W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SL600 - DynoJet (Read, you speed freaks!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
SL600 - DynoJet (Read, you speed freaks!)

Whew, exhausting day today! L.A. traffic kills and so does Cali heat! That said, it was a fun day! Met up with member "theRicker" (whose a stand-up guy, might I add! Definitely a cool dude) for some friendly comparison runs. As those who've been keeping up with the news around here, now my SL600s been getting it's *** kicked left and right and we decided to see if indeed there is something wrong with my car by lining up.

And the results, yes. Very much so in fact, every run we did he pulled multiple car lengths, averaging bus-lengths on the freeway. Embarrassingly enough, after one run, he even asked me if I left off-- NO, you jackass I've already taken my car to the shop and they've found the problems (IC Pump, collapsed transmission mounts) and I am in the process of fixing them. Today's result solidify what I've already known-- my car needs (warranty) work!

Anyways, all that out the way we managed to strap his car to a DynoJet at HK Motorsports in Oxnard; which I hear is rumored to be quite a conservative dyno. His SL600 was strapped down and had 3 ridiculous runs:

And here's a video.

First run, his car mustered a whopping 480WHP! We thought that was amazing, so after a classroom session (LOL!) we went back for round two. I was expecting the WHP to drop due to the extreme heat in that shop (last I recall, it was near 90 degrees!) but no... his second run ran an even more impressive 490WHP. And his last run... well... he ran his best, a breathe-taking 501WHP!

I do not have the DynoJet charts, but Sean (TheRicker) will post them as soon as he chimes in here.

For comparison, there was a E63 with headers over there that ran something like 405-410WHP. Also a C63 in the mid-300s, Sean correct me if I'm wrong.

All said and done, I was impressed and can't wait to get my 600 fixed to join the party!

And Sean, here's just a pic of your car from the freeway runs:

And another video.

Last edited by Akademiks; 07-23-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Some great numbers!

At first I was thinkin to myself....when did he get new wheels and paint his brakes... then I saw Sean's name and just

EDIT...

If Sean doesn't mind...what kind of mods is he running?

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 07-23-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Whats been done to the car besides the CAI ?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Met-up w/Akademiks (Harry) kewl kat! Thank you for the vidz & good company...Dyno @ HK Motorsports Dynojet in LA, off Oxnard st, not in Oxnard Ca.

1/2 tank 91 ****-octane mixed w/latest Torco octane booster = about 94-95 Octane. Got their an hour early popped hood iced-down both IC's then strapped her down (Only had about 15 miles on Octane booster so I think she adapted as we dyno'd, about 15-20 min bet pulls) 95+ degrees in shop

1st pull 487.21 RWHP
2nd pull 489.05 RWHP

3rd pull 501.72 RWHP

Thank you for the informative Dyno session Harry (Owners name is also Harry)

(No RWTO readings were taken) All runs were done in 4th gear.

They also had previously dyno'd (In the past, & showed both Harry & I their charts) (3) C63's (1) CLK63 BS (1) E63 w/Longtubes, the stock C63's made 360 RWHP the CLK63 BS made 400 RWHP & the E63 w/Longtubes 415-420... So as you can see this Dynojet is conservative...

Before you guys cry foul, I had her dyno'd 3 weeks ago on Superflow Dyno @ Bottle Blown Racing (from experts here & research I've done Superflow compares nearly exactly to Mustang or properly set Dynodynamics "Heart Breaker" (SL had same fuel mixture) Completely Heat Soaked 45min in traffic then ran @ 100mph for about 5 min to make appt, ZERO cool down or iced went directly on Superflow. She made consistant 444 RWHP on multi pulls @ that time.

Very nice meeting you finally, good times bud
Attached Thumbnails SL600 - DynoJet (Read, you speed freaks!)-dynocard.jpg   SL600 - DynoJet (Read, you speed freaks!)-img_4176.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 07-23-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
nice numbers!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Thericker
Met-up w/Akademiks (Harry) kewl kat! Thank you for the vidz & good company...Dyno @ HK Motorsports Dynojet in LA, off Oxnard st, not in Oxnard Ca.

1/2 tank 91 ****-octane mixed w/latest Torco octane booster = about 94-95 Octane. Got their an hour early popped hood iced-down both IC's then strapped her down (Only had about 15 miles on Octane booster so I think she adapted as we dyno'd, about 15-20 min bet pulls) 95+ degrees in shop

1st pull 487.21 RWHP

2nd pull 489.05 RWHP

3rd pull 501.72 RWHP

Graphs will be posted shortly, here's some pix shop owner took, thank you for the informative Dyno session Harry (His name was also Harry)

(No RWTO readings were taken) All runs were done in 4th gear.

They also had previously dyno'd (In the past, & showed both Harry & I their charts) (3) C63's (1) CLK63 BS (1) E63 w/Longtubes, the stock C63's made 360 RWHP the CLK63 BS made 400 RWHP & the E63 w/Longtubes 415-420... So as you can see this Dynojet is conservative...

Before you guys cry foul, I had her dyno'd 3 weeks ago on Superflow Dyno @ Bottle Blown Racing (from experts here & research I've done Superflow compares nearly exactly to Mustang or properly set Dynodynamics "Heart Breaker" (SL had same fuel mixture) Completely Heat Soaked 45min in traffic then ran @ 100mph for about 5 min to make appt, ZERO cool down or iced went directly on Superflow. She made consistant 444 RWHP on multi pulls @ that time.

Very nice meeting you finally, good times bud
So Sean, you are ECU/TCU'd but not dyno tuned correct? Along with the CAI, and "exhaust"?

Definitely some great numbers!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
shoulda came to FONTANA man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam we need you , Harry too.

That is a stout dyno bud
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
So Sean, you are ECU/TCU'd but not dyno tuned correct? Along with the CAI, and "exhaust"?

Definitely some great numbers!
No ECU/TCU, having Powerchip Dyno tune her after IC Res Tank install next month

Current mods are only Custom CAI/ 3" Cat-back/ Torco

Last edited by Thericker; 07-23-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

W221
No ECU/TCU, having Powerchip Dyno tune her after IC Res Tank install next month

Current mods are only Custom CAI/ 3" Cat-back/ Torco
No *****.

I don't even want to imagine your car after a dyno-tuned ECU/TCU.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by juicee63
shoulda came to FONTANA man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam we need you , Harry too.

That is a stout dyno bud
I talked w/Mo after Dyno's we'll be joining you kat's soon!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Sean, Great numbers buddy!!! You always knew your car ran strong and now you have some numbers backing it up. The next step is hitting up the track to see how those numbers translate into track times. As we spoke before, you should have no problems dipping deep into the 11's.

Just wait until you get your ECU/TCU tune by Jeremy....watch out boyz!!!!!

Harry, what do you think is wrong with your car? If I remember correctly you lost to a stock E63...right? Hopefully you find the culprit causing your car's problems and get her back where she needs to be.

Once again Sean, excellent numbers and I'm glad you've finally have some solid numbers. Maybe you and Harry should make a showing at Sacramento and represent the S class....come on Sean don't puss out j/k. I'm really hoping to get a nice mixture of cars out there - C, S, E, and maybe Jess will show up with his monstrous Renntech SLK.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Sean, Great numbers buddy!!! You always knew your car ran strong and now you have some numbers backing it up. The next step is hitting up the track to see how those numbers translate into track times. As we spoke before, you should have no problems dipping deep into the 11's.

Just wait until you get your ECU/TCU tune by Jeremy....watch out boyz!!!!!

Harry, what do you think is wrong with your car? If I remember correctly you lost to a stock E63...right? Hopefully you find the culprit causing your car's problems and get her back where she needs to be.

Once again Sean, excellent numbers and I'm glad you've finally have some solid numbers. Maybe you and Harry should make a showing at Sacramento and represent the S class....come on Sean don't puss out j/k. I'm really hoping to get a nice mixture of cars out there - C, S, E, and maybe Jess will show up with his monstrous Renntech SLK.
hehe we S class guys aint rollin dat far, but just maybe I can get my SL up their

Harry's 600 still has low end power, he hung in their for a sec... His Engine & especially paint are fine He needs new IC pump & possible engine/tranny mounts. When mine failed it created the same symptoms (collapsed mounts make it impossible for car to squat/launch properly, the driveline has excessive twist under full throttle) His 600 will be running stout very soon!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
No *****.

I don't even want to imagine your car after a dyno-tuned ECU/TCU.
It would be an honor to run your beast sir...

I was telling the shop owner I could rally up a mess of you Forced Induction/63 wierdos for a dyno day? (3) pulls plus A/F $90 bux! Then we could go terrorize the local villagers, find some ale/ladies
Old 07-23-2009, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
hehe we S class guys aint rollin dat far, but just maybe I can get my SL up their

Harry's 600 still has low end power, he hung in their for a sec... His Engine & especially paint are fine He needs new IC pump & possible engine/tranny mounts. When mine failed it created the same symptoms (collapsed mounts make it impossible for car to squat/launch properly, the driveline has excessive twist under full throttle) His 600 will be running stout very soon!
My bad on the "S" . It shows what I know outside the W211 forum . That same mistake won't happen again .
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

W221
It would be an honor to run your beast sir...
My car isn't that fast...

AND PLUS...

It would be MY honor good sir...

In all honesty...I think you'll pull...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
My car isn't that fast...

AND PLUS...

It would be MY honor good sir...

In all honesty...I think you'll pull...
Well the only way to ease our curious minds would be to do a small Dyno-day (it's in Van Nuys) then run watcha brung

His card says "open most wknds & after hours"
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM

///M5 Beast
WOW! nice numbers man. And with that lunch room fan only cooling your front end, you made some awesome numbers. Also goes to show what good octane does compared to CA 91.
With better fans, cooler temps you would be WELL beyond 501WHP!!!
Great numbers man.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by bassn_07
As Sean has explained, it's the IC Pump and collapsed transmission mounts. He says I stuck with him for awhile, but don't buy his crap lol Ok... on the surface streets, light to light I was trailing a car, maybe two

On the freeway was where it got ugly. My 600 took forever to get moving. We had a few runs, I was hanging decent I suppose. There was one really bad run where I stuck for literally a second and then he slingshotted his *** ahead of me (I call BS btw, I know he had NOS ). My car had given up on that run.

Yes, I lost to a stock E63. The videos posted of my SL600 are somewhat skewed as my passenger always recorded the bad launches (late launches) and right off the bat my car had the disadvantage because I went with some.... err private, runs with Kady (Lady_AMG) before ever racing BenzoBoi or her E63. I remember when I ran Benzoboi there were a few times when I actually went door to door with his E55-- particularly the last launch if I remember correctly, and we stuck till we let off. Also, racing the E63-- we did an off the line launch prior to the roll start launch-- and I absolutely destroyed the E63 even in top end (w/top down). Of course, to my dismay none of these were recorded. Immediately after that, we did the rolling start were the heat soak killed me, as seen in the video.

BenzoBoi, yeah not my car-- but I can wish! PM me and let's get down this weekend for a rerun! I'll try to get in contact Lady_AMG so all three of us can line up. Let me know if you'd be down!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice numbers. Is it just me or are you running a bit lean?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Nice numbers. Is it just me or are you running a bit lean?
I think I could be (w/my mods & no ecu/tcu) but both shops said I was in perfectly safe range, from Superflow-Dynojet I averaged 12.5
Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Ricker, get your beast down to the OC--- some Mexico runs and then beers!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
I think I could be (w/my mods & no ecu/tcu) but both shops said I was in perfectly safe range, from Superflow-Dynojet I averaged 12.5
typically yes...but f/i tends to prefer a bit more fuel.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Akademiks

BenzoBoi, yeah not my car-- but I can wish! PM me and let's get down this weekend for a rerun! I'll try to get in contact Lady_AMG so all three of us can line up. Let me know if you'd be down!
Hey Harry,

Let me know when and if it's going to happen. I have a few things going on this weekend but if we roll at a time when I can get away fer a bit I'm always down!

BTW...One of the runs that you were door to door with me was cause I started in the wrong gear. I was trying to get down to the right gear to start but didn't have time. Oh well no excuses...Just bad timing on my part
Old 07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by chiromikey
typically yes...but f/i tends to prefer a bit more fuel.
Thank you for the feedback, I'll have it sorted shortly w/up coming Dyno tune
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hey Harry,

Let me know when and if it's going to happen. I have a few things going on this weekend but if we roll at a time when I can get away fer a bit I'm always down!

BTW...One of the runs that you were door to door with me was cause I started in the wrong gear. I was trying to get down to the right gear to start but didn't have time. Oh well no excuses...Just bad timing on my part
I hear ya on the gear stuf, I just left it in "D" & ESP ON, on all our runs yesterday. Droppin to 2nd for a roll-on is optimal...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL600 - DynoJet (Read, you speed freaks!)