C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 w204 c63, 08 G35 6mt Sedan
that's only for the facelift models that already have the screen in the dash.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
that's only for the facelift models that already have the screen in the dash.
I have a facelift 2014 and the small non command screen already.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:15 AM

W204 C250 AMG
Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to edit the original menu that the Android screen comes with. For example, to delete the ´Music' and ´Video´ links or change them to link to other apps?

I can´t seem to edit anything.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:00 AM

W204 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by rahail1000
I have an issue with the 10,25" large screen for W212 from 2010. when using android, I only have voice on front left speaker. Has anyone experienced similar issue? I am using AUX MMI cable (which came along with the unit) and at one point I had voice on all speakers and without changing anything it is back to one speaker (left front) and nothing I can do to make it play on all speakers. When using OEM all speakers works.

Also, I have an issue with boot, sometime I have the black screen (with the car logo on lane) on the right side and I need to touch the screen before the Mercedes Benz startup logo starts.

Please help, thanks a lot.
Did you ever fix your issue with sound only from front left speaker? I am having the same problem.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by ph1lware
Did you ever fix your issue with sound only from front left speaker? I am having the same problem.
Hi, this could be my first post so consider yourself special . I had this issue, I had messed with the order of the icons on the launcher and added the radio icon (which doesn't work on the newer unit anyway), as soon as I removed the radio icon in the launcher the problem went away...
Old 12-13-2018, 06:02 PM

C63
Originally Posted by ph1lware
Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to edit the original menu that the Android screen comes with. For example, to delete the ´Music' and ´Video´ links or change them to link to other apps?

I can´t seem to edit anything.
You can move some stuff around but the launcher is pretty basic, you can't add Android Apps to the front screen. This video gives you some info:
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by Apoth
Hi, this could be my first post so consider yourself special . I had this issue, I had messed with the order of the icons on the launcher and added the radio icon (which doesn't work on the newer unit anyway), as soon as I removed the radio icon in the launcher the problem went away...
Thanks for your reply! Yes, this is also what I’ve done. I wish I hadn’t had entered that menu! How do you delete the icons once you’ve added them? I can’t see how to remove them, only add new ones!
Old 12-14-2018, 01:43 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Philip Ware

Thanks for your reply! Yes, this is also what I’ve done. I wish I hadn’t had entered that menu! How do you delete the icons once you’ve added them? I can’t see how to remove them, only add new ones!
Double tap the icon I think, that moves it to the unused left side. Either that or tap the icon then tap a space on the left side.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C250 AMG
Double tap the icon I think, that moves it to the unused left side. Either that or tap the icon then tap a space on the left side.
Fixed! Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Never mess with the secret menus...
Old 12-14-2018, 03:57 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Never mess with the secret menus...
normally I would agree but there are some pretty fundamental options in the "secret menus" that should never have been there in the first place(volume adjustments, boot animations, moving the order of the icons on the main screen etc.) If the radio option causes such an issue it should have been removed completely, not hidden away 😀
Old 12-17-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2009 C350
Originally Posted by aznmode
So far it's worth it for me. My car is 2010 and this makes it feel like a 2018 car. I really hoping I can get around the short coming I mentioned.
If you want HD Radio, you still have to upgrade the Sirius Tuner, correct? Mine is a 2009 C350.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
normally I would agree but there are some pretty fundamental options in the "secret menus" that should never have been there in the first place(volume adjustments, boot animations, moving the order of the icons on the main screen etc.) If the radio option causes such an issue it should have been removed completely, not hidden away 😀
how do you move the icons around on the main screen? I was only able to remove the screen mirroring icon, but not move the other icons around. I wanna put CarPlay as my first icon.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:29 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Ungarisch
how do you move the icons around on the main screen? I was only able to remove the screen mirroring icon, but not move the other icons around. I wanna put CarPlay as my first icon.
Do you know how to get into the secret menu?

Once you are in click Menu icon, follow what Raymond says in the above video. Take note of what he says about adding stuff (learned that one the hard way ).

Old 12-17-2018, 02:41 PM

Tectitgrau S210
yeah, I went in there and was able to remove the Mirror Link icon because I have no use for it, but even after I placed Carplay to the front slot it still shows up on the 2nd page of icons.

EDIT: Maybe I can remove all, save, then re-add them one by one in the order that I want them. Just worried about goofing up the home screen and then needing a reset, which I dont wanna do now that I have 20GB of songs downloaded to Spotify.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:17 PM

C63
weird, I just went into the menu and moved icons around no problem, I click save and it prompts for a reboot and once it comes back online the icons are in the new spots?
Old 12-17-2018, 03:32 PM

09 w204 c63, 08 G35 6mt Sedan
So when it's all said and done was it worth it getting the 10.25 screen unit? Eyeballing the latest 4gb ram.64gb storage one. I'm wondering if the whole thing becomes 'meh' after the novelty wears off. I know my pfl 09 63 could use a tech upgrade!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:47 PM

Tectitgrau S210
weird, I just went into the menu and moved icons around no problem, I click save and it prompts for a reboot and once it comes back online the icons are in the new spots?
it did not ask me to reboot, so maybe I did it wrong. I'll try again.

Do you know if there is a way to re-assign the "Music" icon from the MP3 player to the spotify app? I know you can re-assign the Map icon to be Waze.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:21 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
You can't re-assign it as it is built into the launcher app and only uses a portion of the screen. a 3rd party one would run full screen.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 PM

W204 c250
Help needed please

ReHi guys,

Need to ask a favour please, while fitting my kids walked off with the screws and can't find them! Please can somebody tell me the size / thread of the 2 screws re-used from the original MB screen for the new mounting bracket, and also the screws to secure the screen to the bracket and stop the rattle noise.

Really appreciate the help!
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by anon_uk
ReHi guys,

Need to ask a favour please, while fitting my kids walked off with the screws and can't find them! Please can somebody tell me the size / thread of the 2 screws re-used from the original MB screen for the new mounting bracket, and also the screws to secure the screen to the bracket and stop the rattle noise.

YOU LOST YOUR KIDS!?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:43 PM

W204 c250
Hi, I have 2 questions in regards to use of the screen to see if anybody can help

1) Currently, when I press the audio or video icon on the Home screen I get an error saying something like 'file not found' or 'unsupported media type'. Where can I go to set default apps for both of these?

2) Bluetooth, I want to pair a Bluetooth ODB-II adapter to Torque on the screen. BT is enabled, I can pair a mobile but Torque won't see the device (my mobile can see it). In Android Settings and Bluetooth, it only asks about auto connect etc. What am I missing, where can I go to pair the device please?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2019, 06:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
Hi, I have 2 questions in regards to use of the screen to see if anybody can help

1) Currently, when I press the audio or video icon on the Home screen I get an error saying something like 'file not found' or 'unsupported media type'. Where can I go to set default apps for both of these?
As far as I know the only app that you can set is the one launched with the Navi. The error you see is because there is media to display. If you had a list of songs or videos you wouldn't see this error.

2) Bluetooth, I want to pair a Bluetooth ODB-II adapter to Torque on the screen. BT is enabled, I can pair a mobile but Torque won't see the device (my mobile can see it). In Android Settings and Bluetooth, it only asks about auto connect etc. What am I missing, where can I go to pair the device please?

Thanks
Somewhere, in the 1000 forums that are related to these displays I read that only a few ODB-II adapters are capable of connecting to this display. The majority of the adapter sold in AliExpress seem not to be supported. I remember somebody complaining why did they block the connection to them. It is a very vague information but that could help with a search starting point.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
ReHi guys,

The following entry is in German, but he explains that the current screws and bolts don't hold enough and it is better to buy the M4 ones as a replacement. There is a picture of them in the thread at the beginning. Check the first post, right before the paragraph titled "Einbau".

Motor-Talk.de w212 Martins thread
Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aznmode
So I bought a bluetooth OBDII scanner that plugs into my OBDII. This way I can see information such as RPM, speed, boost, temp etc on the screen. Except I can't get it to pair. When I go to my bluetooth setting, I see the OBDII on the list but when I try to pair, it won't pop up the screen to where I can enter the pairing code. Do you guys know of any bluetooth OBDII devices that do not require a pairing code?

This is the one I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE: Solved my issue
Found this app to pre program pin code for bluetooth connections. Well worth the price tag for what I'm trying to accomplish.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...con.btautopair

I purchased Torque Pro from the play store and here is a screen shot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Not sure I like the interface of Torque Pro so I will keep searching for one that I like.

Hi
Nice writeup
I have almost the same screen as you but a newer version.
I also like the OBDII and Torque, but the screen cant find my OBDII.
As far i can understand you just downloaded the "bluetooth auto pair" and installet Torque?
Can you see the bluetoothconnection on the screen?
Could you please tell me exactly what you did?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Android 10.25 Screen Unit