C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glc coupe 250 4matic
Originally Posted by eling23
ok i finally got around to connecting the aux to the screen. Happy to report everything worked. No lag whatsover. Also to note that the audio quality from the aux is way better than from the BT module. Before when i'm playing music using the BT module the volume would be somehwat low. Had to try to find some balance b/w the volume from the screen and volume from the HU. But since our HU doesnt have a volume level status it was hard to gauge how far it was turned up. Will do more testing in the days to come.
The OBD was just to activate aux-in Wright? You have the aux-in entry on back of the radio? Or in console?
What cable did you use to connect aux-in to the unit?
Thanks!
Old 10-24-2018, 07:49 PM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Originally Posted by Pazevedo78
The OBD was just to activate aux-in Wright? You have the aux-in entry on back of the radio? Or in console?
What cable did you use to connect aux-in to the unit?
Thanks!
Just went back in the thread and I understand what you did.
Did you do any photos of the connection of aux module?
The module connects to the android unit?
Old 10-25-2018, 01:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
soon-to-be 2018 glc43
No it was getting late so I didnt take any photos. If you goto the link that i posted you'll see a picture of the male white and red rca ends and 3 wires (white red blk) on the other end. The white red blk wires plug into the harness in back of the HU and the male rca ends plug into the female red and white rca ends from the screen.

the OBD is a one time thing thats separate. Once aux is initiated you can pull it out from the obd port.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:07 PM

Glc coupe 250 4matic

Old 10-25-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
No it was getting late so I didnt take any photos. If you goto the link that i posted you'll see a picture of the male white and red rca ends and 3 wires (white red blk) on the other end. The white red blk wires plug into the harness in back of the HU and the male rca ends plug into the female red and white rca ends from the screen.

the OBD is a one time thing thats separate. Once aux is initiated you can pull it out from the obd port.
Did you also change the settings in the display to set it to AUX automatically? Maybe it works if you select the ntg4.x radio type and the aux audio.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
I'm intrigued by this screen. The 9.33 in. size offers a better aspect ratio than the 10.25. But it doesn't appear to have Farhenheit and MPH?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-33...d-0e8a92e4d46e
Old 10-26-2018, 07:35 PM

Mercedes w205
i am looking to order the usb carplay dongle. There's so many diff ones on aliexpress with a range of prices. Do the dongles work for ios12? Can someone give me a rundown of how it works and if it works well? Im understanding that you have to download the carplay app from the playstore first? I would like the latest carplay version for IOS12 if possible. Thanks!
I bought one from carlinke in AliExpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carl...826755246.html
I know that there are at least two types of hardware, one that supports only carplay, and another one that supports carplay and Android auto. I use Android auto, but I tried briefly my wife's iPhone and I was surprised how nice it uses the whole screen, without stretching, unlike Android auto. But the fixed ratio is a limitation on Android auto itself.
The thing that I like Is that you just need to connect the app with the dongle to internet, or your display via tethering, and it gets updates over the air. The latest one is from this month.

Last edited by fgarcor; 10-26-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:55 PM

soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Originally Posted by fgarcor
I bought one from carlinke in AliExpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carl...826755246.html
I know that there are at least two types of hardware, one that supports only carplay, and another one that supports carplay and Android auto. I use Android auto, but I tried briefly my wife's iPhone and I was surprised how nice it uses the whole screen, without stretching, unlike Android auto. But the fixed ratio is a limitation on Android auto itself.
The thing that I like Is that you just need to connect the app with the dongle to internet, or your display via tethering, and it gets updates over the air. The latest one is from this month.
Thanks! i just bought one yesterday from Road Top, looks to be the same functions but i don't know if it'll work with the new ios12 and 3rd party apps. I'm hoping all i have to do is download the installer from your aliexpress link and my dongle will work the same. Maybe i should cancel it before it ships and just buy the one you linked above.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:58 PM

soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Did you also change the settings in the display to set it to AUX automatically? Maybe it works if you select the ntg4.x radio type and the aux audio.
Didn't do that yet. My car is NTG5. I set it to NTG4.X, one time when i first installed everything and it seem to make everything out of wack.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:45 AM

Mercedes w205
Thanks! i just bought one yesterday from Road Top, looks to be the same functions but i don't know if it'll work with the new ios12 and 3rd party apps. I'm hoping all i have to do is download the installer from your aliexpress link and my dongle will work the same. Maybe i should cancel it before it ships and just buy the one you linked above.
I bought my display also from road top. I think I didn't get the dongle because I wasn't 100% sure that it would support also Android auto.
If you just need carplay then you are good to go I guess. And they offer support.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:02 PM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Just installed my unit in a GLC from last month. Ntg5s2
Very smooth and easy install, but... No sound!!
​​​​​​I don't have Aux.
Used the usb dongle, connected to usb entry in armrest.
No sound! Original radio sound works.
In the settings (photos) i Put the original sound switch to usb.
The last 2 items of first picture are to be changed?
What should I do in settings?

​​​​​With BT adapter sound works, but with the known delay...

Last edited by Pazevedo78; 10-27-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
Just installed my unit in a GLC from last month. Ntg5s2
Very smooth and easy install, but... No sound!!
​​​​​​I don't have Aux.
Used the usb dongle, connected to usb entry in armrest.
No sound! Original radio sound works.
In the settings (photos) i Put the original sound switch to usb.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f02f055b5c.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bb346fbecb.jpg

Hi,
  • First change "Door display type" to SUV (unrelated to the sound issue, but you have a GLC, so...).
  • You have two UBS plug in your car, and you need to indicate which one you use in "Original car media USB number". This will switch your car to the right USB input when the car starts.
If you don't do that, the screen sends commands to your origin unit to select the other USB plug, which will prevent the sound from being played. When I had that issue, my Audio20 was switched to the other USB port, not finding anything, then switching to the SD card and stopping there. After changing that setting on my GLC, all's fine.

To check that the USB adapter works: go back to your original car interface, and select the USB adapter (it shows up as an Apple product, iPhone or iPod). You should see a very long fake track playing: that's the adapter sending whatever it's receiving from the Android screen. Then tap on your screen, start some music and you should hear it.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:50 AM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Originally Posted by Sly_North
Hi,
  • First change "Door display type" to SUV (unrelated to the sound issue, but you have a GLC, so...).
  • You have two UBS plug in your car, and you need to indicate which one you use in "Original car media USB number". This will switch your car to the right USB input when the car starts.
If you don't do that, the screen sends commands to your origin unit to select the other USB plug, which will prevent the sound from being played. When I had that issue, my Audio20 was switched to the other USB port, not finding anything, then switching to the SD card and stopping there. After changing that setting on my GLC, all's fine.

To check that the USB adapter works: go back to your original car interface, and select the USB adapter (it shows up as an Apple product, iPhone or iPod). You should see a very long fake track playing: that's the adapter sending whatever it's receiving from the Android screen. Then tap on your screen, start some music and you should hear it.
Thank you for your help.

I had already tested changing the number of the port. I've tested in 1 and 2. But, went and did it again.
No sound with 1 or 2 selected.

Went to OEM with the USB adaptor connected to see if anything shows as you said, but nothing.

Tried with 1 and 2 ports selected in the unit...

Didn't say that when I play video or music for the first time I connect the unit, it appears the same message as in the BT adapter: PLEASE WAITE with the moving dots below. But then nothing happens...
The

Last edited by Pazevedo78; 10-28-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:54 AM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
What???

Connected via BT, I have delay only in one side of the speakers!
Which is not good... It plays left side first (almost no delay!) and then 1 or two seconds later starts the right side!
And they play a diferentes times! The whole song.
Made a video. Look a it please.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13rw...w?usp=drivesdk

What can I do?
Anyone had this?

Last edited by Pazevedo78; 10-28-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S205
Hello the please wait message appear s when the unit "loads" the OEM system.

What is the audio source you play?

It sounds weird, but I remember just after I install the unit, I had no sound few times (from any app) until I play something with the unit audio player (basically, play the demo Chinese song).
Old 10-28-2018, 02:59 PM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Originally Posted by zippi
Hello the please wait message appear s when the unit "loads" the OEM system.

What is the audio source you play?

It sounds weird, but I remember just after I install the unit, I had no sound few times (from any app) until I play something with the unit audio player (basically, play the demo Chinese song).
Any source.
YouTube, Spotify, or others.
From left side speakers almost no delay, bad sound and no control from hard Botons.
2 seconds later right side speakers start, good sound and controllable by hard botons from car.
Sent videos to carlife-mall. They are going to show them to the engeneers... Very strange... 🤔
Everything went so smooth, I knew from beginning that sound would be giving me the headheac...

Old 10-28-2018, 09:16 PM

Mercedes w205

I think that the last two options: audio menu column position and line are used to point the display to the location of the device to activate inside the media menu. Because I have seen it by accident moving through the media menu and selecting the column, and then a row. But I cannot confirm it, I didn't have time to test it.

Probably in your case it doesn't matter because you are not using aux or Bluetooth.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 AM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
I think that the last two options: audio menu column position and line are used to point the display to the location of the device to activate inside the media menu. Because I have seen it by accident moving through the media menu and selecting the column, and then a row. But I cannot confirm it, I didn't have time to test it.

Probably in your case it doesn't matter because you are not using aux or Bluetooth.
As usb adapter wasn't workingno, now I'm using the BT adapter.
Have sound but as I've said, with problems!
When playing a video or music on Youtube , Spotify ir whatever, the sound is completely different in left and right speakers !
There's a big lag between them and left speakers sound is bad and not controllable by hard botons of the car...
They are looking it to it, but is very strange...
Gonna start studying the aux activation for my car, see if it is a possibility...
Old 10-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
ok i finally got around to connecting the aux to the screen. Happy to report everything worked. No lag whatsover. Also to note that the audio quality from the aux is way better than from the BT module. Before when i'm playing music using the BT module the volume would be somehwat low. Had to try to find some balance b/w the volume from the screen and volume from the HU. But since our HU doesnt have a volume level status it was hard to gauge how far it was turned up. Will do more testing in the days to come.
Asked to the guys you bought your aux activation and they said it works on my radio...
https://car-solutions.com/en/aux-mod...5.0-system.php

Could this a solution for my problems?

Last edited by Pazevedo78; 10-29-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:04 PM

soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Try resetting your HU. I've had a few instances even w/out this android screen, my USB ports sometimes do not read my phone and it's constantly waiting to connect. To fix the problem i reset my HU. The reset function is in the systems menu somewhere.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:55 PM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Wil try that
thanks
Old 10-30-2018, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Sooo confused 🤯

Ok... so I bought my first MB about a month ago. I’ve done tons and tons of research and I just can’t seem to get a couple of answers clarified (good chance I’ve just read too much and confused myself):
2015 C300 - VIN is 55SWF4KB7FU005381
  1. What kind of head unit do I have? Audio 20 or COMAND, or is there a difference?
  2. What are my options as far as updating the navigation maps? Dealer quoted me $600, no way am I doing that. The maps I have on there now is from 2014, so previous owner never updated them.
  3. I THINK I’ve established that my HU is NTG5.0, whatever that means, which means I can’t retrofit Apple CarPlay.... but ultimately that’s what I want to achieve.
  4. With number 3 in mind, is this android HU my only option for keeping the typical climate control and other oem functions AND getting ACP/AA?
Sorry if this is too much 😬
Old 10-30-2018, 07:16 AM

Glc coupe 250 4matic
Originally Posted by Andrew Maddox
Ok... so I bought my first MB about a month ago. I’ve done tons and tons of research and I just can’t seem to get a couple of answers clarified (good chance I’ve just read too much and confused myself):
2015 C300 - VIN is 55SWF4KB7FU005381

1. What kind of head unit do I have? Audio 20 or COMAND, or is there a difference?
  2. What are my options as far as updating the navigation maps? Dealer quoted me $600, no way am I doing that. The maps I have on there now is from 2014, so previous owner never updated them.
  3. I THINK I’ve established that my HU is NTG5.0, whatever that means, which means I can’t retrofit Apple CarPlay.... but ultimately that’s what I want to achieve.
  4. With number 3 in mind, is this android HU my only option for keeping the typical climate control and other oem functions AND getting ACP/AA?
Sorry if this is too much ��
3: You sould Have a NTG5. You can retrofit car play
4: No, not your only solution. You can keep your screen. With something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aftermarket-Mercedes-NTG5-C-Class-W205-GLC-W253-Smart-OEM-Apple-Carplay-Android-Auto-Mirroring-box/32878837555.html?spm=2114.10010108.100009.3.2a7169 6dxbebhz&gps-id=pcDetailLeftTopSell&scm=1007.13482.95643.0&scm_ id=1007.13482.95643.0&scm-url=1007.13482.95643.0&pvid=b139d12d-0bb0-4e0c-8662-a826b94316f2

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mult...4-bb12b2699e06
But there are plenty vendors. Dont have any experience with the link i sent. Just an exemple.

See this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ay-w205-8.html

Last edited by Pazevedo78; 10-30-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
3: You sould Have a NTG5. You can retrofit car play
4: No, not your only solution. You can keep your screen. With something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Afte...2-a826b94316f2

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mult...4-bb12b2699e06
But there are plenty vendors. Dont have any experience with the link i sent. Just an exemple.

See this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ay-w205-8.html
idk how I missed this. Any and all research I did seemed to point to this stuff wouldn’t work on the NTG 5.0. I’ll definitely look further into it, thanks! This would pretty much solve all my problems if it worked.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S205
Originally Posted by Andrew Maddox
  1. What are my options as far as updating the navigation maps? Dealer quoted me $600, no way am I doing that. The maps I have on there now is from 2014, so previous owner never updated them
Sorry if this is too much 😬
Hello,
Before I bought the 10.25 unit, I bought a SD card of 2018 maps for 60 euros en eBay. Works fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades