Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK 320 downs a pair of Acuras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
CLK 320 downs a pair of Acuras

Ok, so its Christmas Eve and i cant sleep well, and i've got some kills i havent posted yet.

There's this really long, open stretch of highway that i commute on to my part time job when i'm home for breaks from school. I normally drive it at a pretty good clip when im going to and from work as long as the weather is good. Anyways, last week i was driving through Elizabethton (smaller town outside the small town of Johnson City, TN) when i noticed this red Acura RSX type-S driving franticly through traffic (as most ricers do). I minded my own business and got out on the highway. This guy (or so i thought) came flying up behind me onto my rear bumper as i was waiting for this SUV in the left lane to move over. The RSX swung wide to the right and tried to squeeze between the SUV in front of me and the car it was passing, no luck, so it was back to tailgating me
The SUV *finally* passes the car and im off, doing about 75 or so in a 65. The RSX falls back for a while, but soon catches up while im cruising along and gets on my right hand side. I notice a few things about the car that surprise/amuse me.
1: Ricey looking black wheels and a hawaiian lei hanging from the windshield
2: Girl driving, looking over at me with this really serious "i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time" expression.

She nails it, and after a brief pause, i hit it too, catching her before my front was at her door handle and making short order of leaving her 3~4 car lengths back by 115 mph. My interchange is now coming up so i slow down, get in the merge lane, and wait for the ricer fly by. Not only does she fly by, but she swerves into my lane in front of me and has to break really hard to get slowed down by the time we hit the on ramp. She later tried to lick her wounds by showing off on the next highway, only to gun it right up to the back of an unmarked police cruiser before again slamming on the brakes and somehow avoid getting pulled. I saw her again at a stoplight the next day, she still looked pissed, probably because i was still amused.

Second event
Two days later, same road. Old white 2.5 TL is lagging in the left lane. I try to pass him so he guns it but it doesnt really make a difference, i pass him easily and he gets behind me and starts tailing me (what is it with these freaking acura drivers????). This is when i notice that he has a HUGE roof banner thats says HONDA in graffitti letters . i move to the left to pass a car and he tries to zip around the car and get back on the right lane and pass me, no dice. Same story pretty much, only i floored it only for a few seconds and he was back enough for me to change lanes. The guy didnt look happy, and as soon as we got on the next highway he did his fly by and went on his way.

We all know that the CLK320 isnt all that quick a car compared to AMGs, but it will still give *most* ricers a serious attitude adjustment.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 honda civic lx
interesting stories.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
Hmmmm nice stories!!
I always wondered how E/CLK 320's would do against RSX-S... I guess I wont be afraid of losing if I run into one!!

Iron Sheik
Old 12-25-2005, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I thought the RSX type-S was a low 15 sec car. Is your 320 modded?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Piece of SH*T
It's funny most of the time I read these "kill" stories..it's always against a honda/acura...But I bet they won't post up a "I got killed" story if they got "killed" by one these or any other cars haha... I gotta admit my car is slow that's why I just cruise I'll leave the racing to my sportbike
Old 12-25-2005, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by newton22
I thought the RSX type-S was a low 15 sec car. Is your 320 modded?
The 320 is a low 15 sec car too, at least on the W208s. The 209s are slower because they are considerably more heavy.
Stats on a w208 CLK 320
0-60: 6.8 sec
1/4 mile: 15.2

My car is mainly modded with a suspension, but i have underdrive pulleys which probably add between 5~7 HP so nothing major. You also have to remember that this was a high speed race (from about 80 to 115) and that is where the Acura's 4-banger comes up really short.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by King320
The 320 is a low 15 sec car too, at least on the W208s. The 209s are slower because they are considerably more heavy.
Stats on a w208 CLK 320
0-60: 6.8 sec
1/4 mile: 15.2

My car is mainly modded with a suspension, but i have underdrive pulleys which probably add between 5~7 HP so nothing major. You also have to remember that this was a high speed race (from about 80 to 115) and that is where the Acura's 4-banger comes up really short.
Giggidy damn. Even the S430 is slower. I'm beginning to wonder if I can beat anything at all. :p
Old 12-25-2005, 11:01 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by CLKonDUBS
It's funny most of the time I read these "kill" stories..it's always against a honda/acura...But I bet they won't post up a "I got killed" story if they got "killed" by one these or any other cars haha... I gotta admit my car is slow that's why I just cruise I'll leave the racing to my sportbike

haha, i got killed by one, a TL... first 2 gears i had them bc the c230 has nice torque in low-end rpms... after that the car caught up and was passing, but there was traffic ahead so never really "beat" me, but it sure woudl have...
Old 12-26-2005, 06:51 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

I've found many sport bikes to be easy prey. Maybe I haven't run against any really fast one's. What are you riding?
Old 12-26-2005, 08:34 PM

1998 C43(gone, will be missed), Current car = CES Stage 2 Turbo M3
I used to own a 02 type S and up top was where all my power really was so must admit im suprised you put several car lengths on one.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 AM

Piece of SH*T
Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
I've found many sport bikes to be easy prey. Maybe I haven't run against any really fast one's. What are you riding?
I just ride an R1 that's all..remember it's all on how you ride and NOT what you ride....
Old 12-28-2005, 07:12 AM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

I just ride an R1 that's all..remember it's all on how you ride and NOT what you ride....
I am not very bike savvy. What are the cc's for a R1? Better yet, what is a R1?