W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooptie
Originally Posted by Zlicious
June 14th looks OK. But if we are going to do it on the 14th, I will have to be back that night because of father's day the next day, meaning we will probably have to meet sometime around noon on the 14th. That will give us some time to meet, eat, race, and then drive back home. If it were any other day, I would have made a day out of it and hung out and probably stayed at some hotel.

Your thoughts?

Jrcart, is this cool for the meet time?
Knok knock, Jrcart. Anyone home?..
Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Improviz
I see....and what, prey tell, did they add?

Nothing! They kept it for a month and took all of it back off. You wanna play or not?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Knok knock, Jrcart. Anyone home?..
Sorry, been a couple days since I logged in...I am actually working this week LOL!

I should know by tomorrow about next weekend, and early in the day is fine with us. I'm not going to be logging on here much over the next few days, I'm leaving town, but I will be sure to be in touch.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Nothing! They kept it for a month and took all of it back off. You wanna play or not?
Cheating isn't winning.

"Hey, I said I could wax this car, and after I got called out I went and got a bunch of mods on my car...so now I'll prove I waxed the car!!".

Um, no....not really. Unless you got a detail job.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:01 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sorry, been a couple days since I logged in...I am actually working this week LOL!

I should know by tomorrow about next weekend, and early in the day is fine with us. I'm not going to be logging on here much over the next few days, I'm leaving town, but I will be sure to be in touch.
Sounds good. Sent you a PM with contact info.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Cheating isn't winning.

"Hey, I said I could wax this car, and after I got called out I went and got a bunch of mods on my car...so now I'll prove I waxed the car!!".

Um, no....not really. Unless you got a detail job.

HAHAH!!!! You go from calling BS due to physics to thinking that a 20hp mod will put me over the top!! Too funny. I already told ya, the car is IDENTICAL to when I spanked the Vette. Only difference is HMS GT color painted calipers. Is that a mod? This thread is boring and you are only now being fun. Why'd you have to go and make it personal early?

BTW, you gonna show everyone your tucked tail after Fontana?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
HAHAH!!!! You go from calling BS due to physics to thinking that a 20hp mod will put me over the top!! Too funny. I already told ya, the car is IDENTICAL to when I spanked the Vette.
A 20 hp mod would be two carlengths, dolt. And did you get one or not? If not, why are you talking about 20 hp mods?

Only difference is HMS GT color painted calipers. Is that a mod? This thread is boring and you are only now being fun. Why'd you have to go and make it personal early?
Actually, it was you who made it personal by calling every one of us who called your BS story what it was "haters, nonbelievers, and corvette worshippers". Yet another lie in a long line...

BTW, you gonna show everyone your tucked tail after Fontana?
EDITED

I mean, this is funny....you say you beat a guy in a marathon, and then are going to "prove" it by running him in sprints? You're such a dishonest SOB that you don't even have the honesty, integrity, or sack to recreate the race you claim to have won, instead going for the format where you know you've got an advantage, a standing start run in a slushbox against a 3150 pound 500 hp car with a manual tranny.

I'll bet you're a blast to play poker with....hope the other guys look up your sleeve. Even if you pull off a win in a 1/4 mile run, it will in no way prove that you can take one in a 50-150 rolling start run.

Like I said: are you going to do highway runs too? Because I'd really love to see you spot a Z06 a lead and run him down. Really.

But I won't, now will I? Because you don't have the sack to do it, do you?

Just like you supposedly met up with the guy and could have him post here and clear this up in a heartbeat, yet here we are a month out with no word from the guy, no runs with him from you, no video, nada, zip.

Where is your imaginary friend, jangy?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Improviz, the C6 Z06 BS seems to be spreading...

As I previously stated "Widebody FAKE Z06's" like the RE-badging guy02cl55amg from Las Vegas that I uncovered on this board, & other obvious mistaken identities make all these posts possible...He's still trying to setup a race w/an E55
Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
check my post a few down in this section. i have a bonestock c6 zo6 and want to run a modded amg. i have total respect for these german rockets and would get nervous around em in my old c5 & c6 vettes. just wish i would have waited to buy an 03 cl55 insted of my slug 02.

Here's another E55 211 although BONE STOCK claiming some asinine C6 Z06 runs as well

Posted on:06-02-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
Total "whatever" on this post.

My E55 is stock and I have raced a stock C6 Z06 from a 40 MPH roll. It took him until my 2-3 shift (85-90 mph) to start pulling on me. If we would have started at lower speeds (like in the video) I think it would have been closer to maybe 100. No way his car what he says and or no way you have 496 rwhp.

The 4.10 gears are a bit of a joke, too. They help more coming out of the hole at the strip (with slicks) than most street races...

T

Last edited by Thericker; 06-06-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yet another lie in a long line...original bull***** claim, liar?.......You're such a dishonest SOB that you don't even have the honesty, integrity, or sack........instead going for the format where you know you've got an advantage, a standing start run in a slushbox against a 3150 pound 500 hp car with a manual tranny.....I'll bet you're a blast to play poker with....hope the other guys look up your sleeve....Because you don't have the sack to do it, do you?.....like you supposedly.....where is your imaginary friend
HAHA!! You have some serious issues. And to think that I give a crap about internet opinions on my integrity is pretty funny. Besides the usual cut and paste onslaught, I like how you are already making excuses and assuming that the 55K will do well at the track. Thata boy to flip from facts boy to witch hunter.

Just a few more lies to pile on top of the others:

The "run" happened on my way up to Costa Mesa to drop OFF the car for R&D product development, not to get modded. In the process, it was fitted with the HEMS and dyno'd. The car is now back to EXACTLY the same setup as when the famed sighting occurred. I saw the car a few weeks ago for about 4 hours and haven't seen it since. That is all of the contact I have had with my car in the month you speak of. Sorry that I couldn't run out and prove myself to you.

I am only going to Fontana to have fun and see friends. Eating a few Vettes is only an added treat .

Why do you continually flip flop on the street racing? You want me to set it up? If I do and I win, you aren't going to say it was staged? You don't think its better to bring in your own ringer? You asked for money and I offered that up, too. I'm gonna meetup with Sean for some fun, but not until AFTER I get to play with a Z06. The word is getting out about this VRP tune, but I still like to slap people in the face with it. Find the guy that wants to participate and we'll do it. Everything from weighing in to video of whatever runs you want. Interestingly enough, the "word" on the VRP tune is that it wakes the car up from 70mph.....hmmmm, imagine that..
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
HAHA!! You have some serious issues. And to think that I give a crap about internet opinions on my integrity is pretty funny. Besides the usual cut and paste onslaught, I like how you are already making excuses and assuming that the 55K will do well at the track. Thata boy to flip from facts boy to witch hunter.
Not at all, mr fast-and-loose w/the facts; I've said all along that the Z06 is extremely difficult to launch and that few drivers could hit a sub-12 in them, but that we are talking about what YOU claimed, a standing-start run, NOT a quarter mile run. Here's an early example from the thread of my saying exactly that:
Actually, I was using 125 as the average trap, not 128, which I agree is high. And I agree with you totally that few Z06 owners are going to be capable of turning sub-12 1/4 mile runs simply due to the enourmous difficulty of launching a vehicle that light with that much torque and an IRS, just as there are few E55 owners who'll be running very low 12's stock. It's hard to get a torque monster out of the hole, full stop.

But bear in mind that we aren't talking a standing-start run here. In a rolling-start run, it's a lot harder to screw up. Not to say it doesn't happen, but the skill factor is a lot lower there than nailing a 1.7 sec. 60' time.

The reason I'm citing trap is because it gives an idea of the *potential* a vehicle has, and is a strong indicator of how a vehicle will do in a rolling-start run. Now, admittedly, at 40 mph the 'vette *should* be in 1st gear and so wheelspin could be a problem, but even if he spins a bit he should quickly recover, and from there he's got one shift at 61, one more at 91, and a third at 125.

Is it possible to blow them, or to short shift, or to put bad gas in the car, or to have a weak example? Sure. But the OP said that Z06s are "slow", which is patently ridiculous, and seems to think that they'd be toast against his car, full stop.

It is this with which I take issue...the data simply doesn't support this, period.
No flip-flopping whatsoever; it's you who's flip-flopped and who is now trying to use a standing-start 1/4 mile run to verify the results of a 50-150 rolling start run!

Why do you continually flip flop on the street racing? You want me to set it up? If I do and I win, you aren't going to say it was staged? You don't think its better to bring in your own ringer? You asked for money and I offered that up, too. I'm gonna meetup with Sean for some fun, but not until AFTER I get to play with a Z06. The word is getting out about this VRP tune, but I still like to slap people in the face with it. Find the guy that wants to participate and we'll do it. Everything from weighing in to video of whatever runs you want. Interestingly enough, the "word" on the VRP tune is that it wakes the car up from 70mph.....hmmmm, imagine that..
Sure, I'd love to see you set it up, and if thericker is there, that'd be even better (for obvious reasons, I don't trust you, but I trust him ) .

And yes, physics does show your claim of giving him a jump and chasing him down to be dubious, for the simple fact that when starting out at 50 mph, that thing will put on something like 10-12 mph in the first second. So you're going to give him a jump, let him get going 10-12 mph faster than your speed, and then chase him down with around 50 more rwhp than him, with around 1000 lbs more curb weight???

Yeah, right...if the guy had a load of bricks in his trunk, maybe, but not against one who knew how to drive. To run him down and blow by him as you described, you'd need to pick up 15-20 mph on him in a half mile, or 7-10 in the 1/4...your car would have to be trapping at least 130 mph to do that to a Z06, more like 133 to 135.

It ain't happenin' with 505 rwhp. And at least your little runs *will* tell us a trap speed, which should illustrate how silly this claim was...you've got enough oats to give one a decent run, but not to do what you're claiming. With a true 505 rwhp and a stock weight you should hit a best 122 trap, about 10 mph shy of what you'd need.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-06-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yes, yes, I know...Newton's Second Law of Motion is not applicable in the Land of Jangy.

I'll be waiting for those 130 mph trap speeds when you hit the drag strip.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 S55 AMG silver
And then we cam finally put this debate to bed, I for one can't wait to see the results.

Hey Jangy..... Did that guy ever take you up on the 10k bet?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450

Yeah that aint happening ... not even close.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by iceman4149
And then we cam finally put this debate to bed, I for one can't wait to see the results.

Hey Jangy..... Did that guy ever take you up on the 10k bet?

It was Mr. Improviz and no, he eludes that part.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yes, yes, I know...Newton's Second Law of Motion is not applicable in the Land of Jangy.

As long as you know. Are you floppinf again? I thought the results at the drag had nothing to do with my initial lie and now 130mph traps are the holy targets? Keep making up numbers.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
Yeah that aint happening ... not even close.
I never said it would, but I also wasn't the one that said it was needed to beat a vette.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Ok,

So Mr. Improviz why are you guys not racing for the agreed 10k? I thought you where actually the one who suggested in the first place, please excuse me if I'm mistaken, as I'm not choosing sides.

I think once the bet was suggested, and agreed upon, the matter can be put to rest, and if jangy is willing to put money to the tune of 10K, then he is willing to back up his claims with cold hard cash.

Let's set it up and put the matter to rest once and for all.

Money talks BS walks.

Last edited by iceman4149; 06-06-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Nope, I never said I'd be making the bet personally, I asked you if you'd be willing to run the Z06 guys for money. Lucky for you, they all thought you were a waste of time.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Nope, I never said I'd be making the bet personally, I asked you if you'd be willing to run the Z06 guys for money. Lucky for you, they all thought you were a waste of time.
I think 10k will be more than enough compensation.

just my 0.2
Old 06-06-2008, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
As long as you know. Are you floppinf again? I thought the results at the drag had nothing to do with my initial lie and now 130mph traps are the holy targets? Keep making up numbers.
How about you show where my math is wrong? It's pretty simple, unless you dispute that:

1) Z06s trap at 125;

2) Z06s run from 50-62 in about one second;

3) if you give one a one second spot, that means he'd be going 10-12 mph faster;

4) therefore, to give him the jump and chase him down, you'd need to not only make up the 10-12 mph, but also put enough speed on him to pull ahead, which is what you, yourself described doing.

If there are any errors in there, jangy, be sure to point them out, OK?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Lucky for me.... LOL!!! You don't even amuse me anymore.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by iceman4149
I think 10k will be more than enough compensation.

just my 0.2
Well, go to the vette forums as I did, and see if you can have any better luck getting one to show up. I tried, but one of them instantly locked my posts, and the other one had no takers.

Of course, if jangy would just get in touch with the guy who he ran and re run it, getting it on the fancy digital videocam he keeps prattling on about, this could be settled.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
...unless you dispute that:

I call BS to all of your scewed numbers.

1) Z06s trap at 125;

So what? And the E55 is faster out of the dig, so it wouldn't need to trap as high to have lower times.

2) Z06s run from 50-62 in about one second;

About? So that is your degree of assurance? About?

3) if you give one a one second spot, that means he'd be going 10-12 mph faster;

Would it really? Why one second spot? Why 10-12mph? Why not 9 or 13?

4) therefore, to give him the jump and chase him down, you'd need to not only make up the 10-12 mph, but also put enough speed on him to pull ahead, which is what you, yourself described doing.

There you go, adding 2 and 3 and geting 8 AGAIN!

If there are any errors in there, jangy, be sure to point them out, OK?
OK.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lucky for me.... LOL!!! You don't even amuse me anymore.
I'll be very amused when I see video. When are you going to stop typing and start filming?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?