W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by adianaty
17psi is a 200-205mm crank pulley on our cars boys so keep that in perspective guys.

Weistec, are you at a point where you are using a map clamp or is the ecu still managing ok at these boost levels? Previously anything over 16.5psi was a known cliff in the ecu.
.......this is exactly my point. The 574whp is being made at 17psi, which is similar to a 200mm pulley. Those that plan to generate more power from the Weistec s/c by running larger crank pulley should keep this in mind. The point is that the weistec s/c is already a high boost set up. If the Weistec s/c was making all this power at low boost, it would be a different matter.

Ted
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
The Weistec SC is still efficient at much higher boost levels. Im sure 20+ isn't beyond the SC efficiency zone. The stock SC beyond 15lb is one big heat pump.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Aside from tuning issues, the amount of boost doesn't really matter. What matters is how much heat is generated to reach that boost level. Unless they go out and design more efficient heads we'll have to keep raising the boost level to achieve more power.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PACougar
No doubt, I was just messing around. I didn't think you were actually confused about how it works.
Oh...

Originally Posted by kustom2k1
The Weistec SC is still efficient at much higher boost levels. Im sure 20+ isn't beyond the SC efficiency zone. The stock SC beyond 15lb is one big heat pump.
Yes, exactly. That's the point of getting this in the first place. 20+psi is where it's at.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.......this is exactly my point. The 574whp is being made at 17psi, which is similar to a 200mm pulley. Those that plan to generate more power from the Weistec s/c by running larger crank pulley should keep this in mind. The point is that the weistec s/c is already a high boost set up. If the Weistec s/c was making all this power at low boost, it would be a different matter.

Ted
Absolutely. Also if we can't get the ECU to go beyond this, the stock blower is enough. We have already seen cars make 530 on a dynojet with a 180mm. These same cars can likely get close if they had a 200mm on them. Not saying the weistec blower isn't better but I wouldn't want to be the tuning guinea pig when you are pumping 20+ psi.

Last edited by adianaty; 12-09-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55

Ted
Well.... it's making that boost at a higher efficiency so the discharge air is cooler than a stock supercharger. That cooler discharge air is higher density and that folks is what makes power.

I'm also betting that the Weistec also runs less parasitic drag at high boost /high RPM freeing up horsepower that way.

Also don't forget that it's also taking 50lbs off of the front of the car
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Aside from tuning issues, the amount of boost doesn't really matter. What matters is how much heat is generated to reach that boost level. Unless they go out and design more efficient heads we'll have to keep raising the boost level to achieve more power.
Also true, but at higher boost levels it'll make cooler boost than the oem one at lower boost levels. Plus, a monkey can make a better intercooler than the oem one so I'm assuming it's better.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
Well.... it's making that boost at a higher efficiency so the discharge air is cooler than a stock supercharger. That cooler discharge air is higher density and that folks is what makes power.

I'm also betting that the Weistec also runs less parasitic drag at high boost /high RPM freeing up horsepower that way.

True true true.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GT-ER
Also true, but at higher boost levels it'll make cooler boost than the oem one at lower boost levels. Plus, a monkey can make a better intercooler than the oem one so I'm assuming it's better.
Haha, let's hope my monkey buddy and I are successful building our new intercooler
Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Haha, let's hope my monkey buddy and I are successful building our new intercooler
LOL...Sounds good.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by AMGPilot

........actually, there really isn't that much evidence that the Weistec is a more efficient supercharger than the oem s/c. The Weistec is making its power at much higher boost. At the same boost levels, both s/c's are making similar ammount of power. Now I'm sure the weistec might be more consistent, but that remains to be seen

Ted
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
........actually, there really isn't that much evidence that the Weistec is a more efficient supercharger than the oem s/c. The Weistec is making its power at much higher boost. At the same boost levels, both s/c's are making similar ammount of power. Now I'm sure the weistec might be more consistent, but that remains to be seen

Ted
no proof other than the Weistec is a 3.0L airpump and the stock unit is 1.8L

what does that mean? the larger unit can make the pressure ratio easier and do it while maintaining it's pumping efficiency. Translated that means more density and lower outlet temps mean more efficiency
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ted
Ted, you can only make more power at a higher boost level. Boost is a measurement of restriction in the engine, without changing the heads/cams or modifying them you'll always need more boost to achieve more horsepower in a given engine assuming the outlet temperature after the intercooler is the same. You won't see these really shine until they get into the 20+psi range, the point being you can't do that with a stock SC.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Ted, you can only make more power at a higher boost level. Boost is a measurement of restriction in the engine, without changing the heads/cams or modifying them you'll always need more boost to achieve more horsepower in a given engine assuming the outlet temperature after the intercooler is the same. You won't see these really shine until they get into the 20+psi range, the point being you can't do that with a stock SC.
Why not? SLR run +20psi right? They use the same sc as our except for the gear ratio in the sc snout.

Kudos to Weistec for pioneer this sc set up. Out of this whole thread the most exciting to me is the elimination of the sc clutch.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl55 amg
here might be a stupid (if i overlooked something) but viable tuning question, but, how the hell is this engine reading airflow? i saw no maf and no map on my teardown. is it only reading tps, vs. rpm on a basic map, then fine adjust via iat and o2's?
i know clamping the maf or map is a solution on cars that have them, then a piggyback with higher reading map to carry the fuel maps to the higher boost levels. in this thread i hear guys are hitting a wall at 17 psi with tuning, but, with no maf or map, the tables should be based mearly on tps and rpm and no real reference to boost.

help me out on this one for those in the know.

Last edited by overZealous1; 12-09-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Why not? SLR run +20psi right? They use the same sc as our except for the gear ratio in the sc snout.

Kudos to Weistec for pioneer this sc set up. Out of this whole thread the most exciting to me is the elimination of the sc clutch.
That's why I said "assuming the outlet temperature after the intercooler is the same.". The SLR has a much much better intercooler then our cars. Are you certain the SLR's are making 20psi, I had never heard that before?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by overZealous1
here might be a stupid (if i overlooked something) but viable tuning question, but, how the hell is this engine reading airflow? i saw no maf and no map on my teardown. is it only reading tps, vs. rpm on a basic map, then fine adjust via iat and o2's?
i know clamping the maf or map is a solution on cars that have them, then a piggyback with higher reading map to carry the fuel maps to the higher boost levels. in this thread i hear guys are hitting a wall at 17 psi with tuning, but, with no maf or map, the tables should be based mearly on tps and rpm and no real reference to boost.

help me out on this one for those in the know.
Our cars have map sensors, it sits right after the outlet of the intercooler.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9

they also have EXCELLENT intercoolers compared to ours...... That's why they can make serious boost
Old 12-09-2012, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Our cars have map sensors, it sits right after the outlet of the intercooler.
not sure how the heck i missed it.

if that is the case, would the slr map sensor be set to read higher? certainly it would be easy to adapt. ecu should not know difference, just scaling would go higher and a little less resolution to the maps.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
after some research it appears the slr one is the same. i did how ever find an audi 3 bar sensor that should be good to about 25psi i suppose. there is even a chance it could bolt in place of our stock sensor. looks like it has iat temp integrated into it also. pretty easy to rewire once pinouts were known.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAP-PRESSURE...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
Originally Posted by overZealous1
after some research it appears the slr one is the same. i did how ever find an audi 3 bar sensor that should be good to about 25psi i suppose. there is even a chance it could bolt in place of our stock sensor. looks like it has iat temp integrated into it also. pretty easy to rewire once pinouts were known.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAP-PRESSURE...sories&vxp=mtr
Tuning for a new sensor is not going to be easy unless there is a scalar for it like the injectors. The maps in our ECU's are extremely complicated and convoluted because there is so much going on in regards to torque limiters and adaptations.

As stated earlier, this setup clearly has the potential to make power. Lets just hope the ecu has the flexibility to handle it.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
i didn't really mean easy in scaling the maps or having to reinsert values based on the new resolution, i should have said "possible". lol
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
The Weistec is making its power at much higher boost. At the same boost levels, both s/c's are making similar ammount of power. Now I'm sure the weistec might be more consistent, but that remains to be seen

Ted
The consistency, I would like to know/see IATs for a full dyno run and then also what kind of power difference there is from a 1st run to a 3rd or 4th run on the dyno to see if heat soak is considerably less or not much better.

I know they have made similar power at similar boost but I am not sure if the stock supercharger runs were made on pump gas or race gas. I know some people have made 580whp range with a 190mm pulley.

Last edited by urbamworm; 12-10-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Our stock MAP sensor is the same sensor used in the V12 Bi turbo cars making well over 20lbs of boost with no problem so I don't think the MAP sensor will be a hurdle. Everyone needs to remember that in most cases people with higher HP numbers with bigger pulley's are making those numbers on a dyno jet and only for 1-2 pulls with the car cool. Maybe the weistec kit can make the same power level pull after pull. I'm sure if you throw some timing at it and race gas that 575hp would turn into 675hp being that they tune on 91 octane. Ported heads and cams would be worth another 50-100hp easily with a much more efficient blower. With ported heads and cams to compliment those boost pressure will fall and HP will go up so increasing boost to get back to the same level will give you even bigger gains. The weistec isn't for everyone but it will no doubt put the stock blower to shame for those looking to make big power.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This blower has been proven to make power on other platforms (800+whp on 63, and if you want to get into domestics theres tons of info). I understand some peoples skepticism but I can't wait to get my hands on one! Hope one is waiting for me when I come home lol. My only concern for max power would be stock motor and what it can handle. I'm ready to go nines when the track opens back up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Quick Reply: Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!