W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
me too. Got quoted ~$4400 for ~2yrs of coverage with a high deductible. at FJ and Fidelity
Exactly! Did you deal with Richard Greenstein (I think that's his name). He said he would give me a 5% discount if I went in THAT DAY. I told him to go kick rocks, lol.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Yeah...trade your amg for a cobra. Take this guys advice w/a grain of salt. My cousin has a brand new cobra. The only thing good about that car is the way it sounds and the lower priced aftermarket for it. Otherwise you're just another redneck in his dream chariot.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Exactly! Did you deal with Richard Greenstein (I think that's his name). He said he would give me a 5% discount if I went in THAT DAY. I told him to go kick rocks, lol.
Haha, yup, thats him. But now I'm really upset b/c I wasn't offered any discount

Can't say I blame him though, with their customer base he prolly sells those warranties left and right.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by izzyz28
Quite honestly the E55 is a truly awesome car, but after 20,000 miles of ownership I don't exactly think it's the greatest thing in the world. The powertrain is awesome to say the least, but things like shift quality, S/C engagement, poor ride, numb steering feedback, crappy radio reception, and a bunch of other things all add up to a car that is just that to me, a car. It is a fun car for sure, I'd never own a boring car, but to me at this point it's really not that great. I've said the same thing about other car's I've owned, but I guess I just expected a $90K car to be a cut above the rest.
I understand where you're coming from, I really do. But if those are your complaints about the E55, good luck with the Cobra. Sounds to me like the E55 was never the right car for you, regardless of whether you could get a CSC.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Yeah...trade your amg for a cobra. Take this guys advice w/a grain of salt. My cousin has a brand new cobra. The only thing good about that car is the way it sounds and the lower priced aftermarket for it. Otherwise you're just another redneck in his dream chariot.

I couldn't care less what other people think about my car. I am starting to get bitten by the mod bug, and I know what a Cobra can do for a faction of the $$$ it takes to mod these cars. I've had a Mustang before and I simply loved driving the thing. It was definitely cheap and American, but I have nothing to prove to anyone. The E55 was my dream car years ago, and now that I've owned one the lustre has gone away somewhat.

Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
I understand where you're coming from, I really do. But if those are your complaints about the E55, good luck with the Cobra. Sounds to me like the E55 was never the right car for you, regardless of whether you could get a CSC.
It may not have been the right car for me, but then again, I get bored really easily and go through cars and bikes like it's going out of style. I guess I just expected a lot more than the E really has to offer, and knowing the cost of repairs scares me to death. I don't have money to burn, and socking away big $$$$ just in case something stupid breaks is not worth it to me.

Anyways, I have sidetracked this thread enough. I will be happy to answer questions about my warranty experience, but other than that I'm out.

Last edited by izzyz28; 02-03-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM

2005 E55
Just got off the phone with Thomas at Chrysler. I took the advice of calling them directly since our beloved Michael and Todd were recently abducted by aliens. Chrysler said YES they are still offering coverage for vehicles with 60,000+ miles, but we have to purchase the contract at our local Chrysler/Dodge dealers. Prices may not be set at all dealers, and so negotiation may be needed.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:27 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by ZGlide
Just got off the phone with Thomas at Chrysler. I took the advice of calling them directly since our beloved Michael and Todd were recently abducted by aliens. Chrysler said YES they are still offering coverage for vehicles with 60,000+ miles, but we have to purchase the contract at our local Chrysler/Dodge dealers. Prices may not be set at all dealers, and so negotiation may be needed.
Been there, done that. Months ago when I was getting the run around from Todd/Michael, I went to Chrysler direct. They told me the same thing they told you. I went to my local Chrysler dealer. They told me without qualification that their Chrysler Corp. rep told them NOT to sell any CSC's on non-Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge cars. So many people here have had inconsistent experiences so maybe others will have luck going this route, but this was my experience.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned

The Best There Is E60 ///M5
Can I get this warranty for a 2005 E55 AMG with 2 previous owners and 64,355 miles? What are the steps for getting this warranty and what are my options for pricing?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Can I get this warranty for a 2005 E55 AMG with 2 previous owners and 64,355 miles? What are the steps for getting this warranty and what are my options for pricing?

According to Michael, they will not sell a service contract for a car with over 60K. If you manage to get it done, post here and let us know how you did it.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Banned

The Best There Is E60 ///M5
^^ Good to know, thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by izzyz28
According to Michael, they will not sell a service contract for a car with over 60K. If you manage to get it done, post here and let us know how you did it.
I spoke with Michael last week & he confirmed that they are not selling if you have over 60K miles & he also stated as of last week they will not sell if you are out of the factory warranty as well.

He says the factory warranty issue may change, but the mileage likely won't.
Michael also mentioned it was his groups decision for the restrictions, not Chrysler. They were personally hit with too many big claims from MB's that had 60,000-80,000 miles.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Originally Posted by inrealtime
I spoke with Michael last week & he confirmed that they are not selling if you have over 60K miles & he also stated as of last week they will not sell if you are out of the factory warranty as well.

Michael also mentioned it was his groups decision for the restrictions, not Chrysler. They were personally hit with too many big claims from MB's that had 60,000-80,000 miles.
Now I have to double check to make sure that I could still purchase a warranty while under the CPO warranty extension. My factory is up in March with an additional 1 year to follow.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM

'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
I just caught Michael on the phone and pulled the trigger on a 4 year/unlimited mile plan for $3485, $100 deductible. I'm at 49085 mi and still under factory plan but the "out of warranty" selections allow you to go beyond 3 years from today so I went that route.

Michael was very helpful and it was quick and easy...I think he's just a hard guy to get ahold of so keep trying.

Marc
Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM

CLS63
Really?!? That sounds extremely hoakey. That would imply that they somehow carry part of the liability of selling the service contract. That just sounds very odd. As Chysler and its actuaries should be making those decisions, not one of its agents selling its service contracts.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Dericious
Really?!? That sounds extremely hoakey. That would imply that they somehow carry part of the liability of selling the service contract. That just sounds very odd. As Chysler and its actuaries should be making those decisions, not one of its agents selling its service contracts.

Thats what he said. He mentioned there may be other groups that sell the chrysler warranty that don't have these restrictions. He didn't know of any off hand.

I know a buddy that sells insurance & he told me the company gets a bonus at the end of the year based on the dollar amount of claims. If true, it makes sense why the Zeigler group would want to have some sort of restrictions on who they sell to.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Just used my warranty without a problem!

Hi. I have read some of this thread but it is way too long and exhausting so I apologize in advance if this post is off topic.

I bought my warranty through Todd about 6 months ago. I used it for the first time 2 weeks ago. My control ignition module went bad and two of my cylinders were misfiring. Total cost was just under $1000.00. They covered it no problem and it was an easy process. My mechanic called up and made the claim. They OK'd it and he replaced the part the next day. Very happy with this warranty. My car has around 35K miles FYI and I took the $200.00 deductible. What is the deal with no one being able to get in touch with Todd. It was easy 6 months ago when I bought it from him. I have his number if needed but I'm sure it is somewhere on this thread. Does he not work for Chrysler anymore? Just curious. Good luck everybody.

Larry
Old 02-11-2010, 12:55 AM

CLS63
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
The warranty that my local MB dealer offer me was a third party warranty through Fidelity Warranty Services and they only offered one package. The rates were ridiculous for the coverage they offered. That's when I found this thread and got in contact with Michael Case. The warranty package through Chrysler was a much better deal, coverage and price wise, so I went with that. The only thing required was an inspection, which I had no problem with. As I said earlier, I've been in contact with Michael Case since then to ask questions about a couple things and he has always been prompt in responding.
Your car isn't still under factory warranty? I was assuming it was given it's an '08 but could be miles? I saw some fidelity quotes and I agree they are ridiculous. But I've spoken with several dealers that are offering an extension of the MB warranty (as long as your factory warranty is still in effect). One of which was within $600 of the quotes i got for the Chrysler factory warranty. So i've been torn between the two. (i'd like the option to take the car to an independent MB mechanic as my local dealer can be hit and miss with AMG service.)

Last edited by Dericious; 02-11-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 PM

2004 E55 AMG
So that's why the a$$h0le had been blowing me off since before Christmas. Couldn't man up enough to just pick up the phone and say "sorry, we're re-evaluating things right now, let me get back to you in a couple weeks". He did finally send me a quote for my car via e-mail (with the miles explicitly stated), I had an inspection done($115), I purchased it, he blew me off for another two weeks and then finally told me he wouldn't honor it. I knew something like that was going to happen.

I e-mailed him and asked him what he was planning to do about blowing me off and the $115 I wasted. Haven't heard back from him in over 2 weeks now. What a spineless d!ck and a worthless business owner.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
rlb

2007 BMW 335

So has anyone else confirmed that you can no longer get the extended warranty if out of factory warranty? If so, does anyone know of someone who sells the Chrysler warranty if out of factory warranty?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by rlb
So has anyone else confirmed that you can no longer get the extended warranty if out of factory warranty? If so, does anyone know of someone who sells the Chrysler warranty if out of factory warranty?
I believe if your out of warranty BUT UNDER 60k miles.. just get it through Chrysler direct.. same prices really.

I don't know their number or website so someone needs to post that and people just go there.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM

WTB: 06 E55 AMG
Wow, I am sort of confused on this whole service contract agreement/warranty deal.

Let's say I pick up a 2006 E55 tomorrow. I'm assuming my warranty is going to be up already, if not, in a few months.

1) How does it work exactly? Do I simply pick up the phone, call Chrysler directly and speak to one of the sales folks to get the best deal possible?

2) Do I take my car to any Chrysler dealer or MB dealer when the car needs something fixed/replaced?

3) Let's say my mileage is less than 40K, I'm assuming an inspection won't be necessary? Is this correct?

I'm just sort of lost on the whole "where do you take the car if something goes wrong" part of the agreement and when exactly you need to get an inspection.

FWIW, I read through this thread and almost fried my brain; so many mixed views/perceptions on the subject.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by LYE55
Wow, I am sort of confused on this whole service contract agreement/warranty deal.

Let's say I pick up a 2006 E55 tomorrow. I'm assuming my warranty is going to be up already, if not, in a few months.

1) How does it work exactly? Do I simply pick up the phone, call Chrysler directly and speak to one of the sales folks to get the best deal possible?

2) Do I take my car to any Chrysler dealer or MB dealer when the car needs something fixed/replaced?

3) Let's say my mileage is less than 40K, I'm assuming an inspection won't be necessary? Is this correct?

I'm just sort of lost on the whole "where do you take the car if something goes wrong" part of the agreement and when exactly you need to get an inspection.

FWIW, I read through this thread and almost fried my brain; so many mixed views/perceptions on the subject.

Since your car is less than 40k miles... just call michael case and get it from him that's your easiest bet without having to call around to chrysler people.

If you don't need an inspection its a done deal, jsut check when you call. If you do it will be about 1 hours of labor to have done.

WHen there is an issue bring it to MERCEDES dealer to have it fixed.

That's it and all there is to it.

If you don't want to use Michael case.. call chrysler direct.. no matter who you talk to AT CHRYSLER it will be the same price.

Michael case back last year was cheaper than going through regular chrysler for whatever reason. Same warranty/service contract - his company is just a reseller.. that's probably why
Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
Originally Posted by LYE55

LYE55: I just went through this in the past week.

1> I got an online quote for my '03
2> Called Michael, left VM, he called back the next day. Discussed the details of my car, since it was over 4 years old (under 48K) I had to take it to my local MB dealer for an inspection. Inspection was $123.00.
3> Scanned and emailed the inspection report, called Michael, got a call back in 2 hours, purchase was completed over the phone.

My car is an '03, just rolled over 45k and is still under CPO until July. The inspection turned up a leaking electrical connector on the tranny and worn ball joints, all replaced under CPO warranty today. (Excluded from report sent to Michael, since car was scheduled for repairs) Even though I have a few months left on the CPO, I wanted to get in on this before it was no longer an option. I hope it turns out to be the best $2810 I ever spent. I only wish I had pulled the trigger last year when I first got the car, as it was a bit less back then.

Last edited by X2Board; 02-11-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz E55
Originally Posted by X2Board
LYE55: I just went through this in the past week.

1> I got an online quote for my '03
2> Called Michael, left VM, he called back the next day. Discussed the details of my car, since it was over 4 years old (under 48K) I had to take it to my local MB dealer for an inspection. Inspection was $123.00.
3> Scanned and emailed the inspection report, called Michael, got a call back in 2 hours, purchase was completed over the phone.

My car is an '03, just rolled over 45k and is still under CPO until July. The inspection turned up a leaking electrical connector on the tranny and worn ball joints, all replaced under CPO warranty today. (Excluded from report sent to Michael, since car was scheduled for repairs) Even though I have a few months left on the CPO, I wanted to get in on this before it was no longer an option. I hope it turns out to be the best $2810 I ever spent. I only wish I had pulled the trigger last year when I first got the car, as it was a bit less back then.

I have had this Chrysler Warranty since last August, and I am just using it for the first time. I also bought it from a Michael, I paid right at $2999 for a 5/70 with a $100 deductible. No other company could TOUCH this warranty! The highest volume Mercedes Benz dealership in the nation Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach couldn't stand that this warranty is actually BETTER than the extended CPO warranty on certain things (e.g., the sunroof failed and was immediately told by a service writer that a sunroof cable is a wearable item. I was frustrated on his immediate diagnosis without even analyzing the car. I called the Chrysler warranty to ask if the sunroof would be covered, the lady said it was covered. I'll keep everyone posted on what was done, there was 4 pages of codes the Mercedes Master Tech pulled off (but no engine codes). This guy seems really, really good! He has a private GERMAN only shop in Murrieta, Ca. The name of the shop is Autohaus Frankfurt.

My reasons for Service:
  • Supercharger Clutch Pack really, really noisy (I know it is common);
  • Air Conditioning blowing hot on one side, cold on another;
  • Sunroof cable/mechanism broke on driver side;
  • Trunk hinge snapped off;
  • Red Battery Warning light in dash (VERY DANGEROUS, our cars throttle, brakes are all electronic.
In one day, he had the air fixed, the trunk propped open and ready to fix, had driven the car, taken off the annoying tire psi sensors (I'm running 20" HREs with no sensors), and had notes expanding on the 4 pages of codes the car delivered. It is very apparent that the owner of this shop truly has passion for working on German Cars!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Do not ever consider using Access Warranty.....They give you a booklet about what is covered under warranty,then you have to pull a tooth to get them to pay;even if it's listed.
Did i fail to mentioned how rude they were?From customer service to Supervisors.I would definately not recommend them to anyone.The sales end is great as usual,but the service is the worst i have ever experienced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?