W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save Juicee63 thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by The Godfather
I figured it out why the car was all trashed inside:

That THING was looking for bread crumbs to eat.

Yep.. There will be plenty of crumbs to eat up in Chino
Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I have not gotten repaid. You will be hearing from my attorney by COB today.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
I have not gotten repaid. You will be hearing from my attorney by COB today.

What exactly am I repaying you for? Oh sorry , yes I will paypal you for your superior moderation skills.

My attorney will respond to your attorney via COB.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Dang! They went through real well. They weren't kidding when they said they went through it with a fine comb. They cleaned it out too well!

Hope you get full restitution.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by AsianML
Dang! They went through real well. They weren't kidding when they said they went through it with a fine comb. They cleaned it out too well!.......
Comb?

Looks like a rusty rake to me. *** thieves.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 PM

2009 CL63
Josh is a Standup Guy. Your welcome.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM

2006 E55 (white); 2016 GL 550 (white)
Originally Posted by juicee63
Here is a video ,

Police report filed, criminal complaint against RA.

Stolen property over 5k (Felony) (Firearm)
Exterior and interior damage to be determined at the dealership.
Insurance claim to follow.

http://vimeo.com/3913056
I hope everything works out for you. Watching that video made MY head hurt, I can only imagine what you have been feeling. Best of luck to you with your claim against those criminals.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by squidj
I hope everything works out for you. Watching that video made MY head hurt, I can only imagine what you have been feeling. Best of luck to you with your claim against those criminals.
Thanks I just got the exterior estimate,

7300.00 ,

They still have not figured out the interior.

Thanks for your support
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 AM

09 G37
Dang Juicee, I was CRINGING watching that video. I was just as surprised as you were when that wheel was popped off and you saw the damage done to the flat tire. I'm glad you got the ride back, but honestly, I feel that justice should be served. Not only for the theft of your personal artifacts, but also the treatment of the car. I sincerely hope that whatever legal action you take on behalf of the damage done to your car goes up and beyond the simple price of repairs, or even a replacement. A lesson must be taught here.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:33 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Thanks I just got the exterior estimate,

7300.00 ,

They still have not figured out the interior.

Thanks for your support
OUCH!! The interior will be an open case because you have to make sure all is still working in a few months. It's not like the exterior, see the paint work and it's all good. I had a custom 2dr tahoe stolen and it was a nightmare. Finally after 6 months was all restored to custom but had an electrical short. Was tired of driving my old pickup and just traded it in.

BTW, got my PP as well. A man true to his word.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
What exactly am I repaying you for? Oh sorry , yes I will paypal you for your superior moderation skills.

My attorney will respond to your attorney via COB.
It was worth a shot.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
It was worth a shot.
You had me very nervous.

LOL!!

Im like I know he wanted to help , did he?? shoot stomach started churning.

great a mod loaned me 8500 and I forgot about it ,
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
OUCH!! The interior will be an open case because you have to make sure all is still working in a few months. It's not like the exterior, see the paint work and it's all good. I had a custom 2dr tahoe stolen and it was a nightmare. Finally after 6 months was all restored to custom but had an electrical short. Was tired of driving my old pickup and just traded it in.

BTW, got my PP as well. A man true to his word.
Thet are trying to weasel out of coveringthe interior.

1. repo agency blames auction lot,
2. Auction lot blames repo.
3. Geico investigatingprior to approving.

Geico approved exterior work and wheels,

This is going to be a long fight, jeez.
Apparantly Manheim jump started my car via the passenger foot well????? They admitted this to geico. How do you get the car started from the passenger foot well?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Holly Chit man, This is the first time I Read any of this thread, And I thought I was having a hard time at the Texas Mile.... Hey Josh Let go race some where...
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55

Apparantly Manheim jump started my car via the passenger foot well????? They admitted this to geico. How do you get the car started from the passenger foot well?
I know in my C5 Vette you could bypass the starter relay and it was under the passenger side footwell, but you still had to have a key in the ignition so I dunno, I guess anything is possible.

Glad you got your car back tho!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by bobgodd
I know in my C5 Vette you could bypass the starter relay and it was under the passenger side footwell, but you still had to have a key in the ignition so I dunno, I guess anything is possible.

Glad you got your car back tho!

They had a key but still had to go through the foot well, and the just left it dangling.

The battery was fried.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Unbelievable what they did to your car...

If the insurance co. is hassling you already, then you might want to think about hiring a certified independent adjuster to assess the situation. That way, you're certain you're not getting screwed, and you don't have to just accept whatever lowball offer geico is going to throw at you.

Also, I'd have a lawyer review your insurance contract. I'm not sure it makes any difference for the purposes of paying the claim, who actually did the damage.

Worst-case, you can just sue all three...the auction, the insurance company, and the repo agent. Then their game of pointing fingers at each other won't work.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
What a mess. I have to believe that there is some sort of paperwork that is handed off between these folks. I can't imagine the auction house taking a car without noting it's condition - and someone else mentioned on here that there is supposed to be an inventory performed by the repo agency, as well.

Sadly - you may just have to sue them all to get access to this information / data. But there has to be something - as the owner of the car - the person with property inside the car and still the title holder - that which you are entitled.

I realize that repo guys don't want to stand around and give you a damage report before they hook your car, but what's to prevent them from saying that the car was like that when they picked it up (assuming they are the ones that did the damage)? Will the ECU store any data that will be helpful with regard to times, etc? And if you can prove something was done while the car was not in your possession with the electrical systems you might be able to bolster your case. i.e. the warning lights were NOT on for x, x, and x until post repo.

I am sure you and your dealer are pursuing these options - but my tech for another vehicle had to testify in a murder case about data that was stored in the ECU to prove the person did drive almost across the country, etc. and what speeds were attained, etc.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:38 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6

Did geico get you a rental in the meantime? Also how much is the dealer tallying the damages up to? Both int/ext. Man it's not easy and will take alot of your free time that's why I was exhausted by the time mine was done.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Did geico get you a rental in the meantime? Also how much is the dealer tallying the damages up to? Both int/ext. Man it's not easy and will take alot of your free time that's why I was exhausted by the time mine was done.

here is where we are.

1. Exterior, 7300.00

2. Interior just north of 5k

I do have 1500 in rental reimbursement and likely can file a claim with my homeowners for the stolen personal items.

Car is still at Cal Star and likely headed over to body shop for repairs then back to Cal Star for interior.

Most of interior is replacing OEM cracked panels.(wood trim) shift plate.

Soon as I have the word Monday I will post up results.

The Insurance company is trying to pin the loss on a date where I was not covered claiming the Manheim Auction facility admitted all the damage after a search. I called Manheim and they said they told Geico they caused NONE OF THE INTERIOR DAMAGE and it was caused by the RA. The car was coveredFeb-14th-March 5th and re added to my policy March 9th when I decided to get the car back. So Geico is attempting to place ALL the interior damage occuring on March 6th 2009 . This conflicts with everything Manheim stated to them. They stated they "jumped the car through the passenger footwell" on March 27th. The Exterior claim has been approved for 7300. But Geico is trying to weasel out iof covering the interior.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:38 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Where's that little lizard? The adjuster just needs some more convincing. Get his home address and send him a pizza. It usually works especially when hand delivered. The RA company did the damage immediately after taking the car, then manheim did the rest.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Where's that little lizard? The adjuster just needs some more convincing. Get his home address and send him a pizza. It usually works especially when hand delivered. The RA company did the damage immediately after taking the car, then manheim did the rest.
If they deny the claim it will force them into litigation and actually could benefit my civil claim

So instead of suing two companies Geico would be the third, or at the very least during arbitration we will get statements from Manheim counter to what Geico claims the "Loss date" is.

Wish I had the car today , it is sooooo nice out
Old 04-05-2009, 01:48 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
If they deny the claim it will force them into litigation and actually could benefit my civil claim

So instead of suing two companies Geico would be the third, or at the very least during arbitration we will get statements from Manheim counter to what Geico claims the "Loss date" is.

Wish I had the car today , it is sooooo nice out
It's always nice in your part of the country. I'll be visiting this summer when it's a 110 here. You should have your car by then and we'll go for a nice cruise and maybe hit the track.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
All monies returned and then some!!!! Thanks

Josh, I'm retuning the overpayment. Don't want it.....buy me drinks when we meet.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Having a slight lapse in insurance was NOT a good thing to do.

At our DMV - you have to prove that you had coverage the entire time the car was registered - regardless of whether it was in your possession or not and can only remove coverage if you turn in the plates.

I hope that does not turn out to be a very costly mistake. Moral of this story - Insurance companies are NOT your friend and will spend a great amount of time and effort trying to avoid paying you. Giving them "a legitimate out" is the last thing in the world you want to do. Hope it works out.

And a Homeowner's claim will probably screw you over in rates, or, even get you dropped at renewal time.

It's bad enough to go through this - but to have your car virtually destroyed and have to fight to get it back a second time is terribly time consuming and has to be frustrating.

Any news from the police? That would likely help your insurance claim - as they will be taking statements and those dates will likely be in the report when they talk to someone at Manheim, as I expect they'll be trying to distance themselves from this entire thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Save Juicee63 thread