E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

W213 E200 M274 - Combustion misfiring of cylinder 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:44 AM

2018 E200 4matic
W213 E200 M274 - Combustion misfiring of cylinder 4

Hi everyone,

I’m having an issue with my car related to error codes P030085 and P030485. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  1. Changed the spark plugs – didn’t resolve the issue, the error persists.
  2. Swapped the ignition coils – the same result, error still present.
  3. Replaced the injector – worked fine for about 10 days, but now the check engine light is back.
The problem only appears during a cold start, usually the first start of the day. The engine sounds a bit off for the first 10 seconds, but after that, it returns to its normal sound. The car drives perfectly fine otherwise – no performance issues at all.
However, when starting cold, the check engine light starts blinking (VIDEO), and sometimes it just blinks without staying on the dashboard, but reappears the next day and stays on dashboard.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have suggestions on what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1539.MOV (10.44 MB, 7 views)
Old Yesterday | 07:01 AM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by dmoro
Hi everyone,

I’m having an issue with my car related to error codes P030085 and P030485. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  3. Replaced the injector – worked fine for about 10 days, but now the check engine light is back.
The problem only appears during a cold start, usually the first start of the day. The engine sounds a bit off for the first 10 seconds, but after that, it returns to its normal sound. The car drives perfectly fine otherwise – no performance issues at all.
However, when starting cold, the check engine light starts blinking (VIDEO), and sometimes it just blinks without staying on the dashboard, but reappears the next day and stays on dashboard.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have suggestions on what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have you read this site about piston cracking on the M274? The search feature can help you.
Old Today | 04:37 AM

2019 E300 4matic
What year?
Old Today | 05:40 AM

2018 E200 4matic
2018 E 200 4matic 2.0 135kW(181HP)

It's driving correctly but there is the light
Old Today | 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Originally Posted by dmoro
Hi everyone,

is your car a direct injection engine? You might want to look for carbon build up in the intake valves.