Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 Platinum Blue/Ash, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg
W211 being chased by Z4 3.0i Video

Click here to see Video

This is a W211 E320, AirMatic being chased by a BMW Z4 3.0i 6 speed. Sorry for some of the music but the camera was outside the Z4 in the air. So all the mic picked up was rushing air. Hope all enjoy. There will be many more to come. Also sorry for some of the provocative context and foul language.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by barw211e320
Click here to see Video

This is a W211 E320, AirMatic being chased by a BMW Z4 3.0i 6 speed. Sorry for some of the music but the camera was outside the Z4 in the air. So all the mic picked up was rushing air. Hope all enjoy. There will be many more to come. Also sorry for some of the provocative context and foul language.

I see the beginnings of yet another "Reality TV" show.

Pretty good driving dude..
Old 09-10-2005, 02:12 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
You didn't ask for comments on the wisdom of racing on public roads with oncoming traffic at night and so I won't give you any. If nothing else, the video proves the utility of active headlights, if you're going to do that sort of thing. Better to light up the road like the Benz than the bushes like the Z4.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by DWP
You didn't ask for comments on the wisdom of racing on public roads with oncoming traffic at night and so I won't give you any. If nothing else, the video proves the utility of active headlights, if you're going to do that sort of thing. Better to light up the road like the Benz than the bushes like the Z4.
go crawl back under your rock. no one's life was ever in danger because of us. we have been doing this for longer than you might imagine...
Old 09-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Easy to say until you hit a car load of children.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:35 PM

S55L AMG
just like walking across the road blindfold...... it is safe because you aint been run over yet?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CE750
I see the beginnings of yet another "Reality TV" show.

Pretty good driving dude..
Thanks. Who knows, a W211 related reality show would be way cool.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by guitarplayer
To be totally truthful you are correct. That is a possibility. However I am still young and have not hit a car load of children. I still will continue my venue until something catastrophic happens which will cause me to think otherwise. However I very much enjoy hitting small animals. Especially cats. They make a unique squealy crunchy sound I wish all could experience.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:27 PM

S55L AMG
yeah, thats true, I agree about the cats, and pheasants, chickens etc (the pea**** was very spectacular)
Old 09-10-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
barw211e320....Are you retarded?

I know; its a rhetorical question.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
To be totally truthful you are correct. That is a possibility. However I am still young and have not hit a car load of children. I still will continue my venue until something catastrophic happens which will cause me to think otherwise. However I very much enjoy hitting small animals. Especially cats. They make a unique squealy crunchy sound I wish all could experience.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:01 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
go crawl back under your rock. no one's life was ever in danger because of us. we have been doing this for longer than you might imagine...
There was oncoming traffic and you were all over the road. Think about it a little bit. You're out there after midnight, right? Who do you suppose is on the road with you after midnight? Try -

- Drunks
- Shift workers on the way home and falling-asleep tired
- People doing the same thing you are from the opposite direction.

Yeah, I know. You've got it all figured out and your ability to nullify the laws of man and physics guarantees that nothing bad will ever happen. Besides, you're immortal, right? I suffered from the same delusions during my extended adolescence and somehow survived, and with any luck, you will survive yours. If not, see you in the papers.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by guitarplayer
Well, no one wants to kill anyone. When you wake up in the morning and get in your car to go to work, you are taking your life in your hands. Drunks, red light runners, illegal aliens, etc.

Going out in the mountains once and while, late at night, is not something to get in a twist over. These roads are nearly void of traffic, the likelihood of loosing control and careening into some random oncoming car is rather low. It is a possibility, but not a high one. Most of the traffic is other people going fast anyway, not van loads of innocent children. There are no homes up there either, only ranches mostly.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by DWP
There was oncoming traffic and you were all over the road. Think about it a little bit. You're out there after midnight, right? Who do you suppose is on the road with you after midnight? Try -

- Drunks
OK, no one can have any fun anymore. I am waiting for the when I was your age speech. Oh wait, I think its coming. Here it is:

Originally Posted by DWP
Yeah, I know. You've got it all figured out and your ability to nullify the laws of man and physics guarantees that nothing bad will ever happen. Besides, you're immortal, right? I suffered from the same delusions during my extended adolescence and somehow survived, and with any luck, you will survive yours. If not, see you in the papers.
Thank you for being predictable! You cannot please all of the people all of the time. When you go to a race track you take your life in your hands as well. I guess, according to you, you should not do that either because the laws of physics dictate that you will drive into a wall.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Funny i was out in the canyons last night.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by cdiken
I know; its a rhetorical question.
Can't you tell from my driving if I am or am not? I would say I am more of a savant than a retarded person. Whether the question is a rhetorical one is all a matter of how the reader interprets it. I interpreted it as one that requires a response. Therefore I responded. All in good fun.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is a good pint that DWP and others are making about being careful. It may not even be you that's driving wrong... someone else may go a bit into your lane... but due to your speed you may have a tough time recovering. I still think the driving was good.. but no one is so good as to never make a mistake.

So just be careful and "don't get ****y kid" as Han Solo said..
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by DWP

- Drunks

I will say I succesfully maintained my lane with very few exceptions, all of which were conrtolled situations. I agree with what you are saying about the types of people are out after midnight. That being said it is assumed that when driving anytime at any speed you must assume that the others with whom you share the road with will be the hazard as opposed to your immediate self. So this I understand and should another motorist cause a catastrophe while I am driving the Mercedes with swift intention, I can only have myself to thank.

I for one would like to say that I do not have it all figured out, and have zero ability to nullify physics. I will agree that most of our antics are in fact delusionary and are an extention of adolescence. That being said I know this and make it a point to moderate the speed and velocity of the vehicle by not drifting multiple lanes, not leaving my lane, and properly maintaining my physical and vehicular health as not to cause any more stress to an already stressful situation.

If you should see me in the papers, it will be due to saving the life of a drunk I found who crashed off the canyon road late late at night that no one would have seen had it not been for my canyon driving and keen eyes.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CE750
It is a good pint that DWP and others are making about being careful. It may not even be you that's driving wrong... someone else may go a bit into your lane... but due to your speed you may have a tough time recovering. I still think the driving was good.. but no one is so good as to never make a mistake.

So just be careful and "don't get ****y kid" as Han Solo said..
Understood. So when can we film the CDI canyons? I'll buy the gas if you supply a good set of rubber!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Funny i was out in the canyons last night.
Cool, come on down. We could use another W211. If we got an E55, E500, E320, E320 CDI, and maybe a few 4Matics that would be cool too. Also, and SLK 350 to chase the Z4. Or an SLK 280.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Understood. So when can we film the CDI canyons? I'll buy the gas if you supply a good set of rubber!
400+ ft/lbs of torque will kill you on that road!

Seriously... If it were a closed road... and day time, I'd enjoy a drive like that.. but you have to be careful.. in retrospect that was a pretty dangerous drive (with the road being open and it being night)
Old 09-10-2005, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Cool, come on down. We could use another W211. If we got an E55, E500, E320, E320 CDI, and maybe a few 4Matics that would be cool too. Also, and SLK 350 to chase the Z4. Or an SLK 280.
I wish my brother still had his Z3, I should invite my friend down with his M3 E36.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I drove home from the airport last night (or earlier today) at 1am on a road very similar to the one on your video and was on the lookout for clowns just like yourselves. You are very lucky. You can't attempt track-like turns on a public road and doing it at night just increases your risk of a head on slam or dumping your car off the road. I will admit that I got that stuff out of my system when I was 17 years old driving an '84 VW Rabbit GTI. But that was 20 years ago. You're lucky enough to drive an expensive car. Grow up and enjoy it.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by PUZZ1
I drove home from the airport last night (or earlier today) at 1am on a road very similar to the one on your video and was on the lookout for clowns just like yourselves. You are very lucky. You can't attempt track-like turns on a public road and doing it at night just increases your risk of a head on slam or dumping your car off the road. I will admit that I got that stuff out of my system when I was 17 years old driving an '84 VW Rabbit GTI. But that was 20 years ago. You're lucky enough to drive an expensive car. Grow up and enjoy it.
Night is actually a safer time to drive fast than during the day. For one, you can see oncoming headlights so you can reduce your speed. There is also FAR LESS traffic at night than during the day. If I ditch my car off the road, that does not endanger other motorists. So in conclusion, the facts speak for themselves.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by PUZZ1
Do you uderstand what headlights are? Typically you can see them. So, you took a two lane mountain road in the middle of nowhere home from the airport?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W211 being chased by Z4 3.0i Video