Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Best way to hardwire a V1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Best way to hardwire a V1

I just hardwired my M3 and I want to do the same with the SL55. Does anyone know the best place to tie in and get it done? Thanks.........
Old 01-21-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
There is an identical topic twenty-one positions down on this forum list.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by wingless
There is an identical topic twenty-one positions down on this forum list.

That's not what I am looking for. I just did my M3 and I found a complete install instruction set. Take a look....http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_valentine_v1.shtml

I didn't need to know how you put a passport in an SUV. I was looking for someone who has hardwired a V1 in an SL55
Old 01-22-2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
That's not what I am looking for.

I didn't need to know how you put a passport in an SUV. I was looking for someone who has hardwired a V1 in an SL55
My examination of the other post reveals that the request was for instructions on installing a V1 on an SL 500. How is that different than installing a V1 on an SL55?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 AM

One benefit you might have received by continuing the topic, instead of creating an identical new topic is that jlr might have provided the requested images of his professional installation if more than one forum member expressed interest.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wingless
One benefit you might have received by continuing the topic, instead of creating an identical new topic is that jlr might have provided the requested images of his professional installation if more than one forum member expressed interest.
God....this is too simple. The link you point to has nothing to do with the hard wiring.........it's about mounting it on the windshield. dah.

Look, don't waste my time or yours. If you can't answer the question, just get back to some other form of non productive behaviour...........and leave this alone.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350
There should be power in the OCP off the dome light. You can mount the V1 near there.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:16 PM

God....this is too simple. The link you point to has nothing to do with the hard wiring.........it's about mounting it on the windshield. dah.
Originally Posted by jlr
I am having a Valentine One hard wired on a '05 SL 500.
One of us is missing something and it is very clear who falls into that category. There is every indication that the prior topic I identified and yours are identical.

Look, don't waste my time or yours. If you can't answer the question, just get back to some other form of non productive behaviour...........and leave this alone.
One has to admire the disregard to the obvious conclusion of having more money than brains. The vehicle list shouts money. The errors speak for themselves. (In my case my vehicles are just an indicator of financial status, but when combined with my accurate information it is not possible to arrive at a bad money to brains ratio.)

It may continue to be that you want to disregard V1 installations on the SL 500 because you’re only interested in the SL55. Does that disregard also extend to: the SL65; the SL 600 and the CL models? Are there specific interior and exterior colors that you want to disregard? But, I would instead classify all that information as relevant and of interest.

As was previously mentioned, by creating an identical new topic you and the forum lose the synergy from building on a prior thread. As was mentioned, jlr had a professional installation in his non-SL55 SL 500 vehicle. As was mentioned, I had already requested images of that installation. Creating multiple identical topics also decreases the effectiveness of the search feature, that little drop-down thingy on the top right of the page.

So, by all means, keep creating topic after topic, in multiple forums, while ignoring information already posted.