C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Another DEPO question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Another DEPO question

I know there is a huge thread on DEPO headlights, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

I ordered a set on eBay yesterday and today I got an email saying that they won't fit my car and got a full refund back.

They are "01-06 Mercedes C-Class W203 Projector Headlights DEPO"

These are for a 01 C240 with frosty halogen headlights.

Edit*
I was going to post the link to the set of DEPOs but seems like the seller took off the ad completely.. so I guess they just didn't have any in stock and just gave me BS response.

Last edited by patrickkc; 03-06-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Unless you ordered the coupe headlights, they should fit.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM

I think the company just didn't have any in stock, and gave me some bs answer? I tried to find their ad again for the set of DEPOs and they have taken it off already.

One more question, there seems to be 2 types of DEPOs for the W203. One is the regular projector and one is the "Bi-xenon" one. Which one is the better one? I will probably order another set today since I just checked and the refund is back in my Paypal now.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I would get the bix one but make sure you get the xenon setting taken care of.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 PM

Thanks,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USA-DEPO-01-0...c728a1&vxp=mtr

I am looking into this set now with bi-xenons. From the seller, he claims that I don't need to get xenon coded as present. It is just plug and play and he includes the bulb + ballast.

I did a search on fishcake on this forum and he seems to have some solid feedback.

Only problem I am worried is that, I have read some complaints on the W203 forum that the bulb went loose after a few weeks with this headlight and the light output dramatically decreased. The fix was just fixing the pin with some needle nose pliers. Not much information after that.. I am wondering if those problems still persist?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
I would get the ones made for the cars with bix. Reason is they should give better output but also because you can get some really good quality Philips D2s bulbs(best in the market) The ones that come with hid kits are usually junk and even the good ones are not nearly as good as the Philips bulbs. As for the xenon setting you should really do that either way as it can eliminate potential issues.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:24 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USA-DEPO-01-0...item234aeb8325

Is this the one you are talking about? Also sold by fishcake but take D2S instead. These costs $60 usd more and really am thinking if it is worth it.

I will get the xenon=present set, but not sure if I will have time to set it before I install these lights. Both of the sets I am looking at says it is plug and play onto the halogen model so I will more than likely be running these headlights before I have time to get somebody with STAR to set my xenons = present.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
I would say it is worth it and I would try to get someone with star or the snap on tools one (believe it works) to do the coding first on either set as some cars won't work right and others will. I know a member on here who got the D2S set and they were great and as I said you can get some decent D2S bulbs much easier than h7 retrofitted stuff.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM

So I opted for just the regular projector DEPOs. I don't drive the car enough to justify for the more expensive D2S. It was close though, but I decided against it last minute.

Got the set of lights from fishcake and nothing happens when I plug them in. I get all the light out errors but no light. I plugged it into a C32 which has the xenon package and the lights work perfectly.

I emailed fishcake to inquire and they said I did get the right headlight and told me it is plug and play for both the halogen and xenon version.

I guess I will find some time to code the car to xenon = present and hope it works. I wonder why it doesn't work on my car but works on a C32 with xenon while they keep telling me it should work and it is plug and play for the factory halogen as well.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
@patrickkc so you got the regular halogen projector Depos or regular HID/Xenon projector Depos? Most of the ones on ebay are HID which you probably will need XENON=PRESENT.

I myself just purchased the regular halogen Depos with the black housing from a sponsor on this forum-- USR uniquestyleracings.com and if you send them a PM through here you should be able to get a discount.

Anyhow all of my reading is that the projectors suck on all after market projectors so just bought the cheaper halogens and will be working with www.theretrofitsource.com/ to retrofit a Bi-Xenon kit from them.

Here is the link for the lights I got--there are drop-downs to configure how you want yours and the price changes to reflect your options https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/i...product_id=217
Old 04-14-2015, 02:25 AM

Hey Krazz,

USR is fishcake on ebay. STAR is unable to communicate with my car, therefore I have not got these to work on my car yet. I was on vacation and just came back last night so I will keep testing to see. Some members recommended that I need to really plug in the OBD harder on the W203s but my friend with STAR thinks it's a much bigger problem.

The car is at my mechanics placing getting a C32 conversion, so I should get my car back within a week or two and will attempt to fix this xenon / headlight mystery.

Originally Posted by krazzdav
@patrickkc so you got the regular halogen projector Depos or regular HID/Xenon projector Depos? Most of the ones on ebay are HID which you probably will need XENON=PRESENT.

I myself just purchased the regular halogen Depos with the black housing from a sponsor on this forum-- USR uniquestyleracings.com and if you send them a PM through here you should be able to get a discount.

Anyhow all of my reading is that the projectors suck on all after market projectors so just bought the cheaper halogens and will be working with www.theretrofitsource.com/ to retrofit a Bi-Xenon kit from them.

Here is the link for the lights I got--there are drop-downs to configure how you want yours and the price changes to reflect your options https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/i...product_id=217
Old 04-14-2015, 03:27 AM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
Originally Posted by patrickkc
Hey Krazz,

USR is fishcake on ebay.
I didn't know that. lol
I looked at all of fishkake321 items for w203 and didn't see any halogen projectors for sale so I would guess you did get the xenon ones. I have seen mixed posts on whether you needed the xenon set in the sam where some say theirs worked without turning it on and others had to. I guess you are one of the latter

STAR is unable to communicate with my car, therefore I have not got these to work on my car yet.
I was looking for a post about removing the cover from the obdII port to allow the connector and it was actually in your other thread haha https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6376328

I would also check all of your fuses in the side of the dash first or if the above doesn't work. There was another thread where fuse 61 was blown causing the issue. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post5356409

The car is at my mechanics placing getting a C32 conversion,
Sweet! So are you just doing a body upgrade or an entire engine swap?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by krazzdav
I didn't know that. lol
I looked at all of fishkake321 items for w203 and didn't see any halogen projectors for sale so I would guess you did get the xenon ones. I have seen mixed posts on whether you needed the xenon set in the sam where some say theirs worked without turning it on and others had to. I guess you are one of the latter

I was looking for a post about removing the cover from the obdII port to allow the connector and it was actually in your other thread haha https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6376328

I would also check all of your fuses in the side of the dash first or if the above doesn't work. There was another thread where fuse 61 was blown causing the issue. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post5356409

Sweet! So are you just doing a body upgrade or an entire engine swap?
Actually, I have no idea what's wrong with my car. I will do some more extensive tests on it to find out what is wrong with the headlight.

My friend has checked the fuse and they seem to check out fine. More info on this when we reattempt to connect STAR to my car again. (After my conversion is done).

I am just doing body upgrade. If I can get STAR to connect to my car, I may transfer over the interior as well. (seats) No engine swap, so I have a C32 engine and tranny for sale if anybody is located in Toronto and am interested.. haha