W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Poser Sighting Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 sport
How about this one... AWESOME!!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 PM

2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
Originally Posted by JonnyWalker
How about this one... AWESOME!!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
LOL not only is the ML a poser but I bet a bull****ter too parking in the handicapped parking...
Hell yea! A bunch of kids jumped out of it acting all bad ***!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
YES
Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Don't waste your time with these people and don't waste time trying to figure it out. It's been going on since the dawn of consumerism. And not just with cars, but with all material things (watches, running shoes, handbags, clothing, sunglasses, etc..)

Better yet, everybody should debadge their cars (I did) and then the only cars left with AMG badges will be fakes, since the real ones won't have any badges at all

But seriously, the only real damage is when resellers put on the badges to get a sale and a higher price. That's fraud and should be dealt with legally. A couple of members here claim that the local dealerships are doing that. That's consumer fraud and is illegal.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by 220S
Don't waste your time with these people and don't waste time trying to figure it out. It's been going on since the dawn of consumerism. And not just with cars, but with all material things (watches, running shoes, handbags, clothing, sunglasses, etc..)

Better yet, everybody should debadge their cars (I did) and then the only cars left with AMG badges will be fakes, since the real ones won't have any badges at all

But seriously, the only real damage is when resellers put on the badges to get a sale and a higher price. That's fraud and should be dealt with legally. A couple of members here claim that the local dealerships are doing that. That's consumer fraud and is illegal.
Are you serious? Dealers are putting AMG badges on their cars and telling people it is a AMG model car?
You reminded me of a kid I know who said he got a killer deal on a Toyota Supra, car was a replica of the Twin Turbo Model, I guess he is just retarded cause he bought it thinking its a Twin Turbo without ever looking under the hood. This was year and years back but still what a MO
Old 08-19-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Here is a good example of what my video will be like only this will be with a AMG poser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJgZWGO3VI
OMG that's the best! A rotary turbo MUSTANG with special edition GTR package!!! WHAT A DUMBA$$

Last edited by grantwoodtx; 08-19-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Does anyone know why these people do this? I just don't understand. Do they have any idea what AMG even stands for or what it is all about? Do they even know the difference between, a non AMG model and their car? I can't seem to understand. This happens to a lot of cars: BMW M Cars, Corvette Z06s, Ford Mustangs, Camaros, and so on.

I can't seem to understand, next time I see a person that is a poser I will confront them about it on camera and post it on here, thats a MBWORLD promise. I want to see what these guys have to say about putting AMG logos all over their car.

Here is a good example of what my video will be like only this will be with a AMG poser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJgZWGO3VI
I lol'd so ****ing hard I have tears in my eyes...
Old 08-19-2011, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It was two other MBWorld members here that claimed dealers were doing this, not me. And they claimed that people who don't know what an AMG is were paying more because the dealership said the car was a better car, etc., since it was an 'AMG.' And they claimed it was one of the biggest MB franchise dealers in LA (and an authorized AMG Performance Center dealership): MB Beverly Hills. (The other guy just said it was a "well known dealership" but implied that all the dealerships in LA do it, too.)

Of course, anybody looking for an AMG specifically will know what they are doing, but there are also lots of people looking to buy a regular E or S Class. If the dealer is telling them that the one they're looking at is a 'special AMG' car, and charges them more or uses it to make the sale, then it's fraud, pure and simple.

btw, I talked to the SM of MB BH and they said they do not do this and don't condone it.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
btw, I talked to the SM of MB BH and they said they do not do this and don't condone it.
They can loose their franchise for doing this.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM

2005 E500 sport
Don't know what it is but two posers back to back days in the same place.. haha
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
+1, I mentioned on that thread that is a serious accusation.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
On the hunt for a Poser with a camera.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
EPIC callout...

Originally Posted by tbal
I lol'd so ****ing hard I have tears in my eyes...
This is even better...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzgb...eature=related
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
It was two other MBWorld members here that claimed dealers were doing this, not me. And they claimed that people who don't know what an AMG is were paying more because the dealership said the car was a better car, etc., since it was an 'AMG.' And they claimed it was one of the biggest MB franchise dealers in LA (and an authorized AMG Performance Center dealership): MB Beverly Hills. (The other guy just said it was a "well known dealership" but implied that all the dealerships in LA do it, too.)

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Its well known that MBUSA allowed the dealer to label the old W209 CLK430's to be badged AMGs by the dealer. They did have a AMG body kit.

Ive also seen an enormous amount of CLS 500's with the AMG badge as well which leads me to believe the dealer must be doing this and not douchebag posers even though it is Miami.

MBUSA could car less about putting a label on a car. They are not going to revoke a franchise that moves product like the big comglomerates such as Penske or Autonation.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
i know these guys haha video was taken a few years ago still talked about today
Old 08-22-2011, 04:46 PM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
That was hilarious.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moosejaw
Its well known that MBUSA allowed the dealer to label the old W209 CLK430's to be badged AMGs by the dealer. They did have a AMG body kit.

Ive also seen an enormous amount of CLS 500's with the AMG badge as well which leads me to believe the dealer must be doing this and not douchebag posers even though it is Miami.

MBUSA could car less about putting a label on a car. They are not going to revoke a franchise that moves product like the big comglomerates such as Penske or Autonation.
I called MBUSA after reading Moosejaw's post. I've dealt with one of the dealers that two other people claim is fraudulently misrepresenting MBUSA products. I know others who buy from them, too. And I've recommended the dealership to colleagues. Plus that dealership is one of the few authorized AMG Performance Centers in the US. I want to know for certain if they are dishonest and engaged in fraudulent consumer transactions and confront them about it.

Anyway, MBUSA said that they have never promoted their dealer franchises to put AMG badges on the CLK 430 or any other non-AMG car. The CLK came with the complete AMG sport package but is not an AMG and was never marketed, sold, or promoted as such. They never "allowed them" to label or sell it as an AMG. They were very emphatic about this. They said it's a car forum myth. Cars that showed up with badges were used cars from the cheap used car lots and not from the MBUSA franchised dealerships.

And they said any dealership, no matter how large, can lose their franchise if they misrepresent MBUSA products for financial gain (just like Jon said.) They were pretty adamant about that. If the car is MBUSA new inventory, a MBUSA CPO car, and/or being financed by MBUSA or leased by them, and is misrepresented as a different product, then that's not looked upon favorably at all. They did say that if the dealership has purchased a used car (as trade-in, etc.) and it is not part of the MBUSA dealership network of CPO inventory, then it's possible that it may have already had a badge on it. The dealer isn't 'officially' required to take them off. But if the dealer badges the car and/or attempts to sell it as a different product for profitable gain, then that's definitely not condoned according to MBUSA's relationship with the dealer network.

And if anybody can show proof of such fraud, then MBUSA definitely wants to know about it. They said it's hard to monitor stuff like this because the dealers are independent franchises. But there are specific rules for the franchises, and they appreciate any consumer input. And obviously used car lots don't count. They can do anything they want. And that's where this AMG badging is really coming from, esp in places like Miami and LA. There are lots of those used "exotic" and "fantasy" crappy car dealerships selling higher end cars to people who can't afford them in the first place. And a lot more people are now buying used from non-MB dealerships as the prices keep dropping (newbies are popping up every day on this forum.)

I'm not naive about fraud and don't put it past certain businesses to do stuff like this. But when people come on forums and start posting hearsay or things they read on internet forums (Google=a cheap and questionable education), I just want the facts and the proof so I can choose who to deal with in the MBUSA franchise network.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
Originally Posted by BlkE55K
That was hilarious.
What's the big deal? I ran a 119mph 1/8th, .001 reaction time, with a single shot, drags, super charged, stolen recovered....

I'll be back when I think of some more stuff...

Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
The problem with the MB "Franchise" situation is that they are all independent contractors and there is very little MBUSA can do to monitor and police them. I've had first-hand experience lately with the relatively small toolset MBUSA has when it comes to dealing with a misbehaving franchise.

Then of course, when my MBUSA rep had the guy in charge of allocation for California call my stealer, oh boy did customer service improve.

I called MBUSA after reading Moosejaw's post. I've dealt with one of the dealers that two other people claim is fraudulently misrepresenting MBUSA products. I know others who buy from them, too. And I've recommended the dealership to colleagues. Plus that dealership is one of the few authorized AMG Performance Centers in the US. I want to know for certain if they are dishonest and engaged in fraudulent consumer transactions and confront them about it.

Anyway, MBUSA said that they have never promoted their dealer franchises to put AMG badges on the CLK 430 or any other non-AMG car. The CLK came with the complete AMG sport package but is not an AMG and was never marketed, sold, or promoted as such. They never "allowed them" to label or sell it as an AMG. They were very emphatic about this. They said it's a car forum myth. Cars that showed up with badges were used cars from the cheap used car lots and not from the MBUSA franchised dealerships.

And they said any dealership, no matter how large, can lose their franchise if they misrepresent MBUSA products for financial gain (just like Jon said.) They were pretty adamant about that. If the car is MBUSA new inventory, a MBUSA CPO car, and/or being financed by MBUSA or leased by them, and is misrepresented as a different product, then that's not looked upon favorably at all. They did say that if the dealership has purchased a used car (as trade-in, etc.) and it is not part of the MBUSA dealership network of CPO inventory, then it's possible that it may have already had a badge on it. The dealer isn't 'officially' required to take them off. But if the dealer badges the car and/or attempts to sell it as a different product for profitable gain, then that's definitely not condoned according to MBUSA's relationship with the dealer network.

And if anybody can show proof of such fraud, then MBUSA definitely wants to know about it. They said it's hard to monitor stuff like this because the dealers are independent franchises. But there are specific rules for the franchises, and they appreciate any consumer input. And obviously used car lots don't count. They can do anything they want. And that's where this AMG badging is really coming from, esp in places like Miami and LA. There are lots of those used "exotic" and "fantasy" crappy car dealerships selling higher end cars to people who can't afford them in the first place. And a lot more people are now buying used from non-MB dealerships as the prices keep dropping (newbies are popping up every day on this forum.)

I'm not naive about fraud and don't put it past certain businesses to do stuff like this. But when people come on forums and start posting hearsay or things they read on internet forums (Google=a cheap and questionable education), I just want the facts and the proof so I can choose who to deal with in the MBUSA franchise network.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
And if anybody can show proof of such fraud, then MBUSA definitely wants to know about it. They said it's hard to monitor stuff like this because the dealers are independent franchises.
Yeah, the dealer who is doing this is not stupid. They are not going to write on the bill of sale "2007 S550 AMG". They rely on the consumer to be stupid.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Vote for Pedro.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
CLK320K!!

Official Poser Sighting Thread-clk320.jpg
Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I Can understand a E350 W/ AMG Pkg And adding a AMG Badge the wheels say it anyway.

now a Un Sport PKG E 350 With AMG badge that's a no go.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by saltydizzle
OMG Dose that say C55

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Poser Sighting Thread