S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

DAS Offline Programming & Telematics Update, DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 09:28 AM

Location: In a national park (forest) just outside of Warsaw, Poland
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S-Class W221
Mark; thanks for getting back to me. I had a look and yes - I have the "flashen" folder which looks similar to the one you sent so hopefully it will work. I've backed up my system but need to get brave before I attempt this! Actually my system is running under Windows 10 (not virtual). This, I suspect, has caused one issue that i've yet to sort out. I can't connect to the c4 wirelessly. I suspect that this is because Microsoft no longer supports Ad Hoc network connections in Windows 10 & 11. My WiFi card used to support them but this functionality has now been removed from the driver. I'm hunting for an old driver to see if I can get round the problem that way. I found one from Intel but it implementing became another issue. Windows thinks it's so smart that it just won't allow old drivers to be installed and if you do manage then the first thing that happens is Windows replaces them with newer versions. I really hate this; its my PC I should be able to run what I want! I will find a way.... In addition Microsoft in its wisdom also doesn't support WEP encryption on Hotspot connections so that is never going to work. In terms of an infrastructure connection (Workshop) I'm baffled as I can load all the correct parameters as far as I can tell but the C4 just won't connect. I've tried fixed IP and DHCP with no luck. I'm still working on this but not really actively as I'm out of ideas.

Funny you have an issue with your passenger mirror heater; I do too. Here it matters we get -10C (14F) or lower in the Winter. Another thing to add to list of things to sort.

BTW; I got the Carplay interface going. Nice. Now I can use Google maps so no need for Mercedes non-existent map updates any more. I can also play music from my phone and access all my other apps. Great upgrade, I would recommend.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 863 Likes on 721 Posts
S500
Originally Posted by martinjcheetham

Funny you have an issue with your passenger mirror heater; I do too. Here it matters we get -10C (14F) or lower in the Winter. Another thing to add to list of things to sort.
its not funny - they do what I said "use budget designed to self explode door mirror heater circuits"
Old 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 651 Likes on 448 Posts
04 E55 AMG (totaled), 07 S550 4Matic, 14 E63S
Originally Posted by mcypert
As BOTUS said, don’t worry too much about all the fault codes. Just clear, drive, and see what comes back. (BTW… my passenger mirror heater is “open circuit”. Real bummer down here at 26* latitude… LOL.)
Ha, mine too. I assume I can slap new mirror glass in there? WIS says I can....
Old 02-23-2024, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I think every Merc that's ever been made, came with a chocolate door mirror heater on the passenger side - every one I know has needed one
Old 02-24-2024, 05:11 AM

Location: In a national park (forest) just outside of Warsaw, Poland
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S-Class W221
How bizarre is that? I've had good results with Chinese stuff so I'm gonna go with a cheap mirror glass and see what happens. Maybe the Chinese have figured out how to make them properly.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 w140, 07 S550
Originally Posted by BOTUS
post #187 had this

left Europe W221s - next Europe CL W219s - then USA - then goodness knows far east weird beard is current thinking

Hi Botus,

Do you know which one is for CL - USA market? I have both a w221 and w216 and both need command update - they haven't been updated since 2006/7.

As this wasn't enough, i just found out my 2015 Xentry does not have the offline programming - now dealing with getting the offline programming added.

There's no break for the working man
Old 05-05-2024, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by Arlind86
Hi Botus,

Do you know which one is for CL - USA market? I have both a w221 and w216 and both need command update - they haven't been updated since 2006/7.
interesting thought - not aware of a different disc for USA mkt on that model - its weird they did something different in Europe.... don't forget to follow up with turning back on the AC (goodness knows why it disables it) and then the clock fix disc
Old 06-06-2024, 08:07 AM

CLK430, W221 S500
Hi, completly new here. I've followed this post forum from top to bottem and wanted to ask someone that could help me.

My command ntg3 has developed and issue where it resets to factory everytime the vehicle is started.
Could this be due to the hard drive dying ( my navigation does not work anymore)?
Could updating the command help on maybe fixing it ?
Would it be smarter to just get a brand new used command and switch it with mine.

I intend on using a carplay module in the future but at the moment, the system reseting its self constalty is quite annoying even more so that it changes the language from english to german which im not fluent in yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
they tend to do this when they overheat - but its not one we see come up on 221s very often - the fans failing is normal on early comand units in other models
the harddrive idea was new to cars when these came out at the end of 2005 - and they die - the more miles / hrs of use the more likely
the early versions where FULL of bugs and did crash and do weird and wonderful things so it we thing the two above are not the issue and having gone in the engineering menus you can see its on a really early version trying to update might help - but might finish off if already flaky

look at this post - promising long term clock fix - it opens on how to get at Eng. menus and the right files to make a clock fix disc (that's not the one to update the whole unit)

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...ml#post8468441

mods inform me forever editing and the stupid quick lock to stop tiding post and fixing spelling once its big enough to see is gone for good (unless you contact a mod for help)

Last edited by BOTUS; 06-06-2024 at 08:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kevm14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 10:51 AM

CLK430, W221 S500
Do you maybe know where I could get the file to be able to make an update CD? *Europe *

My commands is 22187002686 and I assume it was never updated.

When it comes to updating the clock is that something that is seperate to the normal telematics update?
Old 06-06-2024, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 651 Likes on 448 Posts
04 E55 AMG (totaled), 07 S550 4Matic, 14 E63S
I have the BenzNinja but I try not to be lazy (and I'm an engineer anyway), to learn how things work. Maybe it is covered in this thread, but a buddy got a new to him 09 CLK550 (C209) and it is annoying him with teleaid warnings that he has to clear each drive. My Launch Creader Benz Elite or whatever can't seem to access coding in the ICM (well, one of the menus doesn't work I guess) and I don't see any relevant codings in the gateway, either. Through DAS I guess you go in through the ICM, per these instructions:
Disable TeleAid SOS Malfunction Warning using Mercedes Benz Star Diagnostic

Using Star Diagnostic you will need to change TeleAid coding from PRESENT to NOT PRESENT. By using these instructions you understand that TeleAid will not be available in case of an emergency.

* Model 203, 209, 210 C CLK E Class: In Star Diagnosis:Control Units –> Information and communication –> ICM – Instrument cluster with maintenance interval display –> Troubleshooting by means of complaints or symptoms –> Messages from the emergency call system are displayed in the instrument cluster.
I tried in simulation mode (don't have car near me) and that option was not there. I was going to hook it up for real and see if anything is different but before I do, does anyone have any advice? I have the BenzNinja system (including Vediamo but I should NOT need that here), and that Launch unit that CAN code (just not the ICM apparently). Actually I take that back. I think I can code the ICM, but the specific "coding" menu did not work. Other menus did. I coded the ICM for tire pressure stuff for example. I can code the ECU, too, because I did that. It was errantly coded for an A209 (probably a used ECU from an ~07 convertible I guess?) which was giving a code for lack of heater control valve. Well, this car doesn't have one. So after coding it correctly to C209 and no heater control valve, the error disappeared. The Launch tool did this fine and it seemed way more convenient than any laptop-based software.

Last edited by kevm14; 06-06-2024 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by Simson803
Do you maybe know where I could get the file to be able to make an update CD? *Europe *

My commands is 22187002686 and I assume it was never updated.

When it comes to updating the clock is that something that is separate to the normal telematics update?
its not a case of pop in a CD and all's good - you have to get the car in the right mood (with dealer kit) to do the right thing and then when done the AC is turned off - and need dealer tools to re-enable
because the update is 16 years old the clock fix needed since 2019 is yet another disc after the telematics update