C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2004 C240 4Matic acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C240 4Matic
2004 C240 4Matic acceleration

I am coming up to my first week as a Benz owner and love it.

I do have one question, since I am a first time Benz driver, I want to know if this is normal. When I first start off accelerating the car starts to accelerate and if I take my foot off the pedal before I hit 10-15mph the car does a quick deceleration while in 1st gear. It just seems a little odd to me. Its been a while since I have driven a car with a 6cyl engine. I wanted to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary with the engine/transmission. It feels like I am driving a manual transmission and I have the transmission in 1st gear and forget to put it in second gear.

Hope what I descrebed makes sense...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
Think I solved my problem. I reset the ECU and now the car's acceleration is very smooth, when I take my foot off the gas, it does not slow down and it coasts like it should, and the acceleration is also better.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
These cars do run against compression which is unusual to some because the TC is partially locked up at anything other than stationary. It feels very like a manual. Improves fuel efficiency. The car does not freewheel like old auto's did.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Ok dude where in McLean are you we must meet. btw what color is your car?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by samaritrey
Ok dude where in McLean are you we must meet. btw what color is your car?
I love off Old Meadow, what part of McLean do you live?

Here is a pic of my car...
Attached Thumbnails 2004 C240 4Matic acceleration-c240a.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by jtalbert
I love off Old Meadow, what part of McLean do you live?

Here is a pic of my car...
I am on magarity in the town homes called Mclean Place. Between kennedy dr and holly ridge dr. Very close to your house. Good to see someone else on here so close to home.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
These cars do run against compression which is unusual to some because the TC is partially locked up at anything other than stationary. It feels very like a manual. Improves fuel efficiency. The car does not freewheel like old auto's did.
Glyn, Sorry for the delay in thanking you, but thank you for the information. Since I have reset the EPC its learning my driving habits nicely and am getting use to the transmission and motor. Thanks again and also congrats on recently becoming a super moderator!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
I am on magarity in the town homes called Mclean Place. Between kennedy dr and holly ridge dr. Very close to your house. Good to see someone else on here so close to home.
Well, hello neighbor. I live right behind you in Dolley Madison Apts... We looked at the townhouses when they were being first built, very nice townhouses.

I have not modded my car yet, not sure what I am going to be doing, probably not a lot in the short term. The first thing I am going to do is replace my two front pull handles. I ordered them from the Tysons Dealership, great price on them, $21 each. The passenger side one is broken. The driver side handle, the coating is coming off. I am a little nervous about pulling off the front panel, but from instructions I have found online and examining the door handle, it looks pretty straight forward and easy.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Well, hello neighbor. I live right behind you in Dolley Madison Apts... We looked at the townhouses when they were being first built, very nice townhouses.

I have not modded my car yet, not sure what I am going to be doing, probably not a lot in the short term. The first thing I am going to do is replace my two front pull handles. I ordered them from the Tysons Dealership, great price on them, $21 each. The passenger side one is broken. The driver side handle, the coating is coming off. I am a little nervous about pulling off the front panel, but from instructions I have found online and examining the door handle, it looks pretty straight forward and easy.
Yeah they are nice but have bad neighbors outside the walls
Lol JK

$21 each not bad I replaced mine two or 3 years ago I paid like $35 for the drivers one. If you need any help let me know I have a crazy work schedule but could figure something out.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
$21 each not bad I replaced mine two or 3 years ago I paid like $35 for the drivers one. If you need any help let me know I have a crazy work schedule but could figure something out.
Got a call to pick them up, and got there, they orderer and quoted me the wrong thing. So I told them what I really wanted and they quoted me a price of $60. I said thanks but no thanks, told them I saw it for about $42 with shipping at some place and will buy it from there and he agree'ed to match the price. WOW, I was surprised. I only picked up the passenger one, since thats the only one that is broken, and they had it in stock.

I think I will be fine with installing it. I am not a mechanic, but I am pretty good and taking things apart and fixing things.

Speaking of mechanics, where do you take your car for scheduled maintenance and other items that need fixed/replaced? I heard about a place in Vienna called Silver Star Motors that I am thinking about taking my car to for work. I know I will need schedule A done in about 2500 miles. Unfortunately I cannot do oil changes or other work where I live..
Old 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Got a call to pick them up, and got there, they orderer and quoted me the wrong thing. So I told them what I really wanted and they quoted me a price of $60. I said thanks but no thanks, told them I saw it for about $42 with shipping at some place and will buy it from there and he agree'ed to match the price. WOW, I was surprised. I only picked up the passenger one, since thats the only one that is broken, and they had it in stock.

I think I will be fine with installing it. I am not a mechanic, but I am pretty good and taking things apart and fixing things.

Speaking of mechanics, where do you take your car for scheduled maintenance and other items that need fixed/replaced? I heard about a place in Vienna called Silver Star Motors that I am thinking about taking my car to for work. I know I will need schedule A done in about 2500 miles. Unfortunately I cannot do oil changes or other work where I live..
I do oil changes myself or pay the dealer the $100 to do it depending on my mood. As for silver star i took my car there and they seemed great the estimate they gave me was the cheapest around but i decided to live with the issue. I have also heard very good things about them from others in Vienna and McLean.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
I do oil changes myself or pay the dealer the $100 to do it depending on my mood. As for silver star i took my car there and they seemed great the estimate they gave me was the cheapest around but i decided to live with the issue. I have also heard very good things about them from others in Vienna and McLean.
I have heard good things about Silver Star as well. Thats where I will probably take it for any repairs.

I printed out the directions for replacing the door pull grip, went outside with my two torx drivers, and in 30 minutes I had it replaced, it was much easier to remove the door panel than I thought it would be. The trickest part was screwing the new grip in place since I did not disconnect any wires. If I could have done that, would have cut 10-15 minutes off my time.

Wasnt much, but I got my first mini repair done myself. Now if I had a house with a garage my wife would never see me... lol
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
I have heard good things about Silver Star as well. Thats where I will probably take it for any repairs.

I printed out the directions for replacing the door pull grip, went outside with my two torx drivers, and in 30 minutes I had it replaced, it was much easier to remove the door panel than I thought it would be. The trickest part was screwing the new grip in place since I did not disconnect any wires. If I could have done that, would have cut 10-15 minutes off my time.

Wasnt much, but I got my first mini repair done myself. Now if I had a house with a garage my wife would never see me... lol
Well after the holiday weekend we will have to meet up sometime.