S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

New member here transmission question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 s550
New member here transmission question

I just bought a 2007 s550 from the original owner very cheap. He told me he thought it needed a intelligent servo module because it went up years ago and he was having problems with it lately. He stated that it wouldnt go into forward or reverse. Low and behold when i went and checked it out the car it went into gear and drive fine. Now 4 days later after owning it and driving it the transmission finally did it and didnt go into gear. You can move it into gears but it wont go anywhere. I hooked my autel ms906ts up to it and had a code about lost communication with tcm. After doing alot of searching is this a conductor plate issue???? Engine codes
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 AM

2019 ES300h
This module failed on my car a couple months ago. The dealers are obligated to interrogate the transmission, refer the results to Germany, and proceed as directed. My failure was caused by corrosion of the connectors for the ECU on the panel. Repairs were under CPO warranty.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 PM

2007 s550
Originally Posted by jfz219
This module failed on my car a couple months ago. The dealers are obligated to interrogate the transmission, refer the results to Germany, and proceed as directed. My failure was caused by corrosion of the connectors for the ECU on the panel. Repairs were under CPO warranty.
Which module did you replace??? I ordered an already programmed to my vin conductor plate off of ebay. I guess i'll see what happens. I checked for power and ground at the transmissiin connector and its all there. Hopefully this fixes it

Last edited by Cjs550; 08-22-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
This looks like a dead servo to me. Or at least that is where I would begin troubleshooting the problem.
The following users liked this post:
vettebk (04-27-2022)
Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM

2007 s550
Originally Posted by alx
This looks like a dead servo to me. Or at least that is where I would begin troubleshooting the problem.
I was thinking that at one point but i thought a bad servo module wouldnt let it out of gear at all. The car comes out of gear it just doesnt move at all once you do. I been erased the stored code and it doesnt come back but the tcm code never disappears at all.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:44 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cjs550
I was thinking that at one point but i thought a bad servo module wouldnt let it out of gear at all. The car comes out of gear it just doesnt move at all once you do. I been erased the stored code and it doesnt come back but the tcm code never disappears at all.
a bad servo will show car in park/ reverse/ neutral/ drive, but the tranny will stay in park.

do the following - put car in "drive" and have a helper try to push car from behind. does it move? it is your conductor plate. does it stay in place because the park paw is engaged in the tranny? - it is your servo.

also, the conductor plate is mated/ parameterized for life with the valve body at the factory. you cannot just swap conductor plates even if coded to your vin. the old tcu needs to be read and copied to the new tcu.

Last edited by alx; 08-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:19 AM

2007 s550
Originally Posted by alx
a bad servo will show car in park/ reverse/ neutral/ drive, but the tranny will stay in park.

do the following - put car in "drive" and have a helper try to push car from behind. does it move? it is your conductor plate. does it stay in place because the park paw is engaged in the tranny? - it is your servo.

also, the conductor plate is mated/ parameterized for life with the valve body at the factory. you cannot just swap conductor plates even if coded to your vin. the old tcu needs to be read and copied to the new tcu.
no the car moves and everything i had to put it in neutral and put it in my shop. I ordered my conductor plate/tcm from the same person this guy ordered his from https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ap-repair.html he did the same thing i did you give them your vin and they do whatever it is they do
Old 08-23-2017, 01:42 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

no the car moves and everything i had to put it in neutral and put it in my shop. I ordered my conductor plate/tcm from the same person this guy ordered his from https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ap-repair.html he did the same thing i did you give them your vin and they do whatever it is they do
So it is possible it is your conductor plate. But then again- this is not how the conductor plate is replaced. Every valve body is flow tested and specific unique config is uploaded in the tcu at the factory. If you cannot read the old tcu config and copy it to the new tcu the mating will be a dice roll. Most often it doesn't work or works partially or works and then fails. If old config cannot be read you need to replace conductor plate and valve body together. If a "coder" is coding conductor plate to your vin but is not asking for your old conductor plate he is doing you a disservice. Moreover some earlier versions of 722.9 conductor plates cannot be replaced individually at all (even if you can read he old config) and can be replaced only as a conductor plate/ valve body pair.

Last edited by alx; 08-23-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:20 AM

2007 s550
Originally Posted by alx
So it is possible it is your conductor plate. But then again- this is not how the conductor plate is replaced. Every valve body is flow tested and specific unique config is uploaded in the tcu at the factory. If you cannot read the old tcu config and copy it to the new tcu the mating will be a dice roll. Most often it doesn't work or works partially or works and then fails. If old config cannot be read you need to replace conductor plate and valve body together. If a "coder" is coding conductor plate to your vin but is not asking for your old conductor plate he is doing you a disservice. Moreover some earlier versions of 722.9 conductor plates cannot be replaced individually at all (even if you can read he old config) and can be replaced only as a conductor plate/ valve body pair.
ok alx the new conductor plate came today i installed it and nothing changed it still said no communication with tcm. I then found a diagram online of the tcm connector and decided i should trace out the two can wires in the harness. There are two wires one blue and one blue with a white stripe. I traced them through the car all the way to the driver side underneath the seat. There is some type of distribution type box thats under the seat that if i wiggled and played with the wires my computer would then read the tcm. So the whole time i didnt need a tcm it was a wiring issue. I took the car for a test drive and now im getting a p0721 code for the speed sensor and its going into limp mode. Ready to put my old conductor plate back in I need to knkw what this is called the blue and blue and white wires are the can wires for the ism and the tcm
Old 04-27-2022, 03:43 PM

C63 w204
ok alx the new conductor plate came today i installed it and nothing changed it still said no communication with tcm. I then found a diagram online of the tcm connector and decided i should trace out the two can wires in the harness. There are two wires one blue and one blue with a white stripe. I traced them through the car all the way to the driver side underneath the seat. There is some type of distribution type box thats under the seat that if i wiggled and played with the wires my computer would then read the tcm. So the whole time i didnt need a tcm it was a wiring issue. I took the car for a test drive and now im getting a p0721 code for the speed sensor and its going into limp mode. Ready to put my old conductor plate back in I need to knkw what this is called the blue and blue and white wires are the can wires for the ism and the tcm
Any solution ?