W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by iceman4149
I just don't see a long standing member, any of then for that matter, making stuff like this up, it serves no one, specially them to do so.
Then I would humbly suggest you read the following few posts:

This:

And this:

550 posts to his credit, yet for some reason he vanished after this.

Also search for "ClayJ", in this forum.

Also look at Eric Fletcher's history over at Audiworld.com.

People lie.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It all comes down if you believe Jangy. I think those of us who've met him and know him believe him and those that haven't may not (not that there's anything wrong with that...
Exactly. This thread went from being a simple shout from me to a personal back and forth. We haven't been OT in a while. I can't help what happened, but I also remember when some E55 guys threw on the Eis Race exhaust or cut out the cats / mufflers / resonators thinking they were adding power. Instead, they lost backpressure and lost anywhere from 20hp to overheating. I've had my car setup wrong many times. how about when i came to fontana without the Airbox tubes?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by juicee63
Friday you will have yer hands full..

Several Z06's on tap

Remember we are family no matter how badly you are beaten by the 63's we will support you 100% in your effort to embarrass the Chevy. If not we can always use Greg's 700 hp stang to take em down.
I can't wait. I'm more intpo racing any MB than a vette, but it will be nice to guage them.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Improviz
You never answered my question. Would you like for me to go to the Z06 forum and arrange a little meet with your Z06-killing E55 and some Z06 owners, all on video of course?

Perhaps we could arrange an M6 or two as well, would love to see this all on vid!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
This one:
http://www.z06vette.com/
And this one:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/

If you think you can do a better job of getting them to show, have at it.

But hey, just because I love you so much, I'll give it one more go, and see if any of them will go to Palomar this weekend. If so, I'll pass it along.

What is with all the love? Are you just the truth police on routine duty or is there some Ohio connection? If all you want to prove is that I lied, OK. I'm a liar. That won't change my relationships on this site.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jangy
Do disrespect, but the dude was trying. We even spoke about it later. If he can't drive, then tough. I don't care and there are no excuses in a race. Last thing, my car is neither an E63 nor stock. I am putting down more HP and LOADS of TQ over an E63.

Sears point is far, BUT maybe if we get enough money on it (improv?). By the way, what happenned to the slew of Z06 people in SoCal that would come and slap me around? Not one rsponse out of the second largest car club in California.

Asked again
Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
No, you never said he wasn't into a repeat, only that you'd seen him and that you'd be getting together for some runs soon.

So if you know him and have his contact info, why not have him post on here, post some pics of his car, verify that he was in gear, etc. to clear this up?? Doesn't he have a computer?? He can afford a $75,000 sports car but not a PC??
He can afford much more than some $75k car and I'm sure he has a computer. When will you understand I don't care what you believe. I've spent 4 years here digging into my car and taking pics and vids of all kinds of stuff that were questioned. But why would I waste energy on something just to "prove" a 30 minute run on I5?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Then I would humbly suggest you read the following few posts:

This:

And this:

550 posts to his credit, yet for some reason he vanished after this.

Also search for "ClayJ", in this forum.

Also look at Eric Fletcher's history over at Audiworld.com.

People lie.

Humbly? Dude, you are really digging. Bring it. Bring it deep. You are so up the worng the tree and I'd love to see whose house has stronger glass. It really does make me wonder what your agenda is. Either way, troll on.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Humbly? Dude, you are really digging. Bring it. Bring it deep. You are so up the worng the tree and I'd love to see whose house has stronger glass. It really does make me wonder what your agenda is. Either way, troll on.
Jangy how bout our lil free-way runs? Say this up coming wknd? Sat 14th?
You should deff beat me but I'd love to see by how muchI'm thinkin' not a whole lot on the freeway w/my 600 torque and our cars are pretty close in curb weight about 200 odd lbs in differece between us. Will run from say 50-145 or soooo

ps..Deff race before noon say 10-11:00am in LA, it'll be a blast then we can grab a beer at hooters afterwards

Last edited by Thericker; 06-09-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Jangy how bout our lil free-way runs? Say this up coming wknd? Sat 14th?
You should deff beat me but I'd love to see by how muchI'm thinkin' not a whole lot on the freeway w/my 600 torque and our cars are pretty close in curb weight about 200 odd lbs in differece between us. Will run from say 50-145 or soooo

ps..Deff race before noon say 10-11:00am in LA, it'll be a blast then we can grab a beer at hooters afterwards

Bro, i still don't have my car back and have to be in Fontana on friday with Drs on.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by ryan0
werd.
heeeeee's back, welcome
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by ryan0
too bad i was at a race track all weekend actually racing, or i could have bench raced with all ya'll. maybe next weekend.
Eric Fletcher?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Hooptie
So, I am looking forward to our race this weekend..

Jrcart, let me know if we are still on for this weekend.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 S55 AMG silver
iceman4149, rather busy today, so I'll address a few pertinant items before I call it a night:

1) I don't think that it's an accurate characterization to say that I was "betting on someone else's behalf", as I simply enquired if he would bet, which I needed to know before going to the Z06 forum; conversely, I could've posted there to see if anyone would run him for money and then asked him, but that's chicken/egg, isn't it? Not being a mind reader, I could only surmise, and clearly surmised wrong. Oh, well, I won't lose any sleep over it, more of a disappointment w/the Z06 guys than anything else.
I appreciate you taking the time to give an answer and clarify.

How else would you want me to characterize it? you where the one to suggest the bet in the first place, right? You may have not intended to make the bet yourself, and that's fine, but I don't see the point in suggesting it, if you were not intending on make in it yourself, or if you did not have some one lined up already.

2) a Z06 is not a car that one simply hops into and drives to its fullest potential; it is a car that requires experience and practice, and I wouldn't feel comfortable after a several year absence from driving manuals...nor do I really care *that* much about this to spend (more accurately, waste) the amount of time necessary to do what you're suggesting, as I think the proof is in the lack of pudding here, along with the videos, timeslips, dynos, etc...the evidence is quite clear, and doesn't point to this being anything more than either a run-in with a guy who should trade his Z06 in on a Buick, a fabrication, or some combination thereof.
I agree that this is not the type of vehicle you just jump in and race, that's why I suggested you found a good driver to do it.

To say that you don't care "*that* much" about it, is disingenuous at best, just by the shear number of post and attacks towards jangy, suggest different.

3) congratulations on the Panerai ($17K seems a bit steep, though, or is this the wrong model?), not a huge fan, but nice watches nevertheless which are starting to grow on me...if they show some longevity in terms of being an "it" watch (only really been popular, though admittedly they're *very* popular, for the last decade or so), I'll look into them...I like to stick w/the classics (IWC, VC, Rolex, Patek) that will always appreciate...anyway, I digress, and could go OT about watches for hours, which I doubt anyone wants to see; only reason I brought it up is because you seemed to be implying that I was backing out of a bet (a bet, for the record, that I never made) because I couldn't swing it. I could just as easily brought up some other stuff, but I like watches.
When I bought mine in 2006, they where 15K and change plus tax, and I agree with you I'm also a watch afficionado and could spent hours talking about them.

However, you seem to be saying that that was not your intention, so I'll take you at your word.
It was not, and thank you for taking me at my word.

Also, I did explain to you that my intention was to entice the guys at the Z06 forum, so yes, I guess it was "my bad" to assume that those guys, who spent tons of money on ultra performance cars, might be interested in actually running somebody in one who was calling their cars "slow". Which makes me guilty of being as bad of a mind reader as you are, as I would argue it is "your bad" for "assuming" that I, personally, made a bet when I simply asked him if he'd like to bet on it (if I was making the bet, I would have said "I'll bet you X", you see).
You did explain, but not after I asked you 3 times about it, and jangy said I would not get an answer from you, any reasonable person could infer from your original suggestion, that you were the one willing to bet, again I don't see the point in even bringing it up unless *you* are the one willing to do it, it's pointless, when in fact you were trying to use the *bet* to make yours.

4) you've been active in this forum for a long time? Well, your post count is 49 posts, so maybe you're an all-time champion lurker, but I don't consider lurking to be "active". Of course, that's my interpretation.
And you can, you are entitled to your opinion, and I guess yes I'm and all time lurker, for years I've enjoyed other ppls post as entertainment at the office, or when I'm sitting on the toilet in the mornings, still that does not take away the validity to my questions, that you chose to ignore for sometime on the basis that I was a Noob, as if that makes them less valid....

Good to see we can agree on some things.

I see your point, to a point, but I respectfully disagree that it makes everything else, including videos, time slips, dynos, test numbers, etc. "rhetoric", so we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Agreed.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I appreciate you taking the time to give an answer and clarify.

How else would you want me to characterize it?
There is a difference between "making" a bet and "arranging" a bet, and as I have explained to you multiple times now, I was attempting to do the latter. As to the reason for suggesting it, I already made that clear as well: to entice the Z06 owners, who at that time had not responded to requests to run him, to run him.

When I bought mine in 2006, they where 15K and change plus tax
Hmm, well, maybe they're a rarity among Swiss timepieces and have dropped their MSRP since they came out; all of the watches I know of have gone *up*, in no small part thanks to the collapsing dollar, since '06....in any case, luxury bazaar has one brand spanking new for $11.6K, which they list as its MSRP:
http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timep...PAM_00253.html

Otoh, maybe they have increased in value since then: this Panerai price list from 2006 lists it at $9100:
http://www.paneristi.com/reference/p...rices2006.html

, and I agree with you I'm also a watch afficionado and could spent hours talking about them.
Yeah....well, you know, there are watch forums too. timezone is quite good.

I agree that this is not the type of vehicle you just jump in and race, that's why I suggested you found a good driver to do it.
Well, in fact that's what I was, and still am, attempting to do, along w/juicee63. I'm not, however, going to take the trouble to rent one (assuming anyone is crazy enough to rent one ungoverned in any case, which I kind of doubt, but stranger things have happened...), and I'm not about to leave a pregnant wife and fly out to CA to run some blowhard, thank you very much.

To say that you don't care "*that* much" about it, is disingenuous at best, just by the shear number of post and attacks towards jangy, suggest different.
No, I think it's disengenuous to mischaracterize what I've said, repeatedly, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy I've extended to you, taking me at my word, and NOT taking my words out of context. I plainly said that I don't care about it THAT much wrt taking time out of my schedule to fly out to CA, which is a far cry from spending a few moments in front of a computer taking the **** out of someone who was exceedingly rude to numerous upstanding and longstanding members of this forum, which is why I got into it in the first place.

It was not, and thank you for taking me at my word.
You're welcome, and I hope you'll try a bit harder to do the same for me.

You did explain, but not after I asked you 3 times about it,
Which is totally false, as I shall show momentarily...

and jangy said I would not get an answer from you, any reasonable person could infer from your original suggestion, that you were the one willing to bet,
Well, believe whatever you want. As I said, there is a difference between making and arranging a bet, which you seem to have a great deal of difficulty comprehending, and I'm tired of explaining it to your deaf ears.

again I don't see the point in even bringing it up unless *you* are the one willing to do it, it's pointless, when in fact you were trying to use the *bet* to make yours.
Well, that's a matter of opinion, and of confusing "arranging" with "making", and quite frankly, I think I've fully explained myself on this matter, and really don't intend to spend my time engaging in countering creative interpretations and/or hairsplitting.

So, I won't....either take me at my word or don't, but I've wasted enough time on this little tangential sub-thread belaboring this point with you. The fact is that I never said that I would bet anyone, nor did I "agree" to any bet or monetary amount, as I will also show momentarily.

And you can, you are entitled to your opinion, and I guess yes I'm and all time lurker, for years I've enjoyed other ppls post as entertainment at the office, or when I'm sitting on the toilet in the mornings, still that does not take away the validity to my questions, that you chose to ignore for sometime on the basis that I was a Noob, as if that makes them less valid....
I ignored ONE of them because I had already answered it, as I shall show in a moment.

Further, your first post asked me if I would be racing jangy for "the agreed upon" amount, when 1) I don't own an Z06, and 2) I never "agreed" to *ANY* amount. And I didn't ignore it, I responded to it, and have responded to every subsequent post you've made. You asked why I hadn't set it up; I responded that I had tried at two different 'vette forums and found no takers, prior to and after a bet was discussed.

You then ignored this response and said that you thought it was me who was going to set it up, which I found slightly annoying since I'd already said that I'd tried and found no takers, so yes, given that I already answered your question, twice, I didn't bother answering it a third time. You quoted and responded to a post where I had explicitly stated that I had no intention of personally betting, and you still continued to badger me about supposedly making a bet when I'd told you quite clearly that I hadn't.

So if anyone here has been ignoring responses, it is you, as I explicitly told you, not once but twice, that I HAD tried to set up the race with the guys on the Corvette forums, and that they hadn't responded. You continued to insist that I HAD made a bet after I had stated quite explicitly that I HADN'T.

So please, spare me the sanctimony. Here is the train of posts, let's see who is ignoring whom:
And then we cam finally put this debate to bed, I for one can't wait to see the results.

Hey Jangy..... Did that guy ever take you up on the 10k bet?

It was Mr. Improviz and no, he eludes that part.

Ok,

So Mr. Improviz why are you guys not racing for the agreed 10k? I thought you where actually the one who suggested in the first place, please excuse me if I'm mistaken, as I'm not choosing sides.

I think once the bet was suggested, and agreed upon, the matter can be put to rest, and if jangy is willing to put money to the tune of 10K, then he is willing to back up his claims with cold hard cash.

Let's set it up and put the matter to rest once and for all.

Money talks BS walks.

Nope, I never said I'd be making the bet personally, I asked you if you'd be willing to run the Z06 guys for money. Lucky for you, they all thought you were a waste of time.
So, there I explicitly stated that I hadn't agreed to personally making a bet...which you ignored, and continue to ignore.

I think 10k will be more than enough compensation.

just my 0.2

Well, go to the vette forums as I did, and see if you can have any better luck getting one to show up. I tried, but one of them instantly locked my posts, and the other one had no takers.

Of course, if jangy would just get in touch with the guy who he ran and re run it, getting it on the fancy digital videocam he keeps prattling on about, this could be settled.

So, there I explain that I had tried to set it up...and what do you do? Totally IGNORE it and press on, re-asking the same question I had just answered:

I thought you were going to set it up? again if I'm wrong please forgive me.

This would put an end to this endless debate. And the z06 owner would be well compensated for his trouble.

Since I had already answered your question, yes, I ignored it. Which, playing the pot, you get rather indignant with the kettle:

You keep ignoring my questions....

I was the one that said talk was cheap.

Yes, as anyone can see by reading the above, I ignored ONE question, namely the one that I had already answered, twice. And responded as such:
No, you keep ignoring my answers. And I'm not the one making the claims about my car's performance, jangy is.
So, what did you do? IGNORE the fact that I had addressed the "bet", by explicitly telling you that I hadn't made one, and implicitly telling you that nobody from the 'vette forums had made one either:
Dude you never addressed the "bet" time to put your money where your mouth is.

Enough said.
But even after that, I answered you AGAIN:
What I said was that I would try to arrange for Z06 owners to show up and run him, and asked him if he'd put some money on doing what he said he could do, i.e. give one a spot and then run him down, figuring that since they hadn't shown up for free, a bit of enticement might get them to show. I then went to their forum and posted the offer (would you like the links to the threads I started, sparky?). They didn't take it. Sucks, but guess what: I really don't have any way to compel people to accept a challenge.

Got any other bright ideas there, sunshine? If you feel you can do a better job setting up a run, by all means, feel free.
So, what do you do in response: IGNORE my earlier explicit statement that I hadn't (and wasn't planning on) betting:
Well, it's true you cannot compel anyone to do something against their will, on that, you are absolutely correct, but I do have an idea, why don't you rent a z06 for a day and go run jangy? that way we can put this to bed.

If I lived anywhere close to him and felt the way you do, I would do it, and since you offer to BET, I assume you have the pockets to back it up with....

I might even fly to SoCal from Atlanta just to see it happen. k
Again, I explained:
Plus, I wasn't referring to me making the bet, I was referring to the owners....I live in TX, not CA. As I said, I proposed this to try and entice our shy friends at the Z06 forum to actually show up....but those guys, well, frankly, were quite a disappointment.
And again, you IGNORED:

I see your point improviz, but where you FAILED was in trying to make a bet with the man, when you were not willing and/or able to back it up, and now you are the one that looks like a fool.

What jangy described is possible, if you involve all factors (mods, driver, ect.) He could also be full of s**t, but if he is willing to lay down 10K to prove it, then I'm listening, and if you had no way to back up the bet in the first place, I would have not made it.... Can you concede that?
So, there you have it. I answered your questions about attempting to set up the runs, and told you explicitly multiple times that I wasn't making a bet.

YOU IGNORED BOTH ANSWERS, MULTIPLE TIMES.

And continue to ignore them, instead attempting to force a narrative that the facts do not support onto the thread.

So please, spare me the sanctimonious BS. There's one person who's ignoring here, and it certainly isn't me, and the facts show it.

Agreed.
Amen.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-10-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
haha remind me to NEVER get into an argument with you man.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Have I said this already... I love this thread
Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
There is a difference between "making" a bet and "arranging" a bet, and as I have explained to you multiple times now, I was attempting to do the latter. As to the reason for suggesting it, I already made that clear as well: to entice the Z06 owners, who at that time had not responded to requests to run him, to run him.
I'm glad you can differentiate between the two, because I'm about to make my point, since you though you where going to "tell me" and smack me down with this clever dance that you just did above.

Hmm, well, maybe they're a rarity among Swiss timepieces and have dropped their MSRP since they came out; all of the watches I know of have gone *up*, in no small part thanks to the collapsing dollar, since '06....in any case, luxury bazaar has one brand spanking new for $11.6K, which they list as its MSRP:
Umm, I bought mine in the DR where we have a 30% import tax on luxury goods, on top of the regular sales tax, but by the way this units where made in limited editions of 500 and if you look at this link http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Lhr3JYClNZdYHA where the watch original msrp is 11k and change and now you have to pay 16k for it....

Otoh, maybe they have increased in value since then: this Panerai price list from 2006 lists it at $9100:
http://www.feelgoodwatches.com/produ...oducts_id/3120
Maybe you should pay closer attention to the description, where it tells you that this is a FLOOR model with wear and small scratches.

Yeah....well, you know, there are watch forums too. timezone is quite good.
Thanks, I'll have to check it out

Well, in fact that's what I was, and still am, attempting to do, along w/juicee63. I'm not, however, going to take the trouble to rent one (assuming anyone is crazy enough to rent one ungoverned in any case, which I kind of doubt, but stranger things have happened...), and I'm not about to leave a pregnant wife and fly out to CA to run some blowhard, thank you very much.
NOTED.

No, I think it's disengenuous to mischaracterize what I've said, repeatedly, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy I've extended to you, taking me at my word, and NOT taking my words out of context. I plainly said that I don't care about it THAT much wrt taking time out of my schedule to fly out to CA, which is a far cry from spending a few moments in front of a computer taking the **** out of someone who was exceedingly rude to numerous upstanding and longstanding members of this forum, which is why I got into it in the first place.
You know I'm going to take you at your word, because you extended me the same courtesy, but not before I show you exactly what YOU SAID.

Look on...

Wanna put some money on it? Because I'll bet we can round up some of those "slow" Z06s to run you like you said....ya know, giving the "slow" Z06 the spot and then running him down?

How much you wanna bet that if 1) you start out at the same time as a Z06 in a 70-150 pull, you'll be behind at the end, and 2) if you give him a spot & try to chase him down, you'll be ten cars or so back at the end?
You did say this right? Notice the "Wanna put money on it?" and the "Because I'll bet", that does sound or reads like you are the one TRYING TO MAKE THE BET. Right?

You want me to take you at your word? Fine, done, but then you try to admonish me below, right?

You're welcome, and I hope you'll try a bit harder to do the same for me.
You are right, I will try harder the next time.

Which is totally false, as I shall show momentarily...

Well, believe whatever you want. As I said, there is a difference between making and arranging a bet, which you seem to have a great deal of difficulty comprehending, and I'm tired of explaining it to your deaf ears.

Well, that's a matter of opinion, and of confusing "arranging" with "making", and quite frankly, I think I've fully explained myself on this matter, and really don't intend to spend my time engaging in countering creative interpretations and/or hairsplitting.

So, I won't....either take me at my word or don't, but I've wasted enough time on this little tangential sub-thread belaboring this point with you. The fact is that I never said that I would bet anyone, nor did I "agree" to any bet or monetary amount, as I will also show momentarily.

I ignored ONE of them because I had already answered it, as I shall show in a moment.

Further, your first post asked me if I would be racing jangy for "the agreed upon" amount, when 1) I don't own an Z06, and 2) I never "agreed" to *ANY* amount. And I didn't ignore it, I responded to it, and have responded to every subsequent post you've made. You asked why I hadn't set it up; I responded that I had tried at two different 'vette forums and found no takers, prior to and after a bet was discussed.

You then ignored this response and said that you thought it was me who was going to set it up, which I found slightly annoying since I'd already said that I'd tried and found no takers, so yes, given that I already answered your question, twice, I didn't bother answering it a third time. You quoted and responded to a post where I had explicitly stated that I had no intention of personally betting, and you still continued to badger me about supposedly making a bet when I'd told you quite clearly that I hadn't.

So if anyone here has been ignoring responses, it is you, as I explicitly told you, not once but twice, that I HAD tried to set up the race with the guys on the Corvette forums, and that they hadn't responded. You continued to insist that I HAD made a bet after I had stated quite explicitly that I HADN'T.

So please, spare me the sanctimony. Here is the train of posts, let's see who is ignoring whom:

So, there I explicitly stated that I hadn't agreed to personally making a bet...which you ignored, and continue to ignore.

So, there I explain that I had tried to set it up...and what do you do? Totally IGNORE it and press on, re-asking the same question I had just answered:

Since I had already answered your question, yes, I ignored it. Which, playing the pot, you get rather indignant with the kettle:

Yes, as anyone can see by reading the above, I ignored ONE question, namely the one that I had already answered, twice. And responded as such:

So, what did you do? IGNORE the fact that I had addressed the "bet", by explicitly telling you that I hadn't made one, and implicitly telling you that nobody from the 'vette forums had made one either:

But even after that, I answered you AGAIN:

So, what do you do in response: IGNORE my earlier explicit statement that I hadn't (and wasn't planning on) betting:

Again, I explained:

And again, you IGNORED:

So, there you have it. I answered your questions about attempting to set up the runs, and told you explicitly multiple times that I wasn't making a bet.

YOU IGNORED BOTH ANSWERS, MULTIPLE TIMES.

And continue to ignore them, instead attempting to force a narrative that the facts do not support onto the thread.

So please, spare me the sanctimonious BS. There's one person who's ignoring here, and it certainly isn't me, and the facts show it.

Amen.
No is not false, if you had given me a straight answer and not a dance around, like "I was trying to arrange", instead of what you really said, which was "I BET" then I would have not ignored your previous answers.

So from now on, be careful, when you are trying to make your point, that you are really clear on what you really say, because the above quote is really clear in my eyes.

Have a good day sir,

I'm done going in circles.

Last edited by iceman4149; 06-10-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Vic55
Have I said this already... I love this thread
Me too
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
irst, let me visit Panerai again:

When I bought mine in 2006, they where 15K and change plus tax

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/p...rices2006.html
Umm, I bought mine in the DR where we have a 30% import tax on luxury goods, on top of the regular sales tax, but by the way this units where made in limited editions of 500 and if you look at this link http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Lhr3JYClNZdYHA where the watch original msrp is 11k and change and now you have to pay 16k for it....
Essentialwatches.com are in Beverly Hills, and price their stuff accordingly...there are plenty of other places where you can get it for $thousands less.

The watch you said you paid $17K for is is a PAM 253, limited edition of 500 units as you said. You can see it here, on Panerai's website: http://www.panerai.com/s_special_edi...categoria=5824

Both of the links I have above are for limited-edition PAM 253s, and both say so explicitly, meaning that you either did not bother to read them or are being, as you put it, "disengenuous" about their content. The Panerai price list from 2006 that I linked to ( [color]blue]here it is again[/color] ) lists the PAM 253 at $9100 US. Quoting directly from the price list, under the SPECIAL EDITION section:
PAM 253 Luminor 1950 Flyback Regatta, steel case 44mm 9100 (under $usd column)
Luxury Bazaar, the other site I listed, has one, brand new, at $11.2K. The other site has one which is shop worn for $9100. Both of these are a far, far cry from $16K. And so what if one is a FLOOR model; a FLOOR model isn't going to be sold at half price, and just goes to show how overinflated the site you linked to is to try and get $16K for one.

Here's a used one for $9600:
http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=123196&rid=0

Here's a brand new one which sold for $11400:
http://www.watches24seven.com/galler...g2_itemId=6425

And that is in addition to the ones I listed before, making four.

So, plenty of examples out there for far less than $16...and as I said, typically Panerais sell for close to list, even used. I looked at a used Luminor 8 Days model a few weeks ago, and it was selling used for list price, and this is not a limited edition....anyway, if you paid $16K for it, you overpaid, even with a 30% excise tax. Congratulations. Instead of getting a good timepiece that appreciates, you overpaid and can now sell it for what you paid for it in Beverly Hills, far less elsewhere. I prefer to make money on my watches, but whatver floats your boat.

I'm glad you can differentiate between the two, because I'm about to make my point, since you though you where going to "tell me" and smack me down with this clever dance that you just did above.
More sophistry...if you call posting all of the exchages we've had thus far and illustrating how you 1) dishonestly accused me of failing to respond to your questions, and 2) IGNORED my answers, then turned around and whined when I ignored a question that I already answered twice, "dancing", then by all means, I must be Fred Astaire.

As I said: I got tired of your baseless, false accusations, and so I posted them so people could see who was "ignoring" whom, and the post trail makes that abundantly clear. Sorry that bothers you.

It's quite amusing, actually, to see you twist words and take them out of context. You take the metaphoric phrase "Because I'll bet we can round up some of those "slow" Z06s to run you", then rip the partial phrase "Because I'll bet" out of it, totally out of context, and then cite this as "proof" that *I* made a bet. Which would actually be funny were it not so weak and pathetic. Talk about grasping at straws; you even had to manufacture the straw!

This contextual mangling is evidence enough of either serious comprehension issues, or serious intellectual dishonesty; whichever it is, it's clear that a "fair and balanced" discussion is the last thing on your mind here.

As to the rest, I posted the entire sub-thread, people can read the posts and decide for themselves. I've wasted far too much time with you already. Au revoir.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
irst, let me visit Panerai again:

Essentialwatches.com are in Beverly Hills, and price their stuff accordingly...there are plenty of other places where you can get it for $thousands less.

The watch you said you paid $17K for is is a PAM 253, limited edition of 500 units as you said. You can see it here, on Panerai's website: http://www.panerai.com/s_special_edi...categoria=5824

Both of the links I have above are for limited-edition PAM 253s, and both say so explicitly, meaning that you either did not bother to read them or are being, as you put it, "disengenuous" about their content. The Panerai price list from 2006 that I linked to ( [color]blue]here it is again[/color] ) lists the PAM 253 at $9100 US. Quoting directly from the price list, under the SPECIAL EDITION section:

Luxury Bazaar, the other site I listed, has one, brand new, at $11.2K. The other site has one which is shop worn for $9100. Both of these are a far, far cry from $16K. And so what if one is a FLOOR model; a FLOOR model isn't going to be sold at half price, and just goes to show how overinflated the site you linked to is to try and get $16K for one.

Here's a used one for $9600:
http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=123196&rid=0

Here's a brand new one which sold for $11400:
http://www.watches24seven.com/galler...g2_itemId=6425

And that is in addition to the ones I listed before, making four.

So, plenty of examples out there for far less than $16...and as I said, typically Panerais sell for close to list, even used. I looked at a used Luminor 8 Days model a few weeks ago, and it was selling used for list price, and this is not a limited edition....anyway, if you paid $16K for it, you overpaid, even with a 30% excise tax. Congratulations. Instead of getting a good timepiece that appreciates, you overpaid and can now sell it for what you paid for it in Beverly Hills, far less elsewhere. I prefer to make money on my watches, but whatver floats your boat.

More sophistry...if you call posting all of the exchages we've had thus far and illustrating how you 1) dishonestly accused me of failing to respond to your questions, and 2) IGNORED my answers, then turned around and whined when I ignored a question that I already answered twice, "dancing", then by all means, I must be Fred Astaire.

As I said: I got tired of your baseless, false accusations, and so I posted them so people could see who was "ignoring" whom, and the post trail makes that abundantly clear. Sorry that bothers you.

It's quite amusing, actually, to see you twist words and take them out of context. You take the metaphoric phrase "Because I'll bet we can round up some of those "slow" Z06s to run you", then rip the partial phrase "Because I'll bet" out of it, totally out of context, and then cite this as "proof" that *I* made a bet. Which would actually be funny were it not so weak and pathetic. Talk about grasping at straws; you even had to manufacture the straw!

This contextual mangling is evidence enough of either serious comprehension issues, or serious intellectual dishonesty; whichever it is, it's clear that a "fair and balanced" discussion is the last thing on your mind here.

As to the rest, I posted the entire sub-thread, people can read the posts and decide for themselves. I've wasted far too much time with you already. Au revoir.
Touche my friend, I wonder on how many ways you can interpret or twist the phrase "I'LL BET", but as you said earlier we have wasted too much time debating this, and we can let the rest of the people following this thread decide.

And by the way..... My comprehension is just fine in 2 different languages, and if by contextual mangling you mean quoting you word for word, and then telling me that what I just read somehow is supposed to mean something else, then I guess you are absolutely right.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
And by the way..... My comprehension is just fine in 2 different languages,
You could've fooled me!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
You could've fooled me!
This is crazy, I'm not coming back, I'm outa here. Someone here is related to this man.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I am doing now what I should have done a long time ago and that's closing this thead.

Time to move on guys and for those of you that are setting up a race/run use the PM function- its much safer