Know your rights people

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Know your rights people

I keep my go pro in the car for this reason.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63
Its s DUI check point which is why he asked for him to roll his window down.. he refused which gave him reason to believe he may have been drinking.. which is why he was passed on to secondary checks. Cool, he gave an officer trying to do his job a hard time for no reason. Cool beans to him.

lol, love how he thinks he knows what he's talking about. How long has he been a K9 handler? oh wait he's not... clearly he must of taken it upon himself to take the K9 handlers certification... how else would he know the ins and outs of how to conduct a exterior vehicle search with a dog..

Last edited by FromM3toAMG; 01-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Originally Posted by FromM3toAMG
Its s DUI check point which is why he asked for him to roll his window down.. he refused which gave him reason to believe he may have been drinking.. which is why he was passed on to secondary checks. Cool, he gave an officer trying to do his job a hard time for no reason. Cool beans to him.
I disagree with you COMPLETELY. But just like myself you have the right to your own opinion.

I dont agree with these check points, they are illegal as far as I am concerned.

I also disagree with those random check points asking for DNA for money! WTF is going on with our country!
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Nor...232438621.html

So just because those officers or whoever is "DOING THEIR JOB" It does not make it right.

My .2 cents
Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
DUI checkpoints are good to get those who are under the influence of drugs/alcohol. I'd rather have someone who is buzzed from booze/drugs not driving and off the roads!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63
Originally Posted by p30amg08
I disagree with you COMPLETELY. But just like myself you have the right to your own opinion. I dont agree with these check points, they are illegal as far as I am concerned. I also disagree with those random check points asking for DNA for money! WTF is going on with our country! http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Nor...232438621.html So just because those officers or whoever is "DOING THEIR JOB" It does not make it right. My .2 cents
That fine, disagree all you want. It's people like this that cry when someone is killed in an alcohol related accident... Then jump on their soapbox asking why police aren't doing more to prevent it. the same people that *****, cry and moan about everything but won't allow people to do what is needed to prevent tragedies for happening. It's all about peoples conveniences.. Police, police! do something, but make sure whatever it is you do doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. God forbid people have some understanding and look at the big picture instead of only worrying about themselves.

For some reason people think there is some kind of imaginary line that separates law abiding citizens and criminals.... Everyone starts out as a law abiding citizen.

People need to open their eyes and understand that the world is changing and that there is no like between good and bad... Crazy and sane... All there is is a breaking point. Which for some reason people seem to be hitting quite frequently nowadays. Welcome to reality.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
a DUI checkpoint may have saved my dad's best friend from getting in his car and killing himself and another lady in the process...

I agree they're a PITA if you're not drinking, but they can be a lifesaver... literally.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
It's rather quite annoying to see people argue and fight with the officers about thier "rights". If you are not doing anything wrong, just comply and you will be on your way in 1 minute, else you are there for much, much longer. And you **** off everyone behind you too.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
This looks like a good place for a shoot out.

Um, Do we have a lawyer in the house, cause it is my understanding that in Florida you do not have any right to "innocent passage" in/on a motor vehicle. LEO's do not need "probable cause" to pull you over or stop you at a check point. falls in to driving is a privilege and not a right.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
who really won that?

yes, I understand that the constitutionality of certain police officer's actions are questionable at times, but really, if you weren't drinking, just roll down the window and answer some questions.

Now he ends up with a scratched and ransacked car and a lovely momento video.

Taking a stand is fine, but do it when it means something.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by FromM3toAMG

lol, love how he thinks he knows what he's talking about. How long has he been a K9 handler? oh wait he's not... clearly he must of taken it upon himself to take the K9 handlers certification... how else would he know the ins and outs of how to conduct a exterior vehicle search with a dog..
I totally see where you're coming from. And yes, it does appear that the individual could've been more cooperative with the police by rolling down his window.

However, regarding the dog situation, dogs can give false positives just as the video describes, so I wouldn't discredit the video because of his lack of K9 certification. It's well known among policemen and lawyers that a K9 handler can incite the dog to create a false positive.

Lastly, laws and protocol vary from state to state in the USA and even year to year. What may have been legal and reasonable in the state where the video took place, may not be the same in a different state at a different year. For instance, according to my understanding, it's not legal to videotape policemen at work with audio in some states.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
'72 Fleedwoot
In the old days the cops would have beaten the daylights out of him. Not a bad idea... I like the DUI checkpoints. They are a huge deterrent.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Rbj, you won't win this argument with the masses...they're already conditioned to give up incremental rights (and yes, according to the Supreme Court, driving is considered a right along with the right to drive upon a public road without police interference) in the false name of safety. Most are too simple minded to see the big picture, just as Ben Franklin so simply stated.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
it means something now. by all means, most people should just comply because most people don't know what their rights are. but don't hate on this cat because he didn't allow an illegal search.

don't forget that cops are working for the people and their best interests. yelling at and hassling the people are not what you really want in a police force. if the idea of the stop is to determine if people are driving drunk, i think the cop could pretty well determine that this kid wasn't drunk. a proper drunk isn't going to bust a cops ***** about rights and procedures. further, if the cop COULDN'T tell this kid was just busting *****, then that's not a cop i want driving around with a gun. it took all of 2 seconds to derail this miserable cop. 2 seconds and the guy is completely off the rails trying to show some kid who the boss is. actual drunks probably made it through the checkpoint while these clowns went 3 rounds with a kid who can read? no very impressive.

cops need to behave like a hockey ref. they should know that sometimes people are going to ***** and moan and carry on about their rights. maybe even call the cop a dick-head or some flipping thing. the cop has to take it in stride and move people on their way. there is no law in the books against being an *******. the only one's breaking the law in this video are the cops. though after looking through some of the responses here, nobody seems to care about that.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:10 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Bottom line that punk *** kid was being an *** and I would have loved to punch him in his punk mouth. At least in the State of Texas, you are required to follow directions of a peace officer.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
cops are people just trying to do a job - and protect those who can't protect themselves, or protect others from them...

think of what you'd do if that was your job, would you want to be the cop that let a drunk guy go - only to know he killed a 10-year old outside celebrating new years with his family?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:14 PM

2005 E55 AMG
And also, just because that video had "captions" doesn't mean squat. For instance, a caption claimed the "dog scratched up his car" yet, the video doesn't show any of that.

Here is some interesting reading on his "captions": http://voices.yahoo.com/analyzing-du...-12224883.html

Last edited by TheOtherDodge; 01-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
maybe a video of the cop on the outside with captions would even things out
Old 01-08-2014, 05:32 PM

2005 E55 AMG
This video along with a few others reminds me of the video of the guys walking around with AK47s (legal ones) and wanting to film how a police officer handles it. Turns out the officer was bad-***! All that video did was take a police officer off the street to deal with those *******s when he could be doing other things.

And soon, you will see more laws about this (open carry with assult rifles) because even though they were within thier rights, they were causing panic (people calling in) because this just happend days after one of the big school shootings. Just as you have a right to say what you want, except you can't yell "fire" in a crowded room.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM

2005 E55 AMG
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ned-the-video/

He did it just for the fun of it...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ned-the-video/

He did it just for the fun of it...
He did it to show that law enforcement many times don't even understand the rights they're supposed to protect! I see it quite differently than your opinion of "for the fun of it".
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Most criminals and convicts do not like cops or checkpoints which is why RBJ posted this crap. He has already admitted that in other threads. Its really no secret at this point. The last post with the article with the other side is priceless.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
He did it to show that law enforcement many times don't even understand the rights they're supposed to protect! I see it quite differently than your opinion of "for the fun of it".
Except that the officer was 100% correct in everything he did and the punk was wrong in everything he did. A DUI checkpoint in Tennesse is 100% legal.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Toadster
cops are people just trying to do a job - and protect those who can't protect themselves, or protect others from them...

think of what you'd do if that was your job, would you want to be the cop that let a drunk guy go - only to know he killed a 10-year old outside celebrating new years with his family?
It's not a cops job to protect me (another Supreme Court finding), that's my job and I'll accept that responsibility. It's too bad that most Americans don't...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
It's not a cops job to protect me (another Supreme Court finding), that's my job and I'll accept that responsibility. It's too bad that most Americans don't...
Cool...guess we don't need highway patrol, officers at events, doctors, lawyers, fireman.. After all, it's your job to protect yourself, get your fire out at your house, get yourself out of jail, cure yourself of what ails you...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
Except that the officer was 100% correct in everything he did and the punk was wrong in everything he did. A DUI checkpoint in Tennesse is 100% legal.
Lol...and those that claim percentages are wrong 95% of the time.

Although many things in America are now practiced, that does not make them constitutionally legal, check points being one of them! I do not need a driver's license to legally drive on a public roadway but I'm quite sure most law enforcement don't know this!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Know your rights people