GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

MBUSA site 2019 C class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43 AMG
MBUSA site 2019 C class

Looks like the 2019 C class sedan (except AMG) is up on the mbusa site. It kind of give you an idea about options and built prices for the 2020 GLC face lift.
The following users liked this post:
ajmtbm (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night
Originally Posted by markaj1
Looks like the 2019 C class sedan (except AMG) is up on the mbusa site. It kind of give you an idea about options and built prices for the 2020 GLC face lift.
Thanks for the note. They did a very interesting strategy with the individual micro-customization options: stand-alone larger center screen, Sirius radio, fully-digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, rear sun-shade, blind-Sport assist is now an option (is that correct?!)? I can't decide if this all is a bad call for the brand-- if you get too granular, will any of these actually be seen on the dealership lot? In my experience, the typical dude who is configuring these is not the most daring with color selections or cool options. This level of detail is fantastic for the custom-build orders, however. IMO, MB needs to up their "bare minimum" standard features, especially as you consider what's standard with Audi or some of the Japanese auto-makers. Looks like they have a cool new walnut interior wood -- I wonder how it looks in person.

What do you folks think?
Old 09-30-2018, 08:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by CasemLuke
Thanks for the note. They did a very interesting strategy with the individual micro-customization options: stand-alone larger center screen, Sirius radio, fully-digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, rear sun-shade, blind-Sport assist is now an option (is that correct?!)? I can't decide if this all is a bad call for the brand-- if you get too granular, will any of these actually be seen on the dealership lot? In my experience, the typical dude who is configuring these is not the most daring with color selections or cool options. This level of detail is fantastic for the custom-build orders, however. IMO, MB needs to up their "bare minimum" standard features, especially as you consider what's standard with Audi or some of the Japanese auto-makers. Looks like they have a cool new walnut interior wood -- I wonder how it looks in person.

What do you folks think?
well, the halogen lights are gone, the static LED are now standard, and we finally joined the rest of the world by adding rear cross traffic alert as part of the premium option , so ridiculous that my $68k GLC43 does not have that as an option, and dont get me started on carplay. LOL
Old 09-30-2018, 09:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night
Originally Posted by markaj1
well, the halogen lights are gone, the static LED are now standard, and we finally joined the rest of the world by adding rear cross traffic alert as part of the premium option , so ridiculous that my $68k GLC43 does not have that as an option, and dont get me started on carplay. LOL
+1 !
Old 10-03-2018, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC 300 4Matic
I'm really liking the new facelift options. Emerald green is an exterior option and Saddle comes in MB Tex which I love. As mentioned static LED lights are standard and they've upgraded the Adaptive Lighting by using Multi-beam LED technology. Apple car play is standard and you only have to pay $350 to get the large 10.5" screen. Funny about the rear sunshade as it came standard on my 2004 C320. It's great if you live in a hot climate and have a black car. Base will be $1k more?

Would be nice to see a DOG to compare the actual configurations vs MBUSA. Sales managers will surely screw this up as they order the weirdest combos. Either fully loaded with everything you don't need or with nothing. My only grievance is that in order to get Driver's Assist which has a few safety features that I would like, you need to also order COMMAND. So basically $5k to get basic safety features that should come standard on the car. Also in 2020, Blind spot assist really should come standard. MB is so cheap about their technology.

Also, don't see the point in Sirius as an extra add-on when you can download the Sirius app and use CarPlay. Not worth $460 for the hardware when there is a software solution!

Last edited by MBCA; 10-03-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by MBCA
I'm really liking the new facelift options. Emerald green is an exterior option and Saddle comes in MB Tex which I love. As mentioned static LED lights are standard and they've upgraded the Adaptive Lighting by using Multi-beam LED technology. Apple car play is standard and you only have to pay $350 to get the large 10.5" screen. Funny about the rear sunshade as it came standard on my 2004 C320. It's great if you live in a hot climate and have a black car. Base will be $1k more?

Would be nice to see a DOG to compare the actual configurations vs MBUSA. Sales managers will surely screw this up as they order the weirdest combos. Either fully loaded with everything you don't need or with nothing. My only grievance is that in order to get Driver's Assist which has a few safety features that I would like, you need to also order COMMAND. So basically $5k to get basic safety features that should come standard on the car. Also in 2020, Blind spot assist really should come standard. MB is so cheap about their technology.

Also, don't see the point in Sirius as an extra add-on when you can download the Sirius app and use CarPlay. Not worth $460 for the hardware when there is a software solution!
i thought the multi-beam was not legal in the US which is why we cant get it?
on the safety features i agree. great to have but boy they are expensive and yes many other brands provide them for free on even the basic models.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:30 PM

2019 GLC 300 4Matic
I'm not positive but I think due to US regulations, we can't get all the Adaptive LED features like the black box that blocks oncoming light. Many people in the UK have this feature on their GLCs. From what I've read the multi-beam LED uses 84 high-performance LEDs. The same state of the art technology that was originally touted on the E class few years ago.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...l?oid=40545484
Old 10-03-2018, 11:10 PM

2019 GLC 300 4Matic

Regular LED High Performance

vs.

Multi-beam LED with the lighting package