Sponsored by:

E55 Long Tube Headers - $1999!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:18 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
And to clarify now.... in this thread, you stated that the best the car has done before the tune was 12.1@116. You are now claiming that the car runs 11.66@120.2, which is an impressive gain from tuning and headers...don't you think?

Sounds like money well spent to me.

Originally Posted by prodigymb
yeah. i emailed wayne several times and he finally got back to me 2 weeks after the initial email was sent. i had my car at the dealer replacing OEM parts that could have been causing the driveabilty issues. they wanted to flash me to stock but i asked them not to do that.

master tech at the dealer told me that my tune "could use more work", i told him i had it dyno tuned twice. he suggested to try another tuner both him and the service manager said with things i have done my car should do more then 120 on the quarter mile.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
I gotta say after my LET Stage 1 tune my car doesn't feel all that much stronger, if any, than it did stock (prior to the tune)... kinda frustrating...

Mr. Sustrunk (Wayne I think his name is) was at the dyno day but he didn't tune my car there since it's stock for now; instead we decided it'd be better for a stage 1 flash and not waste money to tune a stock car...so Tony put a LET "canned" Stage 1 tune on my car a few months later when he came over for the Autoworld car show and event. I still have this tune on my car now...

As a consumer and LET customer, here's what concerns me and maybe Jerry, Wayne, Tony or whomever can respond and explain or talk to this. For a little while now I've been catching some threads discussing other competitors' tunes and how they may be better; plus I've heard (and again this is just through word of mouth) about LET tuning a car that ended up blowing an engine and LET didn't want to take responsibility...please give us some explainations of this to shed some info on what's going on if you can...

Last edited by Sunir; 07-28-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by Jerry@LETMotorsports
And to clarify now.... in this thread, you stated that the best the car has done before the tune was 12.1@116. You are now claiming that the car runs 11.66@120.2, which is an impressive gain from tuning and headers...don't you think?

Sounds like money well spent to me.
sounds like you didnt bother reading everything...or looking at the dates

that thread was from the 1st time i got tuned. and my car ran a best of 11.71@121.33mph after the first tune

then i got headers, and another let custom dyno tune and my car went 11.8x @119.x and then i added drag radials and went 11.66@120 lol. with better launch and in better weather conditions.

my car got slower after headers and his second dyno retune. as far as driveability goes i did not think of the tune as being a potential cause of it at first like i told wayne in my email to him.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
It's amazing what another company can do when they spread false rumors about us.

Alex (alexander1099) had his motor let go on the highway in the middle of the night after driving over 140mph with no tune and a 180mm pulley installed. We told him he had a stock tune.

Alex - Please chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.

I will be more than happy to help, but 30-35whp on a stock E55 might not feel that much stronger. Have you taken the car to the dyno?

And what about all the good threads out there?

https://mbworld.org/forums/3466537-post1.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/3459450-post1.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tuner-why.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...orts-rock.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...light=let+tune

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...light=let+tune

Originally Posted by Sunir
I gotta say after my LET Stage 1 tune my car doesn't feel all that much stronger, if any, than it did stock (prior to the tune)... kinda frustrating...

Mr. Sustrunk (Wayne I think his name is) was at the dyno day but he didn't tune my car there since it's stock for now; instead Tony put a LET "canned" Stage 1 tune on my car when he came over for the Autoworld car show and event. I still have this tune on my car now...

As a consumer and LET customer, here's what concerns me and maybe Jerry, Wayne, Tony or whomever can respond and explain or talk to this. For a little while now I've been catching some threads discussing other competitors' tunes and how they may be better; plus I've heard (and again this is just through word of mouth) about LET tuning a car that ended up blowing an engine and LET didn't want to take responsibility...please give us some explainations
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
No, I didn't read everything. How about you call me or email me so we can schedule our remote flasher to come to you? I will personally tune the car to your satisfaction, with no charges from me.

Fair enough?

sounds like you didnt bother reading everything...or looking at the dates

that thread was from the 1st time i got tuned. and my car ran a best of 11.71@121.33mph after the first tune

then i got headers, and another let custom dyno tune and my car went 11.8x @119.x and then i added drag radials and went 11.66@120 lol. with better launch and in better weather conditions.

my car got slower after headers and his second dyno retune. as far as driveability goes i did not think of the tune as being a potential cause of it at first like i told wayne in my email to him.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
That is true, I did have a motor go, but it was not due to an LET tune.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
That is true, I did have a motor go, but it was not due to an LET tune.
nope, could be the fact that you blew past my car sideways at over 100mph, all while making a 3 lane change, weaving in and out of traffic james bond style, and then punching the gas at 100 only to see the tires chirp....

was a good show though....

Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's amazing what another company can do when they spread false rumors about us.

Alex (alexander1099) had his motor let go on the highway in the middle of the night after driving over 140mph with no tune and a 180mm pulley installed. We told him he had a stock tune.

Alex - Please chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.

I will be more than happy to help, but 30-35whp on a stock E55 might not feel that much stronger. Have you taken the car to the dyno?

And what about all the good threads out there?
When I chose you guys as a tuner for my car I read all of the success threads which gave me a peace of mind.....there was a large amount. My dyno numbers were ok and I was satisfied with my stage 1 trap of 121.3 as you can see from my posts in my thread. I was expecting a ~122-123 trap with headers and retune but instead my car got slower.

What I am saying is not based on any rumors, just my experience with my car. In fact this is the first time I am hearing a blown motor. All I want is for my car to perform to it's full potential with no driveability issues whether it's with your software or someone elses.

I have replaced a lot of OEM parts, my coolant is in check now. So what can it be that is making me slower?

new parts....
-transmission
-torque converter
-tcu
-supercharger clutch
-supercharger clutch backing pulley
- sc belt
- accelerator pedal
- new 80mm throttle body
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by loungn14
nope, could be the fact that you blew past my car sideways at over 100mph, all while making a 3 lane change, weaving in and out of traffic james bond style, and then punching the gas at 100 only to see the tires chirp....

was a good show though....

And, ironically enough, that car is now for sale...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
I want to help. Can you PM me your phone number please?

When I chose you guys as a tuner for my car I read all of the success threads which gave me a peace of mind.....there was a large amount. My dyno numbers were ok and I was satisfied with my stage 1 trap of 121.3 as you can see from my posts in my thread. I was expecting a ~122-123 trap with headers and retune but instead my car got slower.

What I am saying is not based on any rumors, just my experience with my car. In fact this is the first time I am hearing a blown motor. All I want is for my car to perform to it's full potential with no driveability issues whether it's with your software or someone elses.

I have replaced a lot of OEM parts, my coolant is in check now. So what can it be that is making me slower?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
SPONSOR

do you have dyno numbers comparing the 2 tunes? I am confused, as the track in my personal experience is never the same the times I go. I can run a 12.3 one day and hardly break 13's the next.

Da/track prep/ heat soak/ etc can play major differences. Thats why I always base my mods on dyno delta difference.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
And, ironically enough, that car is now for sale...

He actually had it for sale 2 months before that...I was going to buy it, but you know the great resale that our cars have....
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
As prodigymb has already posted, I've offered to retune or return back to stock. I'm not sure what else you would like us to do, since that is the service that we originally provided.

I'm also a bit confused about your tech commenting on the program, since no Mercedes computer has the capability to examine it.

Sunir- the tune on your car made 34rwhp on an identical vehicle. I always recommend a before-and-after Dyno, but that was not performed. A 3 to 4 tenth improvement in the quarter may be difficult to discern on a street car.

I also have no comment on the libelous activities of one our competitors.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
So you offered to fly Wayne up so he could retune you? Haven't heard anything about that....
Unless you check Waynes cell phone for txts I wouldn't expect you to hear anything about it either. You see this thread where we were told if we got 5 new customers LET would fly out and tune? And then... nothing. Here, check your own thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...special-2.html
Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
He actually had it for sale 2 months before that...I was going to buy it, but you know the great resale that our cars have....
LOL, I know. Picked mine up a little over two years ago, and it had already depreciated a signficant chunk from MSRP... and, now, it's probably depreciated another 50% (or damn close) from what I paid. Oh well. /rant

Sorry for the OT commentary.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
As prodigymb has already posted, I've offered to retune or return back to stock. I'm not sure what else you would like us to do, since that is the service that we originally provided.

I'm also a bit confused about your tech commenting on the program, since no Mercedes computer has the capability to examine it.
i know you offered to put an updated file on it and i do not recall you offerring to put it back to stock, and the reason why i have not been in touch is i have been very busy plus one of my HREs got ruined so i have to deal with wheel shop and HRE and blah blah.

wayne per your request i did not let the tech reflash the car to stock. as far as his comments - i assume they are based on him driving my car not examining your program which he doesnt have the ability to do. he's a great guy and so is his boss they work on my car even though it has a lot of aftermarket parts, they even replaced my 80MM TB under warranty.

wayne you have my email, let me know what you guys want to do.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Unless you check Waynes cell phone for txts I wouldn't expect you to hear anything about it either. You see this thread where we were told if we got 5 new customers LET would fly out and tune? And then... nothing. Here, check your own thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...special-2.html

I don't see a list of people commiting to the tunes, nor do I see that ANY deposits were made. We can't book flights without deposits.

I would personally come to DC to do the tuning, so set up a thread!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
wayne you have my email, let me know what you guys want to do.
I don't have your contact info, please PM me. I manage the schedule of the remote tuner and will need your shipping address, etc.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Sorry for the OT commentary.
Are you kidding?? At this point, I welcome them....threads ruined anyways.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Totally agree with blackbenzz post, we wanted to have LET come over and custom tune our cars in DC area a month ago. 4 people posted with an interest in two days, it wouldn't be a problem to find one more, but LET wasn't interested in DC metro guys and our posts were just ignored. I guess, it is time to go with kleemann instead.

Last edited by Karlson; 07-28-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I am a slow typer
Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
I think there was a miscommunication. Tony is no longer with LET. He logged in with the LETMotorsports account. If you want, I'll start a new thread today and personally manage the event.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Karlson
Totally agree with blackbenzz post, we wanted to have LET come over and custom tune our cars in DC area a month ago. 4 people posted with an interest in two days, it wouldn't be a problem to find one more, but LET wasn't interested in DC metro guys and our posts were just ignored. I guess, it is time to go with kleemann instead.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Good luck to you too... Everyone wants to be as fast as you!
+1
Old 07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Expressing interest and putting down a deposit seem to be different concepts.

I would come back for four new customers. Please send $200 deposit to sales@lettuning.com.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
SPONSOR

did anyone offer up deposits. From what I saw with other threads regarding flying out and doing tuning, a lot say they will but few actually go through with it, and as jerry said they need the deposits to book flights.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
did anyone offer up deposits. From what I saw with other threads regarding flying out and doing tuning, a lot say they will but few actually go through with it, and as jerry said they need the deposits to book flights.
Read the thread, where does it ask for deposits? I'm sure if the people were asked to put down the deposits they would have. Wayne has tuned my car in the past with great results along with some other cars, this is not about the tuning aspect but more about the customer service and the ability to get stuff done in a timely manner

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 Long Tube Headers - $1999!!!