GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

iOS 14 Bluetooth not working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 09:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
iOS 14 Bluetooth not working?

Ever since the iPhone iOS 14 update last week, the Bluetooth in my GLC is not working. It connects, but when I play audio on the phone, the car shows the device as being paused even when it’s playing. When I try to switch the audio to the car from the phone, it spins for a moment but won’t start playing from the car. When I make phone calls, the audio won’t come out of the car only from the phone. I can dial from the car, but the sound will only work through the phone. The only thing I have found that fixes it is rebooting the phone every time I get in the car. It’s a 2018 car and a 2019 phone. Everything was working fine before the update. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2020, 09:59 PM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Working fine for me. Have you tried repairing the phone and doing a restart? Now running 14.0.1.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:02 PM

Too many to count
Originally Posted by Wxchaser
Working fine for me. Have you tried repairing the phone and doing a restart? Now running 14.0.1.
Restarting is the only thing that works, but I can’t reboot the phone every time I get in the car. I’ve tried unpairing and repairing it several times, resetting network settings, but I can’t find a permanent fix. This is annoying because the COMAND unit/MBUX system is something the dealer usually never is able to fix.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
No such issues here, been running iOS since beta 1. Works fine on 14.0.1 atm.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:48 AM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Try toggling off & on Bluetooth using Multimedia system:Activating/deactivating Bluetooth®

Multimedia system:

Settings - System

Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Switch Bluetooth on or off.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:13 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
I ran into some issues as well--check the thread out, below...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...14-comand.html

Old 09-29-2020, 03:06 PM

Too many to count
Update: I had the car in for service at the dealership and just picked it up. They said there was an update for the head unit as well as the maps/GPS. It seems like phone calls now work over Bluetooth, but playing music is still not working. The only thing I have found that fixes it is rebooting the phone every time you connect to the car, which is obviously a disaster and you shouldn't have to do that. I'm afraid that this won't be fixed because it's one of those internal technical things between Apple and Mercedes that everybody points fingers on and nobody is able to fix because it has to come in software from Mercedes directly. They also told me that Apple is supposedly working on an update to come out later this year to fix it, and that MB and Apple have been in communication about it.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:07 PM

Too many to count
Originally Posted by bad habit
No such issues here, been running iOS since beta 1. Works fine on 14.0.1 atm.
What are you driving? Your profile says 2020 GLE, which uses a different system.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:26 PM

Too many to count
Try toggling off & on Bluetooth using Multimedia system:Activating/deactivating Bluetooth®

Multimedia system:

Settings - System

Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Switch Bluetooth on or off.
Just tried that and it didn't work unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:28 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by Senatov
Just tried that and it didn't work unfortunately.
Also toggle off bluetooh and restart your phone.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:31 PM

Too many to count
Also toggle off bluetooh and restart your phone.
Restarting the phone is the only thing that works, but you have to do it every time you get in the car, which really isn't a solution. I wonder why that fixes it temporarily though, and how to make it last.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:16 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Really sounds like a pairing issue. Worth a call to MBUSA if you are in the states.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Too many to count
Really sounds like a pairing issue. Worth a call to MBUSA if you are in the states.
I just called MBUSA and they acted like I was talking about trying to fly a magic carpet, and that the dealership should be fixing it. I told them this is one of those annoying tech issues where the phone company blames the car company and vice versa, and everybody's working off some bulletin notes and points the finger at each other. They said some executive team would call me back. Gotta love corporate America. I feel like Mercedes makes such nice cars but MBUSA totally ruins it from a corporate perspective. mbrace and that whole connected thing has always sucked.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:51 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
I feel confident you'll get a call from exec/IT team and they will help you resolve the issues. Keep us informed & best of luck.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic
I would un-pair the phone through Settings>Bluetooth and then I would also go in and change the name of your phone by going into Settings>General>About>Name and also make sure you remove the pairing record on the MBUX side of things as well. Once you have done all these steps I would re-pair the phone and see if that resolves the issue. I used to work in engineering for Apple and bluetooth issues always came with new software updates and one year Chevrolet vehicles had a huge issue that was resolved after three to four months. A lot of times people will have a phone and then they get a new phone and restore a backup from the phone, which brings all the settings and name of the phone back. You can tell this happens because sometimes when we looked at logs an iPhone X was named John's iPhone 6s, but the point is that the head unit sees the name of the device and then also the bluetooth address and sometimes the same name with a different bluetooth address can cause connectivity issues. If this doesn't work I would contacting Apple and asking to have an RTA filed with engineering, which will collect logs and provide a fix.

Last edited by GLK63AMG; 10-05-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:47 AM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by GLK63AMG
I would un-pair the phone through Settings>Bluetooth and then I would also go in and change the name of your phone by going into Settings>General>About>Name and also make sure you remove the pairing record on the MBUX side of things as well. Once you have done all these steps I would re-pair the phone and see if that resolves the issue. I used to work in engineering for Apple and bluetooth issues always came with new software updates and one year Cheverolet vehicles had a huge issue that was resolved after three to four months. A lot of times people will have a phone and then they get a new phone and restore a backup from the phone, which brings all the settings and name of the phone back. You can tell this happens because sometimes when we looked at logs an iPhone X was named John's iPhone 6s, but the point is that the head unit sees the name of the device and then also the bluetooth address and sometimes the same name with a different bluetooth address can cause connectivity issues. If this doesn't work I would contacting Apple and asking to have an RTA filed with engineering, which will collect logs and provide a fix.
Sound advice!
Old 10-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Too many to count
Originally Posted by GLK63AMG
I would un-pair the phone through Settings>Bluetooth and then I would also go in and change the name of your phone by going into Settings>General>About>Name and also make sure you remove the pairing record on the MBUX side of things as well. Once you have done all these steps I would re-pair the phone and see if that resolves the issue. I used to work in engineering for Apple and bluetooth issues always came with new software updates and one year Cheverolet vehicles had a huge issue that was resolved after three to four months. A lot of times people will have a phone and then they get a new phone and restore a backup from the phone, which brings all the settings and name of the phone back. You can tell this happens because sometimes when we looked at logs an iPhone X was named John's iPhone 6s, but the point is that the head unit sees the name of the device and then also the bluetooth address and sometimes the same name with a different bluetooth address can cause connectivity issues. If this doesn't work I would contacting Apple and asking to have an RTA filed with engineering, which will collect logs and provide a fix.
Didn’t work unfortunately. What is an RTA and how would one file that for this issue? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:39 AM

2020 GLC 300 4Matic
You will want to call Apple support number no it’s called a request for technical assistance. You will get transferred to the right department.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:42 PM

Too many to count
Just to update this for anybody else having the issue...I took it to my MB dealer, they updated it which fixed the phone, but media over Bluetooth still doesn't work. I called MB USA and it took them a few weeks, but they got in touch with somebody high up in engineering internally and then I heard back from MB USA customer service and they said they are aware of it and there will be an update for the car out before the end of this year. I also called Apple as GLK63AMG said and they actually did exactly what he said and had me install a profile and run through it while it wasn't working which sent them back data which apparently is going to allow them to fix it on their end. Hopefully they weren't making stuff up and one of them fixes it soon.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:22 PM

2020 GLC 300 4Matic
iOS 14

Sounds good. They most likely will come back and say the issue is under investigation and to keep your software updated. The good thing is Apple is not afraid and has the ability to continually release updates. Last year I had a problem with my Bluetooth in the car and Hey Siri. I reported around October and they resolved in first half of December.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:29 AM

Too many to count
Just an update...I updated my phone to iOS 14.1 and it’s still not working, but I noticed it will randomly start working very rarely every now and then. I’m getting the 11 Pro Max in a few weeks so I wonder if that might fix it by chance.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:26 AM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Just an update...I updated my phone to iOS 14.1 and it’s still not working, but I noticed it will randomly start working very rarely every now and then. I’m getting the 11 Pro Max in a few weeks so I wonder if that might fix it by chance.
I have an 11 Pro Max and it has worked impeccably. Now convincing me to upgrade???
Old 10-26-2020, 11:37 AM

Too many to count
I have an 11 Pro Max and it has worked impeccably. Now convincing me to upgrade???
What model year is your GLC? Do you have the COMAND/multimedia system? We have the same phone, I'm curious if we have the same car. What iOS version is your phone on?

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:22 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
What model year is your GLC? Do you have the COMAND/multimedia system? We have the same phone, I'm curious if we have the same car. What iOS version is your phone on?

Thanks.
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC SUV/GLC300W4. No, I have MBUX multimedia system.. I have used iOS 14.0 and iOS 14.1 so far with no issues.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:23 PM

Too many to count
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC SUV/GLC300W4. No, I have MBUX multimedia system.. I have used iOS 14.0 and iOS 14.1 so far with no issues.
Yeah I drove a 2020 GLC loaner while mine was in the shop for this and the MBUX didn't have the issue. It seems to affect the COMAND systems. I'm curious if there is someone out there with a pre-MBUX system and an iPhone 11 on iOS 14 where bluetooth audio WORKS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iOS 14 Bluetooth not working?