W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? Question to those who painted/powdercoated AMG Brakes ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996TT
? Question to those who painted/powdercoated AMG Brakes ?

I'm interested in painting the stock AMG Brakes. The rims are gonna be custom made and I want some extra pop to compliment them so I've been thinking about painting them red or alabaster white.

Most cars with an OEM BBK have rust/high temp coated calipers and then they are treated with primer, paint, and clear. So that means that basically a powdercoat is not necessary at all right? I could just paint them and seal them nicely with a few coats right? I am not talking about "paint kits", I am talking about painting them to a finish and process similar to exterior body paint. Would this be okay? As far as I know this would not be a problem but I would like to confirm.

Also how can I get the AMG logo put back on just like stock? I am told its a screen process... how the hell do I do that? Any help would be appreciated. Should I just get some decals made to exact specifications and put them on with a coat of clearcoat over them? Thanks.

Last edited by TPowerdinNY; 04-24-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by MPowerdinNY
I'm interested in painting the stock AMG Brakes. The rims are gonna be custom made and I want some extra pop to compliment them so I've been thinking about painting them red or alabaster white.

Most cars with an OEM BBK have rust/high temp coated calipers and then they are treated with primer, paint, and clear. So that means that basically a powdercoat is not necessary at all right? I could just paint them and seal them nicely with a few coats right? I am not talking about "paint kits", I am talking about painting them to a finish and process similar to exterior body paint. Would this be okay? As far as I know this would not be a problem but I would like to confirm.

Also how can I get the AMG logo put back on just like stock? I am told its a screen process... how the hell do I do that? Any help would be appreciated. Should I just get some decals made to exact specifications and put them on with a coat of clearcoat over them? Thanks.
Using a high temp paint and having the calipers painted as you would a body panel will work but it must be a high temp paint. Here is the place where you can buy the decals for the calipers, http://www.xenonmods.com/
Old 04-24-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
i painted my calipers on a CLK i used to own no problems at all. i have been wanting to do the same to the E55 but was also wondering where to get the AMG decals at. untill now thanks for the link, lkirchner!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
I used those decals after I painted the calipers on my old C320. They worked very well. I also put a clear coat engine enamel over top of the decals once they were on for extra protection and durability.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 AM

996TT
thanks a lot for the info
Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 AM

you guys are trippen....

I would never paint my 8 piston brembo brakes with some pepboys spray cans or paint.

I am contemplating getin my brakes sent out to be painted. The shop i work with does this every day of the week for every lambo, ferrari, porshe, mercedes, bentley..... all that ****...

They look better then new when done, no seriously they look factory. They still say amg exactly the same. Can get every color from white to black.

Send me a pm for more info
Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
go to f1 motorsports in n. hollywood, they do this **** all day long
Old 04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by jdj27x
you guys are trippen....

I would never paint my 8 piston brembo brakes with some pepboys spray cans or paint.

I am contemplating getin my brakes sent out to be painted. The shop i work with does this every day of the week for every lambo, ferrari, porshe, mercedes, bentley..... all that ****...

They look better then new when done, no seriously they look factory. They still say amg exactly the same. Can get every color from white to black.

Send me a pm for more info
who said spray cans? any good body shop can do this no problem!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Powdercoated mine : https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c43-amg-w202/151413-c43-powdercoated-calipers.html
Old 04-25-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You can do nearly perfect job with high temp spray and clear if you are patient and handy. You should remove the caliper to do it right though, and the main reason it isn't the best idea is that I've done the same in the past only to wipe it all off doing a brake job using brake cleaner.....it's not as durable as powder coat.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Will powdercoating the OEM brakes void warranty? I really want to powdercoat my brakes red but worry about dealer response.