E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

"Puck with tail" initial impressions.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2008 E350 with the same issue, i returned the the puck and got another one and Bamm! problem solved. i hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:45 PM

04 S430 and 07 E350
we just installed the b67875855 yesterday in our 04 s430. The parts guy knew all about it and had documentation on how to install it. Which is good because when I scheduled the appointment with the service advisor he kept argueing that it wasn't possible without the cradle. Very frustrating until the Part guy got involved and showed the documentation and part and explained (just as I did) to the service advisor how it works. some SAs are great and others are just plain terrible. We fired our dumb/arrogant SA and got a new one. lol.

Anyway, its installed and works great! By the way, we also have the upgraded TeleAid system from analog to digitial (had that done a few months prior) and it still works with the bluetooth puck.

My question is, how many phones can we pair with the "puck with tail"? It seems as though it can handle just one because after I paired a 2nd phone the 1st one was not recognized again until we re-paired it... and yes, the 2nd phones bluetooth was turned off at the time. One phone pairing still makes this an awesome feature. I am very pleased with it.

Last edited by ygohome; 10-16-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by gmarantos
I am brand new to the forum and I thank God that I found out about this.
I am in San Diego, CA and the San Diego Mercedes benz Dealer and the Sales and the Parts dept and the Service advisor all give me the run around. I have asked for the part and they say it doesnt exist and I ask to get the version coding upgrade info and they say they cant do it.
I found the Puck on ebay for 375.00 and I found out that it is the same as the BMW one if you buy the cable seperate.
I have a 2004 e320 with no cradle preinstalled and I have the analog teleaid as well. If I buy this from ebay or whoever and install it myself then all I have to do is take it to the dealer and have them turn on the teleaid phone function and the version coding, correct?
I cant understand why someone has not filed a complaint against the Mercedes benz dealers for being in colusion on this. They all say it is a 3000.00 upgrade.
Any other help on this would be great.
Thanks for this great forum........
I'm from San Diego as well and I'm asking you: Are you going to the Penske Mercedes-Benz of San Diego dealer? If so, stay away, they just don't know ****. It wouldn't wonder me if they can't even write their name right without making a typo... I never got more treated like **** and as I wouldn't know anything whatsoever. I could already write a book about those guys, including the SA manager. Moron raised to the power of indefinitely and in addition to that: Horrible expensive with 135 bucks an hour. Every time you ask for a small favor, oh we can try but that would cost about 2 hours of labor. I'm just done with those people who use my cases to do trial and error training sessions on me!

SA tried to sell me a new center speaker because of distortion. I even gave him the Service Bulletin to fix it and the speaker was in perfect working conditions, but that's just an indicator how good they work!

I went to Hoehn in Carlsbad and they are not a big corporation behind but family owned ever since. They treat you way better and are only 120 Dollars an hour. Plus if they try something on your car what you wish to have done but didn't work they just don't charge you. That happened twice already to me so I can encourage you to try them out!

Last edited by Mackhack; 10-17-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NitroShredder
[...]Install took about 10 minutes (less actually, but I was having a fit putting the false floor back the way it should be =)
I had the same issue. It's tricky to get those 2 plastic clips back into those to slots.

Originally Posted by NitroShredder
[...] Anyways, I'm told retail on this unit from the dealers will be in the neighborhood of $388 and should be available very soon.
But now I got a question for you guys. With the BT Replacer comes a little plastic piece and 2 screws. But I just can't figure out for what that plastic chip is good for (see attached pix)

Please advise!

Thank you!

For everyone who is using the DTB "VOICE ACTIVATED CELLULAR TELEPHONE INSTALLATION" which is referred to many times on this forum to install the BT Replacer:

Don't disconnect the Tele Aid power cord connector described on page 5, Figure 10, description text 7. This is unnecessary and the plug is not willing to just come out of the connector plus it's wasting of time.

Don't separate and remove the false floor from the base plate as described on page 5, Figure 10, description text 8.
1) This step is unnecessary because we don't have to wire up all the cables described in this pdf
2) It is really hard to put the base plate back onto the false floor because the two thicker cables which are in the back of the console are so short you have barely enough play to get them back together. It took me almost 15 minutes to get it back just to realize that this was totally unnecessary.

Don't drill the 2 holes described on page 5, figure 10, description text 9. Those holes are unnecessary because they don't match the BT Replacer holes on the back side of the puck. Thanks god my battery powered drill died right after the first spin and I checked if I really need those 2 holes.

Do break out the little semi-punched notch of the false floor described on page 5, figure 11, description text 10. I did this with a little needle-nosed pliers. Move it back and forth twice or so and it comes right out without any problems. The rest of the paper except page 10 and 11 for version coding is unnecessary for the BT Replacer installation process.

For the Record: My Samsung Blackjack (SGH0607i - the older one) paired with the Puck against all the websites with lists of compatible cell phones!
Attached Thumbnails "Puck with tail" initial impressions.....-b6787585.jpg  

Last edited by Mackhack; 11-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mspaul
Ok, MB San Francisco quoted me $539 for part# B67875855.

Is this accurate? Has the price for this part increased?
If you haven't bought it, PM me and I can help you out!

Last edited by Mackhack; 11-10-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Banned

Nobody there to help out here?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mackhack
But now I got a question for you guys. With the BT Replacer comes a little plastic piece and 2 screws. But I just can't figure out for what that plastic chip is good for (see attached pix)

Please advise!

Thank you!
How did you guys with the BT Replacer mounted yours inside the console? Sticky Pad? Those 2 little screws?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM

'13 E550 W4
People cant hear me...

I have the Bluetooth puck installed by the dealer in the center armrest console and everyone has trouble hearing me, and they also say I sound like I'm under water when Im talking. I can hear the other person talking just fine. I took it back to the dealer awhile back and they said everything works fine. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 PM

E320S4
Sounds like this problem:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...e-quality.html

Originally Posted by Scambo
I have the Bluetooth puck installed by the dealer in the center armrest console and everyone has trouble hearing me, and they also say I sound like I'm under water when Im talking. I can hear the other person talking just fine. I took it back to the dealer awhile back and they said everything works fine. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL, E500
BlackBerry STORM paired and working great!

Mark down another success for the little puck with tail. Got it online for $350, installed it myself. Went to my Service Advisor at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago and gave him a printout of the PDF Version Coding instructions. Twenty minutes later and FREE OF CHARGE, Bluetooth is fully functional (downloaded contacts, auto mute of speakers when dialing or receiving calls, full control through steering wheel).

THANKS to everyone that posted similar success stories, it convinced me to try it out myself and saved me a LOT of money.
Attached Thumbnails "Puck with tail" initial impressions.....-img00072-20090128-1517.jpg   "Puck with tail" initial impressions.....-img00071-20090128-1517.jpg  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Banned

Question is why did your Euro Comand downloaded your phone book from the phone and mine didn't?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
update - during conversation, when volume is at max, i hear noise in the background... does anyone else have same issues?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:07 PM

560SL, E500
Question is why did your Euro Comand downloaded your phone book from the phone and mine didn't?
At first it didn't, so I deleted the "MB Phone System" device from the Bluetooth Set Up on my STORM, and then went through the initial set up again.

After pairing the two a second time, I did the following:

1) Pressed Puck LED Button briefly for it to flash faster and enter Discovery Mode. This is the same process used to update any changes made to the telephone's address book. It's listed under NOTES on page 6 of the Installation Instructions that come with the Puck

2) Pressed TRANSFER CONTACTS on the BlackbBerry Storm

After several minutes the process stopped and my Contacts were loaded.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Hi there,

thank you for the info. I'm wondering where that send contacts would be in the Samsung Blackjack. I can't find anything like that besides sending contacts one by one.

But I will try it once back home with one entry. If it works, I guess I have to repeat it roughly 3xx times.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM

560SL, E500
Hi there,

thank you for the info. I'm wondering where that send contacts would be in the Samsung Blackjack. I can't find anything like that besides sending contacts one by one.

But I will try it once back home with one entry. If it works, I guess I have to repeat it roughly 3xx times.
You're very welcome Mackhack. If that doesn't work, see if you can turn Encryption to DISABLED before you attempt the download. This appears under Device Properties for the MB Phone System on my STORM. You can then turn Enabled back on after the download is complete. Hope it works. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Last edited by Chicago_Buckeye; 01-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

I will... and enjoy the BT feature... I love it!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM

2006 E500 AMG PKG/2010 Camaro SS/RS - 2007 F-150 - 2007 Suburban
Puck with the tail will not discover

Anyone know why my new Puck with the tail will not go into discovery mode? I get the slow flashing blue light, then when I press the button for a few seconds, nothing, it still remains flashing slowly and will not enter discovery mode. I still have the Parrot system installed int he car - you dont think that could be interferring?

Thanks
Steve
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

How long did you keep the button pushed down? 5 to 10 seconds takes it at my puck! Then it starts flashing rapidly.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:27 PM

04 E320 4matic
l looked through all 4 pages of this post, can someone give the link to the PDF that has the version coding and tele-aid instructions that has to be done at the dealer?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned

it is in the C-TEL menu. Phone has to be set to "PRESENT"
Old 03-23-2009, 04:23 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by sgtjcm
l looked through all 4 pages of this post, can someone give the link to the PDF that has the version coding and tele-aid instructions that has to be done at the dealer?

Thanks
How hard did you look......j/k. Its in post No. 129

https://mbworld.org/forums/2856910-post129.html
Old 03-23-2009, 05:09 PM

04 E320 4matic
My bad, I didn't read all the way to the end of the document

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 PM

560SL, E500
Originally Posted by sgtjcm
My bad, I didn't read all the way to the end of the document

Thanks
PM me with your email and I'll be glad to forward to you.

Remember you need ONLY pages 10 and 11 for the Version Coding.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM

2004 E500
This sounds familiar. '04 E500, no phone installed. I buy the puck with tail on Ebay ($250.00). Installation is supersimple (thanks other members). As stated prior, do NOT remove the clicked on false floor, as soon as you get the bottom cover of the upper tray off, you can access the connector.
I go with the instructions (page 10/11) to my local MB dealer (Alex Rodriguez LaPorte TX). Pick the car up, it doesn't work! Big story from the service manager and their electronic guru tech. "People just "think" they can get this piece out of the box and then all of a sudden, they have bluetooth!" Can't happen according to them, I need a new Audio Gateway, about $2,000.00. The service bulletin had disappeared from my car. Pleading didn't help. I have printed the pages again and I'll make another attempt shortly. I'll keep you posted
Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Robbie3015
This sounds familiar. '04 E500, no phone installed. I buy the puck with tail on Ebay ($250.00). Installation is supersimple (thanks other members). As stated prior, do NOT remove the clicked on false floor, as soon as you get the bottom cover of the upper tray off, you can access the connector.
I go with the instructions (page 10/11) to my local MB dealer (Alex Rodriguez LaPorte TX). Pick the car up, it doesn't work! Big story from the service manager and their electronic guru tech. "People just "think" they can get this piece out of the box and then all of a sudden, they have bluetooth!" Can't happen according to them, I need a new Audio Gateway, about $2,000.00. The service bulletin had disappeared from my car. Pleading didn't help. I have printed the pages again and I'll make another attempt shortly. I'll keep you posted
Just get it version coded and you HAVE bluetooth. It's that simple! Tell them how simple it is IF they know what THEY are doing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: "Puck with tail" initial impressions.....