E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

My Mods w/ Pics Now/later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Sport
My Mods w/ Pics Now/later

I am fairly new to the site. Spent a lot of time reading, bunch of knowledgeable owners/enthusiast and I have truly benefited... Thank you

So, I am pleased to display a few mods that I have done or currently in the process of doing. First, the most important mod of them all, the side markers...J/k Rims and tires... I purchased a set of Niche M137 19" 8.5/9.5 with ET34 front and ET48 Back wrapping with 245/35/19 275/30ZR-19 Continental ExtremeContact DW. Initially, I was going to powder coat the rims white and paint the spokes black and I still may do that. However, since I ordered them in machine finish black, I decided to paint the spokes white.. Looking for some thoughts on this. Here are some pics

The tires are expected to arrive tomorrow and I promise to post pics once mounted. I am going to start a new post within this thread to note the other mods

Thank you and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-car.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-s1540001.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-rims-painting-1-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-rims-painting-3-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-wheels-painted.jpg  

Old 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Additional mods
The first mod was tinting the windows. Did 20% all the way around with 80% on the windshield. Also added a Diamond amp and (1) 12" Diamond sub to add a little extra bass

I replaced the side markers with a set I found on ebay
smoked hockey stick side markers. Pics attached

Also installed the speedbooster and posted my thoughts here
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ooster-11.html

Replacing the grille and removing the emblem for the flat badge.
still thinking of painting the OEM grille flat black . Not sure yet. Any thoughts?

The rear spoiler which I will add later today and post pics
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...psd9e586a0.jpg

Picked up a set of leather mats to replace the stock.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps65c1f284.jpg

thanks and will post pics as installed. Appreciate any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-grille.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-sidemarker-left.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-sidemarker-right.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-sm-night-1-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-sm-night-2-.jpg  

My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-badge.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 PM

2010 E350 Sport
No love for me around here... lol
anyways.. pic of the spoiler installed
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-spoiler-1-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-spoiler-2-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-spoiler-3-.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:19 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Looks good brother, I like all the mods except for the star grill. I think a black grill with no star would look great or even a white surround with black slats since your going with the black and white theme. Either way, nice ride..
Old 12-02-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
How about a rear window spoiler? Nice mods btw.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Looks good brother, I like all the mods except for the star grill. I think a black grill with no star would look great or even a white surround with black slats since your going with the black and white theme. Either way, nice ride..
Thank you. I was thinking that about the grill. Your suggestion.. Outer frame white with the slates black?

Originally Posted by stale-bread
How about a rear window spoiler? Nice mods btw.
Wasn't sure about the rear window spoiler. Was thinking of doing the roof in black vinyl and then adding the rear spoiler but I'm having a hard time picturing it even thou I have seen several pics.

What you guys think of the rims? As is or white with black spokes?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM

2010 E350 Sport
UPS running late, tires arrived. Waiting on one TPMS which should be here tomorrow so hopefully mounted by Thursday.
Continental ExtremeContact DW
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-tires-1-.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-tires-2-.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 11:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
Vinyl gloss black roof is the way to go! I love the panoramic roof look on the white w212s.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Looks good so far. Are you planning on removing the chrome door trim? Any color other than white and it would already be off mine, but with chrome wheels, the chrome trim on the door handles and below the windows, I'm not so sure.

Where did you get the spoiler?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by alanme123
Vinyl gloss black roof is the way to go! I love the panoramic roof look on the white w212s.

If I do this, it would definitely be vinyl gloss black.

Originally Posted by Cao Black
Looks good so far. Are you planning on removing the chrome door trim? Any color other than white and it would already be off mine, but with chrome wheels, the chrome trim on the door handles and below the windows, I'm not so sure.

Where did you get the spoiler?

regarding the chrome trim, Im not sure just yet. I will decide once I get the rims/tires and grill situated. I picked up the spoiler from ebay. Thank you
Old 12-03-2013, 01:46 AM
D&G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E550
Looking good. Any plans in lowering the E.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by alanme123
I second this. After having 4 Es in a row all with Pano roofs, I chose 2014 without it (due to FL's strong sun), but had dealer to wrap roof in gloss black vinyl prior to delivery. IMO, the best of both worlds - Pano look on a white car without additional heat exposure of an all glass roof with that joke of a mesh MB started using from 2010 on (instead of a thick fabric/cardboard prior to 2010) .
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 AM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by D&G
Looking good. Any plans in lowering the E.
Trying to keep the ride quality as is which is why I went for 19s
With that said, who knows but for now I'm gonna keep the height stock until I get sick of the gap lol

Originally Posted by threeMBs
I second this. After having 4 Es in a row all with Pano roofs, I chose 2014 without it (due to FL's strong sun), but had dealer to wrap roof in gloss black vinyl prior to delivery. IMO, the best of both worlds - Pano look on a white car without additional heat exposure of an all glass roof with that joke of a mesh MB started using from 2010 on (instead of a thick fabric/cardboard prior to 2010) .
I viewed a few more cars with it and I continue to like the look. I may cut a black garbage bag n tape it to the roof. That should give me a pretty good visual.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by dmighty
I may cut a black garbage bag n tape it to the roof. That should give me a pretty good visual.
Not sure how useful that will be.

Best is to visit your local dealer to look at the real thing.

This is just one example:
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-1.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-2.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-3.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-4.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM

A keyboard
Hey DMIGHTY, you made it to the front page... we're curious to see how the car winds up... check out the story here.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Car looks good DMighty. I like the side markers on your car, they look good. Did you install the flat badge in the end for the hood?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
looks great, modding these cars can be a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing the wheels installed

enjoy the car and the forums
Old 12-03-2013, 05:57 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by threeMBs
Not sure how useful that will be.
Best is to visit your local dealer to look at the real thing.
This is just one example:
Thanks for the example but really hard to tell. however, see below...

Originally Posted by Yoav G
Hey DMIGHTY, you made it to the front page... we're curious to see how the car winds up... check out the story here.
SWEET!! not sure what I did to deserve that but THANK YOU!!

Originally Posted by C230Brit
Car looks good DMighty. I like the side markers on your car, they look good. Did you install the flat badge in the end for the hood?
I haven't don't that as of yet... See more below

Originally Posted by hyperion667
looks great, modding these cars can be a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing the wheels installed
enjoy the car and the forums
isn't that the truth. I have a 300C and I have done more than my share of modding on that car. I'm trying to contain myself, but its soooooooo damn hard.

(this is going to be long, Sorry)
A few weeks ago while headed to the golf course I came across a Sweet Looking acura. We got off the same exit, pulled up next to him and started chatting. His car was wrapped and it looked SWEET!! He owned a shop and I just returned from it... Bottom line, I am wrapping my car, left the deposit today and will be dropping it off Friday. Here is what I am doing from front to back

Going to wrap the car in Vinyl Satin pearl white with the roof vinyl gloss black. the Grille i will either do black CF on the outer frame portion of the stock grille and do vinyl gloss black on the remaining parts(inside) or use the aftermarket grille I posted in this thread and do that completely in black CF or better yet just the chrome portion CF and leave the black portion as is. Which would mean I would have to remove the hood emblem for the flat badge. IDK, which way should I go???

The Dual fog light has that chrome circular ring on all 4, going to do black CF which will tie in with the grill and lower mesh. The Window trim & chrome streak below the doors, going to do Vinyl gloss back. That will tie in nicely with the window pillars. Will pick up a rear window spoiler and do that in Vinyl gloss black. The chrome strip on the trunk, black CF and the Mercedes and E350 chrome emblem will do in Vinyl Gloss back. Also, the front headlights will be slightly tinted with the rear taillights smoked but leaving the clear turn signal portion as is.

Not done yet, going to do all the wood panels in vinyl satin pearl white as well.. I think that is going to look SICK with the tan interior!! He has his white acura done with just about the same color scheme inside and it looks GREAT.

Last but not least, the rims... Yes, he says he can wrap the spokes, the portion I painted in white, in vinyl satin as well. so I will drop off the rims and tires and he will have it all mounted, balanced, etc..

this is all being done over 10 days so no pics till then. I talked to him in detail and posed a lot of questions based on what I read regarding wrapping. One of the questions was the installation process and yes, they do remove the parts and then wrap. Price of $2700 I think is outstanding.

a couple pics of his car

any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-img_5563.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-img_9856.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-photo-1.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-photo-2.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a White E, and def want to get the roof done in the black, but the whole car from white to pearl white? Did it make such a huge difference. The roof can be done for $300 range.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Cool! Will be good to see how it turns out - I saw a matt finish pink (yes, pink) wrapped BMW M3 in Boston yesterday and it actually really good. Can't say I'd pick pink, but wrapping the car does give it an interesting and new look.

Good luck and obviously post pics after install!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by drsaab
I have a White E, and def want to get the roof done in the black, but the whole car from white to pearl white? Did it make such a huge difference. The roof can be done for $300 range.
There is a big difference in the color. The pics doesnt do it justice. It sort of a grayish white color. If you are big on white, you would love this color IMO. I can remove it in a few year and have my original paint in prestine condition. It just sucks i am going to be without this car for 10 days
I need a loaner lol

Originally Posted by C230Brit
Cool! Will be good to see how it turns out - I saw a matt finish pink (yes, pink) wrapped BMW M3 in Boston yesterday and it actually really good. Can't say I'd pick pink, but wrapping the car does give it an interesting and new look.

Good luck and obviously post pics after install!
HOw that was a chick's car LOL
Thanks and will definitely post pics. I intend on stopping by a few times during the process to capture pics.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 PM

12' ML350 4M & 10' E350 4M
Dmighty love everything you've done. Only if my car was white!! I would definitely wrap the roof black it will give it a nice touch! Have you thought about wrapping the center of your bumper black? Something I would of done hehe. Keep us posted with some more pictures!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 AM

2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mb_21
Dmighty love everything you've done. Only if my car was white!! I would definitely wrap the roof black it will give it a nice touch! Have you thought about wrapping the center of your bumper black? Something I would of done hehe. Keep us posted with some more pictures!
any pics of this?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 AM

2010 E350 Sport
I dropped the car off Friday morning and the work has begun. The pics were sent to me via text and I almost fainted when I viewed them.
Im Hoping to have the car back by Saturday. More pics to come.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-photo-3.jpg   My Mods w/ Pics Now/later-photo-4.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:02 AM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by dmighty
I dropped the car off Friday morning and the work has begun. The pics were sent to me via text and I almost fainted when I viewed them.
Im Hoping to have the car back by Saturday. More pics to come.

Thanks
Any more pics? I have done a few things as well, looking for ideas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Mods w/ Pics Now/later