Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB bluetec lawsuit in USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 Bluetec
I had the AEM done on my 2014 E250 Bluetec. Couple of hiccups, but completed on 25 Aug 2022. I sent off my claim the following day and had heard nothing since. I contacted Shelby at Hagens Bergman Sobol Shapiro yesterday (19 Oct). They were very helpful, got back to me right away confirming that the claim had been received and payment should be included in the October run, which would mean check posted out towards the end of Nov. We shall see....
Old 10-22-2022, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
k
Originally Posted by DUEWIP

I do not miss the drama of owning a Mercedes diesel at all.
I own 3 Blutetecs at present and when they are all high-mileage (127k-202k) they all run perfect.
I mean this is a vehicle.
This week I took my GLE to mountain cabin. The car sit for 6 weeks, but everything run fine going there. Than on following day
-the RF tire show low pressure. I inflated it when I got there, but following day
-the RR tire show low pressure. I inflated it but following day
-low coolant level message show in the morning. I reset the message and it did not come back till next morning, when it was followed by CEL.
No machinery will work without adding fuel and checking other things.
The tire pressure dropped due to morning freeze in the mountains.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 331 Likes on 264 Posts
'17 GLS450, '14 GLK250, Grandpa's Roadster
Originally Posted by kajtek1
The tire pressure dropped due to morning freeze in the mountains.
Likely that's why you got the low coolant warning, too.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
E350
Talked to the SA in my local DC-area MB dealer-plex. He says they continue to be slammed by a total lack of EGR valves.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 E350 Bluetec, 2014 GLK250, 2007 CLK350 convertible
Originally Posted by Jfxogara
Talked to the SA in my local DC-area MB dealer-plex. He says they continue to be slammed by a total lack of EGR valves.
Did they tell you where you are in line for the AEM?
Old 10-26-2022, 03:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 Mercedes ML350 Bluetec
Im a dealer and have a huge problem with 4 cars and probably more . After they did the EMC update, they don't want to call it a recall , all of my cars are falling Emission tests, and cannot be sold and registered like previously no issues no check engine or any issues. Here come the good part , they want me to pay $800 per car to fix to pay for DPF pressure or something sensor /s????? , $200 for diagnosis and all have P2353 Or P2354 code related to DPF sensors they are not covered .Never ever will deal with them after this is done. Buy back the garbage cars if you can not fix them into compliance .This nightmare of recall will obviously never end . I contacted Shelby we will see what the hell it will be on the end.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Mercedes E320 BlueTec P1
I see a pattern with the Mercedes dealers that may be occurring. When I took my 2011 E350 BT to the dealer for the AEM three weeks ago, it has a CEL on for an Ad Blue low pressure issue, code 20E823. I have my own icarsoft MB V3 diagnostic tool so I cleared the code several times before giving it to the dealer for the AEM but it always came back.. When I gave it to the dealer it was on. I get the car back last Friday and no CEL. I'm a happy camper but later that afternoon the CEL is back on. So the technician cleared it just the same way i did, not fixed it.
I talked to the service manager and took the car back to the dealer on Tuesday. I've been reading a lot of feedback about this identical thing happening with other MB customers where the dealer uses this tactic and attempts to charge $3k-$4k to fix what is part of the emissions issue. Also read that others did have this covered with the AEM with no issues. I am a glass-empty kind of guy when it comes to car dealerships. I should hear back from Mercedes this week. I'm hoping they will do the right thing.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by Benzman444
Im a dealer and have a huge problem with 4 cars and probably more . After they did the EMC update, they don't want to call it a recall , all of my cars are falling Emission tests, and cannot be sold and registered like previously no issues no check engine or any issues. Here come the good part , they want me to pay $800 per car to fix to pay for DPF pressure or something sensor /s????? , $200 for diagnosis and all have P2353 Or P2354 code related to DPF sensors they are not covered .Never ever will deal with them after this is done. Buy back the garbage cars if you can not fix them into compliance .This nightmare of recall will obviously never end . I contacted Shelby we will see what the hell it will be on the end.
Originally Posted by jessejames4
I see a pattern with the Mercedes dealers that may be occurring. When I took my 2011 E350 BT to the dealer for the AEM three weeks ago, it has a CEL on for an Ad Blue low pressure issue, code 20E823. I have my own icarsoft MB V3 diagnostic tool so I cleared the code several times before giving it to the dealer for the AEM but it always came back.. When I gave it to the dealer it was on. I get the car back last Friday and no CEL. I'm a happy camper but later that afternoon the CEL is back on. So the technician cleared it just the same way i did, not fixed it.
I talked to the service manager and took the car back to the dealer on Tuesday. I've been reading a lot of feedback about this identical thing happening with other MB customers where the dealer uses this tactic and attempts to charge $3k-$4k to fix what is part of the emissions issue. Also read that others did have this covered with the AEM with no issues. I am a glass-empty kind of guy when it comes to car dealerships. I should hear back from Mercedes this week. I'm hoping they will do the right thing.
Sorry, but neither of those things is covered by the AEM. The AEM replaces a few specific parts and covers a few more that may potentially suffer from a failure as a result of the AEM. What you two are asking for is no different than expecting the dealer fix a ripped seat or a broken window. You have precisely ZERO expectation that any car company will fix defects long after the vehicle is out of warranty.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:56 PM

My point is we took the cars in good working order with no check engines etc none, no issues what so ever. Now after the fix the cars are getting Check engines lights (what ever the reason I do not care , especially DPF related sensor , that is not listed on the warranty paper but DPF is listed .)
And now cars are not passing our states Emission test , whose fault is this ? Mine? I need to pay for this Bull **** to make it compliant ? after they caused the problem not me . Please don't come to me with the fix seat or broken Window , this is emission related and they should fix all of it .
The following users liked this post:
Warning RedFlag (01-21-2023)
Old 10-26-2022, 11:02 PM

As stated in Consent Decree Appendix A, para. 18, the Extended Modification Warranty “cover[s] the costs of all parts and labor needed to repair the items” on the parts list in para. 18(a).

Here is the warranty information from the Consent Decree:

C. WARRANTY

18. Extended Warranty for Modified Eligible Vehicles. Defendants shall provide an extended warranty (the “Extended Modification Warranty”) for each Eligible Vehicle receiving an Approved Emission Modification. Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of unexempted parts (as that term is described in 13 C.C.R. § 2038(h)), and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the Extended Modification Warranty shall cover the costs of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed below, as well as the cost or provision of a loaner vehicle for warranty service lasting longer than three hours where such a loaner vehicle is available. Defendants shall not impose on consumers any fees or charges, and shall pay any fees or charges imposed by Dealers related to the warranty service. Unless otherwise specified, the part shall be covered for all Eligible Vehicles that receive the Approved Emission Modification.

a. The Extended Modification Warranty shall cover the following parts:

i. DOC,

ii. DPF,

iii. SCR catalyst,

iv. DEF injector,

v. DEF injector controller,

vi. DEF supply module,

vii. DEF pump,

viii. Temperature sensor unit,

ix. Exhaust temperature sensor,

x. PM sensor,

xi. Lambda sensor for Emission Modification Categories 1–5,

xii. NOx sensors,

xiii. Fuel injectors,

xiv. Air intake throttle,

xv. EGR valve,

xvi. EGR duct,

xvii. EGR cooler (including bypass-control),

xviii. Intake manifold/charge air distributor,

xix. EGR temperature sensor,

xx. Turbocharger, including VGT actuator,

xxi. ECU hardware, where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification,

xxii. TCU hardware, where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification,

xxiii. HCU hardware, where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification,

xxiv. OBD System: the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the MIL, regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Modification Warranty, as well as the cost of troubleshooting to determine the reason for the malfunction, but only if the malfunction is determined to be attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Modification Warranty,

xxv. Cylinder head assembly components: camshaft, valves, springs, valve spring keepers, valve seats, cam bearing caps, and manifold studs,

xxvi. Engine timing chain,

xxvii. Intake manifold pressure sensor,

xxviii. Instrument cluster hardware, where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification, and

xxix. Coolant thermostat, where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification.

j. Buyback and Lease Termination Remedies. In addition to any protections provided by applicable law, Defendants must provide a Buyback or Lease Termination to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives an Approved Emission Modification in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) following the completion of the Approved Emission Modification (the “Remedy Period”), Defendants fail to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Modification Warranty and associated with the Approved Emission Modification (a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible Vehicle to a Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service visits to the same Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-of-*service due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of 30 days during the Remedy Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible Vehicle to the customer while the Dealer awaits necessary parts and such vehicle remains Operable.

“Buyback,” for purposes of Appendix A, Paragraph 18.j only, means the return of an Eligible Vehicle by an Eligible Owner to Defendants, in exchange for a payment that equals or exceeds the National Automobile Dealers Association (“NADA”) Clean Retail value of the Eligible Vehicle (adjusted for options, mileage, and NADA region in accordance with the then-current NADA guide) as of January 1, 2020.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
My point is we took the cars in good working order with no check engines etc none, no issues what so ever. Now after the fix the cars are getting Check engines lights (what ever the reason I do not care , especially DPF related sensor , that is not listed on the warranty paper but DPF is listed .)
And now cars are not passing our states Emission test , whose fault is this ? Mine? I need to pay for this Bull **** to make it compliant ? after they caused the problem not me . Please don't come to me with the fix seat or broken Window , this is emission related and they should fix all of it .
Whether they pass emissions or not is completely irrelevant, just like whether they pass a MOT inspection is irrelevant. You have presented zero evidence that the AEM caused a problem (hint - it does not). The non-compliance is caused by a defect that is not covered as part of the AEM. You're beating a dead horse here.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:15 PM

Whether they pass emissions or not is completely irrelevant, just like whether they pass a MOT inspection is irrelevant. You have presented zero evidence that the AEM caused a problem (hint - it does not). The non-compliance is caused by a defect that is not covered as part of the AEM. You're beating a dead horse here.

HEhheheheheheheeh what an expert you are I can see . Get a life , you must me working for Mercedes Benz it surly seem like that we should call you Agent Benz .
The following users liked this post:
Warning RedFlag (01-21-2023)
Old 10-26-2022, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HEhheheheheheheeh what an expert you are I can see . Get a life , you must me working for Mercedes Benz it surly seem like that we should call you Agent Benz .
Ouch - I guess that struck a nerve. Gotta love it when people switch to ad-hominem attacks when they can no longer present an intelligent argument to support their position.

No, I most certainly do not work for Mercedes and I am not an expert, although I can definitely see why it appears that way from your standpoint. You, on the other hand, are are a used car salesman... now that certainly speaks for itself as does your comment above.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:45 PM

O pardon me I just realized you are from Canada , that explains a lot hehehehe .
Old 10-27-2022, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

O pardon me I just realized you are from Canada , that explains a lot hehehehe .
What does that have to do with anything? You're still wrong regardless of where I am from and where you are from. Grow the f__ up.

It may explain a few things, but I'm not holding that against you. It just means I have to keep my guns in Florida.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:43 PM

Yea we know eeeeee canadian eeeeeeee all good man.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:47 PM

I turn out the on the 2010-2013 E 350 or E class DPF pressure sensor Part number is 6429050100 for which is $20 bucks on ebay , they want to charge over $800, it should be under warranty but it is not listed so guys head-up if you have code P2454 DPF pressure sensor , get it on ebay for about 20 bucks It takes 20 min to change , maybe few hr if you from Canada.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:40 AM

E350
I turn out the on the 2010-2013 E 350 or E class DPF pressure sensor Part number is 6429050100 for which is $20 bucks on ebay , they want to charge over $800, it should be under warranty but it is not listed so guys head-up if you have code P2454 DPF pressure sensor , get it on ebay for about 20 bucks It takes 20 min to change , maybe few hr if you from Canada.
Not 100 percent certain, but I think the intake differential pressure sensor is not the same as the one that mounts on the DPF. From my experience with BMWs, the DPF diff sensor is quite expensive.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
$42 - I consider it cheap
2009-2011 BMW 335d Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor - Facet 10.3306 - - PartsGeek.com
Old 10-31-2022, 11:25 AM

E350
Yeah look at that. Go figure.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You should totally buy that $20 sensor and change it in 20 minutes. Us Canadians that take a few hours and use a different part would love for a used car salesman to show us how it's done. It would be even better if you can fix it with some spit and duct tape... that ought to cost only $2.

Old 11-01-2022, 05:42 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
Originally Posted by Diabolis
You should totally buy that $20 sensor and change it in 20 minutes. Us Canadians that take a few hours and use a different part would love for a used car salesman to show us how it's done. It would be even better if you can fix it with some spit and duct tape... that ought to cost only $2.
do you work for a car dealer or are you a mechanic? just wondering. Or, just in the auto business in general?
Old 11-02-2022, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mellonc
do you work for a car dealer or are you a mechanic? just wondering. Or, just in the auto business in general?
Neither, although I've been involved in the automotive industry and Mercedes in particular for the last twenty years. I'm just a lowly engineer, analyst and consultant - in other words, I mostly get to read in excruciating detail and analyze the data about what other people - i.e. professional mechanics and dealerships - are seeing in the field. In other words, the role I perform is somewhat similar to, say, what the forensic NTSB guys do that get sent out to investigate and determine what happened to cause an aircraft to crash (perish the thought). In the process I've made a few good friends among the top technical and executive people at Daimler AG and Mercedes Canada, including the very person that was in charge of implementing and testing the AEM fixes for the Bluetecs in Canada. I have some interest in a couple of independent shops, but again, I personally do not work there on a full-time basis.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 E350 BlueTEC
Originally Posted by MPMBE250
I had the AEM done on my 2014 E250 Bluetec. Couple of hiccups, but completed on 25 Aug 2022. I sent off my claim the following day and had heard nothing since. I contacted Shelby at Hagens Bergman Sobol Shapiro yesterday (19 Oct). They were very helpful, got back to me right away confirming that the claim had been received and payment should be included in the October run, which would mean check posted out towards the end of Nov. We shall see....
I just submitted my claim, it took them 3 weeks including a fix on the DPF sensor that threw a code after the AEM. I’m extremely happy they didn’t charge me for the DPF sensor after reading here that some poor guy got billed for that. So I read here that you submitted your claim in August and are expecting payment end of November? Ooof, sounds like maybe I get my payment in less than the original year it was taking at some point? Fingers crossed.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:41 PM
wae

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2012 GL350
Originally Posted by DesignerinDFW
I just submitted my claim, it took them 3 weeks including a fix on the DPF sensor that threw a code after the AEM. I’m extremely happy they didn’t charge me for the DPF sensor after reading here that some poor guy got billed for that. So I read here that you submitted your claim in August and are expecting payment end of November? Ooof, sounds like maybe I get my payment in less than the original year it was taking at some point? Fingers crossed.
Tell me more about your DPF error. I had the AEM finished the last week of Sept, and a few days ago it went in to limp mode throwing some DPF and DPF sensor codes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB bluetec lawsuit in USA