W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
wow, anyone who has visited RENNtech can say that you haven't got a clue...

Originally Posted by JT55
As far as the Renntechers and all the associated bally-ho - if it was 6k from Renntech (woooooohhhh RENNTECH! WOOPIE!!!) it would somehow be a bargain and a technological breakthrough.
Let me know what real technological innovations Renntech has come up with hmmm .... well i'm waiting. I'll be waiting for awhile cause there are none - wake up fellas - Renntech stamps there name on 90% of other peoples products and probably does little to none of their own R&D - what they do have is great PR and great Customer service and plenty of people who know nothing about cars or are about as creative as an etch a sketch and wouldnt know how to do their own project with Bob Villa and Time/Life books overseeing it. Lets not for get that Helmet Head or whtvr his name isused to run AMG like a hundred years ago when AMG was about as popular and relevant as a 50yr old Madonna. SO I for one can't wait for the results so the official back pedaling and sucking up begins. Line forms to the left boys - get your check books out - looks like MHP has come to town. BOO-YAH!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Fikse
wow, anyone who has visited RENNtech can say that you haven't got a clue...
Agreed. RENNtech may be very expensive but they definitely don't put their name on "90% of other peoples products." I have been to RENNtech a few times and they are definitely first rate tuners and people. Unfortunately they are too expensive for this enthusiast. Too bad for the both of us.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
hope the results of the ecu/tcu flash are better than the osu/usc game.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Rock
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

1)12.310*#116.010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 2008 NA
2)12.510*#113.520 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 2008 NA
3)12.890*#111.440 8.390 86.360 2.046 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 2009 MHP

The three C63s listed are identified as being stock (including MHP). Wednesday at Norwalk is predicted to be clear and cool. From what Andy has told me, you will be blown away!!!!!!.......... that is if his claims hold up at the track. I won't give you his predicted et and trap speed (I'll let Andy do that) but I will tell you, if he delivers, he will not have any problem selling his mods to the "63 guys" at his asking price.
Here is another stock C63 that ran at ATCO: 12.47 @ 113.7 mph

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/260395-c63-atco-dragstrip.html
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 PM

G55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Here is another stock C63 that ran at ATCO: 12.47 @ 113.7 mph

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260395
only 12.89sec with the drag tires on teh C63?
Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by gollard
Andy was experiencing average air the DA on his runs was over 2k feet.

I do see form the other thread he is predicting a 120 mph trap!!!!!!

Egads,
Old 09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
That was bone stock (less charcoal filters) and as noted with DA above 2000'. My corrected ETs/Traps were in the 12.5@114-115 range.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
I knew that would come into play at some point...........yep we got it handed to us. USC played a great game.....hey,,,we played a great game too...IE: roll over,,play dead,,,etc!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
I can't even begin to tell you how disgusted I and pretty much every other OSU fan in the world must feel right now. Talk about a pathetic performance...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by MHP
I can't even begin to tell you how disgusted I and pretty much every other OSU fan in the world must feel right now. Talk about a pathetic performance...
I totally aggree with you Andy.....but unless changes are made (Bollman/Heacock) we can except more of the same!!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Hello Andy,

Look, I would offer my E55 as a test case for you. I am a regular at the track and I have been very transparent about my mods and results. If you do a little research, you will know that I live close to one of the best and fastest tracks in the country, New England Dragway. My times and trap are very well established and known to all.

Lets do a little test with my E55 and see some real results for everyone to see. I believe I would be the best representative of a highly modified E55 and what your ECU/TCU tune can do.

You let me know if you would like to use my vehicle as a test case for the E55family. Just look at my signature and you will know everything about my car. I can go to the track anytime and work with you and post up REAL TIME RESULTS. However, I would be OBLIGATED to post times and traps REGARDLESS OF RESULTS!!! You would have to agree to that stipulation.

Just respond via this thread or PM and we can have further discussions.

Roland

Roland,
I've received an influx of offers from E55 owners in the past few days, let me sort through the PMs/emails and get back with you.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
wow - so your TCU tuning on a Jeep SRT8 is $600 and for a AMG 55 it's $6000 ( well with bonus of a filter and a heatpad)
This was also already covered in the now locked thread.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
So has any cars installed yet? Keep it comming Andy
Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 PM

G55
Originally Posted by MHP
This was also already covered in the now locked thread.
sorry didn't know - never finished reading it.Sorry. I thought I read something in the thread about AMG tuning coming at a realistic price. G
uess I have to search for the thread to understand better. Dunno, I mean the ECU+ TCU for C63 = 5k, ECU + TCU for for xx600 = 6k ; but solely TCU for the x55 = 6k

I have a feeling you got your pricing structure a bit off, but I might be wrong yet again.
Keep in mind that Renntech and Kleeman can ask a high premium for the buyers to keep their warranty intact in most cases, the premium buyer who doesn't care about his warranty will be rare, and the ones that don't have it anymore most likely will be priced out with these high stickers. But hey - all the power to you. Good luck!

Last edited by gollard; 09-14-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
but solely TCU for the x55 = 6k
Where did you read that?

AMG 55s are $6000 for both ECU/TCU. The first three customers of each model type will receive a discount of between $500-1000 depending on model.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
So has any cars installed yet? Keep it comming Andy
The first results will come in this week, and continue roll in for the next few.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 09-15-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by chiromikey
why are you trying to start this crap all over again...did you not learn anything from the other LOCKED thread? besides, you obviously know very little about the topics you're bringing up so just let it go.
What crap? and what areyou talking about? Let what go? What did I have to do with a LOCKED thread genius.
Ur right I obviously know nothing about the topics I'm bringing up.(FIKSE) Thats why the last two cars I've owned have been in 6 magazines have a room full of trophies from Hot Import Nights around the country and are on at least 4 websites wheel sections.
How many of your projects have been in magazines??? Would that be zero?? - okay thats what i thought - Listen J O before you start shooting ur mouth off know ur audience. Check w Simon on any info I've just said - Two issues of Mod. Lux and Exotics, European Car, Rides, Plush, Car Audio as well as one of TW Competitions top cars in "06 season. I know nothing ab modding cars mmm hmmm.

When the Black is done if it doesnt get in at least two magazines I'll eat my computer now go back to tinkering around with your ancient car and sit down and stay in your place.

Last edited by JT55; 09-15-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
HERE WE GO AGAIN...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by france2112
Agreed. RENNtech may be very expensive but they definitely don't put their name on "90% of other peoples products." I have been to RENNtech a few times and they are definitely first rate tuners and people. Unfortunately they are too expensive for this enthusiast. Too bad for the both of us.
Okay - so what is the EXACT % of parts they put their name on?
Do they make their own brakes? Wheels? Airboxes, or are they sourced?
Are they custom fabricating their own headers and exhausts?
If they are - as easily as I say their not u should be able to provide proof that they are. So lets see it.

Just because somebody has purchased Renntech products (a la the last post) doesn't mean that he has knowledge of the inner workings of the company or their research and devolpment does it? He bought into the notion and mystique of Renntech and therefore is now no longer an impartial judge. Especially after dropping a lung.

Oh and BTW - I have used practically every tuner - on many of my project cars and I have praise for nearly all of them. I had a Kleemann SC on my last car and their tune and LM and I have NOTHING but the highest praise for them . I've used Lorinser and Carlsson and Brabus as well. And every one of them was excellent.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
What crap? and what areyou talking about? Let what go? What did I have to do with a LOCKED thread genius.
Ur right I obviously know nothing about the topics I'm bringing up.(FIKSE) Thats why the last two cars I've owned have been in 6 magazines have a room full of trophies from Hot Import Nights around the country and are on at least 4 websites wheel sections.
How many of your projects have been in magazines??? Would that be zero?? - okay thats what i thought - Listen J O before you start shooting ur mouth off know ur audience. Check w Simon on any info I've just said - Two issues of Mod. Lux and Exotics, European Car, Rides, Plush, Car Audio as well as one of TW Competitions top cars in "06 season. I know nothing ab modding cars mmm hmmm.

When the Black is done if it doesnt get in at least two magazines I'll eat my computer now go back to tinkering around with your ancient car and sit down and stay in your place.
i don't have an audience, i'm not that important...but i do appreciate the compliment.

kudos for all your trophies and centerfolds...i'm sorry you still feel the need to pat yourself on the back to get more recognition.

fyi, i've been asked to have both my bike and car in magazines and on websites but i declined. i guess i just don't need the attention.

and when you want to run my "ancient car" down the strip, come on out with your bs (that's short for "black series" even though the other application seems a bit more fitting).

anything more to say? please feel free to send me a pm so this thread can get back on topic.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55

Stick to being Jcart's cheerleader it's what you are good at you obviously aren't qualified to talk about anything else.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by rflow306
Stick to being Jcart's cheerleader it's what you are good at you obviously aren't qualified to talk about anything else.
Obviously, and you are. After all having 1300 posts about nothing, qualifies you for what I have no idea. But you know me well and my knowledge about cars.

I'll end this and let the thread continue - but I'll be at MIR and you can bring your "qualifications" down with you and get sent home with your tail between your legs like everyone else except for JR CART of course - Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah.

Now like ChiroMikey so maturely said anything else you have to say u can PM me. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i don't have an audience, i'm not that important...but i do appreciate the compliment.

kudos for all your trophies and centerfolds...i'm sorry you still feel the need to pat yourself on the back to get more recognition.

fyi, i've been asked to have both my bike and car in magazines and on websites but i declined. i guess i just don't need the attention.

and when you want to run my "ancient car" down the strip, come on out with your bs (that's short for "black series" even though the other application seems a bit more fitting).

anything more to say? please feel free to send me a pm so this thread can get back on topic.
Sorry man I stand corrected. I just didn't know Todays Chiropractic had a car and bike section - my bad.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Received 506 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Obviously, and you are. After all having 1300 posts about nothing, qualifies you for what I have no idea. But you know me well and my knowledge about cars.

Thanks. I'll end this and let the thread continue - but I'll be at MIR and you can bring your "qualifications" down with you and get sent home with your tail between your legs like everyone else except for JR CART of course - Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah.

Having owned, modified and driven one of the fastest AMGs in the world, I would think he is actually very qualified.

http://www.dragtimes.com/2005-Mercedes-Benz-E55-AMG-Videos-7835.html

Last edited by Rock; 09-15-2008 at 08:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)