a shop do it?
Did it myself - it's plug and play and takes less than 30 seconds. For the C63S, you just pull back the trunk lining and you'll see a white plug that controls the flaps. The ASR is designed to have the exact same plug so it's very easy to identify which one. Just unplug the stock wire and plug in the ASR and done.

Attached a PDF with pictures
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 02-10-2020, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,303 Likes on 2,049 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Wolfman, in 2017 you could order the ceramics and the Hi end Burmester, and full leather. You are correct in that they have limited those options in the current models.
It's crazy how they cut this down. MB really wants to have a big gap between the GT & GTC.

I am surprised on the CCB's. I looked through some of the DOG's I have and none show that option. Don't have a 2017 DOG though...
Old 02-10-2020, 07:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Lifted G500, GT-S, track Cooper S
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Great to hear, I ordered mine yesterday and am excitedly awaiting the package.
Did you order from Renntech or the ASR ,module? I've heard automotive passion won't ship to US period anymore.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
This is the ASR web listing: https://asr-component.de/27-mercedes

Feel free to email them with any product questions for your model Mercedes - remember, you need to have the Sport Exhaust w/Switchable exhaust flaps to take advantage of this "mod".

Keep the beat !
Old 02-10-2020, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by invictusmaneo
Did you order from Renntech or the ASR ,module? I've heard automotive passion won't ship to US period anymore.
RIP, when I ordered the automotive passion module the product was listed on their site under AMG GT, but now it's no longer there, and my invoice says E63.... This will be fun, considering it shipped today.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
As I recall the site it said for GTS and E63 so you should be find let us know
Old 02-10-2020, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by badbenzz
As I recall the site it said for GTS and E63 so you should be find let us know
I sent them an email for verification, so we will see what they say, since they have now removed it from the GT section, and the e63 section is completely gone, so I can't check the e63 listing either.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Corvette Z06
Interesting you have buy a special gadget to do this. My C7Z06 had fuse that I pulled out and kept the fly open all the time. I wish it was that simple in the GTs too.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
So, apparently ASR is now no longer shipping to the US strictly because Renntech threw a fit that they are charging half the price for the product. So it is the exact same product, and lol at Renntech.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:32 PM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
Thank god I got a place in Canada too as the geographical restriction is USA only
Old 02-11-2020, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Yeah, I don't think I have the right one incoming. After finding out about the Renntech nonsense, I absolutely will not buy it from them. So I either have to find a chap who can get it and send it to the US, or go with the competitor product.

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...-valve-control
The following users liked this post:
Omar J (03-12-2021)
Old 02-11-2020, 10:19 PM

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
2014 E550
Yeah, I don't think I have the right one incoming. After finding out about the Renntech nonsense, I absolutely will not buy it from them. So I either have to find a chap who can get it and send it to the US, or go with the competitor product.

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...-valve-control
my issue with that one is that you cannot have the valves open when you start the car since the button is defaults to off when you shut the car off.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by doulehr
my issue with that one is that you cannot have the valves open when you start the car since the button is defaults to off when you shut the car off.
You're right, cant find any way to do it without starting the car in auxiliary and then selecting s+ or race before actually starting it.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GTS
So, apparently ASR is now no longer shipping to the US strictly because Renntech threw a fit that they are charging half the price for the product. So it is the exact same product, and lol at Renntech.
I really hope that's not the case, sorry guys didn't know my thread would get their product banned from the US haha.

Shame on Renntech if that's true, I understand they probably have an exclusivity deal with them to have the rights to sell in the US, but they're not providing their customers any value by putting a sticker on it and charging double the price. It would be one thing if they were reselling Renntech tunes in EU for half the price and then shipping them to US based customers, but this seems pretty silly.
Orcbolg (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by MBgt2018
I think you may need the factory performance exhaust for the flaps and button but as others have said don't take my word for granted.
I have a base GT roadster but with the performance exhaust and button.
We took a look under the 2017 GT without the AMG Performance Exhaust option on a lift and the flaps are not there. The exhaust part numbers are different as well. What I can’t figure out is what is closing shortly after the louder cold start that significantly reduces the sound?
Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I really hope that's not the case, sorry guys didn't know my thread would get their product banned from the US haha.

Shame on Renntech if that's true, I understand they probably have an exclusivity deal with them to have the rights to sell in the US, but they're not providing their customers any value by putting a sticker on it and charging double the price. It would be one thing if they were reselling Renntech tunes in EU for half the price and then shipping them to US based customers, but this seems pretty silly.
Agreed. Double the price is absurd and crappy, and if that's their standard practice (look at the price of their tunes), it's even more reason for me to never give them a dollar.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Bending over customers on electric switches ( including lowering module) is a great way to lose respect/future sales.

I didn’t mind spending the extra dollars on the coil overs, as I understood there was a lot of research and development in getting that set up right for our car in terms of handling/ride balance. Even if they are Eibach sourced.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG GT
Someone earlier said in his corvette you could just pull a fuse to keep the valves open, as my 18 starts with them open I wonder if this is a possibility with the GT?
Old 02-12-2020, 01:58 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
GTC Roadster
Originally Posted by doulehr
I wanted to chime in since I did buy from renntech and have their tune and evm installed...their remote only needs to be used one time if you want to have the valves open all the time...it remembers the same setting when you have turned the car off and back on...nothing to do...and yes I am happy with the sound at startup and idle...this is where you will notice the difference most.
The following 2 users liked this post by tblountman:
BrandonSS (10-22-2022), Hell-GTR (12-14-2021)
Old 02-12-2020, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by MBgt2018
Someone earlier said in his corvette you could just pull a fuse to keep the valves open, as my 18 starts with them open I wonder if this is a possibility with the GT?
Not sure, I just wouldn't want to lose the ability to go comfort mode when needed.

But I think I found a way around the restriction anyways, so I'll test it out in the next few days.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Corvette Z06
Not sure, I just wouldn't want to lose the ability to go comfort mode when needed.

But I think I found a way around the restriction anyways, so I'll test it out in the next few days.

I said that, in my corvette I pulled the fuse out as I like that sound all the time. But there were a lot of remote controlled gadgets available for under $100 to plug it in that fuse location and control the toggle remotely.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by GTSEdition1
I said that, in my corvette I pulled the fuse out as I like that sound all the time. But there were a lot of remote controlled gadgets available for under $100 to plug it in that fuse location and control the toggle remotely.
I completely understand and I think figuring out something like that would be beneficial.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Xec

Renntech really is ridiculous

The EVM and ASR is the EXACT same product (take a look at the pictures)

Renntech thinks they can slap on their logo and charge double... gtfo hahaha

Sucks because just a couple months ago, ASR was still shipping direct to the US. I bet Canadian members can make a decent profit helping US members buy them straight from ASR
Orcbolg (02-12-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GTS
I received my exhaust controller from Automotive Performance today, there was no documentation in the box explaining how to install it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The other tutorial I saw above did not have one with the red/black wire and fuse, not sure where those are supposed to connect.

Last edited by jcopello; 03-08-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Xec

I received my exhaust controller from Automotive Performance today, there was no documentation in the box explaining how to install it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The other tutorial I saw above did not have one with the red/black wire and fuse, not sure where those are supposed to connect.
Found these instructions (in German) on the ASR website: https://asr-component.de/index.php?c..._attachment=30

Looks like installing in a GT is slightly different from the C and E, which are plug and play in the boot. Looks like it's showing you have to install in the driver footwell.

For my car it was literally:
1. Unplug factory cable
2. Plug in ASR module (which has the same-colored socket head) in the unplugged port
3. Done

Should be hopefully similar for the GT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.