E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W221 s550
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
This happens when you mess to much with settings and secrete settings menys. And you you need a FULL OS install from scratch.
Hi Chris,
All I did just ignore ( app not responding) every time I play music. Then this messages appeared. I contacted the seller and here is his respond. Anything new I will post here.

Thanks for helping.

If anyone has a firmware that would be great
Old 05-22-2020, 04:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2014 E63 AMG
Never ever did I have one that could not make it work. You just didnt do it right when installning it and setting it up or the instructions you got from you seller was not good enough, Its FAR from POS!!
I will stand by my conclusion that it is a POS. And let's be clear here, it is NOT your product! So I have absolutely nothing bad to say about you or your products.

Let me be clear about my unnamed seller:

1. No instructions came with the product.
2. Customer service was very responsive, but was kind of shocked that I asked for installation instructions.
3. Tech support tried walking me through stuff, but the sound from the apps, videos, and anything running on the android screen never made any sound on my system.
4. I only have so much time and patience to try checking boxes on options, rebooting and doing it over and over to get the right combination for the "plug and play" system.
5. My car sat for three days with everything apart. I can't wait two weeks until they find the magical combination of wires and setup options to get it to work properly.

In conclusion, if a seller can't get a product to work for a customer, said customer has the right to call the product a POS.

Scott

The following 2 users liked this post by Scott Gerhardt:
Mr Jones (05-22-2020), retna7 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 AMG C63S
Same audio problem

So I got the “latest and greatest” from DMP as well.

first install, my OEM radio did not work, and I never got the wires tucked in enough to seat the unit.

took it all out and replaced OEM to make sure I hadn’t fried the radio. All worked fine.

did second “install” today (hooked everything up but didn’t run wires through console, just to see if it would work). This time my radio, including satellite, works perfectly, and the android unit connected to my WiFi and I was able to download apps. I am able to watch YouTube TV and navigate the internet. But I have no sound from the unit itself.

message to DPM says to connect the aux. but I have no idea what this means. I received no instructions, did the install from a you tube video. Nothing was mentioned about connecting the aux.
waiting to hear from customer support (13 hour time difference)

Can anybody tell me what I am supposed to connect?
Old 05-23-2020, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by docestes
So I got the “latest and greatest” from DMP as well.

first install, my OEM radio did not work, and I never got the wires tucked in enough to seat the unit.

took it all out and replaced OEM to make sure I hadn’t fried the radio. All worked fine.

did second “install” today (hooked everything up but didn’t run wires through console, just to see if it would work). This time my radio, including satellite, works perfectly, and the android unit connected to my WiFi and I was able to download apps. I am able to watch YouTube TV and navigate the internet. But I have no sound from the unit itself.

message to DPM says to connect the aux. but I have no idea what this means. I received no instructions, did the install from a you tube video. Nothing was mentioned about connecting the aux.
waiting to hear from customer support (13 hour time difference)

Can anybody tell me what I am supposed to connect?
Simple. You have to conect it to you AUX port in the car. In glovebox or center armrest. If you DONT have that then all you need to do is activate aux in comand and it will work wihout conecting anything. So if you dont have AUX as an option in your comand menues this means you dont have the aux jacks and it must be activated by the android screen or in comand hidden engenering menues.
The following users liked this post:
dincena (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 06:34 AM

2018 AMG C63S
Simple. You have to conect it to you AUX port in the car. In glovebox or center armrest. If you DONT have that then all you need to do is activate aux in comand and it will work wihout conecting anything. So if you dont have AUX as an option in your comand menues this means you dont have the aux jacks and it must be activated by the android screen or in comand hidden engenering menues.
I have the USB plugged into the port in the center console.
something must not be active in the menus
Old 05-23-2020, 06:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
You have 5s1?
Old 05-23-2020, 07:56 AM

2018 AMG C63S
Well I guess I figured it out

have to go into COMMAND and set the media interface to the AUX
It kept connecting to Bluetooth and playing off my phone

but changing to media USB I got it to work, but COMMAND is so clumsy to use already, it’s a several step process to make this happen

and it is annoying that when you access the OEM, part of the screen is cut off

bottom line is I do now have sound from the unit
Old 05-23-2020, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45

but changing to media USB I got it to work, but COMMAND is so clumsy to use already, it’s a several step process to make this happen

When DMP shipped this to you, did you get a tracking number, or did it just indicate "processing" on their site and then the unit just showed up? And how long did shipping take?

And can you confirm that your wireless CarPlay or Android auto, works from the unit internally, with no external adapter needed?

Did you tell them to customize your SIM port for US Cellular?
Old 05-23-2020, 08:56 AM

2018 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by Vladds
When DMP shipped this to you, did you get a tracking number, or did it just indicate "processing" on their site and then the unit just showed up? And how long did shipping take?

And can you confirm that your wireless CarPlay or Android auto, works from the unit internally, with no external adapter needed?

Did you tell them to customize your SIM port for US Cellular?
yes I did get DHL tracking, and it arrived from Hong Kong to Arkansas in four days

I don’t know the answer to your second question
yet
I don’t typically use either

I did not do anything regarding SIM, as I do not intend to use it on cellular network

I will be using my phone as a WiFi hotspot for the internet access
Old 05-24-2020, 12:41 PM

2014 E63 AMG

So let me get this correct as I never got sound out of my unit:

1. You went into engineering mode and set the "media interface" to USB?
2. Then you connected the screen to the USB port on the Mercedes?
3. If you did connect to the USB port, was it with the USB cord from the Unit, or did you need a usb to 3.5 MM connector and connected it to said 3.5 MM jack?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 05-30-2020, 07:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W221 s550
This happens when you mess to much with settings and secrete settings menys. And you you need a FULL OS install from scratch.

I fixed it. Was very simple. Thanx

Unfortunately the seller didn't cooperate with me unless if i was a bat jejejejeje
Old 05-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
Anyone please link me to a reliable shop where I can buy the newest version of this headunit? Many thanks.

Edit: answered my own question. DMP Car Design

Last edited by Crna Mechka; 05-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:40 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
W212, R171
Originally Posted by DzoniS
I've installed mine from Mercedes Carplay. Really quick and easy install & I had no problems whatsoever. Would recommend.
I see the mention Android AUTO on the product page but there's no detail whatsoever, do you know if their module work for Android too?
Old 06-08-2020, 11:41 AM

2014 E63 AMG
So I finally got the sound to work.

I had to plug the aux 3.5 MM output from the main connector to the aux input on the back of the android screen. I was told over and over to make it go through the AMI interface in the center console. The AMI connection never worked. No idea why.........

So if you have issues, give that a try.

Scott
Old 06-08-2020, 12:04 PM

2014 E63 AMG
Next issue - no Apple CarPlay.

I have an Android 10 screen that supposedly has Apple CarPlay "built-in." It is supposed to run it on the screen wirelessly using the easy connection app. The app is all set up and ready to go on the screen.

Unfortunately it does not work. It only acts as a mirroring service for Apple. I.E. you use the screen to control your phone, you can only use your phone and then see what you are doing on the screen. Kind of makes it useless.

So I tried to figure out what was wrong and I learned that the software version "Android 10" does not support allowing the easy connection app to control the apple phone from the Android screen. Here is the language from the easy connection app page on google's site: "*Android system started to limit the access right which made Android 10 users cannot control from the car display anymore." https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.wws&hl=en_US

I guess I will have to get a CarPlay dongle and use the relevant software for that after all.

Scott
Old 06-08-2020, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Scott, does your android switch the audio automatic from NTG to android, or you have to select with the knob aux in the NTG?
Old 06-08-2020, 09:18 PM

2014 E63 AMG
Scott, does your android switch the audio automatic from NTG to android, or you have to select with the knob aux in the NTG?
Yes, it will switch automatically..
Old 06-08-2020, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Figured out, thanks.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:39 PM

2014 E63 AMG
Figured out, thanks.
I started downloading some music apps to the Android unit. The App Store has all the same music apps I play on my phone. So if I get those installed that would be great.

Unfortunately, when I played them, no sound! And one time the unit automatically switched to NTG sound.

The joys of experimenting in the blind.

Scott
Old 06-08-2020, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
I'm trying to understand how to take advantage of the built in navigation.
To me having a GPS antenna means that you should have access to one navigation without connecting to the cell phone.
Otherwise the cell phone has the gps and this unit just shows what the cell phone gps is receiving.
So I was surprised when the google maps has no map in it.
Their tech said, just connect the phone.
But why?
Why connect the phone when you have gps android. Does THAT work?

I mean of course you'll connect the phone but continuous gps costs data.
If you have free gps, why not?
But does it work?
For that I have to supposedly download google maps.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Scott Gerhardt
Next issue - no Apple CarPlay.

I have an Android 10 screen that supposedly has Apple CarPlay "built-in." It is supposed to run it on the screen wirelessly using the easy connection app. The app is all set up and ready to go on the screen.

Unfortunately it does not work. It only acts as a mirroring service for Apple. I.E. you use the screen to control your phone, you can only use your phone and then see what you are doing on the screen. Kind of makes it useless.

So I tried to figure out what was wrong and I learned that the software version "Android 10" does not support allowing the easy connection app to control the apple phone from the Android screen. Here is the language from the easy connection app page on google's site: "*Android system started to limit the access right which made Android 10 users cannot control from the car display anymore." https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.wws&hl=en_US

I guess I will have to get a CarPlay dongle and use the relevant software for that after all.

Scott
On my screens:easyconnect is.mirror link, not.carplay

for qualcomm, carplay is in apps-Zlink

for autochip screen, mainmenu has carplay
Old 06-09-2020, 10:24 AM

2014 E63 AMG
On my screens:easyconnect is.mirror link, not.carplay

for qualcomm, carplay is in apps-Zlink

for autochip screen, mainmenu has carplay
Interesting. I have the Qualcomm, but no zlink app. Guess I will need to find that.

THanks,

Scott
Old 06-09-2020, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
I have the z link and mine works.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c 300 2016
Sem

Originally Posted by Dhaif
I fixed it. Was very simple. Thanx

Unfortunately the seller didn't cooperate with me unless if i was a bat jejejejeje
I have same problem can you please tell me what did you do
Old 06-11-2020, 01:45 AM

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
2000 E430 Sport

Followed the steps in the video to activate AUX.

Sound from the the Android screen works but ipod interface fails

With these settings the AUX and BT activates but I lose the Ipod (UCI) / music interface.

With these settings I lose the android sound (AUX) but gain back the iPod (UCI / glove box music interface).

Any idea how I can select both the AUX (Android Screen) and retain UCI (iPod) at the same time?

I've tried it without BT but it seems when I select AUX, UCI us no longer an option.

It worked at first but when I came back the next day it didn't.

Last edited by retna7; 06-11-2020 at 01:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed