GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 07:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
'14 E550, '14 911 C4S Cab, '12 ML350
Originally Posted by thenew3
Maybe someone can come up with a quick disconnect switch that can be installed on the cable connecting the battery. Could make a pretty penny if enough folks have issues
My computer can be reset without unplugging it. Certainly, a similar system could be devised. Of course, the first step is for the manufacturer to admit that there's a problem.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:59 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
GLC63S
Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
My computer can be reset without unplugging it. Certainly, a similar system could be devised. Of course, the first step is for the manufacturer to admit that there's a problem.

Does holding down the favorites (star) and telephone button down at the same time for a few seconds reset the entertainment equipment ?

Last edited by Henry Stark; 12-09-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
There's no fuse for the OBC? It requires disconnecting the battery?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by thenew3
There's no fuse for the OBC? It requires disconnecting the battery?
There must be a fuse, but the battery disconnect method takes only 2 minutes.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE300d
Report here guys. After two or three visits they fixed GLE, so there are no more AC problems, no more wierd shifting and not starting the car issues. I do not know exactly what did they do, sorry. Works great now.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Repairs

Originally Posted by OldSkulRide
Report here guys. After two or three visits they fixed GLE, so there are no more AC problems, no more wierd shifting and not starting the car issues. I do not know exactly what did they do, sorry. Works great now.
The invoice you received would say what they did. You might post for the benefit of others with similar issues.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
That would be awesome, I still feel the shifting is odd and was planning on taking her in after the holidays
Old 01-09-2020, 05:26 PM

Mercedes GLE350
GLE 350 Wouldn't start

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
So car would turn on, but not start. MBUX working. Multiple error messages - "Blind Spot Assist inoperative," "Parking brake," "Malfunction - see Owner's manual." Jump start did nothing. Disconnecting and reconnecting battery got it started again (when in doubt, reboot!). At the dealer now; will report back. Hopefully, just a software issue.
Wow! This exact thing happened to me this weekend, however we were in MEXICO! Drove down to Baja from Los Angeles Stopped for lunch, got back in the car and it would not start. Like you mentioned we had the same error messages, parking brake, Blind spot assist inoperative. It was a nightmare due to the fact we were in Mexico. I had vsions of having to tow this car across the border and wondered how we would find a tow truck driver in Baja with a passport! UGH!!! Ruined our trip! No tools, nothing in the car. A man on a tractor stopped and gave us some tools so that my husband could unplug the battery. That seemed to do the trick as we were able to start the car. It has now been at the Mercedes dealer for 4 days. Did you ever find out the reason this happened?
Old 01-09-2020, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Failure to restart

Originally Posted by Linseylatimer
Wow! This exact thing happened to me this weekend, however we were in MEXICO! Drove down to Baja from Los Angeles Stopped for lunch, got back in the car and it would not start. Like you mentioned we had the same error messages, parking brake, Blind spot assist inoperative. It was a nightmare due to the fact we were in Mexico. I had vsions of having to tow this car across the border and wondered how we would find a tow truck driver in Baja with a passport! UGH!!! Ruined our trip! No tools, nothing in the car. A man on a tractor stopped and gave us some tools so that my husband could unplug the battery. That seemed to do the trick as we were able to start the car. It has now been at the Mercedes dealer for 4 days. Did you ever find out the reason this happened?
No specific reason was ever given, but after the second time and trip to the shop (14 days total), no issues in the last 5 months & 5,000 miles. They did updates to the EIS, ESP, ME & fuel pump software.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE, R8, MYP
Originally Posted by Linseylatimer
wow sorry this happened to you in mexico. Glad you were able to disconnect the battery to get yourselves going again. After about 3 hours, our car reset itself. The tow truck driver arrived to tow the car and double checked the issue and the car started right back up. He mustve thought I was a crazy person, but he said he's seen at least one other 2020 GLE do this, and they disconnected the battery under the driver seat to get the car started back up. I still took it to the dealer the next day and showed them videos and photos of the issue(s) . They kept the car for 1 day and said they just did a software update and that they couldnt replicate the problem. so basically they didnt fix anything. So now I just feel like i'm driving a ticking time bomb. I guess I should put some simple tools in my car including a 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery in case this happens again.

Old 01-09-2020, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperspeed
wow sorry this happened to you in mexico. Glad you were able to disconnect the battery to get yourselves going again. After about 3 hours, our car reset itself. The tow truck driver arrived to tow the car and double checked the issue and the car started right back up. He mustve thought I was a crazy person, but he said he's seen at least one other 2020 GLE do this, and they disconnected the battery under the driver seat to get the car started back up. I still took it to the dealer the next day and showed them videos and photos of the issue(s) . They kept the car for 1 day and said they just did a software update and that they couldnt replicate the problem. so basically they didnt fix anything. So now I just feel like i'm driving a ticking time bomb. I guess I should put some simple tools in my car including a 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery in case this happens again.
Yes, carry that wrench. My wife was even able to do it second time by herself. The software updates they did for me worked, so you may be okay as well.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:39 PM

GLE
ALREADY Service A due after two months?

I got an indication message regarding "service A".
It has been only two months with around 1500 miles after purchasing.
Is it already a service A due ?
or
Is it a wrong message?

This message is on and gone after 1-2 seconds.
Does anyone experience the same or similar issue?
Old 01-09-2020, 07:03 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE

Has anyone seen this error yet? Apparently this is for the E-ABC. It appeared this morning. When I restarted the car, it went away and came back on once I got on the highway. I'm referring to the yellow spring icon and the warning message in the middle. Sorry if it's fuzzy. Passenger had a hard time taking the pic.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Suspension error

Originally Posted by tinman831

Has anyone seen this error yet? Apparently this is for the E-ABC. It appeared this morning. When I restarted the car, it went away and came back on once I got on the highway. I'm referring to the yellow spring icon and the warning message in the middle. Sorry if it's fuzzy. Passenger had a hard time taking the pic.
"AIRMATIC / E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL is malfunctioning. Note the messages on the multifunction display."
Old 01-09-2020, 07:28 PM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
"AIRMATIC / E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL is malfunctioning. Note the messages on the multifunction display."
Yeah I saw it in the display. Just curious if anyone else has seen this or has any solution for it. I'm hoping its a software issue rather than a mechanical one.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
None
has anyone's brakes started screeching yet? it's usually when i'm just about finished slowing down to a complete stop. it has less than 1,000 miles on it so i'm surprised i'm experiencing this. how do i deal with it?
Old 01-09-2020, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Virginbenz
has anyone's brakes started screeching yet? it's usually when i'm just about finished slowing down to a complete stop. it has less than 1,000 miles on it so i'm surprised i'm experiencing this. how do i deal with it?
No, never had brake noise on my MBs in 22 years. Get that looked at. Could be just debris in between the pad and caliper.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:43 AM
Banned

A
Originally Posted by Virginbenz
Mine are screeching quite a lot, I will wash the wheel down with Sonax this weekend and it will surely go away
Old 01-10-2020, 02:45 PM

2020 GLE 350
Question 2020 GLE 350 Rear AC Control Issues

There has been rear control AC issues since purchasing April 2019. At first MB said they were working on a fix, now not so sure. The second row ac control will control the whole car and disallow control of the ac from the front row (and vice versa). It has been brought into a local MB dealership 4+ times with no fix. Technician noted only one ac motor exists in the front vs in the second row also, possibly disallowing separate controls to exist. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-10-2020, 06:25 PM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by tinman831

Just updating this post. The issue came up yesterday after driving home from work on the highway. Going over bumps, I was hearing what sounded like sloppy suspension noise. Turns out a strut was blown according to the technician. Dealer is going to take care of it but hopefully this isn’t going to be a common issue.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:09 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Yikes, how does a strut get blown.....and so quickly?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 PM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by guitarplayer
Yikes, how does a strut get blown.....and so quickly?
I’m not sure. My commute is literally a 30 minute highway commute two times a week. Hopefully it was just a manufacturing defect and doesn’t reflect on the overall build quality of the GLE.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
None
Originally Posted by bad habit
Mine are screeching quite a lot, I will wash the wheel down with Sonax this weekend and it will surely go away
is the screeching mostly brake dust? funny enough, i washed it with Meguiars just the other week so i'm surprised i'm hearing this bit.
let me know whether your Sonax works much better after you've washed it down.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Banned

A
Zero noise after the Sonax cleaner. It must be brake dust because it keeps coming back after a while.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:51 PM

GLE
Question When is the First Service for GLE 2020?

I got an indication message regarding "service A".
It has been only two months with around 1500 miles after purchasing.
Is it already a service A due ?
or
Is it a wrong message?

This message is on and gone after 1-2 seconds.
Does anyone experience the same or similar issue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLE issues