Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
WoW this guy is crazy ^
Haha, same thing I thought!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
I am just excited for products that do what the manufacturer's claim they do... especially for parts that reduce IAT's in my modded motor. I have Renntech, VRP, LET and custom parts from Floored Fab... I, like most, don't care whose parts they are so long as they work as advertised.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...59#post3035259

Just updated.

I really appreciate everyone's support. Thank you gentlemen!

I think we just need to cool for it now and let the products speak for themselves.

Andy, I always appreciate a fellow gearhead. If you can back up your claims and if you are interested, I would gladly help you with distribution and installation on the West Coast.

Sounds good Vadim. Honestly I don't mind you posting in my threads, I was just kind of caught off guard initially and for that I apologize. As I said before, I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like you have a loyal following which can only come from products that deliver and treating your customers well, that I respect.
The twin screw project looks interesting. You're going to find out very quickly what the tq limitations of the 7A are along with how well the pistons, and rings handle boost. With the high static C/R + PD boost it's going to be a TORQUEY SOB!

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Ok sounds good. I dont know where Edgewood is but I'll find out. Can your guys out in Edgewood do custom tuning or is that done in Ohio?

No problem. I've done many rentals in the past and have come out of pocket a few hundred bucks several times. It's all about going out and having fun with fellow gearheads. There will be a nice collection of cars there and hopefully everyone will have fun! Keep your fingers crossed for good DA!!!
We handle the tuning in OH/MI, MD is really just a fabrication and install shop.
LOL, the DA has to be mineshaft in mid Nov at MIR...I literally cannot wait!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I know it's not the right forum but FWIW I just threw some Nitto 285/35 DRs out back in preparation for the coming track testing:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...609post3035609
Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
E55TEXAS IS OUT OF CONTROL I really can't see how he is still posting.. What a nut
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I JUST SPIT MY WATER ALL OVER MY VAIO
Don't worry, just recalled 400,000 Vaio's yesterday, maybe you have a new one coming free of charge.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
E55TEXAS IS OUT OF CONTROL I really can't see how he is still posting.. What a nut
I think someone took a few too many adderral LOL.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:58 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Tell ya what, Andy....You speak with such authority, it's only natural that I/we question your ability considering your limited experience with AMG's and your relative noob status here. Your chest pounding is not impressive, nor is your assumptive questioning of my knowledge. Unlike you, I don't need to prove my knowledge and experience here - but, you do since you are the one making the claims. Claims, which are unfounded at this point. I never claimed to be an engine builder, but I can build just about anything and have had plenty of time wrenching on full race motors that cost more than you C63. So, I do know what I'm talkin about- hence the reason why I am skeptical about your ability to perform and deliver....
But, we shall see. The proof is in the puddin. I'll leave it at that and let you do your thing and see where it leads to here. I hope you do what you say you can, and I wish you the best. Hell, I too think the 7G tranny is the limiting factory in the 63 cars. If you have figured out how to wake it up and do it in a way that keeps it drivable and reliable, then I may just give you my business. You come off as quite brash for someone who really should be ingratiating himself to his potential customer base, instead of talking down to them. But, I've been know to come off the same way so we probably have a bit in common. Anyway, I'll wait until the early MHP adopters have some time to test your product and hear what they have to say. Until then, lets just wait and see….
Old 09-05-2008, 06:01 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Tell ya what, Andy....You speak with such authority, it's only natural that I/we question your ability considering your limited experience with AMG's and your relative noob status here. Your chest pounding is not impressive, nor is your assumptive questioning of my knowledge. Unlike you, I don't need to prove my knowledge and experience here - but, you do since you are the one making the claims. Claims, which are unfounded at this point. I never claimed to be an engine builder, but I can build just about anything and have had plenty of time wrenching on full race motors that cost more than you C63. So, I do know what I'm talkin about- hence the reason why I am skeptical about your ability to perform and deliver....
But, we shall see. The proof is in the puddin. I'll leave it at that and let you do your thing and see where it leads to here. I hope you do what you say you can, and I wish you the best. Hell, I too think the 7G tranny is the limiting factory in the 63 cars. If you have figured out how to wake it up and do it in a way that keeps it drivable and reliable, then I may just give you my business. You come off as quite brash for someone who really should be ingratiating himself to his potential customer base, instead of talking down to them. But, I've been know to come off the same way so we probably have a bit in common. Anyway, I'll wait until the early MHP adopters have some time to test your product and hear what they have to say. Until then, lets just wait and see….
Sounds good, no hard feelings on my part either. Amazingly enough over time I've found that those I butt heads with the most initially usually become good friends over time because we're so similar in mentality.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
It appears the wheels are already in motion, I recieved a Fed EX tracking number this afternoon from MHP for the Thermalnators. I will let you guys know when I recieve them, give my initial thoughts on their quality as well as report back on ease of installation and most important, how they perform.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by jrcart
It appears the wheels are already in motion, I recieved a Fed EX tracking number this afternoon from MHP for the Thermalnators. I will let you guys know when I recieve them, give my initial thoughts on their quality as well as report back on ease of installation and most important, how they perform.
I doubt you will actually see any "performance" gains unless you drive the **** out of it and get the temps way up - which I'm sure you will.
Make a run before installation, pop the hood and hit the intake with a infared pyrometer. There's no way you will be able to install the spacers until the motor cools down - when I did mine it took a couple hrs before you could even touch the intake.
Once you get them installed, try to make the same run, just as hard with the same ambient temps and then take the same measurments for temps....this will give us a good idea how effective they are, are aren't.

Good luck.

PS - are you sending them your TCU ? I was under the impression that the
7G TCU was buried in the transmission case - someone correct me if I'm wrong....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Banned

one word: perkisets
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 PM

08 CLS63
I purchased a set today, I will be more than happy to give unbiased feedback upon arrival and testing.

Anyone that knows me knows that if there is a part available for the 63 it is on my car. They also know I don't have a problem speaking my mind. If the product is good and performs as promised I will say so, if they suck, I will take them off my car and let everyone know about it.

Stay tuned..................
I would have assumed that you would already have the Phenolic spacers. Any particualar reason why you don't?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
I doubt you will actually see any "performance" gains unless you drive the **** out of it and get the temps way up - which I'm sure you will.
Make a run before installation, pop the hood and hit the intake with a infared pyrometer. There's no way you will be able to install the spacers until the motor cools down - when I did mine it took a couple hrs before you could even touch the intake.
Once you get them installed, try to make the same run, just as hard with the same ambient temps and then take the same measurments for temps....this will give us a good idea how effective they are, are aren't.

Good luck.

7G TCU was buried in the transmission case - someone correct me if I'm wrong....
Actually on the 63s, the temps tend to climb quickly after just the 2nd or 3rd run. I hope these thermalnators will help prolong that.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
one word: perkisets
Percocet?
I hesitate to put on the spelling police hat, but are you referring to the drug, acetaminophen and oxycodone?

It would take multiple scripts to sedate this thread.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 AM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down I think you blew it!

Originally Posted by MHP
For the record I define third party testing as a customer who pays full price for a product then gives a review on it's performance with both objective and subjective data. They simply have no reason to lie.
When you have literally sold over 100 sets of thermal intake spacers to customers that had previously been using phenolics that have leaked, and hear nothing but praise for your replacements, well, what else is there to say...
Just like in any other business, if a product sucks or fails, someone's going to hear about it. Marketing a faulty product or one that doesn't deliver is a good way to put yourself out of business.
Your attack on Vadim was uncalled for because he disagrees. I don't think that too many folks will be buying from you based on the way you have reacted to everything. Check back in a few months and see how many products you have sold to members on this forum.

Sorry But I will not buy from you and I think that from the other members threads posted, you really lost business by your reactions.

Sorry
Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy; I have heard stories about you through the grapevine, I'm glad I have fianlly gotten this chance to go toe-to-toe with you. You and I could possibly be the two biggest *****s on this board, I think we need to figure out who is the bigger A-hole *****!

I can tell you that right now your responses are not too impressive. You're using noob like comeback lines...you can do better than that can't you Jangy? Come on dig deep into that little brain of yours and try to come up with some good stuff.

LOL!! I'm not here to impress you and glad your grapvine clued you in. Go stand in line with the rest of them.

Dig deep? You kill me. Hows a bout we meet up and get this done on the street instead of this thread? If you put down anywhere near 500 then there should be no issue, given your lower weight, right? No cooling, huh? Well, then I guess we will need to make it quick. Like all your buddys, I assume you make 3 -4 passes a day, MAX. The rest of the time is spent with ice all over the car and lots of yappin. You honestly think ANYBODY on the west coast believes you are making 600hp from a set of headers? HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
A little OT, but this thread is anyway. Why has no-one bothered to cool the 63? I assumed somebody would as soon as we figured out how badly and quickly they heat soak and start to dump fuel. If Vadim is adding an SC w/ intercooler, why can't we cool the cars to make them more consistent? I know a number of you only care about a single pass (down-hill), but somebody should want it.

The TCU is indeed embedded, hence the number of hours needed to mod it. But then again, aren't all chryslers?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jangy
A little OT, but this thread is anyway. Why has no-one bothered to cool the 63? I assumed somebody would as soon as we figured out how badly and quickly they heat soak and start to dump fuel. If Vadim is adding an SC w/ intercooler, why can't we cool the cars to make them more consistent? I know a number of you only care about a single pass (down-hill), but somebody should want it.
You're absolutely right. The oil temps on the 63 rise very quickly and kills power even quicker. Unfortunately, not many tuners are aware of the heat soaking issues of the 63s. In fact, I think maybe only a handful of owners (mainly the ones with a lot of track time and enough data) actually know how badly the heat soak affects these engines especially after just the 2nd or 3rd run. I've been trying to push the issue to some of the tuners (Evosport, VRP, RennTech, and Brabus), but I get the same response (more or less) from all of them: for now, the stock cooling is sufficient, but we'll be looking into it an upgrade in the future.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH

It's located in the valve body of the tranny.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by deaguero
Your attack on Vadim was uncalled for because he disagrees. I don't think that too many folks will be buying from you based on the way you have reacted to everything. Check back in a few months and see how many products you have sold to members on this forum.

Sorry But I will not buy from you and I think that from the other members threads posted, you really lost business by your reactions.

Sorry
Welcome to last weeks over reaction, and congrats on reading the first few posts and skipping the rest. Going over the thread again it appears I lost the business of jangy and you... See ya around and remember, you're both blacklisted unless you pay twice the price as everyone else.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 09-06-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Again because it's not that big of an issue compared to the blown 5.4s. IMO we can deal with the issues we have with a lower T-stat and fan settings that actuate sooner. It was enough for 6.1 Hemi's that run substantially hotter than the 6.2s.

The TCU is indeed embedded, hence the number of hours needed to mod it. But then again, aren't all chryslers?
Actually no. I can remove a SRT8 TCU in 10 minutes tops, through the interior. Not even close to same job accessing the 7A TCUs. The time/labor/cost in reflashing a TCU comes from the reflashing process itself, and has nothing to do with where the TCU is located.

Seriously, you've done nothing but add misinformation and grossly inaccurate statements mixed with a bit of libel in this thread. Please crawl back under the rock from which you came and try and restablish yourself as the forum *** sniffer.

Last edited by MHP; 09-06-2008 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:33 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
LOL!! I'm not here to impress you and glad your grapvine clued you in. Go stand in line with the rest of them.

Dig deep? You kill me. Hows a bout we meet up and get this done on the street instead of this thread? If you put down anywhere near 500 then there should be no issue, given your lower weight, right? No cooling, huh? Well, then I guess we will need to make it quick. Like all your buddys, I assume you make 3 -4 passes a day, MAX. The rest of the time is spent with ice all over the car and lots of yappin. You honestly think ANYBODY on the west coast believes you are making 600hp from a set of headers? HAHAHAHA!!!
Jangy,
Tell you what, I'll put up 2K to cover your travel cost and time away from work to make the trek to MIR where both Jim and I will hand you your *** N/A--even though we should be spraying to balance out the lack of a 2.3L twin screw. You win, you get the cash, you lose, you can tell people you "fell down the stairs". What do you say tough guy? Ready to put up an equal or greater amount of cash with your stage V hunk of ****?

Last edited by MHP; 09-06-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 AM

Interlagos Blue 06 M5
MHP. You come off as a jerk. Seriously. If this is the way you come storming in trying to impress the folks on this board, you've got another thing coming. You've alienated many here in a short period of time and I for one would never patronize someone like you. Take a lesson from Eloy and Vadim. What you did here is really UNCOOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators