W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Another Chrysler warranty question. Does anyone have the Added Care Plus instead of the Max Care? Any pros and cons on the added care plus? This is why I am asking. For a $200 deductible, I was quoted the following:

Max Care - 4/unlimited for $3,060
Added Care Plus - 4/unlimited for $2,680.

Is the $380 difference that much?

Also is going with the $200 deductible better or worst that the $100.

My car has 49,200 on it, so time is running out. As part of the quote, I was told that I need to have the dealer do a inspection.
Thanks again!!!!
Mike T.

Last edited by mtrevelino; 01-30-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added sentence
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
What about calling Chrysler warranty directly... give them your name and told them that you gave a rep who does their warranty your info, and explain your situation.. you should be in there system and/or only bill you once.. I bet they can resolve it.

What price did you pay?

What year is your car/model/mileage?

I'm going to do exactly this on Monday.

I paid $32XX for 5 years/70,000 miles. Car is a 2004 with 79,850 miles on it, so it'll be covered until it has 150K. I did have to get an inspection, but I just went to Schaumburg Chrysler Dodge Jeep(Michael's dealership apparantly) and paid for an hour of labor($115 or so). The service advisor did the inspection himself and gave the car a clean bill of health. I did everything right, so I'm not sure why I'm having so many issues with this stupid contract.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by izzyz28
I'm going to do exactly this on Monday.

I paid $32XX for 5 years/70,000 miles. Car is a 2004 with 79,850 miles on it, so it'll be covered until it has 150K. I did have to get an inspection, but I just went to Schaumburg Chrysler Dodge Jeep(Michael's dealership apparantly) and paid for an hour of labor($115 or so). The service advisor did the inspection himself and gave the car a clean bill of health. I did everything right, so I'm not sure why I'm having so many issues with this stupid contract.
$100 or $200 deductible.. ?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG & CLK350
Has anyone here gone past the due date on one of their services?

The fine print says that you can be denied coverage if your car is showing you are past required maintenance.

So let's say you're 5 days past due on Service D or something, and your tranny blows, they can say you missed a schedule service and thats why.

Has anyone experienced this?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 PM

2004 E55 AMG
$100 or $200 deductible.. ?

That was $200 deductible. The $100 deductible plan is considerably more. I bought my warranty as an emergency plan, if something big breaks, like a strut or a transmission. I don't plan on taking the car in to complain and moan about a bunch of tiny stuff every other week.

LADY AMG, I'm not sure about that one way or the other. I do all of my own work and maintenance, and I'm not sure how that would fit in with plan provisions.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350

LADY AMG, I'm not sure about that one way or the other. I do all of my own work and maintenance, and I'm not sure how that would fit in with plan provisions.
Really? The contract also states that all services must be done by a certified technician. Have you ever had an issue where they questioned who did the work?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Really? The contract also states that all services must be done by a certified technician. Have you ever had an issue where they questioned who did the work?

I ven't had any work done yet because I haven't received confirmation that I even have a contract. Don't know what the deal is yet, but whatever you do, DO NOT GO WITH MICHAEL CASE. Find someone else who sells these contracts. I'd be curious to hear what others have to say about having "proper" documentation for every visit.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
My car has 120k miles, any warranties that would cover me still that anyone can recommend?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 AM

CLS63
I ven't had any work done yet because I haven't received confirmation that I even have a contract. Don't know what the deal is yet, but whatever you do, DO NOT GO WITH MICHAEL CASE. Find someone else who sells these contracts. I'd be curious to hear what others have to say about having "proper" documentation for every visit.
Why don't you just go the the website and check via your vin?

I don't remember the website, but it's like the chrysler service contracts main website. There is a area to check your "warranty status".

found the site: http://www.servicecontracts.chrysler.com/

i remember someone posted this earlier.

Last edited by Dericious; 02-02-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dericious

I don't remember the website, but it's like the chrysler service contracts main website. There is a area to check your "warranty status".

I did, two weeks ago, and it said there are no plan provisions yet. To me that means I have basically filled out an application that was never processed. It needs to be processed before I am covered, and this is where the problem is. I contacted Ziegler Chrysler directly and the woman told me "I don't know who the guy(Michael) is, try calling or e-mailing him". This is absolute garbage. I left yet another message for him last night, and I'm calling Chrysler Financial this afternoon to see what the real scoop is. Maybe I can buy it directly through them or have them push it through\?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM

CLS63
I did, two weeks ago, and it said there are no plan provisions yet. To me that means I have basically filled out an application that was never processed. It needs to be processed before I am covered, and this is where the problem is. I contacted Ziegler Chrysler directly and the woman told me "I don't know who the guy(Michael) is, try calling or e-mailing him". This is absolute garbage. I left yet another message for him last night, and I'm calling Chrysler Financial this afternoon to see what the real scoop is. Maybe I can buy it directly through them or have them push it through\?
Yeah, I think there are people that have bought it directly through people at chysler. There was a guy named Todd there that used to do it?

I got responses from Michael Case via email to my questions within a day i think. I'm surprised hat you can't get him to reply. I've called before and that never seemed to work. But emails he was pretty responsive.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
I purchased mine through Michael Case and had a very positive experience. He's responded prompty via email and phone, even after the contract was completed.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
I will be seriously pissed off though if I paid all this money and not have my warranty honored.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350

I just checked my contract on the website and everything is all good.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 PM

2004 E55 AMG
I just checked my contract on the website and everything is all good.
Awesome!

I just called Chrysler and they have no record of my contract and couldn't do anything for me. I'm going to call them back later when I have more time and see if I can buy directly through Chrysler and tell Michael to F-off.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Awesome!

I just called Chrysler and they have no record of my contract and couldn't do anything for me. I'm going to call them back later when I have more time and see if I can buy directly through Chrysler and tell Michael to F-off.
That's interesting. It took less than a week for all my stuff to get processed. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM

CLS63
LADY AMG, mind if i ask what made you decide on the chrysler warranty vs. the MB warranty? Just cost difference? or something else?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Exclamation NO MORE WARRANTIES OVER 60K MILES

Well, finally received an e-mail back this afternoon. Now I can see why I was blown off for over a month. Here's what it said:

"I'm sorry but we are not allowed to sell the Chrysler Service Contract on MB vehicles with more than 60k miles; this is a policy change from within our own organization. I will follow-up on your refund for the deposit..."

Looks like they just changed their policy, so now I'm out the money for a worthless inspection and I'll probably sell the car and buy a Vette. No way am I paying what the other companies are asking, and I can't afford to pay out of pocket when a stupid $4K headlight motor breaks.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
I wouldn't be surprised if they stop covering all AMG products in the VERY near future.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
LADY AMG, mind if i ask what made you decide on the chrysler warranty vs. the MB warranty? Just cost difference? or something else?
The warranty that my local MB dealer offer me was a third party warranty through Fidelity Warranty Services and they only offered one package. The rates were ridiculous for the coverage they offered. That's when I found this thread and got in contact with Michael Case. The warranty package through Chrysler was a much better deal, coverage and price wise, so I went with that. The only thing required was an inspection, which I had no problem with. As I said earlier, I've been in contact with Michael Case since then to ask questions about a couple things and he has always been prompt in responding.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM

2004 E55
Well, finally received an e-mail back this afternoon. Now I can see why I was blown off for over a month. Here's what it said:

"I'm sorry but we are not allowed to sell the Chrysler Service Contract on MB vehicles with more than 60k miles; this is a policy change from within our own organization. I will follow-up on your refund for the deposit..."

Looks like they just changed their policy, so now I'm out the money for a worthless inspection and I'll probably sell the car and buy a Vette. No way am I paying what the other companies are asking, and I can't afford to pay out of pocket when a stupid $4K headlight motor breaks.
Who exaclty told you this? A few months ago I had a similar experience when trying to purchase the CSC (my car had 78K miles). I got ahold of Case the first time I tried him on the phone, then got the run around and left messages for over a month. So I tried another guy who's name has been thrown around ont this forum, Todd something or other, at Chrylser. After weeks of run around his associate finally told me they couldn't sell me a warranty and I had to go into my local Chrysler dealership to buy the warranty. I did, and the finance guy told me that his Chrysler Corp rep told him Chrysler officially stopped selling CSC's for all non-Chrysler, Dodge, etc. cars. Finally, I followed another members advice and just signed up for the CSC on Case's website and he responded via email the next day. Three weeks later all my paperwork was delivered in the mail and I was covered. There are a lot of conflicting stories/accounts out there on these CSC's, but one thing that seems consistent for now (knock on wood) is that if you have a CSC, you're well covered.

Gluck.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 PM

2004 E55
The warranty that my local MB dealer offer me was a third party warranty through Fidelity Warranty Services and they only offered one package. The rates were ridiculous for the coverage they offered. That's when I found this thread and got in contact with Michael Case. The warranty package through Chrysler was a much better deal, coverage and price wise, so I went with that. The only thing required was an inspection, which I had no problem with. As I said earlier, I've been in contact with Michael Case since then to ask questions about a couple things and he has always been prompt in responding.
me too. Got quoted ~$4400 for ~2yrs of coverage with a high deductible. at FJ and Fidelity
Old 02-02-2010, 08:17 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Who exaclty told you this? A few months ago I had a similar experience when trying to purchase the CSC (my car had 78K miles). I got ahold of Case the first time I tried him on the phone, then got the run around and left messages for over a month. So I tried another guy who's name has been thrown around ont this forum, Todd something or other, at Chrylser. After weeks of run around his associate finally told me they couldn't sell me a warranty and I had to go into my local Chrysler dealership to buy the warranty. I did, and the finance guy told me that his Chrysler Corp rep told him Chrysler officially stopped selling CSC's for all non-Chrysler, Dodge, etc. cars. Finally, I followed another members advice and just signed up for the CSC on Case's website and he responded via email the next day. Three weeks later all my paperwork was delivered in the mail and I was covered. There are a lot of conflicting stories/accounts out there on these CSC's, but one thing that seems consistent for now (knock on wood) is that if you have a CSC, you're well covered.

Gluck.

I bought the warranty at Case's website(after having an inspection done in December in preparation) and then spent two weeks chasing him down to get the response above. What I posted above is word for word what Michael E-mailed me this afternoon.

Looking at 2003 Cobras on E-bay right now.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
I bought the warranty at Case's website(after having an inspection done in December in preparation) and then spent two weeks chasing him down to get the response above. What I posted above is word for word what Michael E-mailed me this afternoon.

Looking at 2003 Cobras on E-bay right now.
You do realize the cost of brakes, and services too, before you bought this car, no?

If because the warranty from Fidelity is $1k max more than Chrysler and that's causing you to sell the car because its too expensive, I think you bought the wrong car to begin with.

Alas, this is good information. According to you, basically today (Feb 1st 2010) CSC no longer sells warranties to benzs over 60k miles. This may be true, or maybe Michael's office won't sell to a benz over 60k miles. Try calling CSC direct and buy 1 and see what they say.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

2004 E55 AMG
You do realize the cost of brakes, and services too, before you bought this car, no?

If because the warranty from Fidelity is $1k max more than Chrysler and that's causing you to sell the car because its too expensive, I think you bought the wrong car to begin with.

Alas, this is good information. According to you, basically today (Feb 1st 2010) CSC no longer sells warranties to benzs over 60k miles. This may be true, or maybe Michael's office won't sell to a benz over 60k miles. Try calling CSC direct and buy 1 and see what they say.

Michael said it was an internal decision by Chrysler, so apparantly not his choice.

Service costs are not an issue whatsoever. I do my own work, no way I'm getting raped by the dealer for BS services and inspections that cost hundreds of dollars. It's the unknown costs that can add up very quickly. Things that should never in a million years break seem to break regularly on these cars and cost a fortune to fix. At this point I'd rather get something else and spend the money modding it, rather than spend thousands on a warranty I may never use or parts that shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Quite honestly the E55 is a truly awesome car, but after 20,000 miles of ownership I don't exactly think it's the greatest thing in the world. The powertrain is awesome to say the least, but things like shift quality, S/C engagement, poor ride, numb steering feedback, crappy radio reception, and a bunch of other things all add up to a car that is just that to me, a car. It is a fun car for sure, I'd never own a boring car, but to me at this point it's really not that great. I've said the same thing about other car's I've owned, but I guess I just expected a $90K car to be a cut above the rest.

There's a real nice Cobra with 13K miles right up the road from me. I may have to go check it out and see if a trade can be worked out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?