E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

New owner

Old 10-25-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E350e
New owner

Hi,

Just got my new E350e today. Waited for a little bit more than two months. Only had a few miles to drive today and the car is great so far.
I have few questions please:
1) I want to break in the engine. Have anyone done that? I'm planning on 1000 KMs (600-700 miles). Is that enough?
2) When I test drove it, I mainly drove slowly to see how comfortable and quiet it is. On one occasion I have changed the driving mode to sport+ and WOT. The car seemed to have enough power (coming from an ATS-V) and I felt my back glued to the back seat as it should be. Today, while trying not to pass
the 4000 RPM limit, I was still faster than the other cars but the acceleration hadn't felt fast at all. Is that normal? This engine is still equipped with a turbo.
3) Tried the driver pilot. Works quite nice but when one car from the other lane suddenly entered my lane, I had to intervene. Read here that it is normal. Will keep on investigating it. BTW, can I start the driving pilot only while moving? I have tried to start it while standing in traffic light and when the car infront
of me started moving, my car didn't move. Is that normal?
4) Does anyone uses android auto? I have been told at the dealer (we do not have dealers. It was the importer) that I need to hack my phone in order to use it. Is it the same in the US or wherever you are from?
5) In the ATS-V my car got locket automatically after a few seconds that the key was 3 foot or more from the car. In the benz I was told that I can lock it only using the remote. Is that true?

I think I have some more but I'm exited and probably forgotten.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,046 Likes on 693 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Eran Levi
Hi,

Just got my new E350e today. Waited for a little bit more than two months. Only had a few miles to drive today and the car is great so far.
I have few questions please:
1) I want to break in the engine. Have anyone done that? I'm planning on 1000 KMs (600-700 miles). Is that enough?
2) When I test drove it, I mainly drove slowly to see how comfortable and quiet it is. On one occasion I have changed the driving mode to sport+ and WOT. The car seemed to have enough power (coming from an ATS-V) and I felt my back glued to the back seat as it should be. Today, while trying not to pass
the 4000 RPM limit, I was still faster than the other cars but the acceleration hadn't felt fast at all. Is that normal? This engine is still equipped with a turbo.
3) Tried the driver pilot. Works quite nice but when one car from the other lane suddenly entered my lane, I had to intervene. Read here that it is normal. Will keep on investigating it. BTW, can I start the driving pilot only while moving? I have tried to start it while standing in traffic light and when the car infront
of me started moving, my car didn't move. Is that normal?
4) Does anyone uses android auto? I have been told at the dealer (we do not have dealers. It was the importer) that I need to hack my phone in order to use it. Is it the same in the US or wherever you are from?
5) In the ATS-V my car got locket automatically after a few seconds that the key was 3 foot or more from the car. In the benz I was told that I can lock it only using the remote. Is that true?

I think I have some more but I'm exited and probably forgotten.

Thanks in advance
To lock the car all you have to do is touch the iutside if the door handle, otherwise you can use the fob.
Mb recommends a 1.6k break in, however thats entirely up to you.
The lack of speed feel is called refinement
To restart auto pilot from a stop, push the accelerator or pull on the cruise control stalk.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:16 AM

E350e
Originally Posted by c4004matic
To lock the car all you have to do is touch the iutside if the door handle, otherwise you can use the fob.
Thanks!

Mb recommends a 1.6k break in, however thats entirely up to you.
Will do

The lack of speed feel is called refinement

To restart auto pilot from a stop, push the accelerator or pull on the cruise control stalk.
Great. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-26-2017, 04:19 AM

E350e
BTW, why I do not see the MB symbol in the side mirrors sorrund lighting? Is it an option I had to tick?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220d W212
BTW, why I do not see the MB symbol in the side mirrors sorrund lighting? Is it an option I had to tick?
In Europe it's an option, the logo is however projected from the under side of the door, not the rear view mirror.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:56 AM

E350e
Originally Posted by Syversen
In Europe it's an option, the logo is however projected from the under side of the door, not the rear view mirror.
Ohh, didn't know that it came from under the side of the door. Thanks for noting.
Anyhow, I haven't opted for it so probably I do not have it although I'm not from Europe but from the middle east

Thanks
Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 AM

E350e
To lock the car all you have to do is touch the iutside if the door handle,
Tried it now. Didn't work
Old 10-26-2017, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Tried it now. Didn't work
for good order sake: c4004matic meant OUTSIDE

Don't know how it is where u live, but in Europe , keyless go is an option..
so maybe you don't have it?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
There should be a small indented spot on the outside of the exterior door handle if you have option 889 keyless-go.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:20 AM

E350e
I do have the keyless option for sure. I'm entering the car with the key in my pocket. Just touch the OUTSIDE handle and it opens. Tried the same to lock the car but it doesn't work.
BTW, I'm almost sure that it did work in the first time. Maybe something that I did? No ideas
Couldn't find any indented spot.

Thanks for helping!
Old 10-27-2017, 04:40 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
To lock the car, clench your first and extend your thumb. Touch your thumb only to the indentation on the door handle. The car should lock. To open, touch the indentation at the back of the door handle and it will open. If you grab the handle while attempting to lock the car, it won't lock, but it will open.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:44 AM

E350e
Originally Posted by guhvies
To lock the car, clench your first and extend your thumb. Touch your thumb only to the indentation on the door handle. The car should lock. To open, touch the indentation at the back of the door handle and it will open. If you grab the handle while attempting to lock the car, it won't lock, but it will open.
Just found that indent now.

Thanks a lot for all of you!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
on my car I can touch the outside of the handle anywhere.
I usually use back of my hand
Old 10-27-2017, 01:16 PM

E350e
One more question please (I'm going through the manual but it takes a while to complete). Today I drove on a freeway between 62-100 MPH. From time to time, when a shift came up, I felt two quick kicks from the throttle paddle.
I doesn't seems like a failure. It seems like an intentional behavior.
Can someone tell me what it is?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2017, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
One more question please (I'm going through the manual but it takes a while to complete). Today I drove on a freeway between 62-100 MPH. From time to time, when a shift came up, I felt two quick kicks from the throttle paddle.

Thanks
Don't know for sure since you have the hybrid model. However if you floor the accelerator there is a double click at the end of the accelerator travel which tells you the you have essentially told the car to provide the maximum possible acceleration. The first time you feel it, it seems like you pushed the accelerator too far and you broke something.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E350e

Thanks
Where you driving in Eco mode? The throttle does seem to give feedback in that mode when you give it a little too much gas for it’s liking. I’m 2000 miles in on my e350e and run mine in for 1k miles.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:40 AM

E350e
I'm still breaking in my car (200 KMs~. Have at least 1300 more to go). not passing the 4000 RPM mark.
It is not that kick down button in the lowest spot of the throttle paddle. I know that button and it is not it.
I wasn't in ECO. I was in individual with sport in engine and all the rest in comfort.

Last edited by Eran Levi; 10-28-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:44 PM

E350e
I've narrowed the problem down to only happen when the car is in individual mode. Never in comfort or sport mode.

Very strange...
​​​
Old 10-29-2017, 01:06 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Congrats on your new car - i think the hybrid makes so much sense. Even the new 350 (non-"e") engine that will soon debut in the E Coupe is a high performance 4 cylinder.

Where are you in the world?

1. I broke in the engine the same up until 1500 km, didn't kick down, just drove "gingerly" - it was still quick enough. I want this car to last so for me I wanted to do exactly as the manual said. In that time you will notice new smells when you park the car, and that's normal because things are breaking in.
2. Seems normal
3. Drive pilot when someone enters your lane and its within the "distance" that you have set, your car will back off to maintain the safe breaking distance. You CAN set the distance to be either long or short. I find the short still too long and some joker will always try and squeeze in, so i dont use it in the commute, but on long highway drives its really good
4. Sorry i dont use android, but with Apple Car Play when you plug your phone in to the correct USB port (only 1 out of the 2) it asks you "do you want to use car play" and you set it up from there. I imagine its the same with A/Auto
5. You can lock your car with the remote or by touching the outside of the handle. It does not automatically lock if it senses the key is not within proximity. If however you unlock your car and you ahve not entered the car, the car will auto lock if you have not opened it within a given time.

What colour combination did you go for? Very happy to read someone with a 350e
Old 10-29-2017, 08:38 AM

E350e
Originally Posted by mickhoog
Congrats on your new car - i think the hybrid makes so much sense. Even the new 350 (non-"e") engine that will soon debut in the E Coupe is a high performance 4 cylinder.

Where are you in the world?

1. I broke in the engine the same up until 1500 km, didn't kick down, just drove "gingerly" - it was still quick enough. I want this car to last so for me I wanted to do exactly as the manual said. In that time you will notice new smells when you park the car, and that's normal because things are breaking in.
2. Seems normal
3. Drive pilot when someone enters your lane and its within the "distance" that you have set, your car will back off to maintain the safe breaking distance. You CAN set the distance to be either long or short. I find the short still too long and some joker will always try and squeeze in, so i dont use it in the commute, but on long highway drives its really good
4. Sorry i dont use android, but with Apple Car Play when you plug your phone in to the correct USB port (only 1 out of the 2) it asks you "do you want to use car play" and you set it up from there. I imagine its the same with A/Auto
5. You can lock your car with the remote or by touching the outside of the handle. It does not automatically lock if it senses the key is not within proximity. If however you unlock your car and you ahve not entered the car, the car will auto lock if you have not opened it within a given time.

What colour combination did you go for? Very happy to read someone with a 350e
HI,

Thanks for all the answers.
I'm from the middle east.
I'm trying to follow the break in as much as possible. Actually, I would have prefer the E300. Problem is. I have paid 130,000 usd and the E300 with same options would have cost around 170,000 usd.
Unfortunately I do not have an option to recharge my battery using the plug in socket so I usually do not use comfort.
The color of my car is selenite Grey with black seats. I think that the white seats are looking better but can get dirty much easier.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:01 PM

E350e
BTW, is it just me or the petrol engine sounds like a diesel engine?
Old 10-29-2017, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
BTW, is it just me or the petrol engine sounds like a diesel engine?
They do sound similar due to the fact they both use direct injection.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes Benz E200 Avantgarde 2016 + MercedesBenz GLC250 4Matic 2016
I got the E 350e here in jordan,
i went with the canvaste blue ( lunar blue) with night package, and with designo macchiato beige interior
Old 10-30-2017, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Obeidat
I got the E 350e here in jordan,
i went with the canvaste blue ( lunar blue) with night package, and with designo macchiato beige interior
wow that sounds nice. Be beautiful in the Jordanian surroundings :-). If you haven't already it would be great to see a photo in the official picture thread :-)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:14 AM

HI,

Thanks for all the answers.
I'm from the middle east.
I'm trying to follow the break in as much as possible. Actually, I would have prefer the E300. Problem is. I have paid 130,000 usd and the E300 with same options would have cost around 170,000 usd.
Unfortunately I do not have an option to recharge my battery using the plug in socket so I usually do not use comfort.
The color of my car is selenite Grey with black seats. I think that the white seats are looking better but can get dirty much easier.
Just also remember that kick down means when you press your foot on the throttle to the resistance point whereby the car would move down (kick down) a gear. Ie if you're in 4th gear and press your foot down and it goes back to gear 3 and then up again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.