C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Anybody else bored with their C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Anybody else bored with their C?

Don't get me wrong I still love my car...but lately I'm just getting really bored with it. I think part of the reason is because its a lease so I don't really want to waste the money of doing any major mods to it. The other part of it is b/c I'm living in Florida now and have no need for the 4Matic so I'm itching to get into a sports car (Vette) but still have another year and a half left on my current lease.

I still get tons of compliments on my car and dont really have any complaints with it. Guess I'm just ready for something different.

Anybody else?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Niti24

I feel your pain. I have this thing where I get bored with a car quickly. Regardless what car it is. My brother bought a Ford Mustang GT and he got bored of it within the year. Im a little bored with mine as well. Though I might trade the C and My r32 for something with a lot of power. C63 perhaps, maybe I'll switch over and try a M3 or something along that line.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
well u kinda answered ur own question.. i was going to say if you mod your car haevily you will never get bored of it atleast for a while..
Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 PM

2010 W204
Same here. I mean, I still love my car. But I just kinda feel bored with it. But for me ,there is a particular reason making me feel bored -- the W204 is actually a bumpy ride and the cabin noise just dont match its luxury standard.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by huir
Same here. I mean, I still love my car. But I just kinda feel bored with it. But for me ,there is a particular reason making me feel bored -- the W204 is actually a bumpy ride and the cabin noise just dont match its luxury standard.
I couldn't disagree more. Bumpy road? I find the ride beautiful. Try a G37 Sedan. That is one rough ride.

Each time I drive the C300, I think "wow." Just a very nicely put together car. Everything works as it should. The steering, the brakes, comfortable, etc. Goes around corners nicely.

I have a SLK 350, and I like the C300 just about as much honestly. I love them both.

If I had a sudden surge of money into my pocket, I'd just immediately get a C63, plus keep my C300 too.

I think they're great cars, and it's the size of car I like to drive.

Of course, I don't give you guys a hard time for having your opinion. Of course, it's natural to feel anyway you choose. I do note many of you who replied are 4MATIC. I think I'd still love a 4matic, but perhaps that takes a bit of the kick out of it, just speculating since several of you who replied were 4Matic owners.

NJBNZ - Your car does look great!

Last edited by mac911; 09-13-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
yes, for the 204. no, for the 203. why? because 203 is my mod car. 204 i'm done with all the stuff i want to do minus the LED tail light. lol
Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
I feel the OP.

I'm very tempted to take a look at the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Overland trim. I love the car, but sometimes I can't help but wish for a more comfortable seating position (I have an uber commute) and the ability to see past an SUV/Truck without having to drop back 100 feet.

However, anyone I ever suggest that to looks at me as if I were crazy.

I guess it's the whole high-end brand thing...

Overall, I LOVE the car though it is an Arctic White 2009 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan with P1, P2, MM, Pano, and the works. I really like the LED turn signals, although some complain the red color is a safety hazard. I like the red (it looks sinister) but I wouldn't mind the LED's if they were in amber either.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 PM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by bigigg
well u kinda answered ur own question.. i was going to say if you mod your car haevily you will never get bored of it atleast for a while..
Originally Posted by FrankW
yes, for the 204. no, for the 203. why? because 203 is my mod car. 204 i'm done with all the stuff i want to do minus the LED tail light. lol
Yea I agree that not modding it is prolly the biggest reason why I'm getting bored with it. If I planned on buying it out after the lease was up I'd definitely have some fun with it...but seeing as I'm going to turn it in in about a year and a half it just doesn't make sense to drop more money into it.

My first car was a '96 Mustang GT (not leased)...had that thing for 12yrs...but I did everything to that car...rims, suspension, exhaust, supercharger, gears, headers. Whenever I got bored I changed something up on it.

Originally Posted by mac911
Thank you
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 PM

09 C300S 4M
Absolutely. I actually didn't see it coming, I used to love getting into the w204 everyday. 13 months into ownership, the drive was too disconnected from the road so I jumped into a bmw. It's all personal preference, some will be bored some won't, I don't think it has anything to do with the car as much as it does to do with ourselves individually.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM

2010 W204
I couldn't disagree more. Bumpy road? I find the ride beautiful. Try a G37 Sedan. That is one rough ride.

Each time I drive the C300, I think "wow." Just a very nicely put together car. Everything works as it should. The steering, the brakes, comfortable, etc. Goes around corners nicely.

I have a SLK 350, and I like the C300 just about as much honestly. I love them both.

If I had a sudden surge of money into my pocket, I'd just immediately get a C63, plus keep my C300 too.

I think they're great cars, and it's the size of car I like to drive.

Of course, I don't give you guys a hard time for having your opinion. Of course, it's natural to feel anyway you choose. I do note many of you who replied are 4MATIC. I think I'd still love a 4matic, but perhaps that takes a bit of the kick out of it, just speculating since several of you who replied were 4Matic owners.

well, about the "bumpy ride", I think it is not only my personal experience. If you search the forum for wind noise or bumpy ride, you will see that this topic has been discussed several times before. But as some members mentioned before, they did not feel their cars are bumpy. I would say, maybe the judge of the bumpy ride and wind noise is related to the personal expectation.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Pretty happy with mine still. I think the manual trans and x-pipe help out a lot.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I do note many of you who replied are 4MATIC. I think I'd still love a 4matic, but perhaps that takes a bit of the kick out of it, just speculating since several of you who replied were 4Matic owners.
4MATIC and automatic. I have some of this feeling with my wife's E3504MATIC.

But, a C300 with a stick and Eibach antisway bars, this car is lots of fun to drive around every corner, everyday.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
i love my C. I only drive it on the weekends =P
Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
I'm very tempted to take a look at the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Overland trim...However, anyone I ever suggest that to looks at me as if I were crazy. I guess it's the whole high-end brand thing...
Don't let status seekers affect your choice. The new GC is an outstanding vehicle, which you may know, shares a platform with the ML.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
I don't want to get rid of it because I'm bored, I want to get rid of it because of the name. I don't like having this expensive, high-class stuff; I don't have that much money and I'm a full time grad student with a part-time job so I don't deserve such an elegant car. I want a small car that gets me from point A to point B, but safe. I got it not only because of the great deal that I got, but also to make my parents happy. After my lease is up, they can keep it and I can get my own little car that I don't have to keep shiny and classy looking every month.

...while I have it though, I love it.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
i am a little bored already too but this is a great car, its just lacking something. i had one of the first 2006 civic si and that car was the total package, as far as having that fun to drive factor. almost think my c is too refined. faster than lots of cars but doesnt feel like it... we also have a 2011 jeep gc overland and it is incredible! its my wifes daily driver but i drive as much as possible. you can see and feel mb's influence except the hemi v8 which is pure usa muscle!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
still loving it
Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Still love it as well but have been day dreaming of getting and E class (the practical side of me) or C63 (the kid in me)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by MBHellBlaze
I don't want to get rid of it because I'm bored, I want to get rid of it because of the name. I don't like having this expensive, high-class stuff; I don't have that much money and I'm a full time grad student with a part-time job so I don't deserve such an elegant car. I want a small car that gets me from point A to point B, but safe. I got it not only because of the great deal that I got, but also to make my parents happy. After my lease is up, they can keep it and I can get my own little car that I don't have to keep shiny and classy looking every month.

...while I have it though, I love it.
Maybe after the lease you should just buy your car if you're taking care of it?

Honestly, I have to have rental cars all the time. I drive so many different types of cars in a year, it's insane.

The truth? I used to think all cars were pretty good, but not now! Most cars out there are rubbish. They are under powered, they have the cheapest materials on earth inside of them, you feel no connection with the road, and they go around turns like a truck.

We're all different, but my Mercedes are the things that feel like the best money I've ever spent to me.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 AM

2008 C300 Sport 6MT X-Pipe
RWD, manual and x-pipe make my car exciting to drive for me, it even attracts some attention at my local dealership because they just don't see a manual MB too often in Massachusetts. The SA told me he looked in the computer and could only find about 60 of them in all of New England. The only thing I am bored of about my car is the sound of the radio (no HK), it sucks! I need to get that addressed soon then I will be 100% happy. I love the BMW, but they are everywhere you look around my area, it's nice to have something different.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
What helps me is that I have a 21 year old SUV that I have to drive for work so when I climb into the C300 its the love fest all over again.

So those of you that are bored with your C car, go buy yourself a POS truck and go drive it some each week.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Spoilt Americans who can afford to get bored with a Benz

If you paid twice the price you might not get bored so quickly
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I am not bored just yet, because it is taking me forever to decide on all of my mods. I agree with JimPap as well. I just bought a Trailblazer with an auto because I needed a workhorse/ off-roader. It's not a s fun to drive on the highway because it doesn't handle nearly as well as the C. So on the days I drive the C, the fun is renewed.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 AM

'09 C300 Sport 4Matic Arctic White
I'm in the same boat. My old car was a Subie and I could toss that thing around like a go-kart. When I try that in my C, the back-end skips out over bumps =( The C has the looks of a fast and mean car, but it's just not that sporty. My gf with her new Maxima is faster ... how sad is that =(

There's a huge gap in the product range between the normal C-class and the C63 in terms of performance. I really have high hopes for this C coupe. I can see it being more fun if it is lighter and gets modest bump in power. Naturally, I hope MB had the 3-series coupe and A5 in it's sights when designing this car. Are there improvements to the V6 engine range lined up?

In the end, it would probably make terrible financial sense to trade-in an '09 sedan for this coupe though ...
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Spoilt Americans who can afford to get bored with a Benz

If you paid twice the price you might not get bored so quickly
Well, you certainly have a point there...

I plan on keeping mine until she simply gives up on me...10 maybe 15 years? I just rememeber the first time I didn't have a massive car payment...what a feeling! I decided never to have another car payment again so that pretty much keeps me from getting too tired of any car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody else bored with their C?