S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

what do you use the most? the least?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:27 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,409 Likes on 2,852 Posts
2012 CLS63
Question what do you use the most? the least?

Greetings Gents......I have officially owned my 550 one year now. A lot of threads seem to be negative threads about the car........what do you use the most? what do you use the least? I love the massage seat, the heating elements are great, used that A LOT over the winter, those heated armrests are really nice and very easy to get used to.....the Burmeister is nice to have....cruise control is employed daily as well......I usually drive in sport mode in the sport suspension, for a zippier, better feeling drive, have about 14K miles on the car, and am still really enjoying it don't have a phone, so no BT, never use the NAV, as I usually know where I'm headed.....what about you guys?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,687 Likes on 2,111 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
I really like the ability to control the front passenger seat from the driver's control and use it to move the seat when my granddaughter is in the back. Love the Surround View Camera and would no longer get a new car without it. Can't say enough about the Collision Avoidance and Driver's Assistance Pkg. I just love the cushy headrests and the Warmth & Comfort Pkg with my Exclusive Nappa interior.

I virtually never open the Panorama Roof and truly hate the way it looks. I dislike the automatic parking brake, always shut off the ECO Start/Stop system. I have no idea if the Magic Body Control is doing much of anything, let alone something "magic."

Still, my biggest gripes: 1. No spare or even a place to put one. 2. No option to not get the Pano Roof.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 312 Likes on 215 Posts
2022 EQS580
The option I use the most is Distronic. I love it especially on the interstates. I probably should be using Night Vision a lot more than I do, but for some reason, I either forget to turn it on at night or just plain don't care. I wish the Head Up display was available on the 2014. I know I would always use that feature.

Hyperion, you probably mentioned this before, but are you serious? You don't have a smart phone? I don't think I could do without one these days. In fact, we are getting rid of the house phone line when my contract expires with the provider in 2 months.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
The option I use the most is Distronic. I love it especially on the interstates. I probably should be using Night Vision a lot more than I do, but for some reason, I either forget to turn it on at night or just plain don't care. I wish the Head Up display was available on the 2014. I know I would always use that feature.

Hyperion, you probably mentioned this before, but are you serious? You don't have a smart phone? I don't think I could do without one these days. In fact, we are getting rid of the house phone line when my contract expires with the provider in 2 months.
you can turn NV on to AUTO, it's pretty awesome too, works really well, as does the spotlight.......but I have wondered if the pedestrian can see the spot light spotting them...

and yeah, I love not having a phone........
Old 04-01-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
After a year plus with the car...love the Distronic plus, ventilated seats, comfy headrests, like the nav system more than the nav app on the phone for trips, love the ride comfort, (wish the heads up was on our 2014 model).

Wish the command system was more intuitive, right now it is too distracting to get to some features.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by DaveVY
After a year plus with the car...love the Distronic plus, ventilated seats, comfy headrests, like the nav system more than the nav app on the phone for trips, love the ride comfort, (wish the heads up was on our 2014 model).

Wish the command system was more intuitive, right now it is too distracting to get to some features.
I didn't get the distronic, but sometimes I wish I had it because of the yahoo's that cannot maintain one speedthat bugs me to no end.....
I agree about the command; it can be tricky to cycle through the menu's while in transit.....the voice control is good for changing a CD, and I have my phone pad thing set up with my favorite functions: AC, massage seat, etc.....only road trip I've been on with it was short....200ish miles.....

sit in the back much? very comfortable and spacious........when sitting behind the passenger......I use the back while I wait at school for my kid
Old 04-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I really like the ability to control the front passenger seat from the driver's control and use it to move the seat when my granddaughter is in the back. Love the Surround View Camera and would no longer get a new car without it. Can't say enough about the Collision Avoidance and Driver's Assistance Pkg. I just love the cushy headrests and the Warmth & Comfort Pkg with my Exclusive Nappa interior.

I virtually never open the Panorama Roof and truly hate the way it looks. I dislike the automatic parking brake, always shut off the ECO Start/Stop system. I have no idea if the Magic Body Control is doing much of anything, let alone something "magic."

Still, my biggest gripes: 1. No spare or even a place to put one. 2. No option to not get the Pano Roof.
I think there was a thread a few pages back about the spare tyres. Theres some guide, which has part numbers, on how to retrofit the spare tyre bay. It may be too much hassle but it is a solution if its needed. Here in the UK we get the panoramic roof, which is an extra. I'm guessing that they fit it on all cars for a method of saving money.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by hyperion667
you can turn NV on to AUTO, it's pretty awesome too, works really well, as does the spotlight.......but I have wondered if the pedestrian can see the spot light spotting them...

and yeah, I love not having a phone........
Here I am having owned this car for a year and I did not know that one can have the Night Vision on auto. How do you do this? I imagine it's in the driver info screen somewhere, right?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Here I am having owned this car for a year and I did not know that one can have the Night Vision on auto. How do you do this? I imagine it's in the driver info screen somewhere, right?
Okay, upon further review, I checked and my Night Vision is set on auto. So, exactly when does this feature turn on if it's on auto? I think I did see it turn on a couple times over the past year but I thought it was just a coincidence or a computer glitch. Does it come on if it spots a human or an animal on the side of the road?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:44 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Okay, upon further review, I checked and my Night Vision is set on auto. So, exactly when does this feature turn on if it's on auto? I think I did see it turn on a couple times over the past year but I thought it was just a coincidence or a computer glitch. Does it come on if it spots a human or an animal on the side of the road?
as far as I know, it does, it happened once when I know I didn't have it activated...so that prompted me to investigate.....then I found the option
a great feature IMO
Old 04-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YOU DON'T HAVE A PHONE?!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,687 Likes on 2,111 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by UrBusted
I think there was a thread a few pages back about the spare tyres. Theres some guide, which has part numbers, on how to retrofit the spare tyre bay. It may be too much hassle but it is a solution if its needed. Here in the UK we get the panoramic roof, which is an extra. I'm guessing that they fit it on all cars for a method of saving money.
It's not really a "retrofit," it's more of a Mickey Mouse way to "sort of" cure the problem. It consists of some hold down anchors and straps and a fabric cover for the spare. As of a couple of months ago, MB would not even tell you the frigging part number for a W222 compact spare wheel & tire assembly. But, the W221 spare will fit, so a few of us have found & purchased those spares and have them sitting on TOP of our trunk floors, taking up significant trunk space. This is exactly like the "retrofit" you refer to, less the hold down anchors, straps & cover. The fact of the matter is that there is NO real retrofit for the fact that MB has not and cannot provide an acceptable and customary place, UNDER THE TRUNK FLOOR, for storage of even a simple compact spare. I consider this to be one of the all time worst design decisions MB has ever made. When you take into account that this was done on their huge, flagship sedan, the decision appears to be downright idiotic, but of course, that's just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:49 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Talking

Originally Posted by qtip
YOU DON'T HAVE A PHONE?!
haha, no phone, well, one in my house, that counts!

I do like to change the ambient color a lot too
Old 04-03-2015, 03:27 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by Streamliner
It's not really a "retrofit," it's more of a Mickey Mouse way to "sort of" cure the problem. It consists of some hold down anchors and straps and a fabric cover for the spare. As of a couple of months ago, MB would not even tell you the frigging part number for a W222 compact spare wheel & tire assembly. But, the W221 spare will fit, so a few of us have found & purchased those spares and have them sitting on TOP of our trunk floors, taking up significant trunk space. This is exactly like the "retrofit" you refer to, less the hold down anchors, straps & cover. The fact of the matter is that there is NO real retrofit for the fact that MB has not and cannot provide an acceptable and customary place, UNDER THE TRUNK FLOOR, for storage of even a simple compact spare. I consider this to be one of the all time worst design decisions MB has ever made. When you take into account that this was done on their huge, flagship sedan, the decision appears to be downright idiotic, but of course, that's just my opinion.
I was planning on doing this "retrofit" due to having switched tyres to conventional tyres. If it doesn't fit in that bay then no point of doing it. Guess I'll just have to be really careful when driving or try and get a part made.