Sponsored by:

*** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I'll talk to my buddy and see if he has a stock program that he can put back in your car.. But, if you want to do a bit of modding, wait and figure out exactly what you want to do, and then do the ECU at the same time.

I know you have other cars to drive, so you can send over your ECU overnight to me and I'll get him to reprogram and send it back to you whenever you are ready.

PM your contact info again.. I cant find it in my contact list anymore.

Originally Posted by M5KILLR
you know, my car runs a little funny. at idle when i start up its runs a little rough, kinda lumpy for about 5 seconds. it surges to about 1800-2000 rpm at initial startup too. i would just like to retune it to stock. i still have headers and resonator deletes. can your system do that? how much was the tb too.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
My buddy just finished meeting with the CF guy.

I am taking everyone that posted at their word because I've already given my CC info to purchase the Renntech box so please dont back out on me now.

The Renntech airbox will be shipped out within 2 weeks when the backorder is filled (I asked for Air express freight). My price was $3795 + shipping (big discount huh?). Will end up being around $3900 + duties and other crap that Canada charges for things coming across the border.

A few things:

1) $1500 is NO PROBLEM FOR THE AIRBOXES!!! We have 20 guys in here that posted up a contribution.. We need to make sure 15 guys buy them or I am gonna be stuck with a whole lot of CF airboxes.

2) The mold will cost $2500

3) We asked him about the intake tubes and he didnt even bother giving us a quote.. He just said they will be easy to do.. I like that.

4) He said he can do the insulated boxes and add insulation to the air tubes!! YEAHHH!! This will set this thing apart from everything else out there.

5) He needs 4 weeks to do the mold and another 4 weeks to make 15 of these boxes.

Once I receive the Renntech box I'll dyno test it and then we can go to town and figure out what our design will be like.

I am going over to meet with the CF company tomorrow myself. I am bringing my car down there so I can show him the rough idea of the intake boxes and air tubes.

I will also take some pics of the work these guys have already done and take some quick snaps of their workshop.

FORWARD BOYS!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
My buddy just finished meeting with the CF guy.

I am taking everyone that posted at their word because I've already given my CC info to purchase the Renntech box so please dont back out on me now.

The Renntech airbox will be shipped out within 2 weeks when the backorder is filled (I asked for Air express freight). My price was $3795 + shipping (big discount huh?). Will end up being around $3900 + duties and other crap that Canada charges for things coming across the border.

A few things:

1) $1500 is NO PROBLEM FOR THE AIRBOXES!!! We have 20 guys in here that posted up a contribution.. We need to make sure 15 guys buy them or I am gonna be stuck with a whole lot of CF airboxes.

2) The mold will cost $2500

3) We asked him about the intake tubes and he didnt even bother giving us a quote.. He just said they will be easy to do.. I like that.

4) He said he can do the insulated boxes and add insulation to the air tubes!! YEAHHH!! This will set this thing apart from everything else out there.

5) He needs 4 weeks to do the mold and another 4 weeks to make 15 of these boxes.

Once I receive the Renntech box I'll dyno test it and then we can go to town and figure out what our design will be like.

I am going over to meet with the CF company tomorrow myself. I am bringing my car down there so I can show him the rough idea of the intake boxes and air tubes.

I will also take some pics of the work these guys have already done and take some quick snaps of their workshop.

FORWARD BOYS!!!

VRUS:

This sounds awesome - I'm in and then some!!
Thanks for all the legwork!! KUDOS to you...I guess if you're doin the legwork, I should let you have the highest Hp car on the forum, aye??
Whatever your's is (hp) ....I'll make sure I'm 5 Hp behind you!!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Kens-E55; 07-18-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
count me in $200
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ken,

Sounds great! But yeah.. I gotta have the fastest.. well at least the fastest in my area anyways..

I'll post up some nice pics for you guys tomorrow after the meeting.

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
VRUS:

This sounds awesome - I'm in and then some!!
Thanks for all the legwork!! KUDOS to you...I guess if you're doin the legwork, I should let you have the highest Hp car on the forum, aye??
Whatever your's is (hp) ....I'll make sure I'm 5 Hp behind you!!

Thanks again!

New Total: $4,200 !!!!!

Thanks for your contribution.

Originally Posted by e55 killer
count me in $200
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
[QUOTE=vrus]I called and put the order in for the airbox (Renntech).. 2 week backorder... Waiting on confirmation of final price w/shipping. Will go setup a meeting with CF manufacturing company.
QUOTE]

I wonder how RennTech feels about being publicly used in this manner...
I guess it's like leaving 100 bucks on a bedside table in a cheap motel
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
They should be honoured! Really all I am after is to be able to test their design on the dyno and see if it really does what they claim.

If it does, when we do our design, we can take those elements into consideration.

[QUOTE=Rafal]
I called and put the order in for the airbox (Renntech).. 2 week backorder... Waiting on confirmation of final price w/shipping. Will go setup a meeting with CF manufacturing company.
QUOTE]

I wonder how RennTech feels about being publicly used in this manner...
I guess it's like leaving 100 bucks on a bedside table in a cheap motel
Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Vic, I hope you have aPaypal account to receive funds quick and easy.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Great idea Jay.....that would really be quick....and Vic...you can access PayPal on the MFD by scrolling thru the menu and selecting My PayPal, it's right after Height Adjustment !! Seriously...let us know how/when to pony up.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:25 PM

Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
You guys are too f**** funny!!!

Of course I have a paypal account! I'm a computer nerd.. What computer nerd do you know that doesnt have a paypal account??

I didnt post anything on payment because I wanted to make sure everything was a go and that the CF meeting went well.. After tomorrow's meeting if everything goes the way I like, I will post the paypal info and start accepting the money.

Thanks guys!

Look forward to working on this with you guys!

Originally Posted by vader
Great idea Jay.....that would really be quick....and Vic...you can access PayPal on the MFD by scrolling thru the menu and selecting My PayPal, it's right after Height Adjustment !! Seriously...let us know how/when to pony up.

Last edited by vrus; 07-18-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
vrus: I don't have a paypal account.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!

Great thread Vic! Proud of how the community is able to join forces and help each other out. This is what MBWorld is all about!

Btw pls take pics of that Renntech box once you receive it. Also any word on the dyno for your 80mm TB?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ricky... No Paypal?? Come on?

Their fees and exchange rates are crap but if you want an easy way to get money from Person A to Person B, it seems to be the best game in town.

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
vrus: I don't have a paypal account.
Yeah.. I was very happy and proud at the same time to see everyone step up and support this group R&D idea. It takes alot of money to make stuff like this happen and doing it this way just makes it alot easier for everyone.

When I pitched the idea, I didn't know how people would respond to it, but, seeing all the support that was received, I think we are going to do just fine!

There is always strength in numbers, and now we have that!

As for pictures.. You know me.. I love to take pics! I will be taking many detailed photos of the CF airbox so we can all get a good look at how it is designed.

Car is a complete animal now with TB installed.. Pulls like a freight train on the highway.. Today was another scorcher outside.. 34C.. Car still pulled like hell.. I am waiting for a cool day so I can throw it on the rollers.. It will happen this week.

Originally Posted by JamE55
Great thread Vic! Proud of how the community is able to join forces and help each other out. This is what MBWorld is all about!

Btw pls take pics of that Renntech box once you receive it. Also any word on the dyno for your 80mm TB?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Out Of Control!

Car is a complete animal now with TB installed.. Pulls like a freight train on the highway.. Today was another scorcher outside.. 34C.. Car still pulled like hell.. I am waiting for a cool day so I can throw it on the rollers.. It will happen this week.
I can only imagine right now since Cory has my car and can't wait to get it back and do some serious tests on it. Now just imagine the TB + cams =
Old 07-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Mike in the houuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!!

The Carbon Fiber master of all ages.

Koenigsegg used to have meetings, "Okay how can we get a little more CF in the car...ya know like Mike's??"
my man jako!!! good to be back fella. this airbox idea of v sounds great. what have you done to your beast?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ok guys.. I am trying to find the best way to handle this so it is as painless as possible...

1) Please send the $200 + 3% Paypal fee = $206 to Paypal acct: vrus1@hotmail.com

2) If you dont have paypal, email me at vrus1@hotmail.com and I will email you back the wire instructions. You can wire the funds to me so that we dont have to deal with couriers and mailing stuff across the border.

*** If you send me Paypal money please put your screen name in the comments section ***
Old 07-19-2006, 12:58 PM

#1 Sent! Good luck buddy

Last edited by JAY55; 07-19-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:07 PM

'10 E63 AMG
#2 - Sent! Thanks, Victor!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
dsc

2004 E55
My internet has been done for since some storms hit, so I'm a little behind. Count me in for $200.00.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM

06' E55
Sent, lets light this candle.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
my man jako!!! good to be back fella. this airbox idea of v sounds great. what have you done to your beast?
Still just K2 and LSD (cooling pump too) for now.

Was waiting on this E63, but looks like it will be virtually unmoddable (tranny near at limit) so off we go modding the 55 motor. Gonna hang onto er til the 08 rollout of the twin turb and then take it from there.

Really pumped about all this stuff.

Now just gotta find someone to install. Haven't called stealer yet....little nervous. My warranty from Benz expires in Nov so I am getting to the "screw you guys (stealer), just shut up and do it" more bold stage.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Oh .....sorry to cruise off topic Vic. Cashola over to you now.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks guys!

A couple of things:

1) I've been waiting all morning for a call back so I could go down and meet with my contact @ the CF company.. He was out of the office and was supposed to be in at lunch time.. No call yet. Will make sure I see him one way or another today.

2) I am going to get them going on the air tubes first while we wait and wrestle with the air box design. (I'll buy a new set of MB tubes w/ the larger driver's side tube and give it to them to copy). I will also give them the receptacle piece (the one that goes onto the grille) so that they will be a perfect fit and air tight!

Since they are an easier item we can see what their quality will be like with those smaller items.

3) Anyone who isn't in on this group R&D (hasn't put money in) will not get the prices that we are going to get.. That is only fair for everyone. We are going to do a one time run of air boxes and tubes (price yet to be determined) to satisfy everyone who pitched in. Above that anyone that wants one will have to go in the second run which will have higher pricing (lower quantities).

I will get them to firm up the price for doing the air tubes. He told me no problem for $1,500 for the airbox but didnt confirm price for air tubes. They will be heat coated with 1 layer of CF on the outside and not sure what they do on the inside??

Now, a question for you guys..

What do you think we should use as the heat reflectant material to be sandwiched inbetween these 2 layers?? Who can do some research and come up with some good ideas for what material to use?

The goal is to choose something which is as thin as possible so as not to hinder the overall size of the air tube opening.

Let the ideas rip...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Payment Status
-------------------
catalystkid ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
DocStone .......................
dsc .......................
e55 killer ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
ENDSMTG ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
Fleebee .......................
GTA23109a .......................$206.00 RECEIVED
Jakpro1 .......................$206.00 RECEIVED
JAY55 ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
jparch .......................
KEE55AMG .......................
Kens-E55 .......................
Kev04C320 ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
Loren .......................
M5KILLR .......................
MACHC5 .......................
Mad TKD .......................
oblax4 .......................$206.00 RECEIVED
rboorgu .......................
Rock .......................
stevebez ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED
vader ....................... $206.00 RECEIVED

Last edited by vrus; 07-19-2006 at 05:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***