C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
C450 Exhaust from Brabus

Old 11-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Oh my.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
I believe the answer to my question is yes, but I just wanted to confirm. I plan to replace the tires on my C450 with the Michelin Pilot Spot A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-speed rated). Is it alright to get a tire with a W or Y speed rating even though the original tire on my car was the Continental Procontact GX SSR run-flat with an H speed rating?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by iluvdaBenz
I believe the answer to my question is yes, but I just wanted to confirm. I plan to replace the tires on my C450 with the Michelin Pilot Spot A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-speed rated). Is it alright to get a tire with a W or Y speed rating even though the original tire on my car was the Continental Procontact GX SSR run-flat with an H speed rating?
The answer is yes.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...t-test-review/

So the 450 can pull off 60 *OFFICALLY* in 4.4

This is the lowest I've seen in an auto review for the car. Has anyone seen lower on any other sites?

I have seen 4.3 with independent members of this forum.

I mean a 2014 R8 4.2 pulled off 60 in 4.4.. how is this possible?

Last edited by S500Sport; 11-12-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Infiniti FX50s // 2016 MB c450 AMG
Originally Posted by S500Sport
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...t-test-review/

So the 450 can pull off 60 *OFFICALLY* in 4.4

This is the lowest I've seen in an auto review for the car. Has anyone seen lower on any other sites?

I have seen 4.3 with independent members of this forum.

I mean a 2014 R8 4.2 pulled off 60 in 4.4.. how is this possible?

similar weight, awdo with sticky summer tires and much more torque plus: the R8 was MANUAL. The c43 or c450 is a great machine, lots of car for a DD.

Hope that helps,
LP
Old 11-13-2016, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C450 AMG
C450 AMG/C43 - H&R Springs + ECS Tuning Spacers

Had to get rid of the fender gap.. what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_6652.jpg  
Old 11-13-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by c_sotelo5
Had to get rid of the fender gap.. what do you guys think?
How will this affect the ride quality? Wouldn't it have been better to go with the 19 inch wheels?
Old 11-13-2016, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Increasing wheel size (or decreasing) it won't affect the fender gap, since the overall wheel diameters are the same on 17", 18" or 19". You're basically just swapping more rim for less sidewall on a Plus 1 or Plus 2.

A drop will absolutely stiffen the ride. It's simple physics.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:06 PM

C450
So I'm sort of a OCD worrier.

I sent my ECU today to OE Tuning for my brand new 2016 C450 I just picked up.

I had the hardest time disconnecting this thing, it did not want to budge, the guys at OE were great in helping out over the phone.

My question is, it was early in the day and I must have missed this, but my rear running lights are flickering. I hadnt gone back into the garage since I did this earlier and now that its dark out, its easy to see.

Did I damage anything ? Is this normal? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys! been a long time member on cadillac forums, this is my first MB and looking forward to contributing on here.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:25 PM

C450 2016
Questions from new C450 owner

I guess I'm either tech impaired or can't understand the manual. The manual mentions "gliding mode" - what is it? Why would I use it? And How do I activate it?
The manual says that eco start/stop is not available in Sport mode, yet the eco start stop button remains lit in Sport mode. It goes off in Sport+. Is this normal?
Is the suspension setting automatically determined by the drive mode? What do the 2 red lights on the button mean when they are both on, as in sport + mode. If you change the suspension setting, does the driving mode change too or are they independent?
Is the recommended 1800 mile differential oil change necessary on this car or does that recommendation only apply to true AMG vehicles.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by ajb723
I guess I'm either tech impaired or can't understand the manual. The manual mentions "gliding mode" - what is it? Why would I use it? And How do I activate it?
The manual says that eco start/stop is not available in Sport mode, yet the eco start stop button remains lit in Sport mode. It goes off in Sport+. Is this normal?
Is the suspension setting automatically determined by the drive mode? What do the 2 red lights on the button mean when they are both on, as in sport + mode. If you change the suspension setting, does the driving mode change too or are they independent?
Is the recommended 1800 mile differential oil change necessary on this car or does that recommendation only apply to true AMG vehicles.
Gliding mode unfortunately is disabled on the US version of this car. The differential maintenance is for the C63 only.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 170 Likes on 108 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by ajb723
1- Gliding mode is when the car decouples the engine from the wheels to coast downhill and save gas. According to manual, it works in eco or comfort modes. Never seen it happen on mine, and we've had discussions on the forum that it isn't available in the US, despite some marketing materials otherwise. I don't believe any US owner has reported it to work. In Europe, they seem to get a picture of a sail when it is on. Think you can ignore this one.

2 - I think you are correct, and the manual is wrong. Eco start/stop stays on in Sport Mode.

3 - The drive mode changes the suspension setting with everything else. Using the suspension setting you can leave the other characteristics alone and just change suspension. There are 3 suspension choices comfort (no lights) sport (1 light) and sport+ (both lights)

4 - The manual sucks distinguishing AMG vehicles. For the axle fluid change, a few reviews stated that the C450 has a LSD, but others (and the brochure) state that it does not. It doesn't have the option codes for the locking diff. I don't recall anyone posting getting this done, and I think we have generally accepted it is not needed but it would be nice if we had a definitive statement from MB. Worth calling your dealer for if you want.

**Edit Dapper style posted while I was typing. With much shorter and more efficient answers **
Old 11-17-2016, 03:02 PM

2014 C300
Originally Posted by z28lt1
1- Gliding mode is when the car decouples the engine from the wheels to coast downhill and save gas. According to manual, it works in eco or comfort modes. Never seen it happen on mine, and we've had discussions on the forum that it isn't available in the US, despite some marketing materials otherwise. I don't believe any US owner has reported it to work. In Europe, they seem to get a picture of a sail when it is on. Think you can ignore this one.

2 - I think you are correct, and the manual is wrong. Eco start/stop stays on in Sport Mode.

3 - The drive mode changes the suspension setting with everything else. Using the suspension setting you can leave the other characteristics alone and just change suspension. There are 3 suspension choices comfort (no lights) sport (1 light) and sport+ (both lights)

4 - The manual sucks distinguishing AMG vehicles. For the axle fluid change, a few reviews stated that the C450 has a LSD, but others (and the brochure) state that it does not. It doesn't have the option codes for the locking diff. I don't recall anyone posting getting this done, and I think we have generally accepted it is not needed but it would be nice if we had a definitive statement from MB. Worth calling your dealer for if you want.

**Edit Dapper style posted while I was typing. With much shorter and more efficient answers **
But your answers were more thorough
Old 11-18-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Maybe it was a change between the C450 and the C43, but I have seen the gliding mode active when I was in E mode (the E icon got replaced with a sailboat icon), and I do have a US spec C43.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by MDSkiBum
Maybe it was a change between the C450 and the C43, but I have seen the gliding mode active when I was in E mode (the E icon got replaced with a sailboat icon), and I do have a US spec C43.
Either a change, or maybe that you are the only C450/C43 owner to actually use ECO Mode long enough to see it happen.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:31 PM

2014 C300
Originally Posted by MDSkiBum
Yeah I believe the C43 with the 9 speed does it. Also the E300 has been shown to have it as well.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
Yeah I believe the C43 with the 9 speed does it. Also the E300 has been shown to have it as well.
The E300 loaner I had did not have sailing mode. Also, how does this save fuel (besides not slowing the car down as much) because when the car is coasting normally fuel is cut off from the engine anyways and the engine is spinning from the wheels and transmission. Evident when you look at the real-time MPG and it is off the charts while coasting in D, but low mpg figures show up when coasting in neutral for example since fuel is injected into the engine in neutral when moving. So, in sailing mode you have to assume that fuel is being injected into the engine since the engine is not connected to the transmission, versus coasting normally with the engine connected to the transmission and no fuel being injected into the engine.. can someone explain this?

Last edited by topsider; 11-21-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 M4 comp cabriolet, 2017 C43 Sedan, (wife)
Confirming wife's C43 Sedan has glide mode. Saw it on when she was driving in eco the other day
Old 11-22-2016, 02:48 PM

2014 C300
Originally Posted by topsider
The E300 loaner I had did not have sailing mode. Also, how does this save fuel (besides not slowing the car down as much) because when the car is coasting normally fuel is cut off from the engine anyways and the engine is spinning from the wheels and transmission. Evident when you look at the real-time MPG and it is off the charts while coasting in D, but low mpg figures show up when coasting in neutral for example since fuel is injected into the engine in neutral when moving. So, in sailing mode you have to assume that fuel is being injected into the engine since the engine is not connected to the transmission, versus coasting normally with the engine connected to the transmission and no fuel being injected into the engine.. can someone explain this?
I believe that not only are the injectors off when in gliding/sailing but the reduced engine braking will allow one to coast further and not have to get on the accelerator which means the injectors stay off.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
C450 track tested

Hi all

I've been bitten by the track bug and I've started a YouTube channel to chronicle my journey of exploring the right car to use for the road and the track.

As an owner of a C450, I took an opportunity to test it on the world famous Virginia International Raceway to find out if it could be my weekend track toy in addition to serving D.D. duties. I learned a ton about the car and had a blast taking it to its limits.

The channel is called 'Between The Wheels' and if you'd like to check out the episode, the link is below. Lots of in depth exploration of our car that might be helpful for some. Thanks in advance for checking it out.

The following 2 users liked this post by BeemerToBenz:
Nickolai (12-11-2016), schvamf (11-26-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by BeemerToBenz
Hi all

I've been bitten by the track bug and I've started a YouTube channel to chronicle my journey of exploring the right car to use for the road and the track.

As an owner of a C450, I took an opportunity to test it on the world famous Virginia International Raceway to find out if it could be my weekend track toy in addition to serving D.D. duties. I learned a ton about the car and had a blast taking it to its limits.

The channel is called 'Between The Wheels' and if you'd like to check out the episode, the link is below. Lots of in depth exploration of our car that might be helpful for some. Thanks in advance for checking it out.
Well done

The C450 has also peaked my interest in going to the track. I haven't had this much fun driving in a while. I'll be curious to see if your track bug is leading you down the same path as mine (mine has been whispering 600-horse-power and drift-mode for that past couple of months ).
Old 11-24-2016, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by BeemerToBenz
Hi all

https://youtu.be/x3yZnCwR_9k
Thanks for the video. Well done. Did you get any lap times? What brake marker did you use off the back straight?

On a side note what stupid organization is running track days allowing you on the track without a helmet? Or was this some sort of limited event?
The following users liked this post:
schvamf (11-26-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 03:19 PM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Well done

The C450 has also peaked my interest in going to the track. I haven't had this much fun driving in a while. I'll be curious to see if your track bug is leading you down the same path as mine (mine has been whispering 600-horse-power and drift-mode for that past couple of months ).
I learned a ton taking the C450 to an environment where it could be fully pushed. That said, I think I want something more nimble if I continue to my track lunacy (and I think I have no choice since I have the sickness...) But, I hear you... my little voice is trying to convince me to go C63s Coupe... Bad voice! Bad voice!
Old 11-25-2016, 03:22 PM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
Thanks for the video. Well done. Did you get any lap times? What brake marker did you use off the back straight?

On a side note what stupid organization is running track days allowing you on the track without a helmet? Or was this some sort of limited event?
Thanks! No lap times since I haven't invested in a lap timer yet, but it's on my (long!) list of toys to get.

This day was a closed HPDE day for Porsche owners that was opened up to anyone who wanted to join. There were two groups, intermediate and beginner. The beginner group (mine) was no passing and helmets optional. I started to wear mine for one of the sessions but ended up forgoing it. That said, I do need to start to get used to driving with a helmet so I can get comfortable with the impact on hearing, peripheral vision, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.