E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
if you want support and actual warranty buy it from CKM cardesign or directly from Car-Life Mall, not Aliexpress. Mine first unit broke within 2 months, the display completely failed, but I got a free replacement because I got it from CKM. These are low production chinese goods, not Apple devices, there is going to be high failure rate on them, so get it from somewhere where they stand behind it.

FYI, my second unit is going strong at 13 months now, zero issue.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2007 mercedes e63, 2006 bmw 530 Xi with Mtech kit , 2005 ford expedition
Originally Posted by Ungarisch
if you want support and actual warranty buy it from CKM cardesign or directly from Car-Life Mall, not Aliexpress. Mine first unit broke within 2 months, the display completely failed, but I got a free replacement because I got it from CKM. These are low production chinese goods, not Apple devices, there is going to be high failure rate on them, so get it from somewhere where they stand behind it.

I definitely hear u and agree with u ... Reason being it was a new out of the box unit sold at a discount... So basically it's the luck of the draw with this thing
Old 03-31-2019, 07:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2007 mercedes e63, 2006 bmw 530 Xi with Mtech kit , 2005 ford expedition
seems to be the V2 due to 2/32gb ram and storage, but the UI in the picture indicated V1 because V2 no longer shows HVAC temperatures on the home screen
I wonder if the pic shown just a old generic pic of the earlier v1 model ?
Old 04-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E Class
Android 10.25 inch A207 E class NTG 4.5

Dear all,
I have the Android 10.25 with 4 GB ram installed into the E class A207 with NTG 4.5.
Problem: When the selected channel is not AUX (Where Android is plugged in to NTG interface) and while listening to radio, DVD, USB by NTG, BT. Any channel other then the aux. I cannot hear any directions from Sygic or from the app Blitzer.de.

It should be possible to listen to radio and also listen to instructions/directions of sygic or other warnings from the Android unit. I dont mean music form Androids audio app or video app or from you tube.

Has anyone else solved this problem?
Old 04-02-2019, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I have similar issue when I do carplay, I want to be able to control steering wheel, which i cannot do in AUX mode. Every time google maps talks to goes to AUX so I have to revert back to Bluetooth. I wish there was a switchover available that goes from Bluetooth to AUX, vice versa
Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 AM
wbx

CLK230 Kompressor
I have been contemplating if I should buy one of these android headunits or a carplay box. Which one would have the better sound quality with the stock HK Audio?
I just really want to use Waze in my car
Old 04-06-2019, 01:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E350 Sport
Originally Posted by wbx
I have been contemplating if I should buy one of these android headunits or a carplay box. Which one would have the better sound quality with the stock HK Audio?
I just really want to use Waze in my car
Just get the android unit with car play addon 2 for 1 special. Sound is amazing if you or if your having someone install it do it right
Old 04-06-2019, 02:17 AM

W212 300 CDI Bluetec Kombi
Display Tot

Hallo Gemeinde
mein Display V1 nach 8 Monaten defekt habe ich jetzt ein neues bekommen.
V2 2GB 32 Speicher.
Beim Einbau funktionierte alles super.
Nach 2 Stunden habe ich das Auto gestartet. Dann blieb das Display schwarz.
Nun startet es überhaupt nicht mehr.
Habe das original wieder eingebaut.
Ich möchte gerne das Display in Ruhe ausprobieren.
Kann mir jemand die Pinbelegung am breiten weißen Stecker mitteilen?
Gruß Kampi
Old 04-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by Heisenberg5070
Just get the android unit with car play addon 2 for 1 special. Sound is amazing if you or if your having someone install it do it right
how is the speed on these units? Is there any lag time or delay when pushing buttons or running video apps?. I assume it’s not gonna be as smooth as the latest Samsung galaxy tablet even though it costs more. I also noticed they have 4gig ram models now anyone got one yet?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:04 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
version 2 of the unit is fast enough that I have not seen anyone complain about speed. Think 5 year old nexus phone fast.

However, if you use carplay then none of that matters as the speed of the screen is going to be the speed of your Apple phone, and they are all pretty much blazing fast, even my iPhone SE.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
version 2 of the unit is fast enough that I have not seen anyone complain about speed. Think 5 year old nexus phone fast.

However, if you use carplay then none of that matters as the speed of the screen is going to be the speed of your Apple phone, and they are all pretty much blazing fast, even my iPhone SE.
I would be using carplay but also likely using it for a number of android apps. I guess my biggest concern is that the tablet they use isn't too dated I guess you pretty much answered it with 5 year old nexus analogy. 5 years ago it was fast and probably still is but all the "optimized" apps have probably surpassed it. Also is the movement time between menus delayed at all? I was hoping it would run smoother and faster because it is a modified android os specifically for cars but have heard many say it is somewhat sluggish.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
I'm thinking of buying one of these android units, can the rotary dial be used to control the android unit or do you have to use the touchscreen for everything?
Old 04-08-2019, 03:23 PM

E350 Sport
Originally Posted by IDIOFFO
I'm thinking of buying one of these android units, can the rotary dial be used to control the android unit or do you have to use the touchscreen for everything?
Yes. The rotary dial works with it perfectly. Especially when selecting also
Old 04-08-2019, 03:51 PM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
Perfect that's good to know, I might place an order for one with carlife-mall. Are you also able to get mph and F degree on the unit? I know the first models had an with with that
Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 CLS 63

Aliexpress is a marketplace type site similar to ebay. buying from CKM you are going the same route buying from a reseller. Each vendor on aliexpress offers support should anything go wrong, this is specifically stated in the description. Should any of these vendors deny to compensate you for a broken or non working item you can easily dispute with the website itself ailexpress and the vendor will be penalized. It seems to me you're confused on how this all works. The vendors are more likely to be held accountable by the marketplace (aliexpress) than some random guy reselling stuff on the internet. There is little to know guarantee of accountability buying from a random reselller. in your case you were fortunate you got compensated but your options would be slim if he denied you. So no, paying a reseller is NOT the safer option.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:15 AM

Mercedes E-Class W212 Sedan
Software version and known problems

Hi everybody,

I got my unit last Friday (from CKM) and installed it on the weekend. After searching for a possible software update I stumbled across this forum and this thread only to find out, that I seem to have a newer firmware than was made available here. E. g. the HMI is Benz.2F01_010.2019.03.19.08.30
If someone tells me how to extract it from the device, I'd be happy to share it.

The device works quite well, but I have an issue, that I couldn't find any information on - but 50 pages are a lot, maybe I overlooked it:
There is a fader, that allows me to change the volume from front to back, but it doesn't work correctly. It seems there is no sound in the back at all and if I move the fader to the front, it actually decreases the volume on the front speakers. Is that a known issue? Is there a solution for that?
Update 2019-04-10: I played with the Comand fader and the screen fader a little more. It looks like the screen fader only "works" between center and back and basically influences the volume on _all_ speakers according to the Comand setting. Or to put it differently: If I set up front/back ratio in Comand, the screen uses the same and it can't be changed in the screen's settings. Since I don't change that frequently I can accept this "flaw".

Other than that I also dislike the screen layout for Google Maps if run on the device, but that seems to be a general Android problem.

Last edited by Teriso; 04-10-2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: New information
Old 04-11-2019, 05:41 PM

W176 2014
Hello everybody,

I've bought an Android head unit through Aliexpress for my W176, which seems very similar to the devices found here.

MCU: TSBEC.181013
HMI: Benz.2F01_010.2018.10.27.08.30
Model number: evb3562v_c_66_m0

Yes, it's A Class, but it seems that there is no such thread in a specialized forum, so I'll ask for it here.It is supposed to be connected via AUX, but I don't have any AUX input in my car. Neither in the glove box, nor in the central part. There is only a USB input available.

It is possible to do something in this case?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM

E350 Sport
Originally Posted by vitaminoid
Hello everybody,

I've bought an Android head unit through Aliexpress for my W176, which seems very similar to the devices found here.

Yes, it's A Class, but it seems that there is no such thread in a specialized forum, so I'll ask for it here.It is supposed to be connected via AUX, but I don't have any AUX input in my car. Neither in the glove box, nor in the central part. There is only a USB input available.

Do you have an ami port?
Old 04-12-2019, 03:20 AM

W176 2014
Originally Posted by Heisenberg5070
Do you have an ami port?
Unfortunately, I don't. I've checked this possibility of getting an AMI->AUX adaptor, but I just don't have this port.

Is there actually any difference between those Android head units they sell for E- and A-Class on Aliexpress? They look like twin brothers.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:43 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
When I bought mine I paid like $50 extra for a usb to aux adapter for a similar system i put on my c63 which I didnt wind up using, I'll see if I still have it.

Hello everybody,

Old 04-12-2019, 07:32 AM

w212 e250 4matic
Unfortunately, I don't. I've checked this possibility of getting an AMI->AUX adaptor, but I just don't have this port.

Is there actually any difference between those Android head units they sell for E- and A-Class on Aliexpress? They look like twin brothers.
My w212 doesn't have aux port or ami , but it's working fine the android device , i think that you must change the A/B connector.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 AM

.It is supposed to be connected via AUX, but I don't have any AUX input in my car. Neither in the glove box, nor in the central part. There is only a USB input available.

As far as I understood, there is an AUX audio line in the big, black Quadlock connector, so once you have the display installed, you don't need additional cables. What you have to do is to enable the Aux functionality in the Comand and you can do this via the screen. For a V2 screen go to the NTG settings, press the General Settings button for ~10s, then new options appear. In one of these new menus there is a "Enable Aux" option, that does exactly that.
For me there was still no sound until I got the CAN configuration right, which is done by checking the CAN menu according to the manual and possibly reconnect the A/B, A and B connectors. Once I got this sorted out the sound "magically" also worked. I guess, that the screen uses the CAN connection to identify the vehicle and the installed NTG version to set the pinout for the speakers correctly.

Last edited by Teriso; 04-12-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Typo
The following users liked this post:
IDIOFFO (04-12-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 AM

W176 2014
Originally Posted by Teriso
What you have to do is to enable the Aux functionality in the Comand and you can do this via the screen. For a V2 screen go to the NTG settings, press the General Settings button for ~10s, then new options appear. In one of these new menus there is a "Enable Aux" option, that does exactly that.
Why would I want to enable AUX, if I don't have one?

And, after all, how is sound really transfered from the Android HU? Via AUX or via the big black square connector?
Old 04-15-2019, 06:18 PM

Unhappy

Why would I want to enable AUX, if I don't have one?

And, after all, how is sound really transfered from the Android HU? Via AUX or via the big black square connector?
Have you read my post? Did you understand it? It didn't seem to get through to you. So I'll give it a second try, maybe we're lucky this time!

As far as I understood,
To my knowledge and experience; what I have read or heard. No guarantee, this is an amateur forum, this information may be inaccurate or completely wrong. Use at your own risk, if you don't dare, please ask an adult.

there is an AUX audio line in the big, black Quadlock connector,
The black thingy you plugged into the Comand and the new, shiny Android screen in the back has a number of copper strings insulated by plastic that is capable of transferring electrical current. The system uses this for many purposes. It seems, that one or more of those are used to transmit audio information, that is interpreted by the Comand as being "AUX".

so once you have the display installed, you don't need additional cables.
The advantage of the connection mentioned above is, that you don't need any additional copper strings!

What you have to do is to enable the Aux functionality in the Comand and you can do this via the screen.
Unfortunately, in some rare cases especially if you dont have any other AUX connection points (emphasis by me) the Comand disregards the signals on these copper strings in the black thingy (lets in future call it a line in the Quadlock connector for better understanding)

For a V2 screen go to the NTG settings, press the General Settings button for ~10s, then new options appear. In one of these new menus there is a "Enable Aux" option, that does exactly that.
So for the version of the Android screen that I have and can write about, there is a solution! If you follow the described procedure, you can convince the Comand overcome its ignorance of this line in the Quadlock connector (did you see? I used the term from above!). By the way, if you bought your unit from a good supplier, that would have included fine cut pieces of wood marked with ink in a specific way so that it can carry information, especially this information in particular. My recommendation: In future ask for this, the rest of us call it a "manual" or at least "installation instructions".

For me there was still no sound until I got the CAN configuration right, which is done by checking the CAN menu according to the manual and possibly reconnect the A/B, A and B connectors. Once I got this sorted out the sound "magically" also worked. I guess, that the screen uses the CAN connection to identify the vehicle and the installed NTG version to set the pinout for the speakers correctly.
Finally I describe my personal experience for you and others to possibly learn from that and don't give up to early. In the end I speculate a little what the cause might be. To make clear, that I have no evidence on this I started off with "I guess".

I hope that answers your question, why you should try to enable the AUX port even if - or especially when - you do not have an AUX connection in your car.

Please try to read posts of people, that try to help you more diligently, try to think yourself why the recommendations might make sense. You can also try to to google to verify or disprove the information given.

Phew, that was quite some work! I hope, its more clear now.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM

C250 CGI 2010
OEM commands not functional

Hello..
I have just installed the 10.25inch android screen in my c250 cgi 2010 (2010), it is working fine as an android device however the oem car system is not working "car type is not supported"..i contacted the supplier and they have no solution..any advice??
Note: car was modified with original mercedes benz ipod

Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy
Excited to share this with everyone. Saw this in another thread and came across this unit. Unit purchased from Chris The Swede, although other sites and vendors do sell this unit, shoutout to Chris because he offered tons of info and support. Glad I purchased from him. He also has YouTube videos on this unit.

I'm still trying to work out a few things like getting mirrorlink and google maps to work properly but so far I'm really satisfied with the result.

As far as I'm concerned, this particular unit works on ntg 4.5 4.7 and 5. Aux cable I routed behind the ac control unit, then under ash tray and center scrolling knob, and into the aux jack in center compartment. Audio is automatically supposed to switch over from own radio to anything being played in android unit but I haven't gotten that auto switch to work yet. Usb cable I have routed into glove compartment.

Here's a picture of unit installed.

Video in motion/youtube/usb drive. Movies in my usb drive utilize the entire screen, YouTube videos will not.

The best part is that this unit retains oem functionalities! This is primarily the only reason why i purchsed this unit. When using oem mode, the oem doesn't go full screen, the extra space on the right is filled with a stock dummy image. It'd be nice if we could get that right side functional.

Old unit vs new unit size

Did I mention it's also a touchscreen?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed