W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Bluetooth, What do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Adding Bluetooth, What do I need to know?

I'm looking at an 06' E55 in the next few days that I'm considering getting (private party). It was not equipped with the bluetooth option but is one I would want to add.
Does anybody know what I would need to do to get bluetooth working (I have a Verizon v710) in the car?
Is there anything in the armrest or elsewhere I should look at to to figure out what might be necessary?
Thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by Midcont
I'm looking at an 06' E55 in the next few days that I'm considering getting (private party). It was not equipped with the bluetooth option but is one I would want to add.
Does anybody know what I would need to do to get bluetooth working (I have a Verizon v710) in the car?
Is there anything in the armrest or elsewhere I should look at to to figure out what might be necessary?
Thanks
Yes, there should be a plastic triangular piece with rounded edges which is the HandsFree kit. If you have that then you can just plug in a $350 bluetooth puck and you're ready to go.
Now if you don't have that, I believe you're looking at a few thousand dollars for the retrofit. I have heard $2300.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Another Alternative!

Originally Posted by trezaei
Yes, there should be a plastic triangular piece with rounded edges which is the HandsFree kit. If you have that then you can just plug in a $350 bluetooth puck and you're ready to go.
Now if you don't have that, I believe you're looking at a few thousand dollars for the retrofit. I have heard $2300.
Midcont: I have a 2006 E55 that I added Bluetooth to. I purchased the "Parrot 3200" (I think it was the 3200 that I had installed). It works with any Bluetooth enabled cell phone + it has voice activation and will upload an address book. I have a Treo 650 with Palm and it uploaded my entire address book. It was about $650 total including the unit installed and better than the factory unit! Check it out, Do a google on the Parrot Blue tooth 3200 (I think it was the correct model number.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by deaguero
Midcont: I have a 2006 E55 that I added Bluetooth to. I purchased the "Parrot 3200" (I think it was the 3200 that I had installed). It works with any Bluetooth enabled cell phone + it has voice activation and will upload an address book. I have a Treo 650 with Palm and it uploaded my entire address book. It was about $650 total including the unit installed and better than the factory unit! Check it out, Do a google on the Parrot Blue tooth 3200 (I think it was the correct model number.
Is this what you're talking about?

So there is no integration with the car at all right? What I like about the integration, not that its VERY important but ..

1) Mutes all other audio when you have incoming call
2) Being able to dial and browse using the Comand screen
3) Recent call list and addr book gets downloaded each time

I have no doubt that an after market unit will do a better job of handeling calls...
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM

‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
I had a Parrot kit installed in my Cayenne. It was a couple of years ago, but it worked extremely well. It muted the radio when a call came in, and downloaded my phone book, also could do voice dailing. The only problem with the one I had (I think it was the 3000) was that the installer couldn't get the sound to work with the stock speakers because he said they were fiber optic and not regular wires, so they installed a speaker under the dash specifically for the phone. The problem was on the road at over 70mph, the volume was too low to hear clearly, even turned up all the way.

Deguero, on your install were they able to integrate the should with Command? Do your phone calls go through the car's speakers or did they install a new speaker just for your phone?

It doesn't integrate into Command, but it looks like this new version (3200) has a fairly large color screen and you can't beat the price vs the MB handsfree install. I had mine installed by Haas Audio in Culver City, CA, they do high end home and auto installs and was referred by the Porsche dealer, very knowledgeable and a nice CLEAN install.

Cyrus
Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking My Screen is a little smaller!

Originally Posted by trezaei
Is this what you're talking about?

So there is no integration with the car at all right? What I like about the integration, not that its VERY important but ..

2) Being able to dial and browse using the Comand screen
3) Recent call list and addr book gets downloaded each time

I have no doubt that an after market unit will do a better job of handeling calls...
trezaei: My screen is a little smaller.
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1167952073

It performs flawlessly!
2) Recent call list and addr book gets downloaded each time
3) Voice calling from address book (will not recognize numbers)
4) installed the unit in the ashtray - it is invisible when I close ashtray
I did not have the integration with the command system installed

Hope this helps. Most importantly it is a fraction of the factory dealer installed price and does more!

Last edited by deaguero; 06-17-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 PM

E63
I've heard of the parrot working well and have heard about issues with using it in conjuction with the cars speakers (i.e. you need to use the speaker it comes with).
Ideally I'd like to go the factory route so I:
1. Don't have an appendage attatched to the dash
2. Can see calls coming in (maybe upload my call list) on the command screen.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Lightbulb Do not have "appendage "hanging"!

I've heard of the parrot working well and have heard about issues with using it in conjuction with the cars speakers (i.e. you need to use the speaker it comes with).
Ideally I'd like to go the factory route so I:
1. Don't have an appendage attatched to the dash
2. Can see calls coming in (maybe upload my call list) on the command screen.
Midcont: My unit is installed in the ashtray/lighter case at the bottom of the command unit. It completely dissapears when I close the ashtray cover.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM

E63
Originally Posted by deaguero
Midcont: My unit is installed in the ashtray/lighter case at the bottom of the command unit. It completely dissapears when I close the ashtray cover.
This i gotta see....if you can post a pic it would be great.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 PM

MBenzNL

Factory Benz bluetooth installed. Works flawlessly. Much less than the price quoted.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/174831-mbenznl-ipod-bluetooth-install-done.html
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Pics! Parrot Bluetooth 3100

This i gotta see....if you can post a pic it would be great.
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1168022267
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1168022267

Last edited by deaguero; 06-17-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
I'm still waiting for the Argos unit! The production release date keeps getting pushed back although I think it will be the best option. The last I heard was March..
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 AM

E63
Deaguero,
Thanks for posting, looks good.
Does the unit work with the factory speaker or does it use a built in speaker that come with the unit?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 AM

I had my dealership try to put the factory BT into my wife's CLK550 which is "prewired". Took them 2 days and over $1200 in parts to add it. I was told it was a plug n' play add on for $300 or so by my salesman. Ended up getting it done out the door for $1000 with them discounting about half of the job. Total headache. I would seriously consider doing a Parrot with the steering wheel integration.

http://www.parrotkits.com/donotcut.html

http://dz1.homestead.com/ParrotBluetooth.html
Old 01-08-2007, 12:37 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Yes!

Deaguero,
Thanks for posting, looks good.
Does the unit work with the factory speaker or does it use a built in speaker that come with the unit?
Midcont: The Parrot does work with my factory speaker system. I did not want to use the aftermarket speaker period! You can also have it mute incoming calls too. I did not want to have them integate the Parrot with my command system since I really rely on my Nav system and did not want to mess with the Command System. I have had it for over 2 months now and absolutely no problems period! Good luck (make sure you order the Parrot 3100 not the 3200)