W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
Originally Posted by LZH
Well, Willow Springs big track has a few good corners...nothing too technical...but then again it does not have nearly the length straights as Road America and I still was able to put down faster lap times than our full race prepped 996 GT3 Cup car. Believe it or not, it happened. The Black Series was admittedly not THAT much faster, about a full second each lap. Which, when you are talking racing...is a huge difference. I'm sure Jrcarts car in its current form would add a few seconds to that...Remember, these cars REALLY shine on big tracks where they can stretch their legs, but, they still show their weight in the corners.
there has been a stage in m life where I got paid to drive a car, I understand that 1 sec is a huge difference.

Have to say say, I am very sur[ised to hear that a fully race prepped 11xxkg car with close to 400HP is getting spanked by stock 500HP sports car weighing in at 17xx with street tires. Maybe the crew messed up the suspension on the CUP?
Nevertheless the mystery AMG in the original post looks awesome - somebody will have a blast with it!

Last edited by gollard; 11-06-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 711 Likes on 692 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
oh my....
we need one of those cars at 11/15 saprissa meet!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
19 E63SW, 18 Jeep JL, 15 Denali, 03 G35 Coupe
Great quality Pics!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
The official word just posted on the AMG Private Lounge from an AMG official about these two cars. See below.

The vehicles pictured are Performance Studio prepped CLK Balck Series' built for "taxi rides" at a special event. AMG has no current plans of entering racing in the U.S. with these vehicles. More information will be made availble on these vehicles on the Private Lounge in the near future.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-06-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Well then are they guna sell them off when they're done with the special event?

If so...I think you might have just found your next car jrcart...
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velvet Fleetwood
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes, even more proof that that thing is a real race car, I believe LeMans cars require amber headlights in GT2 cars, last time I checked they dont make any amber HIDs.

You guys, this is a race car, not some Euro only street car. See the little red thing sticking out the hood, that is part of the Halon fire supression system, it allows safety workers or pit crew members to activate the system from out side the car. I just want to know where they are going racing with it? PLEASE SAY ROLEX 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA.
I say we get a road trip going..
Old 11-06-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by jrcart
The official word just posted on the AMG Private Lounge from an AMG official about these two cars. See below.

The vehicles pictured are Performance Studio prepped CLK Balck Series' built for "taxi rides" at a special event. AMG has no current plans of entering racing in the U.S. with these vehicles. More information will be made availble on these vehicles on the Private Lounge in the near future.
Disappointed, but not surprised - they did a similar thing with a Performance Studio C55 awhile back, IIRC.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Disappointed, but not surprised - they did a similar thing with a Performance Studio C55 awhile back, IIRC.
Thanks for not rubbing it in - looks like you hit the nail on the head as far as what these cars were built for....

Honestly, WHAT A WASTE !!!! I'm speechless....
Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks for not rubbing it in - looks like you hit the nail on the head as far as what these cars were built for....

Luke, everything is for sale, you take the one on the right, I will take the one on the left and we will go racing with them next year. I'm sure we could get one or two built for the right price. I was already tossing around the idea of stripping my to go racing with, but those white ones look like a much better option.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I'm down man - PM on the way !!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:34 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
They should build a few more and make their own challenge series. I bet there are a lot of people that would love to track a stripped BS. And I here you on Blackhawk, one lockup or just a little understeer and you're into the trees! I took a ride around once in a prepped turbo RSR, and all I could think of was, man, there's lots of trees out there, lol
Old 11-07-2008, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Sorry to jump in late. But there's a sh-t load of one off parts on this Black that I'd give my eye teeth for. For example the center lock wheels, which would require center lock hubs. Light with hood, and you know the exhaust has been modified. Further that means a recalibrated ecu, done by the factory. Obviously, Not a Grand AM due to center locks. Not surprising its
well finished, as the P900 test car that Tommy Kendal drove for a speed
vision channel.
Just as Porsche introduced a well finished GT3 cup to spur customer sales, I think this car is more than just giving rides around the track. I don't think AMG thinks small and I'm betting this will show up in some series. Question who builds only 8 center lock wheels? Guaranteed there are more parts out there.
Jimmy
Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by LZH

No worries; not my style, my friend

As for the "waste" - agree completely... ah well, what could've been...
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM

1969 280S, 1991 300E
Here's a matte grey CLK parked in front of the AMG showroom in Germany....and a few pics of the ORIGINAL 300SLR taken at the classic centre. Apparently, it is one of 2 ever built, and is owned by MB....a supposedly priceless automobile.
Attached Thumbnails Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!-germany-084small.jpg   Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!-germany-086small.jpg   Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!-germany-109small.jpg   Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!-germany-111small.jpg  
Old 11-10-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Question who builds only 8 center lock wheels? Guaranteed there are more parts out there.
Jimmy
Of course not. Here is a picture of me holding one of the wheels with a stack of them behind me.

And you are correct, they are built for 24hrs of Nurnburgring.

The engine puts out 580HP.
Here is the brake disk

Just see this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/268906-sl65-bs-laguna-seca-sunday-11-9-post-mortem.html

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 11-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 PM
LZH
Banned

Sorry to jump in late. But there's a sh-t load of one off parts on this Black that I'd give my eye teeth for. For example the center lock wheels, which would require center lock hubs. Light with hood, and you know the exhaust has been modified. Further that means a recalibrated ecu, done by the factory. Obviously, Not a Grand AM due to center locks. Not surprising its
well finished, as the P900 test car that Tommy Kendal drove for a speed
vision channel.
Just as Porsche introduced a well finished GT3 cup to spur customer sales, I think this car is more than just giving rides around the track. I don't think AMG thinks small and I'm betting this will show up in some series. Question who builds only 8 center lock wheels? Guaranteed there are more parts out there.
Jimmy
Good call Jimmy on the quoted bold above...I missed that. But then again, that could be easily changed for Grand Am and could have been a diversionary tactic on AMG's part.... Also, due to the fact that they are running the 7sp auto tranny which you cannot run per the rules of Grand Am. 5 forward gears semi auto I believe is all they allow. I would venture to say this will be running ALMS even though AMG denied any US racing effort over on the Private Lounge. Amazing car and if you ask me....stole the show from the SL BS IMO.

Last edited by LZH; 11-10-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by LZH
Good call Jimmy on the quoted bold above...I missed that. But then again, that could be easily changed for Grand Am and could have been a diversionary tactic on AMG's part.... Also, due to the fact that they are running the 7sp auto tranny which you cannot run per the rules of Grand Am. 5 forward gears semi auto I believe is all they allow. I would venture to say this will be running ALMS even though AMG denied any US racing effort over on the Private Lounge. Amazing car and if you ask me....stole the show from the SL BS IMO.
LZH,
The biggest bang for the buck is the Speed Channel World Challenge series as far as TV ratings. These cars would kick *** and with GM & Caddy out no real competition except for a couple of privateers in Vipers and Porsche Gt3's.
World Challenge allows for some mods, to keep the show interesting. AMG are you listening? The PL said they have some announcements in Feb. I'm wondering if they will be at Sebring? I spent the better part of today looking at the pictures. The roll cages are totally triangulated, and with the flared fenders they can run the max tire size. These CLK's are ready to race. What better marketing than hearing that the CLK's have automatic gear boxes

I've tracked my Porsche against a W/C corvette and based on my experience with my Black and the way these CLK's are modded, these cars can run up front with good drivers. Hell, they could run mid pack with club drivers.

AMG needs to cement the brand in its largest market the USA, that's why I think these cars are more than just Nurburgring taxi's. If they built them to give rides, I didn't see any meter in the front seat.

Lastly, I know some of the parts have come from the DTM, but many of the parts are one offs. Hood, exhaust, ecu, aero package, wheels, cage, and much more of what we can't see. The markets here AMG. Show us your stuff.
Jimmy
Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
LZH
Banned

LZH,
The biggest bang for the buck is the Speed Channel World Challenge series as far as TV ratings. These cars would kick *** and with GM & Caddy out no real competition except for a couple of privateers in Vipers and Porsche Gt3's.
World Challenge allows for some mods, to keep the show interesting. AMG are you listening? The PL said they have some announcements in Feb. I'm wondering if they will be at Sebring? I spent the better part of today looking at the pictures. The roll cages are totally triangulated, and with the flared fenders they can run the max tire size. These CLK's are ready to race. What better marketing than hearing that the CLK's have automatic gear boxes

I've tracked my Porsche against a W/C corvette and based on my experience with my Black and the way these CLK's are modded, these cars can run up front with good drivers. Hell, they could run mid pack with club drivers.

AMG needs to cement the brand in its largest market the USA, that's why I think these cars are more than just Nurburgring taxi's. If they built them to give rides, I didn't see any meter in the front seat.

Lastly, I know some of the parts have come from the DTM, but many of the parts are one offs. Hood, exhaust, ecu, aero package, wheels, cage, and much more of what we can't see. The markets here AMG. Show us your stuff.
Jimmy
Very well said, Jimmy. It amazes me that AMG would really spend this kind of money for these cars simply as taxis - and that's just what I told them over on the PL. And I agree with you regarding the World Challenge....these CLK's would DOMINATE.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Yep guys, you arr right. But ALMS is the way to go IMHO. I know that Luke has been involved in GA and ALMS, and we have been heavily involved in GA GS/ST and World Challenge. I just don't see the future for WC GT, especially when the competition for the CLK (M3, 997, Aston, Ferrari) is all over in ALMS. Who cares if a Mercedes beats a Caddie or a Viper or a Mustang. lol

Luke check your email (from JRCart) - we may have some fun stuff to be talking about soon!

Brad
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Yep guys, you arr right. But ALMS is the way to go IMHO.

Luke check your email (from JRCart) - we may have some fun stuff to be talking about soon!

Brad

Brad/Jim - yes, we do indeed !!! Sorry, been crazy busy...Will get back to you guys asap.

Last edited by LZH; 11-15-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have no idea where you are getting your information from. I have talked directly with the guys who developed and work on the car and they are not doing ALMS - as much as I wished they would. These are a couple of project cars fashioned after the requirements of 24hrs of Nurnburgring.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
I have no idea where you are getting your information from. I have talked directly with the guys who developed and work on the car and they are not doing ALMS - as much as I wished they would. These are a couple of project cars fashioned after the requirements of 24hrs of Nurnburgring.
You are 100% correct AMG/M-B factory is not going ALMS racing with these cars, but who said anything about the factory?

Brad/Luke, lets keep everything limited to PM or phone calls from here on out.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Founder

Sorry for any confusion. A few of us racers were talking about where we would LIKE to see a car like this run. Not stating that it WAS going to be.

But regardless of what the Germans might have said, I GUARANTEE that this car will be racing somewhere or sold to someone that will. You don't build chassis up purpose racers without a reason - and marketing drives is not one. They could have simply taken a stock BS for that. There is a reason, and just because the people say there is not - that just means they don't know or they won't tell!

Could it be LeMans, Nurburgring, private sales (ala BMW and Porsche and Ferrari), dunno, but I am anxious to see!

Thanks
Brad
Old 11-15-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by otoupalik
There is a reason, and just because the people say there is not - that just means they don't know or they won't tell!

Could it be LeMans, Nurburgring, private sales (ala BMW and Porsche and Ferrari), dunno, but I am anxious to see!

Thanks
Brad
I will try and get the engineers drunk and get them to tell me. But then I will only PM jrcart so he can go to the race with a flatbed trailer and he will be praying "crash, crash, just don't mess up the carbon fiber doors... and the splitter, and the diffuser, and the rear trunk lid, and.. and.. the fuel cell should be ok and... and.. the calipers, yea the calipers need those and and don't hurt yourself and bleed on the interior .... I wonder if I can get the ignition reprogrammed to recognize my CLK key......"
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Founder

I will try and get the engineers drunk and get them to tell me. But then I will only PM jrcart so he can go to the race with a flatbed trailer and he will be praying "crash, crash, just don't mess up the carbon fiber doors... and the splitter, and the diffuser, and the rear trunk lid, and.. and.. the fuel cell should be ok and... and.. the calipers, yea the calipers need those and and don't hurt yourself and bleed on the interior .... I wonder if I can get the ignition reprogrammed to recognize my CLK key......"
LOL!

I am a lot closer and have the right towing equipment!

Thanks
brad

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!