W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conclusion to the massive manhunt for scammer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Conclusion to the massive manhunt for scammer?

Just curious, guys. Whatever happened to this:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

I followed pretty much the whole thing from beginning to end, and I keep checking back at the thread for a conclusion, but it's been closed for a while now. I must know!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:04 AM

2004 E55
+1
Old 07-21-2008, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
The fact that admin removed the Sticky tells me that these guys are getting away with it and they or their lawyers made MBWORLD remove all the related posts. This is a prime example of law enforcement at it's best LOL, LOL, LOL!, We handed the cops a criminal on a silver platter and they can't/don't do a thing about it. Cops are pretty much only good for writing speeding tickets and bogus equipment violations, like tinted windows and no front tags. Cops are not law enforcement officials, they are revenue generating civil servants that are good for nothing. When you really need them they are nowhere to be found, when you don't want them around they are everywhere.

How many of you get phone calls at home from your local fraternal order of police asking for donations? I love getting those calls, I give them a piece of my mind. How the hell do they get away with making those calls no days? I am registered on the national do not call list, but those ***** cops still call begging for my cash............
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by jrcart
The fact that admin removed the Sticky tells me that these guys are getting away with it and they or their lawyers made MBWORLD remove all the related posts. This is a prime example of law enforcement at it's best LOL, LOL, LOL!, We handed the cops a criminal on a silver platter and they can't/don't do a thing about it. Cops are pretty much only good for writing speeding tickets and bogus equipment violations, like tinted windows and no front tags. Cops are not law enforcement officials, they are revenue generating civil servants that are good for nothing. When you really need them they are nowhere to be found, when you don't want them around they are everywhere.

How many of you get phone calls at home from your local fraternal order of police asking for donations? I love getting those calls, I give them a piece of my mind. How the hell do they get away with making those calls no days? I am registered on the national do not call list, but those ***** cops still call begging for my cash............

+1

How true and sad in the same paragraph. I once received a violation for " Mufflers that need muffeling" even though my car had current inspection stickers from a local FORD dealer on the windsheild. Oh well, unless it involves revenue for them, GOOD LUCK.

See yeah
Old 07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350

Wow someone has some anger towards pigs... heheeh but you are 100% correct!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Wow someone has some anger towards pigs... heheeh but you are 100% correct!
Have a little class, there are plenty of good people serving out there with your best interest in mind. It's one of the worst jobs in the world and until an individual is shown to be dirty, they deserve respect.

Same for jrcart, any idea how many scammers are out there calling homes on behalf of cops, firemen, kids with cancer, etc?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Have a little class, there are plenty of good people serving out there with your best interest in mind. It's one of the worst jobs in the world and until an individual is shown to be dirty, they deserve respect.

Same for jrcart, any idea how many scammers are out there calling homes on behalf of cops, firemen, kids with cancer, etc?
I'll write a BIG FAT tax deductable check for a Childrens hospitol, maybe even the local Fire Department, I donate time and money to many charities, but the cops can kiss my A$$! I know it's the worst job in the world, they don't make squat for money so they pick on guys like us in our $100K+ cars to get off. A cop gave me a ticket 3-4 weeks ago for no front plate/tag (happens about 6 times a year for me). I told him that it was a bogus ticket, he made a snide comment about me "looking like I could afford it" so I rebutted and said, " do you want me to take a picture of you in my car, because that would be as close as he will ever get to owning one"

DFW01E55; I doubt you are a cop, you own an CL55, I doubt a cop could afford one. Maybe your son, brother, father is a cop??? You are not going to sway my opinion of the police. They are good for nothing, un-reliable civil servants that got picked on a lot when they were in high school. The fact of the matter is that over 90% of a cops day consists of being the real menice to society, but they have a badge to hide behind that says it's OK to do so. The other 10% of the time they are eating LOL!

Last edited by jrcart; 07-21-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
+100000000000000000 u hit it right on the dot ..... I allways had respect for the police until I realized that they don't care about helping at all. They simply are there as an annoyance to people with expensive cars giving bs tickets for front plates ....

I'll write a BIG FAT tax deductable check for a Childrens hospitol, maybe even the local Fire Department, I donate time and money to many charities, but the cops can kiss my A$$! I know it's the worst job in the world, they don't make squat for money so they pick on guys like us in our $100K+ cars to get off. A cop gave me a ticket 3-4 weeks ago for no front plate/tag (happens about 6 times a year for me). I told him that it was a bogus ticket, he made a snide comment about me "looking like I could afford it" so I rebutted and said, " do you want me to take a picture of you in my car, because that would be as close as he will ever get to owning one"

DFW01E55; I doubt you are a cop, you own an CL55, I doubt a cop could afford one. Maybe your son, brother, father is a cop??? You are not going to sway my opinion of the police. They are good for nothing, un-reliable civil servants that got picked on a lot when they were in high school. The fact of the matter is that over 90% of a cops day consists of being the real menice to society, but they have a badge to hide behind that says it's OK to do so. The other 10% of the time they are eating LOL!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
All I can tell you is we (Teolax and Myself) took this to every conceivable law enforcemnt division along with fraud departments for DHL, Google Checkout, and our individual credit card companies.

From there we have no idea what has happened. I would like to think they did the right thing, but I am more inclined to think nothing will ever come of it.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT

DFW01E55; I doubt you are a cop, you own an CL55, I doubt a cop could afford one. Maybe your son, brother, father is a cop??? You are not going to sway my opinion of the police.
You're right, I'm not and neither is any relative. However, I do respect them as a group for doing a job that I wouldn't want. I've had a couple of experiences with them that weren't pleasant and in one case it made me urge the guy to stop by without his badge and gun, but just like CL owners, they're not all jerks.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Since we are on the blue topic, I had a question this morning in my daily commute that kept me thinking.

Long story short, these two trucks (toyota pickup vs dodge ram) were having your typical Texas road rage on a Monday AM... after a couple of minutes of "my truck is bigger than yours contest" one decides to pull these blue/red flashing lights, install them in the windshield (sort of like a huge radar detector) and starts chasing this guy... My question was: What are you supposed to do in a situation like that... do you pull over or floor it? Is that even legal if it was indeed a cop?

What do you guys think?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
They are good for nothing, un-reliable civil servants that got picked on a lot when they were in high school. The fact of the matter is that over 90% of a cops day consists of being the real menice to society, but they have a badge to hide behind that says it's OK to do so. The other 10% of the time they are eating LOL!
+1,000,000

I know one decent cop. ONE. The rest are exactly what you described. Of my local law enforcement, one guy used to sell weed and fireworks in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Another regularly has sexual relations with underage girls in school parking lots. Yet another will follow any high end car around town, ON THEIR BUMPER, waiting for the slightest infraction to pull you over for.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
agree with jrcart.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
Since we are on the blue topic, I had a question this morning in my daily commute that kept me thinking.

Long story short, these two trucks (toyota pickup vs dodge ram) were having your typical Texas road rage on a Monday AM... after a couple of minutes of "my truck is bigger than yours contest" one decides to pull these blue/red flashing lights, install them in the windshield (sort of like a huge radar detector) and starts chasing this guy... My question was: What are you supposed to do in a situation like that... do you pull over or floor it? Is that even legal if it was indeed a cop?

What do you guys think?
If it is indeed a police officer, then he can pull up beside you and show you his badge also. However, you are required to pull over for blue lights.

I had an undercover office put his flashing white lights on me when I was in high school (think he suspected I had drugs for some reason...maybe because I left an arcade area that probably had that crowd) and I would not pull over until he pulled up along side of me and showed his badge. You never know with crazy people out there.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
I do not agree with jcart

You treat cops with respect and nearly every time you will get the same in return.

Are there arrogant a$$holes in the police force? Sure! And on this forum, and in any other walk of life.

Do they get caught in politics and have to deal with revenue generation? Yep, and they do not really like it. They would prefer to focus on those who are really dangerous, whether it is someone weaving in and out of traffic at high speed or hiding in an alley to put a gun in your face to rob you.

When my car got totalled they got there first and made sure other traffic was not a hazard. They followed up with the witnesses and put the blame where it rightly belonged.

When ***** hit the fan on a domestic issue they did the right thing as well.

Have I gotten a ticket I did not think I deserved? Sure. Reckless for 4 wheel drifting in the snow at 20MPH on closed roads for a new sub-division. I have also NOT gotten tickets I deserved like driving past a utility vehicle on the right at 70MPH because the fool in the left lane was driving 55. The fool turned out to be a sherrif. Call me unobservant, but the cop pulled me over but took pity on me because it was 9pm and I was just getting back from a 14hr work day.

Remember 90% of the time police see the worst of society. It jades them. Give em a break.

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 07-21-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 PM

All of them!
You take their speed detection equipment away and what do you have. You'll have bankrupt police departments. They aren't supposed to be a "buisness" but they have all become buisnesses! There are laws about it and they are all in violation but will lie to defend themselves and their actions.
It is just simply about revenue generation. They are supposed to be public servants, but instead they're more criminal than 95% of the people they encounter. They like to use all kinds of "tactics" to try and entrap people and that's is what really bites.
Just my $0.02
Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 PM

2003 E240
Go to youtube and type in Australian Cops dragracing. That is what it is like here, they just speed everywhere and dragrace and if you do it they impound your car and crush it. They are usually guys out of high school that were the bullies, suprisingly like how the stereotype goes.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
My lack of respect for the cops began when I was a high school senior.

It was my mother's birthday, and I had gone out to buy some flowers for her. I was in my mother's minivan. I got pulled over for running a stop sign that I did not see. I admit, that was my fault, but to my defense, this was a 4-lane road that I passed every day on the way to school and normally there is no stop sign at this location. For some reason, someone had put a stop sign at the intersection, on the ground (no pole, but stuck on a bucket), behind a fire hydrant, on the sidewalk. Just didn't see it.

When I pleaded with the officer that I am a just poor high school student and that it was my mother's birthday (flowers as evidence), he laughed in my face. Laughed. Then he proudly told me that he'd been following me for close to 6 blocks until I made a mistake. Maybe he was trying to rub it in? What a nice b-day gift to my mother.

Next day at school, I found out that 4 other friends of mine, all high school males, had gotten traffic tickets from the same officer.

Lame.

Many similar incidents in the 10+ years since.

I understand that some officers are upstanding citizens and gentlemen. Most are not. I agree with others above: they're mostly sociopathic guys with control issues who didn't get hugged enough as children. Or something.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
...but the cops can kiss my A$$! I know it's the worst job in the world, they don't make squat for money so they pick on guys like us in our $100K+ cars to get off. A cop gave me a ticket 3-4 weeks ago for no front plate/tag (happens about 6 times a year for me). I told him that it was a bogus ticket, he made a snide comment about me "looking like I could afford it" so I rebutted and said, " do you want me to take a picture of you in my car, because that would be as close as he will ever get to owning one"...
Ouch! and LOL.
Not all cops are a$$holes though. Some are actually helpful.

I do have a t-shirt that I wear everytime that I go get my front license plate signed off...

You should go get one too Jrcart.

Attached Thumbnails Conclusion to the massive manhunt for scammer?-supreme-ftp.jpg  
Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968

There are plenty of good cops out there, and that is one underpaid job. Considering you cannot spell "menace", and you can afford a 100k car and 50k in mods, my guess is your job might be a hair overpaid - and I mean that in the most pleasant possible way. Some would argue my job is overpaid, too. As a cop, you make 65k a year and risk getting shot at by every A$$hole you pull over. A guy driving like he is on drugs (and you know that the way some of us drive, it can appear that we are on drugs) is probably more likely to have a gun than the average shmoe. I know that when I am pulled over (and I have been 4 times in the past two months) the way the officer treats me is in direct response to how I treat him. If he thinks I am an arrogant *****, he'll be an a$$hole. If I show him the respect he deserves for putting his life on the line every damn day for me, they tend to be a little more forgiving. I was given three verbals and a 80+ for what was alleged to be 100+. My whole life I have found this to be true. I know a guy who was pulled over for threatening someone with an axe and was surrounded by five police officers with drawn guns. He got off with a warning, based on how he treated them.

There are some bad cops out there, just like there are bad lawyers, doctors, financial guys, etc. There are also some real heros out there, who put their life on the line to protect your way of life. You have obviously succeeded in the paradigm that is our modern society, replete with laws and law enforcement, as have I. If we lived in a feudal or a lawless society, I am sure I would do just fine, as would many members of this forum, perhaps yourself as well. But I am guessing you did not get to where you are today by flexing your physical muscles, just your mental ones. You have some sort of marketable skill that this society values. The average cop does not have this type of marketable skill, nor do most people. Why rub it in? All that does is make him respond the only way he can, making your life as miserable as he can within the letter of the law. You are lucky he didn't pull the "Sir, please stop resisting" line on you and beat you down. Cops are part of the system that keeps us from descending to a lawless society, which keeps all of your expensive sh*t your expensive sh*t. I for one am thankful for them.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
+1,000,000

I know one decent cop. ONE. The rest are exactly what you described. Of my local law enforcement, one guy used to sell weed and fireworks in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Another regularly has sexual relations with underage girls in school parking lots. Yet another will follow any high end car around town, ON THEIR BUMPER, waiting for the slightest infraction to pull you over for.
Oh ya, everyone knows cops have the best drugs...this is a fact!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbenzman
You take their speed detection equipment away and what do you have. You'll have bankrupt police departments. They aren't supposed to be a "buisness" but they have all become buisnesses! There are laws about it and they are all in violation but will lie to defend themselves and their actions.
It is just simply about revenue generation. They are supposed to be public servants, but instead they're more criminal than 95% of the people they encounter. They like to use all kinds of "tactics" to try and entrap people and that's is what really bites.
Just my $0.02
Here is proof to your statement, Illinois was one of the last states to lift the 55mph speed limit and raise it to 65...want to know what the state senates main objection was? Not safety...money, they said the increased speed limit would cost them millions. They tried to play the safety card, but the truth of the matter is car are safer than ever, a $12,000 2008 Kia Spectra is safer than a 1998 _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank) yes, even safer than any 1998 Mercedes. The brakes are better, the seats, the seat belts, traction control, ABS, airbags side curtains.

Back to the topic at hand COPS SUCK!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
i agree with the posts about arrogent cops. i feel the same way about black
and white people. when I was younger, I was hassled by several of them so
to this day, I will do whatever is needed to put those people in their place.
they deserve no respect from me whatsoever.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Thread is now closed since its taken OT. Thank you.