*** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus

Michael, Michael, Michael... I want to help you out and everything, but I can't work miracles.. REMEMBER... Albert is running some serious VRP tuning over there... (sorry.. couldnt resist)..

Albert: You got any slip issues with your pulley?? Maybe we should put one of these on your car just to be safe..
that was more of a joke than being serious. but i do have some tricks up my sleeve.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
LOL.. Well.. I hope you didn't take me seriously either.. I am only kidding around ...

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
that was more of a joke than being serious. but i do have some tricks up my sleeve.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Competition heating up in here....

Vic, don't count your chickens yet...

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 07-05-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I managed to get a few boxes out this morning...

- Loren
- e55 killer
- MafiosoCLS55
- rocketw19
- SleeperX

These are on their way.. I'll email you guys tracking #'s shortly.. I will pack and ship the rest as quickly as I can. It takes time because each one is checked and fitted to make sure they are perfect.

Hope you guys love them as much as I do!!!

Last edited by vrus; 07-06-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM

07 S65
Hey Vic! Was the testing done on the same day and same track? Let me know.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yup. The guy drove to the track.. Did his passes BONE STOCK..

Pulled into the parking lot, put on the CF airbox and did them again.

Originally Posted by DJE55
Hey Vic! Was the testing done on the same day and same track? Let me know.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:04 PM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550

- Loren
- e55 killer
- MafiosoCLS55
- rocketw19
- SleeperX

These are on their way.. I'll email you guys tracking #'s shortly.. I will pack and ship the rest as quickly as I can. It takes time because each one is checked and fitted to make sure they are perfect.

Vic, You are the man . Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

- Loren
- e55 killer
- MafiosoCLS55
- rocketw19
- SleeperX

Thanks Vic! You are the man!!! I can't wait to put those python tubes on my car.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
ooohh im gettin a air box ( and others)
JAKPRO.... you better get a set also im commin for the 11.4 you ran the other day!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Question Victor???

Yup.. You are still there Tony.

In the spirit of all my USA buddies, I felt compelled to celebrate right along with you guys... LOL..

Sorry.. what updated list do you mean?
Victor: from your order site how do we know whether we are ordering the 80mm TB set and not the 74mm??
Old 07-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
No sweat Sang! Thanks for your support and patience. Hope you love the product!!

Originally Posted by e55 killer
Vic, You are the man . Thanks
Thanks Frank! Counting on you for the testing and hopefully get some good results out of the Pythons.

Originally Posted by SleeperX
Thanks Vic! You are the man!!! I can't wait to put those python tubes on my car.
Michael... Airbox didnt go out .. just airtubes & covers.. Airboxes are coming...

ooohh im gettin a air box ( and others)
JAKPRO.... you better get a set also im commin for the 11.4 you ran the other day!
I have a list of mods that people have so I know who is running what. In case I dont, I'll send you an email and will ask you to specify TB type before I ship it out..

Victor: from your order site how do we know whether we are ordering the 80mm TB set and not the 74mm??
Old 07-08-2007, 03:05 PM

2004 K2 E55
For $1500 do you get the CF airbox and the air tube ???
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM

SL55
*** Performance Testing Results ***

To try and be as fair as possible, I had the airbox shipped to a friend of a friend of mine so as to be completely unbiased (I dont know the person who did the testing and he doesnt know me).. He had no idea what airbox it was or who made it.. he was just told to install it on his bone stock 2005 E55 and do some before & after testing.

We just received the data back a few days ago and created this 1 page Performance Data for everyone...

The results were pretty good in my opinion.. A BONE STOCK 2005 E55 picked up 2.5mph in the 1/4 and a reduction of 0.188 in ET.. That's pretty damn good if I do say so myself.!!

Now.. Remember, this is AIRBOX ONLY on a BONE STOCK CAR..
I was a Professional Drag Racer for Years, and 2.5 MPH is a Hellova Lot! Forgive me, I realize it's a "Friend of A Friend", but it's hard to believe

EDIT: I just did some figuring, and with a 4,300lb car, an increase of 2.5MPH would need at least a 40HP gain at the Crank.

I'm *HIGHLY* doubtful.

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 07-08-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I understand where you are coming from and I did the same thing you did.. I went and found a horsepower calculator to punch in the numbers and was shocked also..

BUT.. we have to remember that the test was not just 1 run stock and then swap airbox and run 1 more time.

10 runs were done stock.. highest & lowest times were dropped and the AVG was calculated for the remaining 8 runs.

Because of this testing procedure, there are quite a few variables that come into play which could result in the bigger gap in ET & MPH..

Keep in mind that doing 10 back to back runs in an E55 will result in big decreases of ET because of heat soak. This CF airbox has heat resistant material in the weaves so it allows IAT temps to remain cooler.. This could mean that doing the 10 runs with the CF airbox maintained more consistent times than stock setup and therefore explains the bigger gaps in ET & MPH when you take the averages of the 2 setups.

All I can say is that the numbers are what they are.. There was no "funny stuff" or fabrication... This is what happened. (The person who did the testing has no reason to lie as he has nothing to gain from this.)

I would love it if someone else who has an airbox could go and perform the same testing so we could get more data...

Originally Posted by RoydRage
I was a Professional Drag Racer for Years, and 2.5 MPH is a Hellova Lot! Forgive me, I realize it's a "Friend of A Friend", but it's hard to believe

EDIT: I just did some figuring, and with a 4,300lb car, an increase of 2.5MPH would need at least a 40HP gain at the Crank.

I'm *HIGHLY* doubtful.

RoydRage
The R&D group paid $1600 for the airbox.. The retail price is $2300.. The airtubes are $650..

If you purchase Airbox & Airtubes you get 10% back.

Originally Posted by Stage2E55
For $1500 do you get the CF airbox and the air tube ???
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 PM

SL55
I understand where you are coming from and I did the same thing you did.. I went and found a horsepower calculator to punch in the numbers and was shocked also..

BUT.. we have to remember that the test was not just 1 run stock and then swap airbox and run 1 more time.

10 runs were done stock.. highest & lowest times were dropped and the AVG was calculated for the remaining 8 runs.

Because of this testing procedure, there are quite a few variables that come into play which could result in the bigger gap in ET & MPH..

Keep in mind that doing 10 back to back runs in an E55 will result in big decreases of ET because of heat soak. This CF airbox has heat resistant material in the weaves so it allows IAT temps to remain cooler.. This could mean that doing the 10 runs with the CF airbox maintained more consistent times than stock setup and therefore explains the bigger gaps in ET & MPH when you take the averages of the 2 setups.

All I can say is that the numbers are what they are.. There was no "funny stuff" or fabrication... This is what happened. (The person who did the testing has no reason to lie as he has nothing to gain from this.)

I would love it if someone else who has an airbox could go and perform the same testing so we could get more data...
I Respect you *VERY* much for your throughness, and detailed explanation...

There are so many factors...

a) Did the air get better... Lower ambient temps, etc after the air box was changed?

b) Where the 60ft times consistant? Spinning the tires badly can elevate Trap Speed.

c) I too would love to see other results, with a car that has an ECU flash etc.

In anycase it's absolutely beautiful stuff... It might be on my wish list in the future.

Congrads!

Best, RoydRage
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the kind words..

You bring up good points.. Driver performance could have impacted the results also.. In any case, hopefully more data will come in to back it up.

Airboxes are here waiting for you whenever you are ready.

Originally Posted by RoydRage
I Respect you *VERY* much for your throughness, and detailed explanation...

There are so many factors...

a) Did the air get better... Lower ambient temps, etc after the air box was changed?

b) Where the 60ft times consistant? Spinning the tires badly can elevate Trap Speed.

c) I too would love to see other results, with a car that has an ECU flash etc.

In anycase it's absolutely beautiful stuff... It might be on my wish list in the future.

Congrads!

Best, RoydRage
Old 07-10-2007, 04:32 PM

CLS 55amg
i think im kinda lost here, Can i get a break down of everything air box, python tube and engine cover? And also a link to order

and also will the python tubes work for the CLS??

Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I know.. Lots of information to tread through... Ok.. Just for you.. Recap:

- CF Airbox: $2300USD
- CF Python Airtubes: $650USD
- CF Engine Cover: $550USD

If you buy all three $3200USD

The tubes work on the E55.. I never test fit them on anything else.. I am pretty sure the CLS & E share the same tubes.

Purchase here: http://69.17.158.20/vrus/purchase.htm

Originally Posted by Thblur7
i think im kinda lost here, Can i get a break down of everything air box, python tube and engine cover? And also a link to order

and also will the python tubes work for the CLS??

Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
And its being shipped !!!! ... errr No.

Every time I see Vic respond to this thread my heart skips a beat and I think my VRAB is on a plane ... but I end up tucking into the ....

Roughly how much longer Vic?

Last edited by stevebez; 07-11-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Im sorry my friend.. I know all of you guys that are left have been so patient... Coupled with the problems we had and forcing a retooling, there is the shortage of materials, and on top of that the composites shops are so backlogged.. If you miss your production spot for whatever reasons it puts you back weeks...

I have a face-to-face meeting tomorrow with one of the principals.. He is in town and I will be meeting with him to discuss this very topic.

I'll give you a firm delivery schedule by end of week.

Originally Posted by stevebez
And its being shipped !!!! ... errr No.

Every time I see Vic respond to this thread my heart skips a beat and I think my VRAB is on a plane ... but I end up tucking into the ....

Roughly how much longer Vic?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 AM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
Got the CF engine cover & CF Airtube tonight

Came home after closed my business .I saw the white VRP Performance box cant wait to open the box and see 3 CF beautifull pieces of work of art . bring them to garage and install on the car right away,after done I just OMG what is the beautifull completly CF Air Box . Now i'm thinking about VRP 80mm TB or Evo cooling kit anyone have any advice which one should I get first .

Now I had K2 and complete CF Airbox , larger IC Johnson pump , PTE160 F, 10C Fan , and next week RennTech ELM ....maybe TB or Evo cooling kit but the said NO MOORE but I cant stop thinking about mod my car . guys what do you think ?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Came home after closed my business .I saw the white VRP Performance box cant wait to open the box and see 3 CF beautifull pieces of work of art . bring them to garage and install on the car right away,after done I just OMG what is the beautifull completly CF Air Box . Now i'm thinking about VRP 80mm TB or Evo cooling kit anyone have any advice which one should I get first .

Now I had K2 and complete CF Airbox , larger IC Johnson pump , PTE160 F, 10C Fan , and next week RennTech ELM ....maybe TB or Evo cooling kit but the said NO MOORE but I cant stop thinking about mod my car . guys what do you think ?
ha ha i know the feeling bro!
if the johnson pump is workin get the 80mm TB if the pump is not working like you want it get the coolin kit.

vic i just got my tubes and cover also, but i wont put it on untill the box gets here. it does look nice by the way.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Glad you like it!!!! Lets see some pics!

Michael... No way.. You are going to leave those in a box???? hahhaha.. Get Adam to install them in the car!!! Remember, the airtubes have heat resistant material so you will get the benefit of more flow and heat wrapping on the tubes too..

ha ha i know the feeling bro!
if the johnson pump is workin get the 80mm TB if the pump is not working like you want it get the coolin kit.

vic i just got my tubes and cover also, but i wont put it on untill the box gets here. it does look nice by the way.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Anyone know if either the tubes or the cover will fit a 2006 C55?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
Last night after I installed the Airtube I broke the MB Star while I try to take it off from the OEM cover to put it on the CF cover . Call MB Dealer today they said they have it but they wont sell the Star alone , so Vic or anyone know where can I get the MB Star for CF engine cover . thanks a lot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***