Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBZ
W222 Aftermarket Styling Guide

Hey MBWorld,

I figured there may be some owners interested in aftermarket styling for the W222. I made another post in the W222 AMG section outlining what can be done to the car. The 550 is deserving of its own post so hopefully this helps when shopping for style points!

1) Wheels - Stick to a wheel that compliments the existing lines of the car. I'd also recommend BBS, RSV, and Koncept Carbon. BBS is the classic, affordable FlowForm option that keeps the W222 looking stately. RSV Forged is a new contemporary 3-piece wheel brand with designs that say, "I definitely have the nicest wheels on the market". Koncept Carbon utilize a patent pending technology where the center of the wheel is actually multi-directional carbon fiber. The carbon fiber center is titanium bolted to an aluminum barrel to form a 3-piece wheel; typically 4 to 5 lbs lighter than a traditional aluminum forged wheel (and stronger too).

2) Suspension - Go with lowering links. Lowering links lessen the fender gap and are fully adjustable if you ever need to change the ride height. This is an easy and affordable modification to do, even if you change nothing else on the car.

3) Performance - There are ECU tunes which definitely help maximize performance. I'd recommend a Meisterschaft system. They offer a race level GT system, and an electronic valve controlled system. The GT system sounds like a 100 lb rottweiler who hasn't eaten all day...mean! The valve controlled system gives the perfect balance of sound and performance for those who like to hear their exhaust system but also like to still hear of the factory tune.

4) Brakes - To get the look of the large AMG brakes there are Brembo GT kits. The GT brake kits are lighter than factory and will decrease stopping distances about 20%. These are unmistakeable on the S-Class car due to the sheer size of the rotors and calipers. You can get the calipers in red, silver, black, and yellow.

5) Kits - The 63 AMG conversion kit is available for cars that want to maintain a factory Benz look on their 550. Prior Design also offers a W222 kit that enhances the factory lines. It is not over the top and looks a bit more aggressive than the AMG kit.

6) Carbon Fiber - This is a must for the S-Class. Someone please go for a carbon fiber hood and trunk! Trust me it will look stunning. We specialize in carbon fiber and can overlay any W222 part in 100% genuine weave (not vinyl). This is a good option if you did not order the carbon fiber package from the factory.

Hopefully this guide helps when styling your S-Class. Cheers!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 226 Posts
S600
Anything for the S600?
Old 10-08-2015, 01:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
If I were to make an S600 look even hotter, what I would do is...

Exhaust and wheels. The V12 will sound raw and refined with a valve controlled system. The BBS heritage complements the 600 model; they offer forged and flow form styles which are a functional upgrade from cast factory wheels.

Subtle lowering could help, but that is based on your driving needs.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 10-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
Aloha again - This is a re-post from our W221 thread and I figured W222 owners may be interested also. The front lip spoiler will fit AMG package bumpers.

"We have received messages from members that are interested in 14-16 S class carbon fiber front lips and rear spoilers. We would like to coordinate a group buy for these 2 carbon fiber accessories. Early adopter pricing for the front lip is $2,000. Early adopter pricing for the rear spoiler is $1,500. These are going to be made in the US and come with a lifetime warranty. Don't worry about your carbon fiber bubbling, lifting or yellowing; we stand behind our work! Orders that are placed this month will ship just before Thanksgiving.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating. If not, thanks for taking the time to read our post.

Have an awesome afternoon and let us know if you have any questions!
Julie"
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
OR, you could leave your W222 the way it came from the factory.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
Originally Posted by Streamliner
OR, you could leave your W222 the way it came from the factory.
Yep, but then it wouldn't be YOUR style and anyone could go get the exact same look. It's all about the finishing touches.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Julie@KonceptCars
Yep, but then it wouldn't be YOUR style and anyone could go get the exact same look. It's all about the finishing touches.
No, you've got it wrong. Having the car just as it came from the factory IS my style. MB spends billions designing & engineering these cars. Why would I want to tart it up with cheap, aftermarket doo-dads?
Old 10-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
Originally Posted by Streamliner
No, you've got it wrong. Having the car just as it came from the factory IS my style. MB spends billions designing & engineering these cars. Why would I want to tart it up with cheap, aftermarket doo-dads?
Thanks for your comments. We offered this aftermarket styling guide as a starting place for car owners/enthusiasts that feel they are missing that extra oomph on their vehicle. I'm glad you are satisfied with the look of yours, but not everyone feels that way. "Cheap, aftermarket doo-dads" isn't what I would categorize these options as; please keep in mind that MB offers many of these accessories on vehicles. People pay extra for Brembo brakes, carbon fiber etc. on AMG's but they don't come standard for a reason. They are upgrades and the proof is in the pricing that MB provides.

Last edited by Julie@KonceptCars; 10-14-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:10 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
^ after looking at your website it seems you guys really like Corvette's
Old 10-15-2015, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Julie@KonceptCars
Thanks for your comments. We offered this aftermarket styling guide as a starting place for car owners/enthusiasts that feel they are missing that extra oomph on their vehicle. I'm glad you are satisfied with the look of yours, but not everyone feels that way. "Cheap, aftermarket doo-dads" isn't what I would categorize these options as; please keep in mind that MB offers many of these accessories on vehicles. People pay extra for Brembo brakes, carbon fiber etc. on AMG's but they don't come standard for a reason. They are upgrades and the proof is in the pricing that MB provides.
OK, I got carried away with my comments, as we all know the glory of Brembo Brakes. That said, why in the world would any law abiding S Class owner EVER have a need for tbem? The W222 has way more than enough stopping power for street use. But, then again, there's always those who feel they need to one up everyone else.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
We like Corvettes but we are also sponsors on a Corvette forum. We have gotten positive feedback and responsiveness from Vette owners. They enjoy styling their vehicles and see the value in the aftermarket upgrades we offer. If you're looking for W222 parts on our website, you can view them by clicking here. If you are looking for wheels or something specific then let me know and I can help. We're just happy to share our passion with others and engage with people who love cars like we do.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, you see some of those Vette guys "STYLIN" as they cruise around town. Do you folks also have a line of gold jewelry for the STYLIN' "gentlemen" of a certain age--and girth?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
We try to offer premium products for upper echelon vehicles at different price points. So yes, that includes Corvettes, Audis, Mercedes, Teslas, and Ferraris. What may be a personal favorite of ours doesn’t negate the fact that there are other vehicles on the block. Those other vehicles may as well be stylish, not by our definition but by our clients'.

Last edited by Julie@KonceptCars; 10-15-2015 at 12:18 PM.