Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Encounter with a classic: a Shelby GT500!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by TopCarbon
Read my posts. I think I have been civil and factual. I have not disrespected anybody (personally).
No?

now there is a really bright statement.:smas h::ra nt:
Used Douche Bag.
man, you guys hate eachother a lot over here.
Hold on, I bet he played a lot of games on his Playstation to give us a qaulified driving opinion.
You should check yourself into a clinic.
you guys are nothing but a bunch of internet bullies.
You guys make me laugh.
No, definitely no disrespect in any of those posts....

And those don't even include the times you've chimed into other people's kill stories and said, basically (as in this thread), "Why would anyone want to race a Mercedes?"

Yes, why would anyone want to race some of the fastest cars on the road?

Of course, my opinions may be different than yours or others, but I have responded respectfully.

If the mods think that I dont belong because of my posts, BAN ME. I am okay with it.
I would be OK with it too, as I really don't see any contribution on your part. You've clearly got some chip on your shoulder and some gripe about AMG owners, because we dared to argue with your buddy allanlardass.

And you've been here ever since, taking snide little potshots at people and peeing on their birthday cakes.

Wtf is it that possesses a grown man to act like this? Don't you have anything better to do than to be annoying to people?

As you said in one of your posts: you need to grow the hell up.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
ROFLMFAOOOOO... Props to Improviz for that last post! The proof is right there... AMEN TO THAT.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM

W203 C230k '05
(Radio Static) PSHSHSHSHSHSH!!! calling CH and Jrocket PSHSHSHSHHSHSH!!

We got a grill right here with your favorite food on it "Grilled Pwned!!!"

J/K people Im just trying to laugh Im bored

Ok continue with the topic
Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM

vw
Originally Posted by Improviz
You've clearly got some chip on your shoulder and some gripe about AMG owners, because we dared to argue with your buddy allanlardass.

And you've been here ever since, taking snide little potshots at people and peeing on their birthday cakes.

Wtf is it that possesses a grown man to act like this? Don't you have anything better to do than to be annoying to people?

As you said in one of your posts: you need to grow the hell up.
no chip here.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
OK, it looks like we have another language problem in the making. Anyone interested in a vacation? Have pen in hand and am ready to sign.

Thanx for your attention.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Almost a Member!

8 second bathtub
Can you feel the love floatin around the room right now?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Almost a Member!

8 second bathtub
BTW, is it just me or is anyone else having an EXTREMELY difficult time focusing on the thread with the OPs sig bouncing around all over the place?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlizZard
I'm sorry to say this, but you don't know jack S**T about Lamborghini. The new LP640 does 0-60 in 3.4. Even the old Murcielago(0-60 in 3.8) can beat the c63
Sure, if the driver in question can launch and shift as good as C&D's test driver, the Murci has a 0.1 second edge to 60!!

Wrt the Motor Trend article, neither one of you are right:
Link to Motor Trend test:
ACCELERATION TO MPH
0-30 1.8 sec
0-40 2.5
0-50 3.1
0-60 3.7
0-70 4.8
0-80 5.6
0-90 6.6
0-100 8
PASSING 45-65 MPH 1.5 sec
QUARTER MILE 11.8 @ 124.0 mph

Other publications have done better, though...Road & Track got 3.4 0-60 in the ragtop version, Car & Driver got 3.5, also in the ragtop.

But one interesting result is that Car & Driver's rolling 5-60 mph time for the Lambo was 4.1 seconds, while for the C63 it was 4.2, indicating that if you take the Lambo's AWD launch advantage out of the equation, the results may well be a bit closer than the Lambo owner would like!

Of course, once you get up top, it'd be all V12, but it is impressive that the C63 makes such a respectable showing against one of the world's top supercars.

Oh, and wtf all of this has to do with my running a 1967 Shelby GT500, I'd sure like to know....maybe someday this thread will go back on topic!

Last edited by Improviz; 12-02-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 AM

2006 G500 Grand Edition
Sure, if the driver in question can launch and shift as good as C&D's test driver, the Murci has a 0.1 second edge to 60!!

ACCELERATION TO MPH
0-30 1.8 sec
0-40 2.5
0-50 3.1
0-60 3.7
0-70 4.8
0-80 5.6
0-90 6.6
0-100 8

Other publications have done better, though...Road & Track got 3.4 0-60 in the ragtop version, Car & Driver got 3.5, also in the ragtop.

But one interesting result is that Car & Driver's rolling 5-60 mph time for the Lambo was 4.1 seconds, while for the C63 it was 4.2, indicating that if you take the Lambo's AWD launch advantage out of the equation, the results may well be a bit closer than the Lambo owner would like!

Of course, once you get up top, it'd be all V12, but it is impressive that the C63 makes such a respectable showing against one of the world's top supercars.

Oh, and wtf all of this has to do with my running a 1967 Shelby GT500, I'd sure like to know....maybe someday this thread will go back on topic!
If your talking about random sites, I've seen as low as 3.3 a couple of times too But officially, the LP640 stands at 3.4 seconds FLAT and that's that.
And say that the c63 was as fast as it, the Lamborghini would murder it on a track, and thats being modest
Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
If your talking about random sites, I've seen as low as 3.3 a couple of times too But officially, the LP640 stands at 3.4 seconds FLAT and that's that.
I'm not talking about "random sites", I'm quoting what the car has been tested at by the three top American mags. And you aren't the FINAL WORD on the subject; the numbers are, and if you'd take that chip off of your shoulder long enough to thoroughly read what I wrote, you'd see that the numbers are much closer to yours than to his, even though they're not identical.

And say that the c63 was as fast as it, the Lamborghini would murder it on a track, and thats being modest
Which has zip to do with the comparative acceleration of it and a C63, but you're obviously not fond of staying on topic anyway, so this is about par for the course.

Again, if you read what I wrote, I clearly stated that the Lambo would win, especially up high. The point is that the C63 makes a very respectable showing against this supercar, which was the original poster's point. Complaining about it doesn't change the fact that it makes a respectable showing.

Now please: stop hijacking this thread!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
yea, american mags. wtf do they know about Italian cars?
One helluvalot more than you do, I would think.

I'm going to believe what american mags say or what Lamborghini says about their OWN car?
Yes, of course; why would anyone pay attention to actual test data for a car or for actual times it ran?? That's how Carl Lewis won the gold, after all; by telling people how fast he was! Why would anyone need to verify it?

And I did read what you wrote
Well, reading is one thing; comprehending is quite another, isn't it?

and saw that what YOU think
i.e., my daring to cite actual measured acceleration times for the cars...

is closer to what it really is then to what nocturnal-g thinks, Bravo, I'm going to give you a cookie for that
Words cannot express my gratification, nor my pride in discovering that you can actually read.

The c63 is an amazing car, but can't be compared to the LP, so stop trying.
If its 5-60 is 0.1 apart, it sure can.

Oh, and I personally know nocturnal-g, this post was more towards him, it was a joke, but you wouldn't know that, don't worry SH*T HAPPENS!!!

Please, this thread died a month ago, im not hijacking sh*t

With every post, you manage to raise the bar for maturity and thoughtful dialogue....nicely done.

We should have an age limit on these forums...no more teens.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-03-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Thumbs up

Just noticed this thread. Nice write up Improviz and great pics. A great looking car. Reminds me of Eleanor in the remake of Gone in Sixty Seconds.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:57 PM

2006 G500 Grand Edition

ACCELERATION TO MPH
0-30 1.8 sec
0-40 2.5
0-50 3.1
0-60 3.7
0-70 4.8
0-80 5.6
0-90 6.6
0-100 8

I'm sorry, but were you talking about the Murcielago or Murcielago LP640?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 AM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
could be.

Thus far, no one has challenged me, which I am okay with. I might be laughing uncontrolably as I get my doors blown.
I CHALLENGE! And just so that U can see what happened to the last Lambo that tangled with me:

And Lance Briggs can confirm!

Want further proof???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYenWHy9jHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr6l0G4-BPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUH-yekhNM

U think U got the POWER? Meet me at the Sears Tower!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
OK, it looks like we have another language problem in the making. Anyone interested in a vacation? Have pen in hand and am ready to sign.

Thanx for your attention.
Oh sweet...where are we going? Can we go to The Carribean? Nekkid beaches.