Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fake M5 slips....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Where is Impro? I am sure he would love this thread.

As for closing it, why? If someone decided to fake the slips then they better answer to the masses.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
[QUOTE=Belmondo]
Originally Posted by jordan

I think you FAKED the slip and posted it from your house. When "FAKE" was discovered and Fiske posted partial IP address and said he knew who it was --you **** your pants and started running around with riddles like "its not me but its some one I know" "its came from my end" but "i'm not like that", than there was something compleetly unrelated about your wife, your family , frat house and so on.

Looks to me like you are in Shock and Awe after how quickly you were discovered and still can't put one sentence together to explain.
Shock and Awe, dufus, Shock and Awe.
Dead-on
Old 11-27-2005, 09:03 PM

Just to put things in perspective- I have lived in the 4th largest major metropolitan area for 15 years, and can count on 1 hand the number of times I have had the opportunity to sprint against another high performance car on the highway/street. Each of those times lasted maybe 5-10 seconds before traffic/safety conditions became a major concern and ended things. Each of those times correct gearing and torque have been the deciding factor. The rest of the time (99.99%)I have enjoyed the sunroof open/convertible top down/good music playing/engine sounds/good weather much more.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
What a damn shame!!

As hard as we all work to mod our cars, try different techniques, learn from experience and get our best times, it really sucks to have some toolbox come and fake a slip. I know guys that drive Dodge Neon SRT-4's that work their butts off to get a 13 second timeslip, I applaud them for their efforts at least it's real!! I'd rather have a real 14 second timeslip anyday more than an 8 second phony.

Take the time you spent faking the slip and go mod you car!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Belmondo
[QUOTE=jordan]

<<I think you FAKED the slip and posted it from your house. When "FAKE" was discovered and Fiske posted partial IP address and said he knew who it was --you **** your pants and started running around with riddles like "its not me but its some one I know" "its came from my end" but "i'm not like that", than there was something compleetly unrelated about your wife, your family , frat house and so on.

Looks to me like you are in Shock and Awe after how quickly you were discovered and still can't put one sentence together to explain.
Shock and Awe, dufus, Shock and Awe.

<<Dead-on

Guys I couldn't agree more...and the nerve of him to blame me, lol. I don't even have a fricken scanner to post my great dyno from this weekend! What a farce
Old 11-27-2005, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
This is all too strange.

Did he do this? Did he know it was being done and "played along"? Does he really own an M5?

Last edited by enzom; 11-27-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
I wouldnt be at all surprised if it was him. He came here recently from Gustav's board and claims to have an M5. He immediately started making jokes about what happened to me on Thanksgiving and his answers to the questions posed to him here regarding these fake Timeslips are pretty suspect. So far I havent seen much out of him in the way of good contributions to MBWorld, he just showed up here recently and acts like he's been here forever.

And yeah, where is Improviz, I am sure he would have something interesting to add.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
I guess the time has come to watermark timeslips to insure their authenticity.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:50 PM

Where is Impro when you really need his investigative work?

Impro,
We all need for you to get to the bottom of this and uncover the truth
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Don't know what else to tell you, I did not know this happend. And NO, it was not me. If you want to continue to flame, go right on, it doesn't bother me as I was not involved. But if it gives you pleasure and you have nothing else to talk about, knock yourself out. I would have never accused anyone if I knew,my appoligies.

Derik, if I was to do it, I would have just used a friends time slip, only take a min. Get over it guys, time to talk about cars, I have enough drama shows to watch with the wife.
As far as tactics, the guys that did do the timeslip doesn't even race, lexus GS300 is not what I would call a track car. And as far as me even having an M5, I might not, might just have a bus pass.

VelocitE55, I was joking about your car, get over it, some thougth it was funny...other than that, I have been nothing but nice on this board, check the history. This thread is old, time to talk about something worth while, remember, I did own up to the conclusion and didn't have to.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by RezF
Where is Impro when you really need his investigative work?

Impro,
We all need for you to get to the bottom of this and uncover the truth

I think the truth is ugly "jordan//floyd" knew he was busted when Fikse asked him this simple question:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fikse

Vehicle I drive: C32,Viper,RX330

jordan, you are m5floyd over on the M5board, correct?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably Fikse looked at IP's and knew that Floyd from M5 board, jordan at this forum and the IP from wich FAKE was posted were the same.

After that dude desintegrated and disappeared. Probably working on a workable story involving "friends", fake "brothers" , computer on the loose in his house and what not.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM

Belmondo,

I can see that Fikse can check IP logs over at dragtimes.com as it is his site. But how can he check IPs of M5floyd /Jordan over at M5board and here? Not a rhetorical question, just curious
Old 11-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Belmondo,

I can see that Fikse can check IP logs over at dragtimes.com as it is his site. But how can he check IPs of M5floyd /Jordan over at M5board and here? Not a rhetorical question, just curious
He didn't/couldn't, somethings looked fishy to me as I knew the name of the posted slip and the IP in the 65.xxx range was Florida, so I did some checking and found out it was from my wireless router from the neighbors kid. I have been talking to Fiske on how to fix this, trust me. I owned up to it as I didn't do it and had nothing to hide. Like I said, joke was on me, I didn't find it funny. Yep I talked to his dad, he wasn't happy either. Like I said, people with 100,000 dollar cars don't do this crap. We live in a VERY nice area and I was shocked. It's over.....
Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 PM

Belmondo,

I understand, here is how he does it, from his own words:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fikse

Vehicle I drive: C32,Viper,RX330

If we REALLY want to know who did this, it's not too much trouble to find out.... from time to time, I do some forensic log anaysis with regards to network and website security....

I have the IP address of the person who submitted the record to dragtimes.com, and have compared it against logs coming to the site and viewing images from m5board.com and mbworld.org...

there are MANY more log records to look at, but this is a summary.. I'm going to block out the IP to keep anyone from trying to hack this persons computer... but trust me, it's same IP...

this is the computer viewing that supra record yesterday:

65.34.xxx.xx - - [26/Nov/2005:13:56:43 -0500] "GET /1994-Toyota-Supra-Pictures-462.html HTTP/1.1" 200 10489 "http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Supra-Timeslip-462.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

this is the same computer viewing the original timeslip image directly from the m5board website:

65.34.xxx.xx - - [26/Nov/2005:18:10:30 -0500] "GET /images/m5E60time.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 22471 "http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62778" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

this is the same computer viewing the same image from the m5board website today:

65.34.xxx.xx - - [27/Nov/2005:13:00:01 -0500] "GET /images/m5E60time.jpg HTTP/1.1" 304 - "http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62778" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

this is the same computer viewing the image from the mbworld.org site today:

65.34.xxx.xx - - [27/Nov/2005:12:30:11 -0500] "GET /images/m5E60time.jpg HTTP/1.1" 304 - "https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127998" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

so it's pretty clear that the person who submitted the record to dragtimes is following this unfolding on both sites.... probably laughing it up that we are picking it apart...

I personally don't think we need to "out" anyone..... but there is only one more step needed to find out who it was.... and I don't have control over the last step.... we KNOW the person is watching, just tell us you were "just kidding" already... E55 owner, M5 owner, or whatever owner....

HOpe this helps........
Almost a Member!

delete

Last edited by jordan; 11-27-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Almost a Member!

I think the truth is ugly "jordan//floyd" knew he was busted when Fikse asked him this simple question:

I could have changed the IP/ denied it, but no I owned up to it as soon as I did some snooping. Sorry for being so truthful so fast. If I had it to do over, I would have done it the same in telling what I knew. There are other things to talk about now. It was just a prank on me, not need for you all to drag it out.....
Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 PM

He didn't/couldn't, somethings looked fishy to me as I knew the name of the posted slip and the IP in the 65.xxx range was Florida, so I did some checking and found out it was from my wireless router from the neighbors kid. I have been talking to Fiske on how to fix this, trust me. I owned up to it as I didn't do it and had nothing to hide. Like I said, joke was on me, I didn't find it funny. Yep I talked to his dad, he wasn't happy either. Like I said, people with 100,000 dollar cars don't do this crap. We live in a VERY nice area and I was shocked. It's over.....
Jordan,
I am not being accusatory, I am just confused at a couple of things:

1) I am not a computer/wireless expert. I couldn't begin to decipher IP numbers according to regions (the way you did with 65->florida). But, as a novice I have had no problems enabling security on my wireless network. If I were to profile you as someone knowledgable with IPs, routing, etc. I would have bet a million bucks that you would have had a 128bit encryption on your wireless network to avoid this!

2) How did the photoshopped slip emerge? Who was the first person to post any evidence of this time slip?? Was it your neighbor's son??Did he register on these websites and post the slip??What is his handle? If it wasn't your neighbor's son, then who posted the time slip and how did they obtain it?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 PM

I understand, here is how he does it, from his own words:

Ahhh! I see! So he can track the IPs based on hotlinks to his website from M5board and MBworld from various threads
Old 11-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Jordan,
I am not being accusatory, I am just confused at a couple of things:

1) I am not a computer/wireless expert. I couldn't begin to decipher IP numbers according to regions (the way you did with 65->florida). But, as a novice I have had no problems enabling security on my wireless network. If I were to profile you as someone knowledgable with IPs, routing, etc. I would have bet a million bucks that you would have had a 128bit encryption on your wireless network to avoid this!

2) How did the photoshopped slip emerge? Who was the first person to post any evidence of this time slip?? Was it your neighbor's son??Did he register on these websites and post the slip??What is his handle? If it wasn't your neighbor's son, then who posted the time slip and how did they obtain it?
Yes, it was the neighbors son but honestly, my little brother had his hand in it as well as I have had a meeting with the boy's "17 year old", father in a kitchen sit down. Only my brother would have know that "old friends name" that raced all the time, it's an odd name. That is how I knew he was involved.

And NO I DON"T have encryption. If you drive down my street tonight, you can still get on mine and 2 others from my area. I am waiting on FISKE to get me protected. I have been on tech support enough to see what the IP starts with as I just moved from DSL to cable. Give it another week and I would have forgotten.

Time slip was taken from dragtimes, they could have just used a slip from my desk that had good times on them and nobody would have never known. They tryed to Photoshop it and I bet they spent some time on it. So....that is that. Now besides being mad at them for cutting my bushes 2 years ago, now this. We are building a new home, can't wait to move now. Like I said, I can't appoligize enough that it came from someone I knew, but after all, it is just a timeslip fake, enough already....
Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW 530i, Porsche Cayenne S

I call BS.I have to think that the neighbour kid would have something better to do than to fake a slip unlike someone here did
Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Yes, it was the neighbors son but honestly, my little brother had his hand in it as well as I have had a meeting with the boy's "17 year old", father in a kitchen sit down. Only my brother would have know that "old friends name" that raced all the time, it's an odd name. That is how I knew he was involved.

And NO I DON"T have encryption. If you drive down my street tonight, you can still get on mine and 2 others from my area. I am waiting on FISKE to get me protected. I have been on tech support enough to see what the IP starts with as I just moved from DSL to cable. Give it another week and I would have forgotten.

Time slip was taken from dragtimes, they could have just used a slip from my desk that had good times on them and nobody would have never known. They tryed to Photoshop it and I bet they spent some time on it. So....that is that. Now besides being mad at them for cutting my bushes 2 years ago, now this. We are building a new home, can't wait to move now. Like I said, I can't appoligize enough that it came from someone I knew, but after all, it is just a timeslip fake, enough already....

Jordan,

I am trying to comprehend your answers but it IS EXTREMELY difficult to weed through all the irrelevent bull**** (cut bush 2 years ago, trying to move to new house, etc.) to find simple answers to my questions. I don't believe I found answer to question #2:

*** Who ( the person's handle) was the first person to expose the photoshopped time slips on mbworld and m5board? Did the neighbor's son use YOUR handle (i.e. Jordan or M5Floyd)
Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by beachbod
I call BS.I have to think that the neighbour kid would have something better to do than to fake a slip unlike someone here did
Call it what you want. Kid has been grounded for getting introuble for "drag racing ticket" that cost his father 5,000 bucks and almost got 6 month weekend lock up. So, you tell me how much time he has smart guy. Trust me, you haven't had the discussions I have had in the past 24 hours about this with the neighbors as they didn't think it was a big deal. I have to tell them that it is to some people on this board and they don't understand. So, let it go, I am tired of it already.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Just an observation...because I have no way of knowing or proving what you are saying is true or not. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you put forth positive input to future discussions.

Observation: It seems that your brother and your neigbor's kid took a lot of time just to set you up. It would seem to me if they wanted to F*$K with you, they could have done something a lot less complicated. If they wanted to really set you up then why try to even do the "good job" that they did in trying to fake the timeslips.

Whatever the case, my life isn't damaged beyond repair if you did fake the slips. I'll still be in my E55 hauling **** and loving every minute of it... :v
Old 11-28-2005, 12:13 AM

Yes, it was the neighbors son but honestly, my little brother had his hand in it as well as I have had a meeting with the boy's "17 year old", father in a kitchen sit down.
Who is 17 years old, boy or a father?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Who is 17 years old, boy or a father?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.