Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Spoiler Guide (Add/Remove) - GT43, GT53, GT63, GT63s (x290)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GT53
Active Spoiler Guide (Add/Remove) - GT43, GT53, GT63, GT63s (x290)

Had a lot of trouble finding steps to do this, even initially finding where to get service documentation for Mercedes can be a challenge, let alone steps for a DIY operation for a car like this. Hopefully this is helpful to others going through the process. However, proceed at your own risk.

Assembly/Disassembly:
  1. Remove lower liftgate trim (instructions attached)
  2. Remove static/non-static spoiler (instructions attached)
    • Remove or add active (non-static) spoiler control unit (instructions attached)
  3. Attach new spoiler using same instructions
  4. Re-code the car

Re-coding:
You'll need a computer to connect to your car, as well as the DoIP device to bridge the connection. If you don't want to go down the can of worms of finding software, compatible DoIP device, etc., I highly recommend a @BenzNinja membership to help get you everything you need, equipment, software, etc.. (in fact, he can do this coding as part of the membership voucher if you join). Otherwise, if you have equipment and software:
  1. Ensure your car is on a charger
  2. Connect it to the system
  3. Put your car in ignition 2
  4. Using DTS Monaco, open the `DRVU_NG` module for your car
  5. Next, unlock security access in ECU
    • Web search "DTS Monaco unlock security access in ECU" (Russian YouTube video w/English subs)
  6. Apply the following settings:
    • [003] WingCtrl_Coding_String Write
      • Set `WingCtrl Parameter` to your new spoiler `Fester Spoiler` is fixed (static) spoiler
    • [006] MiKo_Coding_Parameter Write
      • Set `MiKo Rear Wing Logic` to new spoiler or `none`
      • Reorganize `MiKo Switch<1-8> VF Assignment` to add or remove the `Rear Wing (Heckspoiler)`
    • [007] SCM_Coding_Parameter_Write
      • Set `Rear Wing Logic` to your car or `none`
  7. Disconnect in the software, unplug and turn off your car
With that, the error is gone and your speed is no longer limited to 100mph. The spoiler option is also added/removed from steering wheel knob (if you have it), center console button, and cluster display.

Last edited by deadcat; 04-29-2024 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Adding attachments
Old 05-06-2024, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT53
Great post! This type of stuff should honestly be a sub-section of the forums. I think you need to update some things for your ESP too though, have you checked if ESP is still working after doing this?
Old 05-06-2024, 10:08 PM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by BenzTechGuru
Great post! This type of stuff should honestly be a sub-section of the forums. I think you need to update some things for your ESP too though, have you checked if ESP is still working after doing this?
Crap, just checked it and you're right. The ESP button doesn't work. I'll have to look into that.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:57 AM

AMG GT53
That's why I'm picky with sponsors, looks like you paid for a Benz-Ninja membership and even tagged him last month in this thread. What was his response? From your last reply it appears he completely ignored your tag and left your ESP broken. From looking at his site the membership fee looks like it's just so you can pay him to fix your car, but any other sponsor will do that without a membership fee. Personally I would have saved my money and just used another.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:32 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by BenzTechGuru
That's why I'm picky with sponsors, looks like you paid for a Benz-Ninja membership and even tagged him last month in this thread. What was his response? From your last reply it appears he completely ignored your tag and left your ESP broken. From looking at his site the membership fee looks like it's just so you can pay him to fix your car, but any other sponsor will do that without a membership fee. Personally I would have saved my money and just used another.
I don't think he ignored me. I'll give him the benefit of doubt on that one, he probably just didn't know much about the procedure is my guess.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:19 PM

X290
Rear wing disable

Any can help occupy same
Old 05-17-2024, 08:28 PM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by MasterPRO
Any can help occupy same
For coding instructions? This guy's steps are probably good except the ESP stuff, I might be able to find out that but need to check my resources. I want to say there is an ESP module you need to update but could be wrong.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:03 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by deadcat
Had a lot of trouble finding steps to do this, even initially finding where to get service documentation for Mercedes can be a challenge, let alone steps for a DIY operation for a car like this. Hopefully this is helpful to others going through the process. However, proceed at your own risk.

Assembly/Disassembly:
  1. Remove lower liftgate trim (instructions attached)
  2. Remove static/non-static spoiler (instructions attached)
    • Remove or add active (non-static) spoiler control unit (instructions attached)
  3. Attach new spoiler using same instructions
  4. Re-code the car

Re-coding:
You'll need a computer to connect to your car, as well as the DoIP device to bridge the connection. If you don't want to go down the can of worms of finding software, compatible DoIP device, etc., I highly recommend a @BenzNinja membership to help get you everything you need, equipment, software, etc.. (in fact, he can do this coding as part of the membership voucher if you join). Otherwise, if you have equipment and software:
  1. Ensure your car is on a charger
  2. Connect it to the system
  3. Put your car in ignition 2
  4. Using DTS Monaco, open the `DRVU_NG` module for your car
  5. Next, unlock security access in ECU
    • Web search "DTS Monaco unlock security access in ECU" (Russian YouTube video w/English subs)
  6. Apply the following settings:
    • [003] WingCtrl_Coding_String Write
      • Set `WingCtrl Parameter` to your new spoiler `Fester Spoiler` is fixed (static) spoiler
    • [006] MiKo_Coding_Parameter Write
      • Set `MiKo Rear Wing Logic` to new spoiler or `none`
      • Reorganize `MiKo Switch<1-8> VF Assignment` to add or remove the `Rear Wing (Heckspoiler)`
    • [007] SCM_Coding_Parameter_Write
      • Set `Rear Wing Logic` to your car or `none`
  7. Disconnect in the software, unplug and turn off your car
With that, the error is gone and your speed is no longer limited to 100mph. The spoiler option is also added/removed from steering wheel knob (if you have it), center console button, and cluster display.

Finally figured out how to fix my ESP, there's one final coding process:

Re-coding:
  1. Open `ESP290_AMG` module for your car in DTS Monaco
  2. Unlock security access in ECU on "Diagnostic Services" tab (same as with the other module)
  3. Go to the "Variant Coding" tab and apply the following setting(s):
    • [032] Aerolimiter Coding Write
      1. Set `Aerolimiter Coding` to `off`
      2. If `Aerolimiter BackUp maximum velocity` has a value, set it to `0` (equivalent to unset)

Last edited by deadcat; 05-29-2024 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:10 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by MasterPRO
Any can help occupy same
Covered the rest in my last post. If the coding steps are above your head with your current knowledge, can always hire a sponsor from these forums to do the coding part for pretty cheap. They probably know how already, but wouldn't hurt to share a link to this thread incase they're new to this specific configuration change.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (05-29-2024)