S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

VPC Release Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 08:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 S580
VPC Release Order

The VPC is telling my dealer that they are having to perform updates on the cars before they can be released and these updates take a few hours per vehicle. Does anyone have any insight as to the order they are doing this in, how many cars per day and what the ETA is for the 21's to make their way through? I'm an understanding guy and understand it's out of the dealers hands and Mercedes is fighting a global issue but I also hate not having a clue what is going on and would rather them tell me it's going to take 2 months than keep being told "it could be any day". I don't think the dealer is lying to me, it seems like they truly have no idea but I would think there has to be some type of order to it.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Jlrich
The VPC is telling my dealer that they are having to perform updates on the cars before they can be released and these updates take a few hours per vehicle. Does anyone have any insight as to the order they are doing this in, how many cars per day and what the ETA is for the 21's to make their way through? I'm an understanding guy and understand it's out of the dealers hands and Mercedes is fighting a global issue but I also hate not having a clue what is going on and would rather them tell me it's going to take 2 months than keep being told "it could be any day". I don't think the dealer is lying to me, it seems like they truly have no idea but I would think there has to be some type of order to it.
The real answer is, no one knows. It will show up when it shows up. Sad, but true.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:53 AM

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts
2021 Cirrus Silver S580 AMG, 2020 Polar White GLE350
The dealer can prioritize shipment of the car working through the VPC liaison. Many dealers are prioritizing cars for inventory which they then sell for MSRP or more. You might try calling MBUSA customer support and give them the VIN. They can look up your car and tell you if it is being delayed for updates, spoiler, etc and if there is an ETA. I did this and found that there were no holdups for my car it was ready to be shipped, but was not scheduled. They told me I needed to talk to my dealer. I then confronted the dealer who contacted their liaison and my car was shipped a few days later.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:42 AM

2021 S580
Originally Posted by TwinCam
The dealer can prioritize shipment of the car working through the VPC liaison. Many dealers are prioritizing cars for inventory which they then sell for MSRP or more. You might try calling MBUSA customer support and give them the VIN. They can look up your car and tell you if it is being delayed for updates, spoiler, etc and if there is an ETA. I did this and found that there were no holdups for my car it was ready to be shipped, but was not scheduled. They told me I needed to talk to my dealer. I then confronted the dealer who contacted their liaison and my car was shipped a few days later.
Thank you. They told me they placed mine as a priority shipment but who knows. I’ll give it a shot with customer support. Thanks for that info
Old 08-16-2021, 04:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 S580 4Matic
VPC Delivery

I called MBUSA today and inquired as to my delivery date on my 2021 S580. I ordered the car last September 2020. The car was built in February 2021 and delivered to the Baltimore, MD VPC in early April where it is still sitting awaiting delivery to my local MB dealership.

Over the weekend I spoke with my sales rep and got the car's VIN#. When I called MBUSA with the VIN# this morning they said they could give me no information on the car and when I asked if anyone could assist me with my delivery questions they said no one at MBUSA could help. They told me to call the dealership.

This is extremely bad customer service for a high-end luxury car. A bit arrogant on the part of MB IMO.

Last edited by Jmcintire217; 09-04-2021 at 06:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lanzz (08-28-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts
2021 Cirrus Silver S580 AMG, 2020 Polar White GLE350
Both ALANPRIEBE and I got our cars quickly after the dealer contacted their liaison rep. The number I called at MBUSA was (800) 367-6372. I have the first name and extension number of the person I talked with. I asked if they would pull up my car on Netstar since I had the VIN, and check if there was an ETA on my car or some hold up (waiting for software update, recall, spoiler, etc.). My car was ordered last September. They pulled up my car on their computer. They told me the spoiler was installed and the car software updated on July 13. I told them that the dealer said that my car was priority A and that they were expediting it. The person I was talking to said that it was unusual that the car was not scheduled to be shipped and they asked if I would mind holding for a few minutes. After about 4 minutes they came back and said that there was no hold on their end, my car is ready to go, but it is being delayed for some reason. The rep said that they could not get between the dealer and customer, but to tell the dealer to contact their liaison person for the Brunswick VPC and get an explanation on why the car had not been given an ETA. I talked to the dealership on Thursday, told them that my car was being delayed and I wanted answers from their liaison person. My car was shipped on Monday. I later found out that the dealer had not prioritized my car and was instead prioritizing cars for inventory that they could sell for over MSRP. You might want to try calling MBUSA again…also, tell your dealer you want to know the response from their liaison person before you call MBUSA. Hopes this helps.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:53 AM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by TwinCam
I later found out that the dealer had not prioritized my car and was instead prioritizing cars for inventory that they could sell for over MSRP.
OUCH !!
Old 08-24-2021, 11:02 AM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 S-550
Totally unacceptable. MB and MBUSA need new mgmt.
The following 3 users liked this post by elmalo:
Jmcintire217 (08-24-2021), places (08-30-2021), Streamliner (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 07:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by elmalo
Totally unacceptable. MB and MBUSA need new mgmt.
I am moving on. The usual Mercedes first-year issues have only been exacerbated by missing standard equipment, a Tesla-esque add-on screen, and a company that more than ever is telling me, "We do business OUR way". I test drove a Porsche Panamera and a BMW M850i Gran Coupe today. Even in the unfamiliar surroundings, changing the radio station was "like old times". This is very disappointing.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBZFAN55:
Jmcintire217 (08-25-2021), places (08-30-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 09:09 PM

2021 S580
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
I am moving on. The usual Mercedes first-year issues have only been exacerbated by missing standard equipment, a Tesla-esque add-on screen, and a company that more than ever is telling me, "We do business OUR way". I test drove a Porsche Panamera and a BMW M850i Gran Coupe today. Even in the unfamiliar surroundings, changing the radio station was "like old times". This is very disappointing.
totally understand your point. Mine finally came in a couple days ago but I was damn close to going a different route. With that said, I really do like this car. I’m a younger guy but I’m not as crazy about the tech as some people are but it’s actually been easy getting used to this car and all the features. They’ve done a good job of making it easy to navigate through the options.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jlrich:
Ormond2004 (08-27-2021), TwinCam (08-26-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 366 Likes on 303 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
While I'm very sympathetic to your frustration with MB, I think it's very likely that Porsche and BMW are dealing with the exact same chip shortage that's causing the missing options as MB is dealing with so I doubt you'll do any better with them. It might just be best to wait a couple of years until the market gets back to some type of normalcy.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 06:23 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
Originally Posted by 190Efan
While I'm very sympathetic to your frustration with MB, I think it's very likely that Porsche and BMW are dealing with the exact same chip shortage that's causing the missing options as MB is dealing with so I doubt you'll do any better with them. It might just be best to wait a couple of years until the market gets back to some type of normalcy.
I have a few cars on order for this years delivery. S580 was delivered already. My incoming Cayenne GTS has chip shortages where the steering column has to be adjusted via dealership until the chip can be retrofitted. My incoming g63 has no issues as hoped. I can't imagine MB shortchanging the Gwagons. Don't have any BMWs on order. Have more for next year; let's hope the supply gets better.