Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Ahmad,

Were you only logging one thing? With the Auto Enginuity, the more things you log, the slower the sample rate. Plus, OBDII isn't the fastest protocol in the world.
I was logging rpm, IAT, and timing. I need to do some more logging to get a better picture of whats going on
Originally Posted by Tony@Eurocharged
Those that have had issues with that certain person I have personally done what I could to correct these issues and they are now very happy customers. I have also offered my services for free to make up for what they had paid for, in my eyes an uncompleted tune.
I can vouch for that. Tony is a stand up guy and took care of my retuning. I'm not sure where my timing is but I do have a wideband in my car and keep a close eye on it. I just got the logging software and am attempting to get some good timing logs. Both Jerry and Tony helped retune my car when I went to Chicago and Tony retuned with my new setup earlier this month. I would like to know exactly what my car is running timingwise which is why I bought the datalogger. Sample rate is killing me though. The guys at EC have been helpful in the past. I just wish we had better logging equipment (even tuning equipment) like every other brand car ever made lol.
Originally Posted by bassn_07
If you are seeing anywhere near 30 degree while at WOT you will soon share the same faith as the OP. My car doesn't even come close to seeing numbers like that .

As for logging, MB straight sucks going through the OBD and the sample rates are very slow when compared to other cars . I believe the best I've seen is 3 samples per second while logging 3 parameter, less than impressive. I basically log AFR's, Boost, Knock sensors 1 and 2, fuel pressure, EGT's, and TPS directly. Timing and IAT's are done through the OBD but that is in the process of being changed.

Here's a sample of a 1/4 mile run.
Thanks Alan, I can't really tell what your timing is at since there is no scale or maybe I'm blind The logging I did was pretty crappy. I can't really tell where I was WOT and the data collection rate was so slow I only got a few points on a 3rd gear pull. I will try to get some more runs in and log timing. At higher rpms the timing isn't very agressive at all like Tony said. My car hasn't blown up yet with EC tunes and it has been running pretty good at the track. I do change my oil/filter every 3k miles and check on things pretty often. I'm very paranoid when it comes to that stuff lol.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-15-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I guess when uneducated people get bad information from others that are just as uneducated you would feel that way. This proves that saying of the blind leading that blind.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Also if my tune blows up cars, I would have hundreds of blown up engines out there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

In many years of collaboration with not only enthusiasts, but professionals, I’ve realized that there is a diametric opposite understanding of vehicles. Misinformation, bad advice, blatantly wrong advice, how ever you want to term it. What this leads to is a disproportionately large base of people who are completely ill-equipped to care for their vehicles.

So exactly how many tunes has Eurocharged done for 55 motors ? Is hundreds figurative ?

While your informative... the condescending tone takes away from your actual message, nice try though.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Again your tune is fine and safe, you have ran on our tune for how long? Come on Ahmad you are a very knowledgable person please do some homework before you believe the crap, just cause they like some other companies tunes don't give them the right to just lie.

Lets do what has been said before remove timing and fuel and make much more power so you can pick up 7mph on the back half and run in the 9's
Thanks for posting that Tony I just wanted to know how much timing I was running, wasn't trying to bad mouth you or anyone at EC. You have to keep in mind my car was NA stock though. Now its around 10PSI of boost. Maybe I will hit a test and tune this weekend

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-15-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
^^^^^ Couple posts above....

Normal for the bottom end to be that sludgy running synthetic? How many miles on that car? Not that it looks that bad, we've all seen much worse, but I'd figure it to be a bit cleaner.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
How exactly is that a threat Nick..?? You must scare really easy...
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s

Normal for the bottom end to be that sludgy running synthetic? How many miles on that car? Not that it looks that bad, we've all seen much worse, but I'd figure it to be a bit cleaner.
I think that is the result of the coolant getting in to the crankcase, makes the oil look like a chocolate milk shake.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro

Loco there are so many parameters to look at in your situation, when the last time you had your plugs changed? How many miles did you have on the oil during that time? What was each cylinders CR? I’m sorry if you did have all this work done on your car and your mechanic and tuner then did not provide this info to you before your car went under the knife. When I have cars in my shop these measures are done making sure things are solid before hand. You did mention you had all this work done by TTM and never had the car on the dyno how do you know the tune you had in the car wasn’t the cause of this issue and giving the car the power it should have had didn’t just make that issue worse? I happen to see the competitor’s tune and I showed you and the other guy the tune, there was absolutely no timing nor was fueling changes in that tune, only torque management and a few things in the background done. But since I was the last one to tune it I am being blamed for it. I know you are doing your homework which I do appreciate very much but I don’t really think the true answer will come from it and if it does I can’t wait to see the results. Good luck with everything and I hope you find the answer you’re looking for.
Tony So now not only there are different probable causes, but there is also lack of maintenance on my part like oil changes, spark plugs, what else antifreeze..Did my car look to you like it lacked any kind of maintenance?..wasn't my car one of the strongest if not the strongest of the whole weekend for what i care except for that V12 twin turbo!!
So now my car is a hooptie?

Seriously Tony i thought you and your company were going to show a little more class on this..

And yes me and Bruce data logged the car two weeks before your tune..right after the TB install.

Not going to start this back and forth BS
This thread is for anyone who may
be considering using your company for modification. It is not
my intention to have a debate here because the raw facts in
the matter are crystal clear. I will start where Tony left off. In
regard to any surgery the patient is almost always given a list
of pre-surgical preparation. I say almost always because this
patient was not given any instruction, or warning as to what
may, or may not be it's outcome other than positive. Next a
real surgeon would not proceed in the absence of this presurgical
data. As you have all read for yourselves directly
from the surgeons mouth that he did not have this data.

The next raw fact is that the car was performing flawlessly
prior to the surgery. It was my intent to squeeze a few extra
horse power, that's all nothing more nothing less. Well the
surgery turned out to be a failure, and I am blaming the
surgeon. I believe that the surgeon was more interested in
collecting his fee on the spot rather than taking the time to
do_the necessary pre-surgical research prior to surgery.
This reminds me of an old song titled" Take the Money and
Run" . You know it's not a big deal for this surgeon to just
give my claim to his insurance company and let them handle
it. Any reimbursement determined is not going to be coming
out of his pocket. It is his responsibility to act in this fashion if
he is in fact a reputable business business man, that is if he
has insurance to begin with and is not just a traveling gypsy.
Lets face it , there is not one human alive thats perfect, thats
why we have insurance companies. Personally I can only
hope that your company has a change of heart and begins to act like
a professional.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks Alan, I can't really tell what your timing is at since there is no scale or maybe I'm blind The logging I did was pretty crappy. I can't really tell where I was WOT and the data collection rate was so slow I only got a few points on a 3rd gear pull. I will try to get some more runs in and log timing. At higher rpms the timing isn't very agressive at all like Tony said. My car hasn't blown up yet with EC tunes and it has been running pretty good at the track. I do change my oil/filter every 3k miles and check on things pretty often. I'm very paranoid when it comes to that stuff lol.
There's no scale and it could only be viewed with software.

After looking at your logs your timing seems only slightly higher than what I'm seeing but I'm running 91 compared to your 93. I also don't have any logs in 3rd gear below 4k and that's were you're seen the higher numbers. I'm sure Tony could better explain what his timing tables mean when compared to your logs.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
This thread is getting weird! There are normal conversations going on between people and there are screaming matches!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 PM

P-Carro

Yes sir that is normal!! when there is a hole in the block that is... I mean you guys keep asking the miles on the car, so that means all of you out there with 30-40 thousand miles will blow up by the time you reach 60-70k ???

Car had almost 70k
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 PM

e55 amg
wow this is crazy i cant believe this happened i hope everything works out luis!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 PM

e55 amg
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Yes sir that is normal!! when there is a hole in the block that is... I mean you guys keep asking the miles on the car, so that means all of you out there with 30-40 thousand miles will blow up by the time you reach 60-70k ???

Car had almost 70k

i mean that depends, i think a car is a car, it has mechanical parts as long as you keep is running and maintain it you should be fine, part will go out it is a machine but ive seen cars with 300k miles still running strong
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by emoving
This thread is getting weird! There are normal conversations going on between people and there are screaming matches!

I know this is weird !!! how about adding some "hooptie" sound to it!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/eliseome.../0/yABk4cRtaFc
Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 AM

P-Carro
VIDEO ANYBODY!!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know this is weird !!! how about adding some "hooptie" sound to it!!

Man that sounds NASTY! What was done to the exhaust?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see a lot of white smoke prior to the pull,,,,,looks like she having a coolant problem from the get go! JK MAN!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
I appreciate Tony's response. I, personally, did not take it as condensending or threatening. Something happened to Loco's engine. Loco 55 is frustrated, angry and wanted to warn others of what he felt might be the cause (and I appreciate that). As a fellow 55 owner, I feel from him. Tony, seeing this thread, gave his side of the story. He put himself out there to a potential hostile crowd and more potential attacks. That is saying something.

However, there has got to be a way to find out what happened and the cause. We have pictures of the engine. And, there is the ECU or black box? Maybe the last few minutes of the engine before, during and right after it blew up are recorded on the ECU? If so, then maybe there is a way to see the parameters of the car, the sensors and etc. Take that info and the pics of the car and maybe the cause can be determined? Is that possible?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:03 AM

P-Carro

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Car had almost 70k
Chiromikey's car has about 130k on his car with 100k of them modded. IMO blowing a hole through a cylinder wall is totally irrelevant to how many miles are on the car.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 AM

P-Carro
Man that sounds NASTY! What was done to the exhaust?
I see a lot of white smoke prior to the pull,,,,,looks like she having a coolant problem from the get go! JK MAN!
I cant understand why some people hate you man, you speak your mind all the time, yeah that is white smoke and can you see what is in the driver side tailpipe?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

People hate me because they don't know when I am joking bro! It was a friggin joke! Just trying to add a little comedy to a scary thread!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I dont want to add any fuel or lack of fuel but your base tune on my car was so lean that if I didnt know about cars that I would be the one posting this thread.

I can post up the dyno if people want to see it.maybe his car was lean maybe his car was tuned right,but if I didnt put my car on the dyno,I would of 100% melted my engine if I drove it the way you guys had it with your base tune.

14.08 409ftlb
14.03 437ftlb
13.99 472ftlb
13.79 533ftlb

ect.the dyno guy was afraid to do another pull on my car and said i will blow the thing up with that a/f

Last edited by skratch77; 03-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 AM

P-Carro
People hate me because they don't know when I am joking bro! It was a friggin joke! Just trying to add a little comedy to a scary thread!

I know you were
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Tony, I have no idea what you're talking about...not telling the whole story??? I have a 3 page post that tells all . Wayne even posted up in that thread and told his side but now you say "you haven't really told the whole story on your part". Please feel free to elaborate and tell me what I haven't openly posted. I have no intention of getting into a debate over this because I already posted my opinions on this matter.

Like I always said, you guys gave me great customer service but I wasn't personally satisfied with your tune, that's all. I'm just sharing my own personal experience from LET.

I just reread you post and yes I did want Wayne to personally tune my car do the success stories I heard but in the end both you and Jerry tuned my car...right? Over compensated??? Do you think it's a possibility that you over compensated once again with Loco's tune? I understand mistakes happens and if it did owning up and taking responsibility would be a great step in the right direction.
Its fine that your posting your opinions and your experiance but in this thread you did not mention the situation, leaving out critical info here is key. You may have posted about what happened and thats old news but how many people reading this thread has seen that thread? They are reading that we had to much timing to much fuel bla bla bla, just put out factual data on your comments. Also like I said before almost everyone came back and now are saticfied customers.

Well again as I tell all my customers I will be starting out with a base tune which is on everyone elses car with those specific mods and really go from there, If I was radical on his tune I would admit that and I would have done so before this even got to this point but I know thats not the case. Oh and again your wrong Jerry only made sure the fuel was good on your car nothing else, and your right no need to debate I am just stating facts.

Originally Posted by Esh
Gotta give props to Tony for gettithinks side and name out in the open. If everything takes place backstage there is no need to mention it here without a name. That's how we get 6 pages of speculation.

There are always risks in modding, especially when modifying high performance AMG's. It sucks, but good luck to all parties involved.
Thank you very much it does suck and I feel bad for this customer but these things happen.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Tony - thank you for posting, it's good to get the vendor's side of things too. People can't really form a full opinion on the matter otherwise, my $0.02.

Serious question: with modern full-synthetic oils and iridium plugs, what is the recommended change interval on a modded engine? Your post seems to suggest that 8k oil changes and 25k plug changes is negligent... I wouldn't have thought that prior to reading your post. So, what're acceptable intervals? TIA.
Heavily modded cars and ran hard I would change every 3k and plugs I will change when doing the oil change or every other oil change.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 AM

e55 amg
I cant understand why some people hate you man, you speak your mind all the time, yeah that is white smoke and can you see what is in the driver side tailpipe?
people hate emoving? he a freaking great guy! helped me from the start! before i had my 55 when i was still with the bimmer crowd, great guy! Luis please keep me updated on this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MY ENGINE WENT KA BOOOOOOMMM !!!